What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (4 Viewers)

Got lucky on Friday and got in a few groups that propelled me through Act 2. Moved on the cruel Act 3 with my ranger at level 42. :lol: Now to go back to Fellshrine and farm/level up until I can actually handle Act 3.

Dang, got a 5L from a vendor, but it is only a iLvl 40 padded vest. GGGRR, I believe. Anyone want it?

I have to date had 2 drop for me.100+ hours played, Level 73, 48, 35 chars. Have had 1 exalt drop when I randomly decided to run cruel City of Sarn with my overleved Marauder to find stuff for my EK shadow char. I was actually talking to someone on the phone and running on autopilot and then I was like, whoah, exalted orb, neat.

Starting to get the hang of LA + Chain. I have frenzy for my primary attack, LA for 2nd and RoA for 3rd. Pretty efficient, but have to watch the health now that I went Blood magic. Only at 1400 health at level 44, so it can get a little dicey when multiple bosses jump in.

FWIW the 5L that I got is free to any FBG that wants it. Low iLvl but might be worthwhile to someone wanting a leveling chest piece.

FWIW the 5L that I got is free to any FBG that wants it. Low iLvl but might be worthwhile to someone wanting a leveling chest piece.
I will take it! I've been farming trying to raise the currency for that 6L I linked earlier, but at the rate I'm going it'll take a month to get there. This will buy me some time to work on upgrading my bow.

I will take it! I've been farming trying to raise the currency for that 6L I linked earlier, but at the rate I'm going it'll take a month to get there. This will buy me some time to work on upgrading my bow.
Yours

I have had to date, in approximately 200 hours in open beta and over 200 in closed beta absolutely zero feathers drop.

Are you guys sure that this isn't some sort of inside joke? I see them for sale on chat, but to fish with them? Or whatever? Nah!

I thought the feathers were a joke as well, hence my equating them to the drop rates of the GCP. I have 1 GCP in 110 hours of play (one character).

The feathers actually are not a joke and have existed going on three years now. Chris Wilson has said on a couple occasions that they have a purpose and whether that purpose has been implemented yet is a secret, which led to the now three year old running joke about fishing in path of exile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Family is off on a day trip. Let's see if we can get my lvl 45 ranger through cruel. :nerd:

If you happen across any other baddish 5L ES chests, I could use one. I have this cobbled together Ev/ES 5L mess that doesn't fit with my build at all but i def need the 5L and 6 chaos isn't a bad price at all for a bump up in quality. I'm doing a CI build so I don't need life at all, everything else would probably be an upgrade.

I assumed they were a joke as I could not find a wikia entry for them. Do you have a link which explains this item?
I can't find any resources that actually link them, but I have seen them in game in trade screens and in chat, they most certainly do exist but they don't have a discovered purpose yet, when they changed the endgame from the previous system (called Maelstrom of Chaos, which a recent unique map was named after) to the current maps system it was rumored that you would use it in one of the additional slots in the map machine to add special mods to your map, whether this is true or not is unknown as people have tried several combinations one would expect such as a map plus 3 feathers, one in each slot as well as whole stacks of feathers in each slot.

There was an

where I thought he jokingly mentioned it but after skimming it I could not locate the segment.If you scroll down on this page they have linked a feather on the forums and if you follow the image in that post you see that it was dropped by an "Albino Rhoa", of which can only be found in the ship graveyard and the mudflats, from what I have heard.

Nice! With a couple of pubs and some FBG help, I breezed through Act 3 and am now an underleveled Merc looking to hit ledges. ;)

Well I gave HC a run and they can stick in their ###! Played for around 30 minutes and lagged out/killed. Don't see the upside to playing HC at all? People say the economy is better, but losing your character and starting back at zero is insane. Could you even imagine being level 50 or higher and losing that character? :lol:

Well I gave HC a run and they can stick in their ###! Played for around 30 minutes and lagged out/killed. Don't see the upside to playing HC at all? People say the economy is better, but losing your character and starting back at zero is insane. Could you even imagine being level 50 or higher and losing that character? :lol:
HC is just a different game, it can be much more enjoyable and there is an actual stable economy.The problem is there are currently just as many ways to die unfairly as fairly.I won't be starting over in HC until the netcode problem has been entirely sorted out.

Jumped in a few pubs today and did Act 1 in Merc with my ranger. She is now about 8-10 levels under. :lol: I still need to go back and do Allflame. I didn't even do into that area at all. I ported straight to the Cavern of Wrath from town after Brutus.

How about dying at #1 on the HC ladder at ladder 85?

About 4 and a half minutes in.

HC is just a different game, it can be much more enjoyable and there is an actual stable economy.The problem is there are currently just as many ways to die unfairly as fairly.I won't be starting over in HC until the netcode problem has been entirely sorted out.
It is crazy. I was standing all alone away from any bad guys, but with the lag I guess I was getting my ### handed to me??? Yeah I will wait until it is a lot more stable before putting anymore time in.

Jumped in a few pubs today and did Act 1 in Merc with my ranger. She is now about 8-10 levels under. :lol: I still need to go back and do Allflame. I didn't even do into that area at all. I ported straight to the Cavern of Wrath from town after Brutus.
I didn't do Allflame until I got to Act 2 and leveled up doing Fellshrine runs, the Shipyard Cave (59) is the highest zone in Act 1, 4 levels higher than Cavern of Wrath (55).

How in the world is he running up to 9 aura's? That is insane.

He was in a party, I don't think they were all his.

He was in a party, I don't think they were all his.

Oh, I guess I saw it wrong. I thought he was running several after he was killed later in the video.

I notice that I appear to be progressing significantly slower than the rest of you guys. Is this due to the fact that I am not using party's to advance through areas?

It might be also that I am slightly overleveled. With my first character, roughly 110 hours played, 1/2 through level 59, and about 1/2 through Act 3 of Cruel.

That lvl 85 was Kripparian's Wand Templar, he ran 7 auras but could run all of them if he wanted to throw anger, grace and wrath on blood magic.He was running eldritch battery so technically Discipline (215 mana, reduced to 153, adds 212 energy which is increased by energy shield talents then converted to mana) wasn't an aura, well it was he shared it with his party but he didn't receive any energy shield, it was converted to mana giving him a huge mana boost.The other 6 he ran were Determination (40%, reduced to 28.4%), Haste (40%, reduced to 28.4%), Clarity(440 mana, reduced to 312), Grace (213 mana, reduced to 151), Anger (164 mana, reduced to 116), Wrath (164 mana, reduced to 116)So after turning on discipline his mana was boosted to 2745.

Determination = 780Haste = 780

Clarity = 312

Grace = 151Discipline = 153Anger = 116

Wrath = 116

Total Reserved = 2407 or approximately 87% of 2745.Which is why Eldritch Battery and Blood Magic are the two strongest Keystones, one lets you never worry about your resources again, the other lets you run all the auras.

I notice that I appear to be progressing significantly slower than the rest of you guys. Is this due to the fact that I am not using party's to advance through areas?It might be also that I am slightly overleveled. With my first character, roughly 110 hours played, 1/2 through level 59, and about 1/2 through Act 3 of Cruel.
In comparison, my highest level character finally dinged 80 today, after dying three times at 79 to dumb mistakes. Clocked in at 4 days and 3 hours (99 hours) played.100% solo lightning arrow cheesefest.Whereas I have 5 other level ~60-65 characters (besides my elemental melee) that are just collecting dust because they cannot progress as quickly as I would like them to. Its not just you, I have decent builds I just cannot get the gear for half my builds, which is a logical problem to have I supposed since my lvl 80 character still isnt even geared properly. Some builds require less gear (*cough* Lightning Arrow *cough*) to progress, others hit a wall around the time you start doing maps.

I notice that I appear to be progressing significantly slower than the rest of you guys. Is this due to the fact that I am not using party's to advance through areas?It might be also that I am slightly overleveled. With my first character, roughly 110 hours played, 1/2 through level 59, and about 1/2 through Act 3 of Cruel.
In comparison, my highest level character finally dinged 80 today, after dying three times at 79 to dumb mistakes. Clocked in at 4 days and 3 hours (99 hours) played.100% solo lightning arrow cheesefest..
What support gems do you use with lightening arrow? I have gmp and chain.

Run It Up said:
That lvl 85 was Kripparian's Wand Templar, he ran 7 auras but could run all of them if he wanted to throw anger, grace and wrath on blood magic.He was running eldritch battery so technically Discipline (215 mana, reduced to 153, adds 212 energy which is increased by energy shield talents then converted to mana) wasn't an aura, well it was he shared it with his party but he didn't receive any energy shield, it was converted to mana giving him a huge mana boost.The other 6 he ran were Determination (40%, reduced to 28.4%), Haste (40%, reduced to 28.4%), Clarity(440 mana, reduced to 312), Grace (213 mana, reduced to 151), Anger (164 mana, reduced to 116), Wrath (164 mana, reduced to 116)So after turning on discipline his mana was boosted to 2745.Determination = 780Haste = 780Clarity = 312Grace = 151Discipline = 153Anger = 116Wrath = 116Total Reserved = 2407 or approximately 87% of 2745.Which is why Eldritch Battery and Blood Magic are the two strongest Keystones, one lets you never worry about your resources again, the other lets you run all the auras.
Do you have a link to this passive tree?I am confused by your last sentence. I was under the mistaken assumption that one should not use Eldritch Battery and Blood Magic keystones together.

NewlyRetired said:
5L I have Lightning Arrow w/ LMP, Chain, Weapon Elemental, Life on Hit (for a 6L I would add either faster attacks or life leech, or the new power charge gem if I could get a lioneyes glare)

Do you have a link to this passive tree?

I am confused by your last sentence. I was under the mistaken assumption that one should not use Eldritch Battery and Blood Magic keystones together.
I was just stating that Eldritch Battery and Blood Magic (separately) are in my opinion the two strongest keystones, because their utility is unmatched by anything in the game. Blood magic allows you to just stack life giving you more survivability, makes your regeneration and life leech more effective, and you never have to worry about the cost of your skills. Eldritch Battery allows you to run 7 auras comfortably, which can turn a poorly geared character into a monster and a well geared character into a god.

Exilepro Templar Wander (Kripp's old build), this build will likely become obsolete with the new power charge gem coming out, but something a lot like it will replace it.

NewlyRetired said:
5L I have Lightning Arrow w/ LMP, Chain, Weapon Elemental, Life on Hit (for a 6L I would add either faster attacks or life leech, or the new power charge gem if I could get a lioneyes glare)
Do you have a link to this passive tree?

I am confused by your last sentence. I was under the mistaken assumption that one should not use Eldritch Battery and Blood Magic keystones together.
I was just stating that Eldritch Battery and Blood Magic (separately) are in my opinion the two strongest keystones, because their utility is unmatched by anything in the game. Blood magic allows you to just stack life giving you more survivability, makes your regeneration and life leech more effective, and you never have to worry about the cost of your skills. Eldritch Battery allows you to run 7 auras comfortably, which can turn a poorly geared character into a monster and a well geared character into a god.Exilepro Templar Wander (Kripp's old build), this build will likely become obsolete with the new power charge gem coming out, but something a lot like it will replace it.
Thank you for the info. I am very interested in using Blood Magic for my second character. I may go with blood magic gems though on my two most used skills and then run multiple aura's instead of going for the Keystone which may be a bit out of my way. Aura's is by far the weakest point I think of my current character. I only have enough mana to really support one aura and still use my skills.

Thank you for the info. I am very interested in using Blood Magic for my second character. I may go with blood magic gems though on my two most used skills and then run multiple aura's instead of going for the Keystone which may be a bit out of my way.Aura's is by far the weakest point I think of my current character. I only have enough mana to really support one aura and still use my skills.
No problem, its a fine line though just gotta plan your build a little ahead of time. Using blood magic gems is great because you get the best of both worlds, but you suffer from having two of your support gems ALWAYS having to be Blood Magic and Life Leech, so for the utility you have a direct damage decrease. Also, its pretty common for Eldritch Battery users to also use Blood Magic gems as they typically try to jam as many auras into their build as possible.

Thank you for the info. I am very interested in using Blood Magic for my second character. I may go with blood magic gems though on my two most used skills and then run multiple aura's instead of going for the Keystone which may be a bit out of my way.Aura's is by far the weakest point I think of my current character. I only have enough mana to really support one aura and still use my skills.
No problem, its a fine line though just gotta plan your build a little ahead of time. Using blood magic gems is great because you get the best of both worlds, but you suffer from having two of your support gems ALWAYS having to be Blood Magic and Life Leech, so for the utility you have a direct damage decrease.
Hmm, good point. I was hoping that having an extra life flask spot available (assuming I rarely if ever needed to refill mana) might cover me in case I can't fit in an extra support gem like Life Leech. Sounds like I need to rethink this.

The skill tree app that was linked earlier in the thread has bern ported to run on ios. They tested on ipad last weekend and had good results. They hope to release shortly in the app store.

Holy crap did I just get lucky. Found a Vaal Regalia in a map, 50 Jewellers for a 6S, 42 fusings for a 6L.

Holy crap did I just get lucky. Found a Vaal Regalia in a map, 50 Jewellers for a 6S, 42 fusings for a 6L.
Is the 50/42 from a vendor or from a trade?
All vendors from merciless Hillock runs and a few merciless ledge runs. I've only made 2 total trades in game, one with MadCow and one with SHIZ.

Wow, I alched it 3x and ended up with 2.0 regen life, 90% increase energy shield, +100 energy shield (so a total of 627 ES), 34% cold resist,13% lightning resist. It's hard to imagine being much luckier. Is this thing worth exalting? It's a L68 so I don't think I can roll much higher ES% or ES, so it's exalt or leave it as is forever and enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread