What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Arian Foster - All Foster news, all the time (3 Viewers)

Look at the texans' remaining schedule. They have the bills, phins and jets once a piece and then nothing. Cream pie schedule. I like his chances to put up big numbers
Foster has always played well against the "tough" defenses. He has always been matchup-proof by and large.

How about his participation in practice? Do we know if he is participating in contact drills at all?

...nevermind, where is that number for the Texans? I'll just call them directly.....lol

How about his participation in practice? Do we know if he is participating in contact drills at all?

...nevermind, where is that number for the Texans? I'll just call them directly.....lol
They said he would need to practice for a few weeks before returning and he did practice somewhat last week. So I guess we could reasonably think he plays this week, especially since this team needs a win and could get one this week.

Just the way the season is unfolding, I have to think he returns by next week at the latest. Them going into the COlts at 2-2 could possibly be for the division lead if they can get there.

ugh..that sux...we have a double header this weekend (one time per year) and was hoping to pop him in my lineup this weekend.

The target should be week 5 IMO. If he plays week 4, he only has 4 days to recover before Thursday night game in week 5. If he starts week 5, then he gets extended rest since it's a Thursday night before the next game 10 days later

The target should be week 5 IMO. If he plays week 4, he only has 4 days to recover before Thursday night game in week 5. If he starts week 5, then he gets extended rest since it's a Thursday night before the next game 10 days later
Yeah that has to be the plan then now.

Only thing wrong with that plan is the Texans need a win and they ain't getting one until Foster is back in there. Plus, with the Colts struggling, if the Texans can get these next two, there's a good chance that Week 5 game is for the division lead.

It's going to be really hard to justify 0-4 to fans with the backup documentation to that being "Foster has practiced for a month". You see guys get little or no practice and play when teams need them. What are they waiting for? If they start 0-5, nobody outside of FF cares.

Only thing wrong with that plan is the Texans need a win and they ain't getting one until Foster is back in there. Plus, with the Colts struggling, if the Texans can get these next two, there's a good chance that Week 5 game is for the division lead.

It's going to be really hard to justify 0-4 to fans with the backup documentation to that being "Foster has practiced for a month". You see guys get little or no practice and play when teams need them. What are they waiting for? If they start 0-5, nobody outside of FF cares.
Guess we need them to win this week then to see if he's playing Week 4 or 5

Playing Week 4 on a pitch count and then Week 5 full go is possible.

Guess we need them to win this week then to see if he's playing Week 4 or 5

Playing Week 4 on a pitch count and then Week 5 full go is possible.
Yeah, a win this week would go a LONG way. They really need it to avoid a lost season pretty quickly.

I know the Bucs aren't awesome but I simply have ZERO faith in that run game without Foster. Their defense can keep them in it and Nuk and Mallet can get a thing or two done but for them to show up and play, they NEED FOster.

And I know it's subjective and whatnot but I think there is a HUGE difference if the Colts meet the Texans and both are 2-2 vs. if the Colts are 2-2 and the Texans are 0-4. I think the pressure will effect the COlts more than the Texans.

Texans signed free-agent RB Daryl Richardson (Jets) today. wtf?

Also their left guard Jeff Adams is done for the year (Mondays news but I didn't see it posted here). That can't be good for their running game or QB.

Texans signed free-agent RB Daryl Richardson (Jets) today. wtf?

Also their left guard Jeff Adams is done for the year (Mondays news but I didn't see it posted here). That can't be good for their running game or QB.
Grimes missed practice? they're similar types?

May piss off the season ticket holders for now, but ownership can soon promise a high draft pick next spring :scared:

Maybe the news that Hopkins got concussed mid-week gives Foster a chance that he's active, but I doubt it. Next week Im guessing is when he'll be active and actually see significant touches.

Wasn't week 4 the target all along? I mean, people kind of jumped to conclusions when he returned to practice, but week end of September was always the most likely outcome.

Says he feels "wonderful" today...but isn't 100%. Who is? It's freaking football where 50 mini-car crashes occur in a 3 hour timespan every week. You aren't supposed to be 100%.

I'm going to borrow from Abraham Lincoln here when he addressed General George B. McClellan's notoriously slow advancement of his Potomac Army:

*Cue the Battle Hymn of the Republic music.

"Since McClellan the Texans aren't particularly using his army their RB, I should like to borrow it.

Shutout said:
Says he feels "wonderful" today...but isn't 100%. Who is? It's freaking football where 50 mini-car crashes occur in a 3 hour timespan every week. You aren't supposed to be 100%.

I'm going to borrow from Abraham Lincoln here when he addressed General George B. McClellan's notoriously slow advancement of his Potomac Army:

"Since McClellan the Texans aren't particularly using his army their RB, I should like to borrow it.
The Texans clearly don't care about their season. They care about Foster's health. Thinking the true date of return is 10/8 because he then gets 10 days rest.

Shutout said:

The Texans clearly don't care about their season. They care about Foster's health. Thinking the true date of return is 10/8 because he then gets 10 days rest.
Agree

Crazy he's not playing. I'm a bucs fan and am thrilled even though Foster is on my fantasy team.

Texans are tanking for a qb IMO.

Shutout said:

Agree
That would explain why the Texas are no longer a relevant team. Not saying I don't applaud them for caring about their employees but putting a 29 year old running back before a team of 80+ players and coaches is not smart considering we are talking about the difference between a guy being 90% vs 100% and the season is literally on the line. No player is probably 100% right now except a few punters and kickers.

Fans want competitive play and wins. The laugh I heard just came from Pittsburgh. Their all-important franchise quarterback probably hasn't been 100% in 7 years.

Crazy he's not playing. I'm a bucs fan and am thrilled even though Foster is on my fantasy team.

Texans are tanking for a qb IMO.
They should just try and trade for Brees at this point. (without looking at their salary cap, which I doubt they could afford him) I dont think there is a franchise QB in this draft.

As much as I'd like to see him go this week, I don't think it happens. With the short week next week I just don't see a reason to risk it. They need to win in the worst way but they can't risk losing Falster for another six weeks. I've got him in my starting lineup as it stands, however I fully expect to roll with my other options at flex.

As much as I'd like to see him go this week, I don't think it happens. With the short week next week I just don't see a reason to risk it. They need to win in the worst way but they can't risk losing Falster for another six weeks. I've got him in my starting lineup as it stands, however I fully expect to roll with my other options at flex.
What value does he have to the team if they keep him in moth balls?

Any player can get hurt on any given play. If he's healthy to play, he's healthy.

The Texans have a tough opponent this week but know the Falcons can be run on. That's the ideal way to slow the Falcons. They need the win to get to 2-2 and could possibly go into the Colts game with the division lead on the line. I think the numbers point to him playing. This is what he is here for.

John McClainVerified account‏@McClain_on_NFL
Arian Foster has done nothing but practice on a limited basis. He must have at least one week of full practice before he can return.
I don't see that specific tweet on McClain's timeline but I could be missing it. Regardless, have they even practiced today? And I know McClain is pretty plugged in but I'm not taking his word as gospel that Foster HAS to have an entire full week of practice to play. Thursday and Friday are always much more telling for practice days.

That said tho, I do agree with others that it makes the most sense for him to come back week 5. Just don't see him playing his 1game of the year Sunday and then turning around and having to go full blast again for TNF.

And not that people care but I just traded for him in one league and would be playing against him in another this week. It likely works out better for me if he waits until week 5 and immediately plays at his usually level.

Last edited by a moderator:
John McClainVerified account‏@McClain_on_NFL
Arian Foster has done nothing but practice on a limited basis. He must have at least one week of full practice before he can return.
I don't see that specific tweet on McClain's timeline but I could be missing it. Regardless, have they even practiced today? And I know McClain is pretty plugged in but I'm not taking his word as gospel that Foster HAS to have an entire full week of practice to play. Thursday and Friday are always much more telling for practice days.

That said tho, I do agree with others that it makes the most sense for him to come back week 5. Just don't see him playing his 1game of the year Sunday and then turning around and having to go full blast again for TNF.

And not that people care but I just traded for him in one league and would be playing against him in another this week. It likely works out better for me if he waits until week 5 and immediately plays at his usually level.
If he even plays this week we are looking at a gameflow or a few carries because of the quick turnaround.

Users who are viewing this thread