What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Arian Foster - All Foster news, all the time (1 Viewer)

ROYALWITCHEESE said:
Bills_Fan11 said:
Why is every thread here such a Junior High debate session?

I'm sure the Browns were just going thru the motions in a huge game for them because it wasn't your precious fantasy championship...

JFC, the obvious spirit of your point was that he's not capable of a 155yd game. It's ok to be wrong, it's only fantasy football.
No. It wasn't. Read again. I said he sucks, and will not win you a title. No more, no less. You want to crow about how you were right after one good game in which a team record for rushing attempts was set, be my guest.
I read again, confirmed semantics. You seem to think players think your fantasy playoffs are the most important games in the world.

Any word on today's practice?
Arian Foster (groin) will be a game-time decision for Week 12.
It's the same thing coach Bill O'Brien said last week, though Foster didn't come close to suiting up against the Browns. He appears to have better odds of going in Week 12, but his status still remains murky, at best. Foster will be a top-five RB1 if he goes, but owners can't be counting on it. Keep Alfred Blue on speed dial as a plug-and-play RB2.
Related: Alfred Blue

Source: Brian T. Smith on Twitter
Nov 20 - 4:27 PM

He did not practice today. https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/status/535555085619580928

Looks to be trending in wrong direction again. Seems unlikely he'll play.

“It’s something that we’re going to have to see right up until game time,” O’Brien said. “No setback. Just it really is, from one day to the next, just see how he’s doing and I’m sure we’ll have to make a decision on game day. It’s just something that we’ve got to wait it out and see if it gets better.”

He did not practice today. https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/status/535555085619580928

“It’s something that we’re going to have to see right up until game time,” O’Brien said. “No setback. Just it really is, from one day to the next, just see how he’s doing and I’m sure we’ll have to make a decision on game day. It’s just something that we’ve got to wait it out and see if it gets better.”
Veteran day of rest. Foster doesn't need to practice a lot to suit up.

But he was limited yesterday, so something must have not been right.

I'm leaning this way myself. Seems like the most likely reason to hold him out today would be because it didn't feel right. If that's the case, you'd think they'd hold him out another week.

Its something that were going to have to see right up until game time, OBrien said. No setback. Just it really is, from one day to the next, just see how hes doing and Im sure well have to make a decision on game day. Its just something that weve got to wait it out and see if it gets better.
I'm leaning this way myself. Seems like the most likely reason to hold him out today would be because it didn't feel right. If that's the case, you'd think they'd hold him out another week.
There is a video on the Texans website of Wednesday practice. He looked gimpy with a noticeable twitch to his gait. I hope they hold him out and let him get right.

Would be great if he plays this week. Need him bad. We all probably do. Will clinch #2 playoff seed and a week 14 BYE with a win this week. Have nothing behind him. But hey. If he is healthy enough he will play. If not, he won't. Fantasy playoffs are where we want him in great health.

The last part of O'Brien's quote is telling.

"It’s just something that we’ve got to wait it out and see if it gets better."

It suggests it is not good enough right now and that this isn't simply a rest day.

Per Jamey Eisenberg twitter:

@JameyEisenberg: We just had @JasonLaCanfora say on our show "it's not looking good" for Arian Foster again this week.

Puke.

Per Jamey Eisenberg twitter:

@JameyEisenberg: We just had @JasonLaCanfora say on our show "it's not looking good" for Arian Foster again this week.

Puke.
I would rather have one or the other, but not both active and Arian gimpy or out after the first series because his groin locks up in the cold. Happy to ride Blue again with his monster workload against a suspect run D. Get healthy Arian.

Those soft tissue injuries are tough; even when they come back they can tweak it at any point ... the schedule is close to perfect ... cin/ten/jax/ind ... all green matchups. Guess Blue will have to keep it up ... could be starting in all 4 of these sweet matchups and we saw in CLE he can handle the bottom tier rush defenses pretty handily.

This is perfect for me, I have Foster but already have the #1 seed and a week 14 bye locked up. Would rather he sit until week 15 if he needs it.

Guy trys to practice on Wed, and does not practice Thu or Fri? I'd say the chances of him playing are closer to 1%.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is perfect for me, I have Foster but already have the #1 seed and a week 14 bye locked up. Would rather he sit until week 15 if he needs it.
I'm with you on that but its only ok if he is actually fully healed this year. Never know. He may come back week 15 and give us 2 quick points then rip his crotch again. That would be killer.

Groin injuries are tough. If we take the velocity at which he threw his helmet after the injury, it's a bad one...haha j/k

I'll echo most sentiments here. I'd rather have him miss the next two weeks if it means he's back to 100% for playoffs. I'm already mathematically on the playoffs so I can afford to lose some production this week and next

I think most people felt the same way. If he had fallen much farther, I would've taken him. I think I had pick 30.

I think most people felt the same way. If he had fallen much farther, I would've taken him. I think I had pick 30.
He's the #1 RB in PPG and it's not out of the question that he puts up big numbers week 14-16. If he plays well those weeks there's not an owner out there who will have regretted drafting him.

Took him at 6.2, so far not disappointed but if ends up being a dud in the playoffs will be a wasted pick
Sure, but that can be said about anyone that's picked and gets injured. Or, think about the guys who drafted Peterson, McCoy, Spiller, etc...

That's FF - you're basically rolling the die with RBs especially since they take such a pounding during the season.

MaxThreshold said:
wilked said:
Took him at 6.2, so far not disappointed but if ends up being a dud in the playoffs will be a wasted pick
Sure, but that can be said about anyone that's picked and gets injured. Or, think about the guys who drafted Peterson, McCoy, Spiller, etc...

That's FF - you're basically rolling the die with RBs especially since they take such a pounding during the season.
Doug Martin :topcat:

traded forte for doug martin in a dynasty league before season lol thought I did good... DIDN'T TURN OUT so u never know

I passed on him. He was going to get hurt. We all knew it inside. If you didn't stash Blue, game over.

I picked him up off waivers after our draft. He was a good plug and play. I don't regret using one of my 30 FA moves on him even if he doesn't make it back.

I passed on him. He was going to get hurt. We all knew it inside. If you didn't stash Blue, game over.
I did get Blue, but even if not, having my 3rd round pick go down wouldn't be the end of the world. Heck, the top team in one league picked Martin in the 3rd.

Has this thread really devolved into a bunch of scrubs boasting about passing on the highest scoring RB on a PPG this year in the 3rd round? :lol:

Yeah, he was high/risk reward so there was extra incentive to roster Blue but assuming you did you're fine.

Users who are viewing this thread