What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (5 Viewers)

I am having a little trouble. I am level 44 and am having a hard time killing anything even lower levels.
I was laying waste to things starting up Cruel and then went into the Fetid Bog or whatever and am just getting pVVn3d. Making me angry. I have 6 unspent passive points sitting open, so might need to drop them in life and armor.
Why did you decide to leave so many passive skill points unused?
Psychologically, I love to dump a few at a time. I am also trying to decide where and what.
I do the same thing. It is satisfying.

Here

If you had 6 passive points and 6 refunds, what would you do? Add the +30% resistances? Grab life? Grab armour?

I see a couple I should probably refund - versatility (+20 INT and +20 dex as well as 5% accuracy)? and a strength that goes up early on.

I am having a little trouble. I am level 44 and am having a hard time killing anything even lower levels.
I was laying waste to things starting up Cruel and then went into the Fetid Bog or whatever and am just getting pVVn3d. Making me angry. I have 6 unspent passive points sitting open, so might need to drop them in life and armor.I am eying the cluster for rangers with a 24% armor and evasion bonus. Thoughts? I can be there immediately.
Here's a tip, Whenever you enter a new difficulty, go straight to the Ledge. I actually do this:1) Skip all mobs in starter zone before camp, kill hillock.2) Get all quests3) Run through next zone, kill a few mobs but no where near a clear, skip fire witches - step into tidal island but do not kill anything (purpose of this is to reveal the levels on your map)3b) Go to next zone, get waypoint just enough for glyphs, step into fetid pool do not kill anything4) Go to Submerged passage, get waypoint5) Clear upper/lower submerged passage6) Skip dweller of the deep for now (but enter cave similar to before, do not kill anything), go to ledge7) Clear ledge and get waypoint8) Check level, if I am not at least 3 (usually 4-5) levels above the level requirement for the side maps, grind ledge until I am overlevelledThis is for HC, but will work for SC as well if you are having problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see a couple I should probably refund - versatility (+20 INT and +20 dex as well as 5% accuracy)? and a strength that goes up early on.
that's a really good keystone actually, I'd keep it - once you refund it you will find gear you cannot wear and support gems that no longer work.

that's a really good keystone actually, I'd keep it - once you refund it you will find gear you cannot wear and support gems that no longer work.
What about the strength +10 right above armour mastery? No reason for it, right?

FWIW I am thinking I will make this a fire 2H marauder and try to grab all that awesome extra fire dmg down lower left. Add some Anger with that would be devastating to most mobs, yes?

Now I see what you mean. I am level 37, Fetid is 39. OK, I will run for the Ledge and get leveled up. I went back and did OK, but still ended up dead. Mud area piece of cake.

What about the strength +10 right above armour mastery? No reason for it, right?
It won't let you refund that without adding 2 more between Troll's Blood and Heart of the Gladiator (I usually get those two since I think it helps reduce damage when mobs/mini-bosses/bosses crit on me)

It won't you refund that without adding 2 more between Troll's Blood and Heart of the Gladiator (I usually get those two since I think it helps reduce damage when mobs/mini-bosses/bosses crit on me)
Doh, that's right. I was thinking they were linked below. Overall, I think I am fairly on point with this build. Thoughts on the Leather and Steel near Dex for the extra armour?

FWIW I am thinking I will make this a fire 2H marauder and try to grab all that awesome extra fire dmg down lower left. Add some Anger with that would be devastating to most mobs, yes?
I forget which skills use fire that are melee based, the 30% burn damage node in there is really good once you figure out what skill to use with it.Also do not ignore Resolute Technique I think it upped my dps 25% since it makes your chance to hit 100%

It won't you refund that without adding 2 more between Troll's Blood and Heart of the Gladiator (I usually get those two since I think it helps reduce damage when mobs/mini-bosses/bosses crit on me)
Doh, that's right. I was thinking they were linked below. Overall, I think I am fairly on point with this build. Thoughts on the Leather and Steel near Dex for the extra armour?
It's just OK, if you go Iron Reflexes, you do not get a double bonus from that node just a single bonus (from what I read).

It's just OK, if you go Iron Reflexes, you do not get a double bonus from that node just a single bonus (from what I read).
I wasn't planning on trekking all the way over there for that unless there was a compelling reason to pick up a lot of other great ones.

I am over the Ledge critters level but they can still kill me if I have to face more than 3 at a time.
Any chance if you are on with me you could get me a few waypoints in cruel? I might be able to help at the ledge as well.I grabbed that no evade keystone and yeah, my DPS went up about 25% to a little over 300. Not bad for level 37 I suppose.

I am over the Ledge critters level but they can still kill me if I have to face more than 3 at a time.
What is your armour at, by chance? I know I am pumping up my armour as much as possible, as well. My dmg mitigation is almost 50% I believe. Got a chest piece with 299, which really helps.

HereIf you had 6 passive points and 6 refunds, what would you do? Add the +30% resistances? Grab life? Grab armour?
If you had 6 passives and 6 refunds this is what I would do:Step 1. First I would remove Versatility, Steel Skin and the 6% all resistance nodes and I would take your 9 skill points (3 new from respeccing) and grab resolute technique and begin moving down along the outside of the tree.Step 2. Next I would grab the Blood Magic keystone and link the outside of the tree to the inside where you went earlier.Step 3. Now that you have created a loop it is safe to begin respeccing again, I'd begin by removing the two +10 dex and the one +10 Str nodes directly to the left of the new connection - then taking your new found 3 skill points and putting continue to the southeast of the tree towards unwavering stance.The goal here is to eventually entirely respec out of the southern start point of the marauder tree except for the initial 12% melee dmg node (6 points), and from the southwest side of the duelist tree (or rather the link we created in step 2, affording us 7 points). 5 of those 7 points could reconnect the duelist life nodes to the rest of your build at a netgain of +2 nodes - in the process you lose 20% armor but gain 14% 2h melee dmg and 3% attack speed, nothing spectacular but its better than 3 +stat nodes.Possible lvl 65ish build.This is all assuming you are using 2handed maces, I know this build works because its one of the most popular, after that best advice I can give you is that the most important mod on items for this build is +life on gear, with resistances close behind.

HereIf you had 6 passive points and 6 refunds, what would you do? Add the +30% resistances? Grab life? Grab armour?
If you had 6 passives and 6 refunds this is what I would do:Step 1. First I would remove Versatility, Steel Skin and the 6% all resistance nodes and I would take your 9 skill points (3 new from respeccing) and grab resolute technique and begin moving down along the outside of the tree.Step 2. Next I would grab the Blood Magic keystone and link the outside of the tree to the inside where you went earlier.Step 3. Now that you have created a loop it is safe to begin respeccing again, I'd begin by removing the two +10 dex and the one +10 Str nodes directly to the left of the new connection - then taking your new found 3 skill points and putting continue to the southeast of the tree towards unwavering stance.The goal here is to eventually entirely respec out of the southern start point of the marauder tree except for the initial 12% melee dmg node (6 points), and from the southwest side of the duelist tree (or rather the link we created in step 2, affording us 7 points). 5 of those 7 points could reconnect the duelist life nodes to the rest of your build at a netgain of +2 nodes - in the process you lose 20% armor but gain 14% 2h melee dmg and 3% attack speed, nothing spectacular but its better than 3 +stat nodes.Possible lvl 60ish build.This is all assuming you are using 2handed maces, I know this build works because its one of the most popular, after that best advice I can give you is that the most important mod on items for this build is +life on gear, with resistances close behind.
Yep, Blood Magic is REALLY good, so good in fact I just spent 7 respec points (!)to go from thisto thisfor my witchI had to give up 225 life (25% of my 900 life) so I will be grinding cautiously in HC for the next 4 levels or so. I do not intend to get blood magic, but to use a blood magic gem with some of my more expensive spells so I will not need as "deep" of a mana pool and I can run very many auras. The problem is in order to use a blood magic support gem I need some decent life regen, so I have respecced above to get the 1% life regen node along the way I get some nice perks like +30 life w/ 12% keystone and the Prestidigation which is awesome for casters (20% mana regen coupled with 6% cast speed). I'll also get Celestial Walker keystone that gives 10% all resist w/ 10% elemental damage another really awesome caster keystone once my life is back above 1k.

How do auras work with blood magic? Do they cut into your health, or have no cost in that way?

How do auras work with blood magic? Do they cut into your health, or have no cost in that way?
Here's the deal, if you go full on blood magic you typically do not cast any 40% mana reserve auras unless you are playing SC then I guess it is ok if you have enough HP.For HC, what min/max casters are doing is keeping their mana pools for any 40% auras they want to run (and in fact can run all of them on a tiny mana pool), beefing up their HP and then adding a blood magic gem to all of their spells so they can ignore mana for the most part.

Yes, they reserve 100% of the mana cost with your health instead.The blood magic gem starts with a 200% mana cost modifier making the keystone universally better. The difference being you can link active skills to blood magic support gems, and then reserve all of your mana for as many auras as possible.Blood magic really is the best passive on the tree at the moment.
Here's the deal, if you go full on blood magic you typically do not cast any 40% mana reserve auras unless you are playing SC then I guess it is ok if you have enough HP.For HC, what min/max casters are doing is keeping their mana pools for any 40% auras they want to run (and in fact can run all of them on a tiny mana pool), beefing up their HP and then adding a blood magic gem to all of their spells so they can ignore mana for the most part.
This, with reduced mana on the 40% auras it can drop it down to 33% which leaves you 1% to cast certain spells and then you connect blood magic support gems to your active skills. Its powerful, especially for hardcore where survivability trumps the potential huge damage increase afforded by a 5L or 6L.

Does a blood magic gem work with melee/projectile skills? Maybe it does, but realistically do INT requirements make it not feasible?

I am envisioning a great AOE melee like Leap Slam or such and linking it to life on hit, extra elemental % and fire dmg/lightning dmg gems.

jeebus I think I am rerolling yet again, marauder on hc this time due to all of the bm talk, just looked at their quest rewards too and they get 4 (!) of them offered as quest rewards.

build something like this to start before I go full on caster, or maybe even double totem

just realized don't even need Eldritch Battery, and I guess technically don't need inner force either, hmm, but will probably keep it 30% more of the auras is probably worth it.

jeebus I think I am rerolling yet again, marauder on hc this time due to all of the bm talk, just looked at their quest rewards too and they get 4 (!) of them offered as quest rewards.build something like this to start before I go full on caster, or maybe even double totemjust realized don't even need Eldritch Battery, and I guess technically don't need inner force either, hmm, but will probably keep it 30% more of the auras is probably worth it.
Marauders get like 5 chances at reduced mana cost as well, which I would take personally, they go for close to a GPC, whereas bloodmagic supports can be bought for like an alch since so few people can use them.

GGG announced the Season 1 race events. This looks awful fun. Anyone ever try a race?http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/171489

'Run It Up said:
'Jojo the circus boy said:
jeebus I think I am rerolling yet again, marauder on hc this time due to all of the bm talk, just looked at their quest rewards too and they get 4 (!) of them offered as quest rewards.build something like this to start before I go full on caster, or maybe even double totemjust realized don't even need Eldritch Battery, and I guess technically don't need inner force either, hmm, but will probably keep it 30% more of the auras is probably worth it.
Marauders get like 5 chances at reduced mana cost as well, which I would take personally, they go for close to a GPC, whereas bloodmagic supports can be bought for like an alch since so few people can use them.
Good call, decided to use my Facebreaker at level 16, lots of fun - 1 shot most mobs and then they blow up and kill everything around them. Using Infernal Blow as my main attack w/ Tempest Shield + Anger + Molten Shell for 215 dps (Inf Blow) at level 21, main attack is 155 dps.

Bought a new weapon and everything seems to going smoothly. I leveled up to 45 last night. It is hard for me to give up or get rid of anything once I have put so much time and effort into building it. But, some of the stuff is never going to be good enough on the higher levels. I wish I could get back all those armour scraps and blacksmith stones.

I just started my first PoE tank. infact I have never built a tank in any game. I have my archer that will be used for farming after I picked up some gloves last night that gets the rarity stat over 200% so hopefully he will be able to drum up some good gear for all of my other builds.

Any tips to kill the boss at the end of Act II? After making my way through the various flights of stairs (with no waypoints to be found dangit) I made it to the boss and got killed after one hit by one of his minions. I've been flying solo - Is the only way to team up with a party?

Any tips to kill the boss at the end of Act II? After making my way through the various flights of stairs (with no waypoints to be found dangit) I made it to the boss and got killed after one hit by one of his minions. I've been flying solo - Is the only way to team up with a party?
There is a strategy write up on the wikihttp://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Vaal_Oversoul

Vaal is not too bad, get more HP and levels.It's funny how ridiculously easy these bosses are once you play HC and do not rush content.

I'm always on the move in that fight unless he's putting down the ice. One lazor beam or mega pound and it is not good. I set up a town portal for emergencies.

Vaal is not too bad, get more HP and levels.It's funny how ridiculously easy these bosses are once you play HC and do not rush content.
Overlevelling content to triviality is definitely one option.

What is your name? Plenty of FBGs willing to help if we are on.

So what is the deal with that Kotoku False God dealio? ##### hits HARD! I can clear the Ledge with ease, vs groups of mobs 20+, but a couple of hits from him and I am dead if I don't roam. Is he reflecting something terrible?

So what is the deal with that Kotoku False God dealio? ##### hits HARD! I can clear the Ledge with ease, vs groups of mobs 20+, but a couple of hits from him and I am dead if I don't roam. Is he reflecting something terrible?
Seems to be doing lighting damage. I've got enough resists in cruel that it doesn't really affect me. I still pull most of the mobs away from him before I kill him.

Seems to be doing lighting damage. I've got enough resists in cruel that it doesn't really affect me. I still pull most of the mobs away from him before I kill him.
Yeah, he has the hundreds of static flying around that deal a ton of damage as well. Gonna have to work on maximizing my electrical resist as well as my rarity to farm the Ledge. At level 38, so won't have too much more of leveling here.

'Mad Cow said:
'SHIZNITTTT said:
Any chance if you are on with me you could get me a few waypoints in cruel? I might be able to help at the ledge as well.I grabbed that no evade keystone and yeah, my DPS went up about 25% to a little over 300. Not bad for level 37 I suppose.
Sure no problem. I have a nice weapon you can have as well. Mamoux is my player name

You can do it solo, but it's much easier with a party. He was the one boss I didn't kill solo in normal. Yeah, I could have leveled more, but I was in a hurry.

If I have a stat the increases the rarity drops, does that effect gear drops only or does it effect currency/orbs drops as well?

I've geeked out with some of you guys before with games, but I think this thread, particularly the last couple pages might be the absolute geekiest thing I've ever read on these boards.

I've geeked out with some of you guys before with games, but I think this thread, particularly the last couple pages might be the absolute geekiest thing I've ever read on these boards.
The game almost demands it if you want to complete the harder levels.

So there is this crazy little section up and left of the marauder start with some crazy good nodes all side-by-side. You get a ton of health (2 separate areas), armour/shield, elemental and 2H damage. You get a ton of keystones all by each other. I think I am going to make a beeline there.

If I take Iron Reflexes, will I be able to use all of the following passive nodes or should I just target one of these?Armor % IncreaseEvasion % IncreaseArmor+Evasion % Increase

Users who are viewing this thread