What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drew Brees Thread (1 Viewer)

As I mentioned before, go waste someone else's time. You don't understand a very simple concept. Happy Holidays :bye:
This had the chance to be a good, informative thread but it was spoiled by you wanting to use rolling emoticons and troll.

I think based on brees track record (top 3 qb stats on the road over his last 3 seasons) you should not look to bench him constantly. You disagree but seem to think its self evident to bench brees based on 4 or 5 game samples and reading every thing brees does as good luck while Fitzpatrick etc only have bad luck. You aren't being objective, if you try to top a top 3-5 sure score every week by playing the wire you will come up short unless you have ridiculous luck and waste a roster spot.

You also keep refusing to provide the link to your team where you benched brees

As I mentioned before, go waste someone else's time. You don't understand a very simple concept. Happy Holidays :bye:
This had the chance to be a good, informative thread but it was spoiled by you wanting to use rolling emoticons and troll.I think based on brees track record (top 3 qb stats on the road over his last 3 seasons) you should not look to bench him constantly. You disagree but seem to think its self evident to bench brees based on 4 or 5 game samples and reading every thing brees does as good luck while Fitzpatrick etc only have bad luck. You aren't being objective, if you try to top a top 3-5 sure score every week by playing the wire you will come up short unless you have ridiculous luck and waste a roster spot.

I don't know where you're getting your figures, but Brees has not been top 3 on the road. He's very pedestrian. But if you still have that 'never bench your studs' mentality, even when every statistic and trend tells you that Brees is only as stud at home, then you'll continue to suck at fantasy football and look foolish in threads.

This had the chance to be a good, informative thread but it was spoiled by you wanting to use rolling emoticons and troll.I think based on brees track record (top 3 qb stats on the road over his last 3 seasons) you should not look to bench him constantly. You disagree but seem to think its self evident to bench brees based on 4 or 5 game samples and reading every thing brees does as good luck while Fitzpatrick etc only have bad luck. You aren't being objective, if you try to top a top 3-5 sure score every week by playing the wire you will come up short unless you have ridiculous luck and waste a roster spot.

I don't know where you're getting your figures, but Brees has not been top 3 on the road. He's very pedestrian. But if you still have that 'never bench your studs' mentality, even when every statistic and trend tells you that Brees is only as stud at home, then you'll continue to suck at fantasy football and look foolish in threads.
Over last 3 seasons he has been #3 in my scoring system. He was #5 this year. Again I will play a top 3-5 qb all day over burning a spot on my roster trying to hit perfectly over and over trying to outscore that . If that means I suck at fantasy we have different definitions. I can guarantee I've done better playing brees every week the past 2 years and using a free bench spot to try and pick up the Keenan Allen's and andre browns than trying to run a QBBC

If the anti brees crowd would have tried ranking qbs each week they would realize how wrong headed they are being. Brees would rarely leave top 5

Brees is #5 on the road this season. This thread is ridiculous- Brees is being evaluated completely in a vacuum. This season, aside from Manning, has been a horror show for QBs and Brees, even not at his best, has been probably the only other point of anything like stability.

This had the chance to be a good, informative thread but it was spoiled by you wanting to use rolling emoticons and troll.

I think based on brees track record (top 3 qb stats on the road over his last 3 seasons) you should not look to bench him constantly. You disagree but seem to think its self evident to bench brees based on 4 or 5 game samples and reading every thing brees does as good luck while Fitzpatrick etc only have bad luck. You aren't being objective, if you try to top a top 3-5 sure score every week by playing the wire you will come up short unless you have ridiculous luck and waste a roster spot.

Mods please delete this thread. TIA.
consider another QB? sure if I had Peyton Manning or Matthew Stafford
This was a good, informative thread to anyone who critically thinks about their football leagues and rosters. In weeks 1-10, Brees averaged 24.97 FF pts per week. In weeks 11-16, he averaged 17.81 FF pts (including only 15.74 in his four road starts). I posted this thread immediately after the Dallas game when everyone was ZOMG he is the best. But the only immediate responses I got were like above from a bunch of squares like yourself. His production went down over 7 FF pts in the weeks I was concerned about. Who cares what his road FF rank over the past three seasons? Apparently you do because you completely ignore trends (like Ryan Matthews - trending as a top 5 RB). Brees averages 27.97 FF pts this year at home and only finished averaging 16.99 on the road this season. The guy never threw more than 2 TDs in ANY road game this year. His road ceiling was a top 5 QB this year. How do you not see that? He has been comparable to QBs like Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tannehill and Alex Smith (who based on the weeks had much better matchups on paper) in weeks 11-16.

There is absolutely nothing you can do to refute the fact that A) I was right to be concerned weeks 11-16 as his FF production dipped over 7 pts per game and B) that there is a clear difference this year between his road stats and home stats.

Regarding a link to my leagues - I'm not posting my personal information for someone I don't know. It's creepy, let it go. Let the thread die.

Last edited by a moderator:

You get the general idea of what I was trying to originally bring to this thread instead of nit-picking actual results. Thanks.

Mods please delete this thread. TIA.
consider another QB? sure if I had Peyton Manning or Matthew Stafford
This was a good, informative thread to anyone who critically thinks about their football leagues and rosters. In weeks 1-10, Brees averaged 24.97 FF pts per week. In weeks 11-16, he averaged 17.81 FF pts (including only 15.74 in his four road starts). I posted this thread immediately after the Dallas game when everyone was ZOMG he is the best. But the only immediate responses I got were like above from a bunch of squares like yourself. His production went down over 7 FF pts in the weeks I was concerned about. Who cares what his road FF rank over the past three seasons? Apparently you do because you completely ignore trends (like Ryan Matthews - trending as a top 5 RB). Brees averages 27.97 FF pts this year at home and only finished averaging 16.99 on the road this season. The guy never threw more than 2 TDs in ANY road game this year. His road ceiling was a top 5 QB this year. How do you not see that? He has been comparable to QBs like Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tannehill and Alex Smith (who based on the weeks had much better matchups on paper) in weeks 11-16.

There is absolutely nothing you can do to refute the fact that A) I was right to be concerned weeks 11-16 as his FF production dipped over 7 pts per game and B) that there is a clear difference this year between his road stats and home stats.

Regarding a link to my leagues - I'm not posting my personal information for someone I don't know. It's creepy, let it go. Let the thread die.
post a screenshot of your roster that's fine.

you keep looking backwards to results to justify your benching of Brees which is what I am pointing out as wrong. if you had listed the QBs ahead of time each week you would start ahead of Brees, you would realize he is a top 5 option each week. looking back and saying, see Tannehill and Alex Smith were better over this period is pointless. every top player has stretches where waiver/bench players outproduce them. the odds of someone guessing both right on when Brees will struggle, and then guessing right on the waiver wire QB to replace him are extremely low. it's why he finishes top 3 every season for the past 4 or 5 years or however long it's been. if you consistently play QBBC with a guy you know will finish in the top 3, you are wasting roster spots and lowering your expected output from the QB position.

a great player having an average stretch does not mean it's time to put him in a committee.

also I have no clue what you are talking about when you say no one should care about his road rank in the past 3 seasons because it is not a trend? it is absolutely a trend. if you think Brees can't play on the road, look at his history: when we do that we see he can play fine on the road, so it's likely a small sample size blip and not a sign he has lost his skill outside the Superdome

If the anti brees crowd would have tried ranking qbs each week they would realize how wrong headed they are being. Brees would rarely leave top 5
I'm not sure how you can say that. Last week was a clearly terrible matchup for him and the perfect week to bench him if you had a viable alternative.

I'm not sure how you can say that. Last week was a clearly terrible matchup for him and the perfect week to bench him if you had a viable alternative.
hines is still playing fantasy football the way we all did in 1998. You pick a 'stud' at every position and just skate with that all year long. And then scratch your head when you finish with 70 points and your opponent scored 135 because he actually paid attention to trends and statistics. He's been getting buried in this thread for weeks, yet he still insists that Brees was the smart choice to start with all these bad road matchups. :doh:

buck naked said:
hines said:
My point is it's easy to say that afterwards when you know his final line. It's harder to say which people you would start over him before hand, which no one did. There's a reason every site still had him top 5

JuniorNB said:
buck naked said:
hines said:
hines is still playing fantasy football the way we all did in 1998. You pick a 'stud' at every position and just skate with that all year long. And then scratch your head when you finish with 70 points and your opponent scored 135 because he actually paid attention to trends and statistics. He's been getting buried in this thread for weeks, yet he still insists that Brees was the smart choice to start with all these bad road matchups. :doh:
I've pointed out the larger sample size trend and statistic: brees has been a top 3 qb on the road over his past 24 games and was the #2 qb this season. If you think burning a roster spot to play QBBC with drew brees is smart, you are a bad fantasy player. I can't believe some people disagree with that. At Seattle was the only reasonable time to bench him

buck naked said:
hines said:
My point is it's easy to say that afterwards when you know his final line. It's harder to say which people you would start over him before hand, which no one did. There's a reason every site still had him top 5
Brees outdoors these days isn't good Brees
He's really not.

In a standard league here are his home FF pts: 21.48, 32.78, 32.72, 33.18, 31.68, 15.10

Away: 14.88, 19.32, 17.54, 21.18, 18.52, 7.78

Now, the saving grace for week 14 is the game is at home - but I think he will be lucky to get 18 FF pts. this week.

Week 15 you have @STL - in 2011, he was 30/44 for 269 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT and took 6 sacks - I will argue STL pass rush and defense are much better than 2011. Stacy and Cunningham will also be able to run all day on him.

I will not start him week 16 @ Car.

I honestly don't think you can start him with confidence for the rest of this season but apparently I'm a square.
How is that waiting until afterwards when I know his final line?

:wall: :wall: :wall:

JuniorNB said:
buck naked said:
hines said:
I've pointed out the larger sample size trend and statistic: brees has been a top 3 qb on the road over his past 24 games and was the #2 qb this season. If you think burning a roster spot to play QBBC with drew brees is smart, you are a bad fantasy player. I can't believe some people disagree with that. At Seattle was the only reasonable time to bench him
:lmao:

Can I quote my "Painful" post for this one as well?

We all know how this is going to play out & everyone will be able to pump their chests..

Brees will throw for 3 or 4 this week at home & then bow out the 1st week in the playoffs on the road...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

That's all I have le
you did not say which QBs on the waiver wire you would start each week you would bench Brees and which you would not. you didn't put anything on the line (besides benching Brees the final 3 weeks). you are evaluating Brees in a vacuum as another poster said.

Brees was the #4 QB over those 3 weeks you recommended benching him. I don't think you could have beat that playing the wire. I don't understand why you think you were smart by benching the #4 QB (which I doubt you even did as you refuse to show us your lineups where you did so). even if he had done worse than that, the reasoning was not there to support benching him

JuniorNB said:
buck naked said:
hines said:
Both totally wrong. You're pulling bogus numbers from your ###. He was #12 this season on the road. And that was before his putrid game against Carolina.

#2 overall this season. and #3 on the road the last 3 seasons is true
He was #2 overall because he was a stud at home. NOBODY is disputing that. He was a mediocre QB on the road especially the last few weeks. Fantasy football revolves around individual week roster decisions, not where someone finishes overall for the season. How do you continue not to understand that?

That's all I have le
you did not say which QBs on the waiver wire you would start each week you would bench Brees and which you would not. you didn't put anything on the line (besides benching Brees the final 3 weeks). you are evaluating Brees in a vacuum as another poster said.

Brees was the #4 QB over those 3 weeks you recommended benching him. I don't think you could have beat that playing the wire. I don't understand why you think you were smart by benching the #4 QB (which I doubt you even did as you refuse to show us your lineups where you did so). even if he had done worse than that, the reasoning was not there to support benching him
I already replied why I didn't discuss options. I got a bunch of donkey replies like yours "well if I had Peyton Manning or Matthew Stafford" blah blah blah

His production took a 30% decrease over the last six weeks. My reason for concern was valid. If no one wanted to have an intelligent discussion about it until I reopened the thread after his horrible Seattle game, that's their fault.

That's all I have le

I already replied why I didn't discuss options. I got a bunch of donkey replies like yours "well if I had Peyton Manning or Matthew Stafford" blah blah blah

His production took a 30% decrease over the last six weeks. My reason for concern was valid. If no one wanted to have an intelligent discussion about it until I reopened the thread after his horrible Seattle game, that's their fault.
me saying I'd start Manning or Stafford over him implies I'd rank him 3rd. that's getting my opinion down beforehand. you did nothing of the sort, but vaguely said to bench him without naming people to start over him.

and you still don't provide evidence you actually benched Brees

#2 overall this season. and #3 on the road the last 3 seasons is true
He was #2 overall because he was a stud at home. NOBODY is disputing that. He was a mediocre QB on the road especially the last few weeks. Fantasy football revolves around individual week roster decisions, not where someone finishes overall for the season. How do you continue not to understand that?
I understand that. I've said many times I take Brees and his #3 QB road pace over the past 3 years and use the extra roster spot to play with to try and pick up high upside WR/RBs instead of trying to top QB3-5 numbers and using Brees in a QBBC.

you also were clamoring to bench Brees at home vs Carolina, so some people disputed him being a stud at home

hope no one listened to those harping on trends and recent weeks in this thread and started Tannehill and Fitzpatrick over Brees because they had been doing so well over weeks 11-16 and had "easier" matchups.

Brees is still a every-week start your stud. if you try and time it right to win a couple more points here and there you risk missing games like this one and the first Panther game

hope no one listened to those harping on trends and recent weeks in this thread and started Tannehill and Fitzpatrick over Brees because they had been doing so well over weeks 11-16 and had "easier" matchups.

Brees is still a every-week start your stud. if you try and time it right to win a couple more points here and there you risk missing games like this one and the first Panther game
Did I say anything about week 17? You are the [] who thinks Brees is the same QB on the road as at home. Ya his production vs TB was exactly the same.

You really are not very good at fantasy football. You should find another hobby like president of the Brees fan club.

I've never said he is the same on the road as at home just that I like looking at larger sample sizes than 7 or 8 games. I don't believe he is as bad a fantasy qb on the road as we saw this season

From a fantasy perspective, the Saints had the 3rd toughest NFL schedule this year (or so I heard yesterday).

In FF it's not all about who the best player is, the Eagles and Packers had a terrific matchup schedule down the line, no shame in saying to start every Eagle you could get your hands on down the line vs say any Saint but Graham. If Rodgers and Finley hadn't gone down the same would have been said for every Packer.

Dude, no one ever suggested benching Brees at home. His gaudy home game numbers are why his season stats look so good and why owners like you can't wrap your head around the fact that he is merely a matchup QB on the road.

Dude, no one ever suggested benching Brees at home. His gaudy home game numbers are why his season stats look so good and why owners like you can't wrap your head around the fact that he is merely a matchup QB on the road.
I started Brees every week without hesitation but I can understand benching him in road games. He averaged 34.6 ppg at home and 21.7 ppg on the road in my league scoring (very similar to FBGs scoring). On the road, he one great game vs. the Rams (a dome game) and one good game at the Jets. Otherwise he was pretty average away from home.

yes they have, tjnc said Brees should be benched in a 10-12 team league at home vs Panthers. he is not a matchup QB on the road, people who don't understand trends and stats think he is. he hasn't lost his game completely on the road this season, it's a statistical quirk. if he had never been able to play on the road then I'd agree with you. his track record shows that is not a problem. I think you guys are essentially trolling this thread, even if you aren't trying to. if you had serious arguments you would have stated who you would start over Brees each week (you didn't so you are evaluating him after the fact which is silly), you would have provided an explanation for why you take this years road PPG as gospel and not consider his past few years (you didn't) and not even mentioning if you claimed you benched Brees the final 3 weeks you would provide a screenshot (which tjnc hasn't, which makes me think he simply made it up, which=trolling)

yes they have, tjnc said Brees should be benched in a 10-12 team league at home vs Panthers. he is not a matchup QB on the road, people who don't understand trends and stats think he is. he hasn't lost his game completely on the road this season, it's a statistical quirk. if he had never been able to play on the road then I'd agree with you. his track record shows that is not a problem. I think you guys are essentially trolling this thread, even if you aren't trying to. if you had serious arguments you would have stated who you would start over Brees each week (you didn't so you are evaluating him after the fact which is silly), you would have provided an explanation for why you take this years road PPG as gospel and not consider his past few years (you didn't) and not even mentioning if you claimed you benched Brees the final 3 weeks you would provide a screenshot (which tjnc hasn't, which makes me think he simply made it up, which=trolling)
:tfp:

If anyone wants to know why the shark pool is in a decline, they just need to look at posters like yourself.

I started Brees every week without hesitation but I can understand benching him in road games. He averaged 34.6 ppg at home and 21.7 ppg on the road in my league scoring (very similar to FBGs scoring). On the road, he one great game vs. the Rams (a dome game) and one good game at the Jets. Otherwise he was pretty average away from home.
Benching him for whom? Thats the only relevant question. One of the 20 odd QBs in the league that HOPES for 23 points?

I have had Brees in a keeper for some time, and he has been very reliable. Now he's performing like a low end QB1 for fantasy.

That said, just from an NFL perspective he just seems about average. The only thing making not awful from a fantasy perspective is volume.

I haven't watched him play other than on red zone and in the second half against the Cowboys last week.

For Saints homers, or other people that have watched their games, Is the problem a lack of a big play threat, or does he just not look like the same player?

I have had Brees in a keeper for some time, and he has been very reliable. Now he's performing like a low end QB1 for fantasy.

That said, just from an NFL perspective he just seems about average. The only thing making not awful from a fantasy perspective is volume.

I haven't watched him play other than on red zone and in the second half against the Cowboys last week.

For Saints homers, or other people that have watched their games, Is the problem a lack of a big play threat, or does he just not look like the same player?
Im not from MSY, but have watched every second closely....

1. He finished 4th among QBs this week in my league (I think)...which is hard to complain about given no Graham, but he left a ton of points on the table too. He's 10th YTD in my league.

2. Lack of downfield throwing is the difference so far this year. If his downfield throwing was merely average, he'd be right at the level you'd expect him to be. But instead he is 18th in 40+ completions with 2 and is 14th in 20+ completions with 13.

3. #2 can be partially attributed to an iffy O-line, partially attributed to an apparent lack of weapons and partially attributed to Brees missing some throws. Historically most of Brees' deep balls are straight drop backs with a heavy, drawn-out look off of the safety and then he goes the other way deep. He didnt have any time to do that vs the Vikings; but he did have that kind of time yesterday and he missed on one down the right sideline and Meachem looked bad on another.

4. The running % and run TD % has been abnormally high. That should even out even with Ingram coming back.

5. Other than the Thursday night at Carolina, the schedule looks good and he'll be playing hard for all 17 weeks. So in a re-draft he still would go high. Rivers has moved ahead of him, Manning and Rodgers are still ahead too, he's still better than Brady & Stafford, and he's neck and neck with Matt Ryan. So no big change in re-draft vs August

A lot of locals (citing "a college coach I know" and such) feel like Brees never recovered fully from his preseason oblique strain. They say it's taking some distance off his deep ball.

Whatever is causing it, Brees has not been able to get it downfield reliably so far in 2014. He's consistently several yard short, which forces the WRs to slow down or curl back around to get in position for a catch. This also means that opposing DBs have an easier time making a play on the ball. Right now, Brees is unable to lead a receiver that has gotten behind the defense -- he'll chuck it downfield and it will end up a few yards short everytime.

2. Lack of downfield throwing is the difference so far this year. If his downfield throwing was merely average, he'd be right at the level you'd expect him to be. But instead he is 18th in 40+ completions with 2 and is 14th in 20+ completions with 13.

3. #2 can be partially attributed to an iffy O-line, partially attributed to an apparent lack of weapons and partially attributed to Brees missing some throws. Historically most of Brees' deep balls are straight drop backs with a heavy, drawn-out look off of the safety and then he goes the other way deep. He didnt have any time to do that vs the Vikings; but he did have that kind of time yesterday and he missed on one down the right sideline and Meachem looked bad on another.
A lot of people here feel like the O-line is an issue, too. Opposing defenses have had an easy time getting pressure up the middle versus Brees, and that's his kryptonite. The middle of the Saints' )-line used to be almost impenetrable in the past, and that always gave Brees the luxury of stepping up in the pocket to avoid elite edge rushers. Not any more.

Maybe if the Saints' C and Gs were still as stout as before in pass protection, Brees could step into the longer throws and get a little more power into them to compensate for possible oblique weakness after the preseason injury. A lot of theories out there about what might be wrong with Brees.

At the game yesterday, and he looked shaky. Some terrible decisions. Can still step up in the pocket but looked like molasses laterally. He had several near misses where his ball just looked too flat - needed more air to get over the CB. I dunno - he doesn't look like the same QB to me.

A lot of locals (citing "a college coach I know" and such) feel like Brees never recovered fully from his preseason oblique strain. They say it's taking some distance off his deep ball.

Whatever is causing it, Brees has not been able to get it downfield reliably so far in 2014. He's consistently several yard short, which forces the WRs to slow down or curl back around to get in position for a catch. This also means that opposing DBs have an easier time making a play on the ball. Right now, Brees is unable to lead a receiver that has gotten behind the defense -- he'll chuck it downfield and it will end up a few yards short everytime.
I was wondering if this was the case. Watching the end if the game yesterday (all I got to see), his last pick reeked of lack of arm strength. The had a clean pocket, stepped into it and floated it WAY too short.

Seems like the past few seasons there have been "what's wrong with Drew Brees" articles about this time of the year, and the guy somehow makes it work out in the end. Last year at this time, other than the week 4 Mia game, he wasn't that great either. His oblique might be an issue, I wondered about that too. He might be on the downside of his career and have a dead arm, who knows. I just think you have to let the guy play a full season to really judge him.

Seems like the past few seasons there have been "what's wrong with Drew Brees" articles about this time of the year, and the guy somehow makes it work out in the end. Last year at this time, other than the week 4 Mia game, he wasn't that great either. His oblique might be an issue, I wondered about that too. He might be on the downside of his career and have a dead arm, who knows. I just think you have to let the guy play a full season to really judge him.
Generally, but at times in the past, there has been legitimate cause for concern. Sean Payton is very cagey about injuries. Drew Brees played almost the entire 2010 season with an undisclosed sprained knee, and his play suffered.

Just some observations:

• The receiver position is in trouble. Morgan has been hurt but IMO he was not good vs Atlanta when he did play, getting outmuscled for deep balls, basically his only role. Meachem is outclassed now. But he is Brees' almost sole deep threat right now. I don't know why that is. Stills has not been going deep, maybe because of his injuries, and Cooks for some reason has almost exclusively been a chain mover. Stills might be the biggest disappointment in this whole equation.
  • Toon appears to be absolutely useless: at no time have the Saints needed a playmaking WR more, but Toon, who beat out Meachem after preseason (Meachem was cut) hasn't even seen the field while Meachem has played a prominent role. Despite Morgan and Stills being hurt frequently there has been no Toon. Unless some radical change happens this looks like a wasted draft pick and roster spot.
  • Yes, he misses Sproles.
  • The line is breaking down. Goodwyn and Strief especially seem to be getting pushed around. Armstead went out vs Dallas and that had an immediate negative impact.
  • We have seen some horrendous decisions, the TB game stands out because the first 2 picks totally turned the game around in TB's favor. The last pick was another deep ball to Meachem, it is hard to gauge those when the WR being thrown to is so ineffective. The other notable bad pick vs CLE was an overthrow. None of these were the result of poor arm strength.
  • There have been some bad throws, no question, and sometimes the incompletions show that more than the picks. The crowd had several wtf moments at the TB game and there have been some wounded ducks.
  • The TB game showed heavy use of the screens. The yardage totals are there but there was a lot of YAC going on by Pierre, Cadet and Cooks. Totals by "downfield" WRs Colston and Stills: 4/79/0, on a day when Brees had 35 completions for 370+ yards.
  • The playcalling has been at times bizarre. Payton if anything came back from his hiatus more conservative and less creative.
  • There is much added emphasis on the run game, since this was well advertised maybe no one should be surprised that the run game is mirroring the 2009 levels and that Brees' pass attempts and TD's are down to that level as well. Actually I think this is much more of a factor in FF numbers than any of the above.

So Cooks just moves the chains? He had like 60 yards on 9 receptions. Seems really low, and Cooks gets zero red zone looks?

So Cooks just moves the chains? He had like 60 yards on 9 receptions. Seems really low, and Cooks gets zero red zone looks?
The weird thing is that he was timed at 4.33 at the combine. I know he is short, but it is surprising that the don't put it up to him deep a time or two a game.

OU#1 said:
Very limited routes so far. Many screens, little ins and slants. Not much else yet. RZ has been running and Graham mostly...

Excited about the the potential to right the ship after the bye. Hopefully everyone is more healthy, rested, and effective down the stretch.

There is much added emphasis on the run game, since this was well advertised maybe no one should be surprised that the run game is mirroring the 2009 levels and that Brees' pass attempts and TD's are down to that level as well. Actually I think this is much more of a factor in FF numbers than any of the above.
Bingo. You know the bar is set high when people discuss "What's wrong with Brees" and he's 3rd in the NFL in yards and the Saints are #1 it total offense and #4 in passing. FBG even downgraded him as no longer elite. I have him and I'm feel "disappointed", but then look at his numbers. The only problem I see is the run game vulturing TDs. Saints had 10 total running TDs all year in both 2012 and 2013, and they have 7 TDs in 5 weeks this year. Give Brees 3 or 4 of those scores and are people talking about his decline?

There is much added emphasis on the run game, since this was well advertised maybe no one should be surprised that the run game is mirroring the 2009 levels and that Brees' pass attempts and TD's are down to that level as well. Actually I think this is much more of a factor in FF numbers than any of the above.
Bingo. You know the bar is set high when people discuss "What's wrong with Brees" and he's 3rd in the NFL in yards and the Saints are #1 it total offense and #4 in passing. FBG even downgraded him as no longer elite. I have him and I'm feel "disappointed", but then look at his numbers. The only problem I see is the run game vulturing TDs. Saints had 10 total running TDs all year in both 2012 and 2013, and they have 7 TDs in 5 weeks this year. Give Brees 3 or 4 of those scores and are people talking about his decline?
The TDs may be "bingo", but he's way off on his pass attempts- he's on pace for a career high there.

I forgot about this thread. I'm surprised hines still actively posts in the Shark Pool. If I were him, I would have created an alt and started over.

The TDs may be "bingo", but he's way off on his pass attempts- he's on pace for a career high there.
Attempts would be a career high, but doesn't seem that much different than 2013. If he keeps the same pace he'd have 27 more attempts for 125 less yards. TDs would be way down.

Users who are viewing this thread