What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Outlook for Ravens RBs - Does the arrival of King Henry signal the end of the perpetual RBBC ? (1 Viewer)

Faust said:
Best quote from this article

Forsett managed 11 yards on five carries in one forgettable game. Buck Allen has nearly as many yards receiving (19) as he does rushing (20). Terrance West has scored two touchdowns, but he hasn't broken a run longer than nine yards. And Kenneth Dixon has 47 yards on 15 carries (3.1-yard average) when you remove his 19-yard run.

Wait, what?  Why would you remove his 19 yard run?  

Here's another way of looking at it.

Rookie kenneth dixon, who missed time at the start of training camp with a minor injury, has already earned a role and is the only rb on the team averaging over 4 ypc this pre season. This is especially noteworthy because dixon is known for his receiving ability and prolific scoring, but he already has a 19 yard run this preseason.  

Incumbent starter justin forsett, who turns 31 this season, hasn't played much this preseason and isn't an ideal fit for trestman's preference of using backs as receivers out of the backfield.  Forsett averaged just 5 yards per catch last year and 6 the year before.  Terrance west generated some buzz during camp and had 2 tds in the first preseason game, is missing practices with a jammed finger.  Buck allen has been the second back on the field, but has done nothing to distinguish himself this preseason and has very little buzz in camp.  The opportunity is there for dixon to move quickly up the depth chart.

With Dixon getting injured I have no idea what to do here.  Drafted Buck as my last pick, but he hasn't looked rosterable.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports it's "definitely possible" the Ravens re-sign free agent Justin Forsett.

It's similar to what ESPN Ravens reporter Jamison Hensley reported Saturday, but it's worth mentioning again in case it got lost in the news shuffle. The Ravens are clearly interested in re-signing Forsett and may have only cut him because he was the lone running back on the team that wasn't subject to waivers. Forsett is likely fielding other calls from teams, but as long as he didn't feel disrespected by being cut, it sounds like he could be back in Baltimore soon.

Related: Ravens

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter 
Sep 4 - 11:20 AM

Pro Football Talk reports free agent RB Justin Forsett is "likely" to re-sign with the Ravens.
There has been constant buzz Forsett would return to Baltimore after being cut Saturday, but this is the first report which categorized a return as probable. This is more a question of when than if at this point. Terrance West and Buck Allen are still quality waiver adds, but their upside will be stunted by Forsett's return.

Source: Pro Football Talk 
Sep 4 - 11:59 AM

has there ever been a team with such a confusing fantasy mess at RB AND WR?  There's 4 guys who could be the WR1 and 4 who could be the RB1.  Nuts.

I still think Aiken will be the #1 WR
Me too, but it wouldn't surprise to still see Steve Smith do well; that is one guy I will not bet against until I see the drop-off. 

Mike Wallace will be feast or famine from a FF standpoint, but if I were still playing in long distance scoring leagues, I would have been all over him for his price (which is pretty much nil). 

Me too, but it wouldn't surprise to still see Steve Smith do well; that is one guy I will not bet against until I see the drop-off. 

Mike Wallace will be feast or famine from a FF standpoint, but if I were still playing in long distance scoring leagues, I would have been all over him for his price (which is pretty much nil). 
Me too. Have him as my 5th, and love it

Baltimore Sun's Jeff Zrebiec believes Justin Forsett will have a "significant" Week 1 role.
It has become all but a formality that Forsett will be re-signed early this week, and it looks like he will return to something resembling a No. 1 role. That said, the Ravens were always expected to use a heavy committee, and that seems especially true after they were willing to risk putting Forsett on the street for a couple days. With Forsett, Terrance West, and Buck Allen likely to get looks, all three are risky FLEX plays at best Week 1.

Source: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter 
Sep 4 - 9:26 PM

The Ravens are dressing only two running backs for Week 1 against the Bills.
Fullback Kyle Juszczyk will be available as a third running back in case of emergency. Buck Allen, who was expected to open the year as Baltimore's passing-down back, was a healthy scratch. That means backfield work will be split between Justin Forsett and Terrance West. Forsett will get the start but Allen is going to have a bigger role than expected. West is likely the favorite for goal-line carries and could make for an interesting RB3 in fantasy.

Sep 11 - 12:01 PM

i think this will be dixon's job too when he comes back.  

for wr's, put me down for wallace leading the team in yards.  smith in catches.  pretty even in tds.  

Justin Forsett out-snapped Terrance West 34-30 in Week 1 against the Bills.
West out-carried (12-10) and out-touched (14-13) Forsett in this even timeshare, but Forsett averaged 4.1 YPC to West's 2.7. The Ravens are expected to run the ball more this week against a lowly Browns team, but both backs remain RB3/FLEX options only until one pulls away from the other.

Related: Terrance West

Source: ESPN.com 
Sep 14 - 9:15 AM

Updates I saw on Twitter:

- Beat writer expects West to start and get the workload this week 

- Dixon will be eased in slowly 

I'm taking today's benching of Forsett as a positive sign for Dixon.
It's positive news for west and dixon.  It's basically west getting a chance to become the incumbent.  If he has a monster game it will  be hard to bench him outright for dixon.  With the raiders and redskins on the schedule i would much rather see dixon playing now than later.  

It's positive news for west and dixon.  It's basically west getting a chance to become the incumbent.  If he has a monster game it will  be hard to bench him outright for dixon.  With the raiders and redskins on the schedule i would much rather see dixon playing now than later.  
I don't see how West takes the job barring another injury to Dixon.  He's a failed RB while Dixon represents the future.  He's done nothing up to this point to indicate he's keeping the starting job.  If he was that good, he would have done it already.  My money is on Dixon.

Exactly. West should be picked up just because of the next two matchup. He can run away with the job but it's entirely up to him.

But if it's another muddle with mediocre results Dixon is right there. 

I don't see how West takes the job barring another injury to Dixon.  He's a failed RB while Dixon represents the future.  He's done nothing up to this point to indicate he's keeping the starting job.  If he was that good, he would have done it already.  My money is on Dixon.
I have been one of the biggest dixon honks on this board so you'll get no argument from me.  I drafted him in every league, dynasty, redraft, mfl, whatever.  I'm just saying that a big game from west today could slow down the process.  I absolutely think dixon is the best player in this backfield, that he had won the job in the preseason, and that the team drafted him to be The Guy.  But the process of "easing him in" will go a lot faster if dixon has a bad game than if he drops 150/2 on the raiders.

I have been one of the biggest dixon honks on this board so you'll get no argument from me.  I drafted him in every league, dynasty, redraft, mfl, whatever.  I'm just saying that a big game from west today could slow down the process.  I absolutely think dixon is the best player in this backfield, that he had won the job in the preseason, and that the team drafted him to be The Guy.  But the process of "easing him in" will go a lot faster if dixon has a bad game than if he drops 150/2 on the raiders.
I agree with all of this. :thumbup:

I agree with all of this. :thumbup:
Not all of it.

Users who are viewing this thread