What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (8 Viewers)

This episode and much of this season I felt like I was watching a cross between a superbowl commercial and Days of Our Lives.

1. As soon as Sansa said she was out, other kingdoms would have followed. 

2. Bran’s whole thing is “I don’t care”. He does NOTHING to help with any of these battles despite having all this power. All of a sudden, power is up for grabs and he is, “Why do you think I came?”

3. Transition from Danys death to the council was very poorly done. Greyworm and the Dothraki would have gone scorched earth as soon as they found out she was dead.  Especially the Dothraki. 

4. I can’t see Tyrion nominating Bran over Job Snow. Based on what?  Stories?!  LOL. Because Bran has shown him a lot to make Tyrion believe he would be a good ruler?! One scene with the talk between them earlier this season could have lead to this. But they botched it. 

I don’t have a problem with the ending they were given. They just really, really didn’t get there in a way that made sense. Which is a shame for this great story. 

There are some really great parallels all the way back to the beginning of the show. 

Cersei and jamie throw mean from the tower to keep their family's claim to the throne.

Bran survives and takes the throne.  Cersei and jamie die when a tower falls on them. 

When jamie lannister killed the mad king, ned stark could have climbed the steps and taken the throne for himself. 

The mad queen died just steps away from the throne. Brandon stark ascends without asking for it. 

I don’t have a problem with the ending they were given. They just really, really didn’t get there in a way that made sense. Which is a shame for this great story. 
I let loose all my opinions last week. I think, for me, it may have just been the stages of grief after realizing tonight was the end of the line. This was closure and I am sitting here with a big grin on my face. 10000% satisfied.

I liked it...my thoughts

1) John was rightful heir...his ending seems off

2) Where did all of those troops come from?

3) Dany isn't going to make herself susceptible to an assassination

4) Sansa kinda sucks...there is nothing redeeming about her appointment as Queen of the North

5) Arya's ending was perfect

6) I liked the ending of the Tyrion at the table with the Kings whatever....

7) Brianne gets a bit too much run...she's a knight...go do knight things.

8 - they pulled off the Bran as King better than I thought they could...still feels like it should Jon

Last edited by a moderator:
Jon going back to the true north was nice.  Tormund and ygritte knew that is where he belonged.  And he could never be king after murdering her for murdering people.  It was a good ending for him. 

But it's a bit troubling in another sense. Why all the r plus l equals j stuff if it only served to create tension between him and dany in the end? 

Also Jon was stabbed to death by people who believed they were doing what was right for the nights watch

Jon stabbed dany to death because he believed he was doing what was right... 

Given all the #### Sansa went through, her getting that ending felt really good. 

I am disappointed with how they ended Daenerys' story.  I was fine with the turn last week, but acting all lovey dovey with Jon again and letting her guard down like that was a poorly written death scene for her.  Her arc deserved a better ending. 

Well, it looks like I’m on the other side of this one.  I liked it.  Thought they did a good job with the episode.  

Thought Before the ep that bran being king would be totally ridic, but it worked for me.  

Drogon torching the throne sweet

absolute masterclass by Dinklage this ep.  just give him the Emmy.  
Ditto

So I’m not the only one who doesn’t know where Arya went. It’s not like hag or bfred is going to come in and say remember in episode 8 of season 3 when.........

If the dragon flew away with Dani’s body, how did everyone know that she died and that Jon killed her?
They don't...

...which is exactly the way Arthur went into Avalon. 

No one knows if she is alive or dead.

Guys/gals - sorry if I seem a pointed nail tonight, but after this finale, I can keep the tropes from flowing.

I get it, but two twists I’d have rather seen:

1. Bye bye Iron Throne - the dragon torching it was the perfect opportunity to say, “the hell with it, the seven kingdoms become an alliance of seven with no one ruler.”

2. The Night Queen - When Drogon carried off Dany, it’d have been an interesting final twist to end the series with her rebirth as the Night Queen. Jon Snow up north to still protect men from her and Bran seeing it all.

But it's a bit troubling in another sense. Why all the r plus l equals j stuff if it only served to create tension between him and dany in the end? 

Also Jon was stabbed to death by people who believed they were doing what was right for the nights watch

Jon stabbed dany to death because he believed he was doing what was right... 
Good points, but it's been clear we were going this direction the whole season IMO

Catching up now. It makes sense given the  themes. It’s very anti right and anti left. Heavy handed in its conclusion of it all tho

There are some really great parallels all the way back to the beginning of the show. 

Cersei and jamie throw mean from the tower to keep their family's claim to the throne.

Bran survives and takes the throne.  Cersei and jamie die when a tower falls on them. 

When jamie lannister killed the mad king, ned stark could have climbed the steps and taken the throne for himself. 

The mad queen died just steps away from the throne. Brandon stark ascends without asking for it. 
Arya said the first season had to be watched again......

Couple of issues:

Not a huge fan of the North becoming independent. Kind of feels a little counterproductive.  With The Iron Islands still pissed over Dany being killed and Dorne being Dorne....can't imagine it will be much of Seven Kingdoms in a few years after the King  decided to let only his ancestral lands leave.

If Grey Worm is leaving...why should they give a ####  about his say in what happens to Jon.  Actually think they dropped the ball a little in this regard and it would have been a bit more powerful if a free Jon, turns down his rightfull claim AGAIN.... and decides to go to the True North....instead of being forced to.

Felt both a combination of being rushed and boring with them hitting all the marks they needed to with the individual characters.  Last episodes of the season for HBO are usually that though.

That being said, I'm satisfied (maybe not with Sansa/North as they could have just made her Warden of the North....and that might have been a good moment if Bran told her "No" the North can't leave").  I'm sure the books (if ever done) will fill in all of the gaps that people will complain about.  

My only complaint, last week and tonight, no one, not a single soldier is guarding the queen? 

Arya and Hound were able to walk right into the castle. And tonight there were more guards watching the prisoner then guarding the throne room leaving the new queen completely alone.  

/rant

So I’m not the only one who doesn’t know where Arya went. It’s not like hag or bfred is going to come in and say remember in episode 8 of season 3 when.........
She talked about going West of Westeros when she was with the actress in Bravos. It's the only ending that made any sense for her. 

Users who are viewing this thread