What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (7 Viewers)

How many times do you guys watch the episodes when they come out? 

I typically watch it Sunday night (a bit later after all the kids are asleep so there are no distractions or chances of them seeing something on screen) and then a couple of times Monday's and usually one more time during the week. So, usually 4-5. You?
My MO is to rewatch last weeks episode right before I watch the new one. So tonight, about 7:30, I will watch it and then catch the new episode. 

Watched S1E1 last night. The pacing and music and acting were so... different. Very deliberate. Kinda second rate actually. 

As great as the show is, it's gotten so much better. 

CERSEI  has a virtual checkmate on these rubes  :pickle:   the Casterly Rock/Euron ruse was brilliant, and BUH-BYE Tyrells    :bye:   tell ya what, gimme Cersei, Bronn, Jamie, the Mountain in a fight, and im'ma love my chances  :boxing:  

lovelovelove that Snow refused to take the knee, Dany is becoming an arrogant lil' (rhymes with) twit

man, so much going on ... OVERLOAD!

wtf was up with Bran recanting the Ramsay/Sansa nuptials? weird, no?

where is Arya?  the Hound? ... expect them to be yuuuuuge tonight.

only thing i dig about Dany's side is Jorah coming back - that dude is so freakin' solid.

gotta run out to brunch, but, glad to be up to speed .... i'm off like Yara's pantaloons in a ho-house  :lol:

CERSEI  has a virtual checkmate on these rubes  :pickle:   the Casterly Rock/Euron ruse was brilliant, and BUH-BYE Tyrells    :bye:   tell ya what, gimme Cersei, Bronn, Jamie, the Mountain in a fight, and im'ma love my chances  :boxing:  

lovelovelove that Snow refused to take the knee, Dany is becoming an arrogant lil' (rhymes with) twit

man, so much going on ... OVERLOAD!

wtf was up with Bran recanting the Ramsay/Sansa nuptials? weird, no?

where is Arya?  the Hound? ... expect them to be yuuuuuge tonight.

only thing i dig about Dany's side is Jorah coming back - that dude is so freakin' solid.

gotta run out to brunch, but, glad to be up to speed .... i'm off like Yara's pantaloons in a ho-house  :lol:
I think "Queen of the ashes" has been dropped a couple too many times to be coincidence as far as Dany not wanting to be that.  I am starting to think that Cersei might become that queen and be fine with it.

I think "Queen of the ashes" has been dropped a couple too many times to be coincidence as far as Dany not wanting to be that.  I am starting to think that Cersei might become that queen and be fine with it.
i preface the following by saying i have not gone back through the thread - so if any of this has been bandied about already, so be it ...

here's how i see it going into this evening -

Dany had the huge advantage coming in - she had the numbers, the love and loyalty of said numbers, the dragons, and the veritable all-star roundtable of Cersei haters/foes convened at Dragonstone. 

ahh, but Cersei outplayed them mightily, and, as i stated above, has a checkmate on the diminutive Momma of Dragons and co.

but - it can't, and won't, last. 

i expect major shenanigans against my beloved Queen this evening, starting with Drogon torching Euron's fleet at Casterly Rock.  

now, we know Dany is forbidden to go on said journey ... so, i think Jorah makes it to Dragonstone, and assumes 'Hand of the Queen' because the only other person who ever had interaction with the dragons was Tyrion (in the catacomb at Meereen, with Varys) ... who better than the Imp to take down that dreaded monument to the family he's grown to despise? he will pilot the Beast. 

will stick it right up Cersei's lovely behind, eh? and i believe Euron will be toast (literally) ... even if he does survive, Jamie is gonna see him offed.  

longshot is Snow assuming the Dragon ride ... the ******* brother of Dany, methinks.  the flashback scene where Bran saw Lyanna and Ned - where Ned took the baby boy, and what Lyanna whispered in her dying wish, has me convinced that Snow is the Mad King's offspring. BANK. 

and, for the love of all friggin' things holy - CAN WE LET DAVOS DESTROY THAT MISERABLE RED #### ALREADY!!?!?11?!?

man, i was thisclose to   :cry:  when he found the charred remnants of the horse he carved for Shireen at the stake - that poor, sweet, adorable kid  :(

AVENGE HER, DAVOS!

that's what i most look forward to happening.  however the Game plays out is cool, because the pieces and plots are so fascinating - want Cersei to emerge, of course ... but really want Milasandre to go out in a BIG WAY. 

like, tonight.  

please. 

Weird.  So the real episode is only 45, or that was the amount of leaked footage? 
episodes clock in at 55 mins. on my Kodi ... make allowances for the grandiose opening fanfare, and for the closing credits ...  that just may lop 10 minutes off the actual meat of the story  :shrug:

episodes clock in at 55 mins. on my Kodi ... make allowances for the grandiose opening fanfare, and for the closing credits ...  that just may lop 10 minutes off the actual meat of the story  :shrug:
Gotcha.  Just thought the last few on my dvr said 1:05 time, and thought the episodes for these seasons were supposed to be slightly longer than last year's. 

Mario is not lying, the episode is about 47 minutes long. Not to long ago when I was reading about this seasons episode lengths they did say one episode was just under 50 minutes long.
Cool.  I was not saying that he was lying, it was just a combo of:

- since I figure with the hype it's a big battle coming, that took up the 45 mins of the hour, and that's what he was referring to.

- I don't know how these pirated shows work, so thought maybe the whole thing didn't leak.

- I was confused b/c I thought at the start of the year they said it was fewer episodes, but they were slightly longer. 

:shrug:

Douchebags that watched the episode already hinting around whats going to happen gotta ##### I guess, I'm out until tomorrow.

Douchebags that watched the episode already hinting around whats going to happen gotta ##### I guess, I'm out until tomorrow.
It will be like this all season with episodes and scripts leaking. 

Kinda funny this was the thread where people got their panties in a wad about any book or outside knowledge. 

It will be like this all season with episodes and scripts leaking. 

Kinda funny this was the thread where people got their panties in a wad about any book or outside knowledge. 
I know right? Love reading and posting in this thread but with all the hacks that have occurred have to be real careful about this thread now.

didja ever think that folk with knowledge about tonight's episode might just be chucking out misinformation just to fudge with us?

still dooooooshy, but a tad more clever. 

:popcorn:

didja ever think that folk with knowledge about tonight's episode might just be chucking out misinformation just to fudge with us?

still dooooooshy, but a tad more clever. 

:popcorn:
I haven't seen or read anything about tonight. With all the talk of people are going to like it, not hard to put 2 and 2 together and say Dani and her dragons are going to kick some ###.

Users who are viewing this thread