What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL Danny Amendola Injury and News Thread (2 Viewers)

Good thing my backup option is Hartline. Love when the stars align and your insurance plan for a Sunday night game is a guy going on Monday night.

Also good in the sense that if I need a huge stat line after the Sunday day games, I can roll Amendola out there. If I'm doing fine, just don't risk it and roll with Hartline.

Can't say I'm thrilled about this though...really hope the Pats aren't doing something that could jeopardize his season, but I just don't see the Pats taking that kind of risk. They can win without him, but they'll want him come crunch time.
I am jealous, I have to pick between him Broyles

Rotoworld:

ESPN Boston believes Danny Amendola (groin) has a "good chance" of playing in Week 5.
Ace reporter Mike Reiss isn't citing sources here. He's likely just going off his own observations and gut feeling, so we wouldn't pen Amendola into fantasy lineups just yet. The good news is that the Patriots face the Bengals in a 1pm ET game on Sunday, so we'll know Amendola's status by noon. If he's active, he projects as an immediate target monster and WR2.

Source: ESPN Boston

jah77 said:
Danny Amendola (groin) is practicing Wednesday.

Per ESPN Boston, Amendola "seems to be moving well." The Patriots aren't going to give us any clues on Week 5 availability, but most signs are pointing in the right direction. Owners will just have be sure they're able to set lineups Sunday morning. The Patriots will reveal Amendola's official status around 11:30am ET.
"seems to be moving well"

sounds a lot better than any other report in the last few weeks
Patriots Wednesday Live just wrapped up on Comcast or NESN or whatever network it is.

Only tidbit I saw:

They indicated he was not a full participant in practice. "Stretches and long-strides"

Then there's this:

Mike Reiss@MikeReiss24m
Danny Amendola: "So far so good this week. I feel good. ... I felt good today. I'll know more tomorrow and we'll go from there."

He'll definitely start this week. I traded him away in a multi player deal that got me Edelman back. So naturally, Amendola will be fine for the rest of the year while Edelman is back to the bench.

He'll definitely start this week. I traded him away in a multi player deal that got me Edelman back. So naturally, Amendola will be fine for the rest of the year while Edelman is back to the bench.
I know. That is what usually happens to me. I have Edelman in one league and Amendola in another one. I still think Amendola returns next week at home against the Saints. Another week of low end WR2 numbers for Edelman.

I'd like for him to suit up, for Brady's sake. The one league I own him in, there's no way I'd touch him yet (and luckily have an embarrassment of riches at the position) but I find it interesting that the expert consensus seems to be that he's a "must start" if active. The mere process of inserting Amendola into my line-up would cause great anxiety, but actually having to watch him try and survive his return back to game action? No thanks.

FBG really whiffed on Amendola. Why they assumed he would be healthy goes against all history.
Assuming someone will be unhealthy based on a history of freak injuries - seems like a totally logical thing to do.
Matthew Berry said to expect 10 games.

I'll take Berrys correct illogical assumption over the FBG swing and whiff all day and twice of fantasy day.
He also said Sudfeld would be a top 5 TE this season, and that Mathews would be the RB1 last season, and that Vick would be the QB1 the season before - the guy isn't just illogical, he's a moron.

Last edited by a moderator:
FBG really whiffed on Amendola. Why they assumed he would be healthy goes against all history.
Assuming someone will be unhealthy based on a history of freak injuries - seems like a totally logical thing to do.
Matthew Berry said to expect 10 games.I'll take Berrys correct illogical assumption over the FBG swing and whiff all day and twice of fantasy day.
He also said Sudfeld would be a top 5 TE this season, and that Mathews would be the RB1 last season, and that Vick would be the QB1 the season before - the guy isn't just illogical, he's a moron.
dont feed the troll

I read the groin came off the bone and Glass man refused surgery because of some stupid performance clauses in his contract. Big mistake. Bigger mistake to come back when not fully healed.

Meanwhile, Welker has six TDs in four games in Denver. :popcorn:

I read the groin came off the bone and Glass man refused surgery because of some stupid performance clauses in his contract. Big mistake. Bigger mistake to come back when not fully healed.

Meanwhile, Welker has six TDs in four games in Denver. :popcorn:
I cringed.

I think this may be a game where they need him and brady may lean on him like in the 1st game. When he is playing he will be a wr1/wr2. Imo he is a must start if active.

Eta assuming he plays the whole game. Which is worth the risk to me

I hate to sound like a sour Amendola owner--but today's news is the worst thing that can happen for me. I picked up edelman to back amendola up when he first got injured--and now I'm in a tough spot because 2 of my other wr's are on bye. I'm stuck deciding to start either amendola/edelman along with bowe and royal--or I have to start both edelman and amendola and one of those two other guys. Having to make decisions like this make me regret drafting amendola to begin with. uggh.

I hate to sound like a sour Amendola owner--but today's news is the worst thing that can happen for me. I picked up edelman to back amendola up when he first got injured--and now I'm in a tough spot because 2 of my other wr's are on bye. I'm stuck deciding to start either amendola/edelman along with bowe and royal--or I have to start both edelman and amendola and one of those two other guys. Having to make decisions like this make me regret drafting amendola to begin with. uggh.
If you must choose between them, I think you have to keep starting Edelman until Amendola proves he's all the way back. And even then, I'm not convinced that Edelman's playing time will decrease drastically.

are the only posts you make about how FBG missed on players??? to be fair you should be posting on all the players that they were correct about too in the appropriate threads

I have the Pat duo in a league and I think you could not be more off base to consider this bad news. I'd encourage you to review week one. This is not a difficult call. If you have Amendola and Edelman you start them both and consider yourself luck you get to remove a guy like Royal or Bowe.

I have the Pat duo in a league and I think you could not be more off base to consider this bad news. I'd encourage you to review week one. This is not a difficult call. If you have Amendola and Edelman you start them both and consider yourself luck you get to remove a guy like Royal or Bowe.
While I agree with you for now - I see a steep decline in production for Edelman when both Amendola and Gronk are back and possibly steep enough to consider sitting him with just Amendola back.

amendola travels with the team --- get him in your line-up NOW!!! HURRY BEFORE TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!

btw, this is hilarious

I was thinking the same thing--but I also didn't want my concern to seem like a reach that should have been in the assistant coach forum--but I have to say that if Amendola plays this week--my confidence level on his productivity is basically at a zero. If he comes back and is basically hobbled--similar to that of how a roddy white has been--I actually would much rather play a guy like royal or bowe over him. The thing that I regret about drafting Amendola is in regards to two areas--first I don't trust his health much at all--and second---I don't trust the pats as an organization when it comes to the disclosure of injuries on their players. I feel like if i start amendola--and he gets a 0--that I will kick myself knowing that I fully should have seen it coming. But like you said--maybe I'm over-thinking it.

While I agree with you for now - I see a steep decline in production for Edelman when both Amendola and Gronk are back and possibly steep enough to consider sitting him with just Amendola back.
I don't get the bolded part. I really don't. In week one they were both heavily utilized and that's when they had a stable of health RB's including one who got 10 targets. This week they've got one fully healthy RB and he's not much of a pass catcher. So I don't get the concern with Amendola returning.

Now when Gronk returns I have no idea but that does not look to be happening this week. For sure I don't see Edelman continuing his catch pace when both guys are back but I think he's still going to be in the majority of 3 WR sets and you can't underestimate that he and Gronk are only two guys Brady has past history with. I'm curious myself to see exactly how much the return of both Gronk and Amendola impact Edelman but I don't think it's a concern this week assuming Gronk is out.

I don't get the bolded part. I really don't. In week one they were both heavily utilized and that's when they had a stable of health RB's including one who got 10 targets. This week they've got one fully healthy RB and he's not much of a pass catcher. So I don't get the concern with Amendola returning.

Now when Gronk returns I have no idea but that does not look to be happening this week. For sure I don't see Edelman continuing his catch pace when both guys are back but I think he's still going to be in the majority of 3 WR sets and you can't underestimate that he and Gronk are only two guys Brady has past history with. I'm curious myself to see exactly how much the return of both Gronk and Amendola impact Edelman but I don't think it's a concern this week assuming Gronk is out.
They were both heavily utilized because half way through the game one of them wasn't playing. They shared the field sure but in week 1 Boyce was inactive and Dobson was injured - if you'll remember, Thompkins also got a heavier workload week 1 due to reduced options, he had something like 15+ targets. They didn't start Edelman in week 1 because they wanted to. We've already seen what Edelman can do after the catch before this year and including this year (not much.) If Danny is anywhere near 100% you won't even be able to count on the Edelman targets. With the steady improvements the rookies have been making its only a matter of time before Edelman falls back into obscurity.

Agree with all the folks saying a healthy Amendola makes Edelman not a whole lot more than insurance for the next injury. When both Gronk and Amendola are back how many snaps will Edelmen even see in a game.

Agree with all the folks saying a healthy Amendola makes Edelman not a whole lot more than insurance for the next injury. When both Gronk and Amendola are back how many snaps will Edelmen even see in a game.
Not be a dope but I totally disagree with this...both Brady and BB trust him and he is a big part of their offense...right now Edelman is doing his damage with defenses focusing on him...once Gronk and Amendola are back he will have more breathing room...look for his receptions to go down a bit but expect more big plays...he will continuing being a quality fantasy starter...if other owners are going to discount him with Gronk and Amendola coming back now is the time to go after him because you maybe able to get him at a low price...

They were both heavily utilized because half way through the game one of them wasn't playing. They shared the field sure but in week 1 Boyce was inactive and Dobson was injured - if you'll remember, Thompkins also got a heavier workload week 1 due to reduced options, he had something like 15+ targets. They didn't start Edelman in week 1 because they wanted to. We've already seen what Edelman can do after the catch before this year and including this year (not much.) If Danny is anywhere near 100% you won't even be able to count on the Edelman targets. With the steady improvements the rookies have been making its only a matter of time before Edelman falls back into obscurity.
Amendola was in and out of game one, he was not done playing half way through the game. Dobson is banged up again and Boyce is below all of them in the pecking order. And like I said Vereen and his 10 targets are gone and they've got one healthy RB. And Gronks out this week. With or without Amendola, Edelman is a strong play this week. Maybe even stronger with Amendola since Edelman has started to get double teamed.

I think you are off base wildly to assume the team is starting or playing Edelman when they would rather not. This is the same guy who last year got more snaps in week 2 than Welker and that was continuing all the way up till near halftime of week 3 when Edelman broke his foot. They like Edelman a great deal,he's just never able to stay healthy for long. He won't fall back into obscurity this year, not while he's healthy.

Not be a dope but I totally disagree with this...both Brady and BB trust him and he is a big part of their offense...right now Edelman is doing his damage with defenses focusing on him...once Gronk and Amendola are back he will have more breathing room...look for his receptions to go down a bit but expect more big plays...he will continuing being a quality fantasy starter...
Exactly. As long as he's healthy which to be honest I sort of view as a week to week thing.

Should re-title this thread 'Official Danny Amendola Injury Thread; And people that haven't watched Edelman his entire career as well as their thoughts and opinions of his fantasy relevance based on 2 games of above average production in an offense with no healthy competition.'

Its a doozy I know.

Amendola was in and out of game one, he was not done playing half way through the game.
:goodposting:

For some reason, Run It Up keeps insisting that Edelman got snaps because Amendola got hurt "halfway through the game." The snap counts don't lie. Edelman had 81 offensive snaps in week 1. Amendola had 56 offensive snaps in week 1. Tell me how Amendola getting hurt had anything to do with anything.

Not be a dope but I totally disagree with this...both Brady and BB trust him and he is a big part of their offense...right now Edelman is doing his damage with defenses focusing on him...once Gronk and Amendola are back he will have more breathing room...look for his receptions to go down a bit but expect more big plays...he will continuing being a quality fantasy starter...
Exactly. As long as he's healthy which to be honest I sort of view as a week to week thing.
The kid can play...he also hasn't proved he can play a full season...I have zero doubt that if he stays on-the-field he will produce quality numbers...the question with Edelman is not talent it is durability...he was poised to break-out last year but he went down...hopefully that doesn't happen again...

Amendola was in and out of game one, he was not done playing half way through the game.
:goodposting:

For some reason, Run It Up keeps insisting that Edelman got snaps because Amendola got hurt "halfway through the game." The snap counts don't lie. Edelman had 81 offensive snaps in week 1. Amendola had 56 offensive snaps in week 1. Tell me how Amendola getting hurt had anything to do with anything.
It might be because they either can't read or have misread what I wrote. When they shared the field, which was pretty much the whole game (when Amendola was on the field), Edelman contributed little to the offense, as I said he started because in week 1, he was their 3rd healthy WR. When Danny went down, Edelmans production shot up, Vereen and Thompkins also received like a 2000% increases in targets and as soon as Amendola returned later in the game he was back to being the go to guy.

I would love to hear how you guys think Edelman will contribute to the offense when Amendola is back. Lacking any exceptional ability or skill, is functioning right now in the capacity of a safety valve and thats literally it. He contributes absolutely nothing after the catch and never has.

I would love to hear how you guys think Edelman will contribute to the offense when Amendola is back.
I stated in one of the other threads about this that NE would be silly not to utilize a base package of your five lineman and Brady (of course) and then one back, Gronk, Amendola, Edelman and Thompkins. Given Brady's accuracy and the assumption that the young guys are really starting to get it, this could be a beast of an offense to contain. Everyone's numbers are going to suffer with so many options, but it is what it is.

If you must choose between them, I think you have to keep starting Edelman until Amendola proves he's all the way back. And even then, I'm not convinced that Edelman's playing time will decrease drastically.
Snap Percentage

Danny Amendola - 62% (injury) - DNP - DNP - DNP

Julian Edelman - 89% - 97% - 89% - 97%

Kenbrell Thompkins - 96% - 83% - 91% - 86%

Aaron Dobson - DNP - 51% - 72% - 38% (injury)

The sample size is tiny but it agrees with you none the less. Then again, Dobson didn't see a snap week 1 either. This is obviously going to be one of the more fluid receiving situations all year.

And when Vereen gets back as yet another receiving option... Good Lord. :eek:
That's the big hope for this team. They haven't just stayed afloat, they're undefeated through the first four weeks, and the bleak situation finally starts to improve. The rookies have been getting experience. Week 5, Amendola returns. Week 6, hopefully Gronk returns. Week 10, they go on bye. Week 11, Vereen is eligible to return against the Panthers. Week 12, they face Manning and the Broncos. If everything plays out according to plan, they'll be as close to full strength for that game as any team that unexpectedly lost Hernandez and Wilfork could be.At that point, the offense will be close to, but still not quite, what the Patriots had hoped it would be before the Hernandez situation unfolded. And they'll face what may end up being a murderer's row of possible AFC opponents - the Broncos, Texans, Browns, Dolphins and Ravens. If the Browns and Dolphins continue their resurgence, and the Texans and Ravens can be what they were supposed to be headed into the season, all of them could be in playoff contention headed down to the end. Could be some very interesting games and certainly a good tuneup for the Patriots if they're going to make some postseason noise again.

I have amendola and edelman. TThinkng about rolling both this week. Think edelman would be better than cecil and roddy this week

I have amendola and edelman. TThinkng about rolling both this week. Think edelman would be better than cecil and roddy this week
Yes.

Full disclosure, I'm starting Amendola, Thompkins and Edelman this week (Thompkins and Edelman on the same team).

I'm just of the opinion that if Danny plays well we could see little of Edelman as early as this game.

looks to me like neither Dobson or Thompkins are shoe-ins to play.

Amendola has to show me something before I put him back in.
Thompkins is fine, Dobson came out of last weeks game pretty bad, shoulder and neck injury. If Dobson plays I expect him to be limited but I see Thompkins as full go.

Users who are viewing this thread