What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (6 Viewers)

Whoa... through seasons 1 and 2 and half of season 3 this weekend thanks to ####ty weather keeping the GF and I inside most of the weekend. Yes, that's over 20 hours of Game of Thrones watching in a 3 day window, don't hate. :lol:

Picking up with episode 6/10 of Season 3 tonight. Anticipate we'll finish out the season by Tuesday night... leaving us with a long wait till April, but at least we won't have to sweat spoilers.

Honestly, Season 3 has lagged a bit for me. Lot of small parts shuffling around while the big pieces seem to stagnate.

I find my interest in Daenerys' progress with her dragons and acquisition of the Unsullied across the sea being the most compelling storyline right now.
I respect the subtle shifts occurring and what they mean with regards to the political landscape, however I'm hoping things pick up in the final 5 episodes of the season. Still most definitely an AWESOME series... it just feels a bit like a quiet before the storm right now. :popcorn:

Whoa... through seasons 1 and 2 and half of season 3 this weekend thanks to ####ty weather keeping the GF and I inside most of the weekend. Yes, that's over 20 hours of Game of Thrones watching in a 3 day window, don't hate. :lol:

Picking up with episode 6/10 of Season 3 tonight. Anticipate we'll finish out the season by Tuesday night... leaving us with a long wait till April, but at least we won't have to sweat spoilers.

Honestly, Season 3 has lagged a bit for me. Lot of small parts shuffling around while the big pieces seem to stagnate.

I find my interest in Daenerys' progress with her dragons and acquisition of the Unsullied across the sea being the most compelling storyline right now.
I respect the subtle shifts occurring and what they mean with regards to the political landscape, however I'm hoping things pick up in the final 5 episodes of the season. Still most definitely an AWESOME series... it just feels a bit like a quiet before the storm right now. :popcorn:
Only a few more episodes until :shock:

Will wait for update tomorrow. :coffee:

meh. I think they're leaving most of the good stuff for season 4. Still worth watching though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrapped up season 3...

Oh my....

:wub:
That's it?

I expected more of a :o :shock: or :jawdrop:
Oh it was definitely a jaw dropper. Just inferring that I love the show. Also :wub: at Daenerys Targaryen's storyline and how it's shaking out. Intrigued by what is shown regarding her in the 15 min teaser as well. Definitely in her corner as this unfolds...esp given the events of the last couple episodes of S3. (trying not to give anything away).

Fantastic show thus far. Will put it up there with Band of Brothers as far as scope/attention to detail of an epic tale. Anyone that knows me knows that is HIGH praise...

The GF is hooked as well. It was kinda funny going from many hours of GoT to the Walking Dead premiere on Sunday Night.... We used to be huge fans of TWD but it's been lagging lately. Coming from GoT to that abortion of an episode (TWD) really highlighted the flaws in the writing and acting of the latter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrapped up season 3...

Oh my....

:wub:
That's it?I expected more of a :o :shock: or :jawdrop:
Oh it was definitely a jaw dropper. Just inferring that I love the show. Also :wub: at Daenerys Targaryen's storyline and how it's shaking out. Intrigued by what is shown regarding her in the 15 min teaser as well. Definitely in her corner as this unfolds...esp given the events of the last couple episodes of S3. (trying not to give anything away).

Fantastic show thus far. Will put it up there with Band of Brothers as far as scope/attention to detail of an epic tale. Anyone that knows me knows that is HIGH praise...

The GF is hooked as well. It was kinda funny going from many hours of GoT to the Walking Dead premiere on Sunday Night.... We used to be huge fans of TWD but it's been lagging lately. Coming from GoT to that abortion of an episode (TWD) really highlighted the flaws in the writing and acting of the latter.
you can totally talk about past episodes... just dont bring all that nerd "cant wait for this to happen because in the book the magic firey midget lover things really turn the next episode" stuff.... ;)

It was kinda funny going from many hours of GoT to the Walking Dead premiere on Sunday Night.... We used to be huge fans of TWD but it's been lagging lately. Coming from GoT to that abortion of an episode (TWD) really highlighted the flaws in the writing and acting of the latter.
There was a time when I had TWD and GoT in the same tier of awesome television. That quickly evaporated at about the mid season 3 break in TWD where it started going catastrophically downhill and GoT only continued to get better and better.

It was kinda funny going from many hours of GoT to the Walking Dead premiere on Sunday Night.... We used to be huge fans of TWD but it's been lagging lately. Coming from GoT to that abortion of an episode (TWD) really highlighted the flaws in the writing and acting of the latter.
There was a time when I had TWD and GoT in the same tier of awesome television. That quickly evaporated at about the mid season 3 break in TWD where it started going catastrophically downhill and GoT only continued to get better and better.
This is what Thrones does to the Walking Dead

They are different shows. Not sure why people feel the need to compare or rank them. I like them both for different reasons.

They are different shows. Not sure why people feel the need to compare or rank them. I like them both for different reasons.
They appeal to similar demographics both being in what are (maybe now were) considered niche genres.

TV is infinitely better than movies at this point. Much like a shart is infinitely better than your posts.
Most movies suck too. Books and video games are better
HahahahahahahahahahahahaWhat a dweeb
Video games have grosssed more than the movie industry for several years now. Its not just geeks playing its everyone. Its mainstream
That's not hard when you charge $600 for a console and $60 a game.
Exactly.

I'm doing a rewarch from the beginning and I just wrapped up season 1. There are a few things I have issues with but #1 on the list is how King Robert handled the whole "we are going to let Ned rule till my kids ready" angle. Above all else he knows everyone around him is a bunch of thieving jerks. So his bright idea is to tell everyone to leave and write down his wishes on an easily forged parchment?

I'm doing a rewarch from the beginning and I just wrapped up season 1. There are a few things I have issues with but #1 on the list is how King Robert handled the whole "we are going to let Ned rule till my kids ready" angle. Above all else he knows everyone around him is a bunch of thieving jerks. So his bright idea is to tell everyone to leave and write down his wishes on an easily forged parchment?
he didn't become king using his brainpower....

Robert turned into a drunk fool. A lot of things, some being very obvious, he failed to recognize

I'm also re-watching the series. I'm a couple of episodes into S3. Everything is so much more clear with a second viewing (plus having read the "things that don't exist"). So many subtleties that were missed the first time through.

I am also watching the series for a 3rd time and I noticed something in season 1 too. When Jorah Mormont tells Daenerys about why he is a wanted man, she asks him what happened to his wife (he said he had an expensive wife). He replies that she is with another man. But the way it was filmed they kind of emphasized that part. Makes me wonder if his ex wife is going to show up in future episodes. Who knows, it's probably nothing.

Robert turned into a drunk fool. A lot of things, some being very obvious, he failed to recognize
:shrug:

Maybe it is better explained in the book or something..... it just seemed so obvious to me that he would have never handled it that way. With everyone in the room after Ned arrives it just seems to make all the sense in the world that he would have told Goldilocks it wasn't his time yet and that it was his wish to have Ned be his guide until he was ready. Now that's not to say that Ned would have piped up about who the dad was or how it would have played out.....

Rewatched season 3. Did anyone else catch the Aria Red Witch scene where she says there is a darkness in her and the thing about the eyes. Blue green and black (maybe brown). I think Aria is going on a rampage of revenge this season. Joffrey will be the first redemptive strike in the Stark turnaround. Arrow to the heart. By episode 4. :blackdot:

:shrug:

Maybe it is better explained in the book or something..... it just seemed so obvious to me that he would have never handled it that way. With everyone in the room after Ned arrives it just seems to make all the sense in the world that he would have told Goldilocks it wasn't his time yet and that it was his wish to have Ned be his guide until he was ready. Now that's not to say that Ned would have piped up about who the dad was or how it would have played out.....
I'm not sure it would have made any difference. Cersei still would have paid off all the right people and put Joffrey on the throne.

Ned wasn't ready to play the Game of Thrones, I agree Cersei and Tywin would have had him dead in a week either way.

Rewatched season 3. Did anyone else catch the Aria Red Witch scene where she says there is a darkness in her and the thing about the eyes. Blue green and black (maybe brown). I think Aria is going on a rampage of revenge this season. Joffrey will be the first redemptive strike in the Stark turnaround. Arrow to the heart. By episode 4. :blackdot:
Arya...with Needle IMO. :pokey:

Those of you who haven't read the books are missing out on the best fiction written in the past 25 years.

I wonder if they will struggle with the same issues surrounding Harry Potter with Arya and some of the younger cast. The pace of shooting and airing seems to be slowing down. At the rate they are talking it will be and additional 8-ish month gap over the gap from the last season to the this one.

Some of the pace must be to try and keep production costs down, but still. There is a lot left in this series to get through.

I wonder if they will struggle with the same issues surrounding Harry Potter with Arya and some of the younger cast. The pace of shooting and airing seems to be slowing down. At the rate they are talking it will be and additional 8-ish month gap over the gap from the last season to the this one.

Some of the pace must be to try and keep production costs down, but still. There is a lot left in this series to get through.
I didn't notice it too much with Arya, but Sansa looked a lot younger in S1 than she did S3 when I went back and watched them.

I didn't notice it too much with Arya, but Sansa looked a lot younger in S1 than she did S3 when I went back and watched them.
And then there's Bran, who went through puberty between seasons with all the grace of a drunk moose fighting a bag of wet cement.

And then there's Bran, who went through puberty between seasons with all the grace of a drunk moose fighting a bag of wet cement.
:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread