What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Arian Foster - All Foster news, all the time (2 Viewers)

Losing him this sucks, but I'll be plugging in ODB in his place. Certainly not the same production but I'd rather he take another week and get right for the playoffs. Honestly, take another two weeks. Just be healthy for weeks 14-16. Please.

Losing him this sucks, but I'll be plugging in ODB in his place. Certainly not the same production but I'd rather he take another week and get right for the playoffs. Honestly, take another two weeks. Just be healthy for weeks 14-16. Please.
Hard to feel bad for someone that can plug in ODB in his place when I passed on starting Miller so I'm stuck with Gray or Tate. :X

SameSongNDance said:
gradin123 said:
SameSongNDance said:
gradin123 said:
Definitely trending in the wrong direction. Injury may be more serious than they are letting on.

Sounds like he missed practice again, given they are coming off the bye it is concerning and this could even be a mulitple week thing.
Nah, if it were more serious he would have been re-scheduled for a MRI at some point. The fact that he didn't need it originally speaks volumes. Even relatively mild soft tissue injuries can linger, though.

What do you think now?

Seems like Foster really wasn't even close to playing this week.

We heard a report Foster did not have a MRI. We do not know if that is true. O'Brien is clearly trying to hide the true severity of the injury here.
That it's somewhere in between a grade 1 and 3 sprain. He wasn't able to shake it off in a week but I also don't believe he tore the muscle off of the bone like Ball/Fjax.
Remember the report that he didn't have an MRI came from Ian Rapoport who has to be the least hooked in "NFL expert". He was the same guy who reported Gio Bernard was going to be "OK" when every other reporter was reporting Gio would probably be out.

At this point no info coming from Ian should be taken as reliable.Arian probably has had an MRI.

Yeah, he was also incorrect on Jimmy Graham, he's been all around pretty ####ty this year. Let's say he did have the MRI though, do you think O'Brien is withholding the info that Foster is slated to miss a month+ with a high grade groin tear? I suppose it's possible but I feel like it's more plausible that he's just slowly coming back from a less serious injury
well, next week will be 3 weeks since the injury and if he misses that it will be 4 weeks. so its pretty much gonna be around a month of recovery time. id say hes at best 5050 to play next week.

and for the haters, it turns out i was indeed quite incorrect about his odds of missing this week. 65% chance to sit was obv way too low and it shoulda been around 85. still hoping for 5050 for next week but im an optimist.

Last edited by a moderator:
id say hes at best 5050 to play next week.

and for the haters, it turns out i was indeed quite incorrect about his odds of missing this week. 65% chance to sit was obv way too low and it shoulda been around 85. still hoping for 5050 for next week but im an optimist.
Can I go out on a limb and say that you don't use much statistics in your line of work?

id say hes at best 5050 to play next week.

Can I go out on a limb and say that you don't use much statistics in your line of work?
we can bet on next week if youd like?

SameSongNDance said:
gradin123 said:
SameSongNDance said:
gradin123 said:
Definitely trending in the wrong direction. Injury may be more serious than they are letting on.

Sounds like he missed practice again, given they are coming off the bye it is concerning and this could even be a mulitple week thing.
Nah, if it were more serious he would have been re-scheduled for a MRI at some point. The fact that he didn't need it originally speaks volumes. Even relatively mild soft tissue injuries can linger, though.

What do you think now?

Seems like Foster really wasn't even close to playing this week.

We heard a report Foster did not have a MRI. We do not know if that is true. O'Brien is clearly trying to hide the true severity of the injury here.
That it's somewhere in between a grade 1 and 3 sprain. He wasn't able to shake it off in a week but I also don't believe he tore the muscle off of the bone like Ball/Fjax.
Remember the report that he didn't have an MRI came from Ian Rapoport who has to be the least hooked in "NFL expert". He was the same guy who reported Gio Bernard was going to be "OK" when every other reporter was reporting Gio would probably be out.

At this point no info coming from Ian should be taken as reliable.Arian probably has had an MRI.

Yeah, he was also incorrect on Jimmy Graham, he's been all around pretty ####ty this year. Let's say he did have the MRI though, do you think O'Brien is withholding the info that Foster is slated to miss a month+ with a high grade groin tear? I suppose it's possible but I feel like it's more plausible that he's just slowly coming back from a less serious injury
well, next week will be 3 weeks since the injury and if he misses that it will be 4 weeks. so its pretty much gonna be around a month of recovery time. id say hes at best 5050 to play next week.

should've been 100

Blue sucks. He ain't winning any titles.
The most carries he's had in a game this year is 14. He's a pounder who needs to get lathered up. The Brownies are a good matchup.
Really? His limited usage at LSU would suggest he's rarely been "lathered up", if ever...
Lathered up.

More for us. :shrug:
If you like 15/35/0 lines, then be my guest.
Pretty close.

He had a good game, 4.3 YPC. Doesn't get the luxury of a buoyed floor in PPR but you have to be happy with him as a Foster cuff.
Happy with the outcome as all my other options are on bye, suspended for switching children, or already played Thursday. And I saw a little more from Blue than I have seen in the past, couple of plays I thought the yards came mainly from his effort. Though I don't think he's a must start every game or replaces Foster's production. The way the O-line dominated the game, I'd have expected more yards from Foster on the same plays.

I'm considering sending an offer of Josh Gordon for Foster. Haven't followed Foster all year as I didn't own him. :blackdot:
if you can fade a few weeks of foster missing time then i would prefer foster. he sounds pretty iffy to play this week but dont tell anyone i said that.

no, but i can remember that he put in a minimal practice and was deactivated for the game 24 hrs early, and the decision was likely made 48 hrs early as thats when the press started reporting it.

that, to me, indicates that he wasnt close to playing and likely needs a bit more time to get healthy.

i know that to the iraqi information ministers itt, it is meaningless, not evidence, not data, not indicative of anything at all. nothing to see here. move along. all is well. all is good.

I'm considering sending an offer of Josh Gordon for Foster. Haven't followed Foster all year as I didn't own him. :blackdot:
if you can fade a few weeks of foster missing time then i would prefer foster. he sounds pretty iffy to play this week but dont tell anyone i said that.
The groin is so touchy though. Foster might not be "FOSTER" again this season. I am in first and probably have a bye week so I wouldn't really need him until Week 15.

The groin is so touchy though. Foster might not be "FOSTER" again this season. I am in first and probably have a bye week so I wouldn't really need him until Week 15.
Mine certainly is.

Arian Foster practiced today but is still "day-to-day", according to Bill O'Brien. #Texans

I'm going to assume limited practice. Still a very good sign since he's totally missed Wednesday practices in previous weeks absent any type of serious injury.

Arian Foster practiced today but is still "day-to-day", according to Bill O'Brien. #Texans

I'm going to assume limited practice. Still a very good sign since he's totally missed Wednesday practices in previous weeks absent any type of serious injury.
It may or may not be a good sign, IMO.

They may have had him "testing" the groin out, to see how it felt, how he responded, how he recovered, etc.

I think whether he is able to practice again tomorrow will be more telling.

Blue is available in my league, worth a shot or is this injury BS and Foster is a go?
run and get Blue, this maybe more then a one week thing
Subscribe
Play your championship game week 11? Crap league.

Call me during the fantasy playoffs...
Theres the nail in the coffin.....nice work.

CBS is reporting that Blue will split carries with Foster even if he plays?

by Larry Hartstein | CBSSports.com
(47 mins ago) Even if Texans running back Arian Foster (groin) plays Sunday against the Bengals, he'll likely share carries with rookie Alfred Blue, reports the Houston Chronicle. Blue ran for 156 yards on 36 carries in Sunday's win in Cleveland.

"From day one, I've really enjoyed watching this guy progress," O'Brien said of Blue. "I have a lot of confidence in the kid."

Blue is available in my league, worth a shot or is this injury BS and Foster is a go?
Subscribe
Play your championship game week 11? Crap league.

Call me during the fantasy playoffs...
Hopefully I will with Foster toting the rock. But for someone who sucks 150 yards is a pretty good day. Helped many of us get a win and closer to clinching a playoff spot.

Subscribe
Play your championship game week 11? Crap league. Call me during the fantasy playoffs...
This response after being dead wrong? :yawn:

Subscribe
Play your championship game week 11? Crap league. Call me during the fantasy playoffs...
One game makes a career now? Timmy Smith? He's been utter garbage until one game against a horrible rush defense. And my comment is that he won't be winning titles. How is that wrong? Or did I sleep through weeks 14-16?

Why is every thread here such a Junior High debate session?

I'm sure the Browns were just going thru the motions in a huge game for them because it wasn't your precious fantasy championship...

JFC, the obvious spirit of your point was that he's not capable of a 155yd game. It's ok to be wrong, it's only fantasy football.

(47 mins ago) Even if Texans running back Arian Foster (groin) plays Sunday against the Bengals, he'll likely share carries with rookie Alfred Blue, reports the Houston Chronicle. Blue ran for 156 yards on 36 carries in Sunday's win in Cleveland.

"From day one, I've really enjoyed watching this guy progress," O'Brien said of Blue. "I have a lot of confidence in the kid."
They may split pretty evenly this week to ease Foster back after his injury. However, O'Brien said the same thing after week 2 and we never saw much of a true split when Foster was healthy.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2199746-texans-plan-to-split-backfield-work-spells-fantasy-trouble-for-arian-foster

*edit*

After reading this again, I realized that this is the opinion of some reporter based on a comment that O'Brien made saying he enjoyed watching Blue. They did something similar in week 4 when Foster returned from his first injury, and Blue was largely ineffective in that game. Foster blew up for several weeks after that taking the vast majority of carries.

Subscribe
Play your championship game week 11? Crap league.Call me during the fantasy playoffs...
One game makes a career now? Timmy Smith? He's been utter garbage until one game against a horrible rush defense. And my comment is that he won't be winning titles. How is that wrong? Or did I sleep through weeks 14-16?
Most of us are trying to get to weeks 14-16. Your juvenile response of "He won't be winning titles response" is pointless as it applies to all but a dozen or so players in the league. Those of us in large leagues typically are looking for band aids on the waiver wire, to be a decent replacement, until a difference maker like Foster comes back. The utter garbage comment is ridiculous as well as he's a rookie behind one of the best backs in the league. Blue did a great job this week for someone who "sucks". He helped me and I assume many others win and if you're not in a "crap" league I assume most that picked him up are fighting for a playoff spot and really needed last week's win.

Subscribe
Blue is an injury concern. But if you know anything at all about him, you know he's immensely talented.

Why is every thread here such a Junior High debate session?

I'm sure the Browns were just going thru the motions in a huge game for them because it wasn't your precious fantasy championship...

JFC, the obvious spirit of your point was that he's not capable of a 155yd game. It's ok to be wrong, it's only fantasy football.
No. It wasn't. Read again. I said he sucks, and will not win you a title. No more, no less. You want to crow about how you were right after one good game in which a team record for rushing attempts was set, be my guest.

Subscribe
Play your championship game week 11? Crap league.Call me during the fantasy playoffs...
Most of us are trying to get to weeks 14-16. Your juvenile response of "He won't be winning titles response" is pointless as it applies to all but a dozen or so players in the league. Those of us in large leagues typically are looking for band aids on the waiver wire, to be a decent replacement, until a difference maker like Foster comes back. The utter garbage comment is ridiculous as well as he's a rookie behind one of the best backs in the league. Blue did a great job this week for someone who "sucks". He helped me and I assume many others win and if you're not in a "crap" league I assume most that picked him up are fighting for a playoff spot and really needed last week's win.
Point taken.

Squintz82 said:
OU#1 said:

They may split pretty evenly this week to ease Foster back after his injury. However, O'Brien said the same thing after week 2 and we never saw much of a true split when Foster was healthy.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2199746-texans-plan-to-split-backfield-work-spells-fantasy-trouble-for-arian-foster

*edit*

After reading this again, I realized that this is the opinion of some reporter based on a comment that O'Brien made saying he enjoyed watching Blue. They did something similar in week 4 when Foster returned from his first injury, and Blue was largely ineffective in that game. Foster blew up for several weeks after that taking the vast majority of carries.
If Foster is healthy enough to play, he gets the ball. The biggest concern would be a reinjury like happened last year (1 point) and screwed a lot of owners.

ya, i cant imagine a healthy foster splitting with blue unless its a blowout, which i dont think the texans will achieve. it would be awfully dumb to toss a less than healthy foster out there to split carries.

Users who are viewing this thread