What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (16 Viewers)

Really enjoy John Walker story, but I'm p sure at this point the series would be better as just "The Falcon" - not into Bucky's piece of the puzzle.
Does seem a bit forced to have him there. Could do the same show with Falcon, basically. 

Really enjoy John Walker story, but I'm p sure at this point the series would be better as just "The Falcon" - not into Bucky's piece of the puzzle.
No way, Barnes is my favorite character! He needs something to do dammit. 

"Stop the truck!" Best line so far IMO.

No way, Barnes is my favorite character! He needs something to do dammit. 

"Stop the truck!" Best line so far IMO.
I'm typically effusive with praise over the MCU, as Feige & Co seem just so smart about everything. This feels like a bit of a miss, but willing to let them impress me.

The buddy cop stuff feels so forced. Almost like these two aren't great actors. Oh well. It's not Wandavision but it will suffice. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Another good episode.  It looks like they are taking John Walker from the comics pretty well.  He was inspired by Cap and wants to emulate him.  He is arrogant telling Falcon and Bucky what to do, then shows his anger when he tells them to stay out of his way.  He's not a bad guy per se in the comics and I think that's how they'll play it here.  He's more of a stooge for the government. 

My son popped over a couple of moments, when his partner walked in he said "That's Battlestar!"  When they mentioned Isaiah he said "Oh that's the African American Cap!".  I did not know either character but I'm sure we'll be seeing more of them.  He also said Isaiah's grandson (I think, could be son) will be a character from the comics but I won't name him (I didn't know the character he named but it ties into Isaiah's name).

Well done but I still prefer Wanda at this point.  I didn't like how easily the super soldiers took out Falcon and Bucky, and then the one super soldier was just like "I hold them off" and basically just ran into gunfire.  Seems like he could have knocked the pole down then tried to get back to the plane or do something else other than run straight into it.

I'm typically effusive with praise over the MCU, as Feige & Co seem just so smart about everything. This feels like a bit of a miss, but willing to let them impress me.
It's probably my second least favorite marvel show I've watched (I didn't watch inhumans or C&D)) above IF but well below the rest. But I'm expecting it to improve. 

Honestly I'm not sure anything could look good in comparison to WV. 

I've enjoyed it so far.  Not the greatest thing ever, but I love having a weekly dose of Marvel.  My wife is enjoying it, gives us something to watch together

I mean I “like it” but it just feels disjointed or forced or something. Like I dont get what all the tension was about at all when Falcon and Winter Soldier were in the therapy session together. Like they seemed kind of fine before that and then they are talking about squashing beef and never seeing each other again?  

I mean I “like it” but it just feels disjointed or forced or something. Like I dont get what all the tension was about at all when Falcon and Winter Soldier were in the therapy session together. Like they seemed kind of fine before that and then they are talking about squashing beef and never seeing each other again?  
Agreed 

Also who exactly is Falcon working for and how did fake Cap know where to find them?

On the TV shows, here are my ranks:

• WandaVision - enough said
  • Daredevil - S1, S3, S2 (S2 not as strong as first and last seasons) Cox and D'Onofrio were tremendous and hope they come back in those roles in the MCU
  • Agents of Shields (many up and downs but more ups and downs weren't really low) Tremendous ensemble cast
  • Jessica Jones - S1, S3, S2 (David Tennant really makes the series, last 2 weren't as good as the first)
  • Punisher - Perfect role for Jon Bernthal - also hopes he comes back to the MCU. Hard to rank this one because both seasons of it were better than the last 2 seasons of JJ, but the first season of JJ was really good.
  • Agent Carter - Very good series, Haley Atwell was perfect for the role. Much too short.
  • Luke Cage - first half of S1 I thought was really good, it dipped after a certain actor left. S2 not as strong
  • Defenders - Did not come off as well as it could/should have
  • Iron Fist - Terrible plot and bad lead actor. I did like Colleen
  • Runaways - I only watched a few episodes whereas my wife watched it all. Very much a Young Adult drama show that did not appeal to me nor did it feel like it fit in with the rest of the MCU
  • Haven't watched Cloak and Dagger, but the previews looked way better than....
  • Inhumans - This looked like hot garbage, didn't watch
Does Legion count as MCU? Love that show, almost like an art film at times.

Finished S1 of Agent Carter - thought it was great.  A little cheesy but that’s ok - seemed clever and I liked the plot for the first season.

Guys, remember when everyone hated Wandavision after 2 episodes. Me too. Relax nerds 
I agree with this, although I am already really liking falcon show. It's exactly what I want on a Friday night, mindless fun with some ### kicking.

Guys, remember when everyone hated Wandavision after 2 episodes. Me too. Relax nerds 
I thought is was weird as hell. And kinda lame after 2 episodes. Ended up really liking it. 

FaWS ain’t perfect. But I like it so far. I am easily entertained. :D  

Apparently this is an unpopular opinion, but I'm enjoying Falcon & the Winter Soldier a little more than WV.  WV was just a bit too weird for me for most of its run.  Though I'm enough of a nerd to have watched all the Marvel movies, I'm not a comic book guy and WV just seemed really geared toward that demo.

Apparently this is an unpopular opinion, but I'm enjoying Falcon & the Winter Soldier a little more than WV.  WV was just a bit too weird for me for most of its run.  Though I'm enough of a nerd to have watched all the Marvel movies, I'm not a comic book guy and WV just seemed really geared toward that demo.
Me too. But then I'm more of a melee fan over witches and wizard's. 

jobarules said:
Agreed 

Also who exactly is Falcon working for and how did fake Cap know where to find them?
I was thinking the same thing when Sam said they were free agents but he’s flying around in military transports.

jobarules said:
Agreed 

I’m not exactly sure who they’re working for, but fake Cap said they tracked them because there are tracking devices in Falcon’s suit out there by the government because the suit is government property.

I don’t like the non juiced “heroes”, never getting hurt.  New capt A, and his sidekick, should be in the hospital. 

Was the OG super soldier, supposed to be older than capt a/Bucky?  Wasn’t clear to me. If so, he’s not old enough. 

And it seems like they nerfed Bucky,  no?
It's a bit maddening how they level up and level down everyone based on opponents.

What does "nerfed bucky" mean?
Made him less of a badass.  He seemed weak in that fight on the trucks in episode 2 when he seemed almost unstoppable vs. Cap & Black Panther in Winter Soldier.

Then you have a non-enhanced Cap and his sidekick out there hanging with a bunch of super soldiers in hand to hand combat on top of a semi?  Just doesn't seem consistent.

Made him less of a badass.  He seemed weak in that fight on the trucks in episode 2 when he seemed almost unstoppable vs. Cap & Black Panther in Winter Soldier.

Then you have a non-enhanced Cap and his sidekick out there hanging with a bunch of super soldiers in hand to hand combat on top of a semi?  Just doesn't seem consistent.
I think Bucky is less effective now because he isn't in the right frame of mind yet (still dealing with all the bad things he has done, lost his friend Steve, etc.). I think he will get properly motivated as the series goes on and will start kicking some serious butt.

A guy who has gone toe to toe with Cap and other supers in earlier movies to getting his ### handed to him by non-powered opponents. And this is after his arm gets a significant upgrade from titanium to vibranium.
The Flag Smashers are enhanced.  While I agree he doesn't have the 'killer' aggression that he's had in the past, he wasn't fighting standard humans up there.  The only 'normals' there were the new Cap and his buddy.

The Flag Smashers are enhanced.  While I agree he doesn't have the 'killer' aggression that he's had in the past, he wasn't fighting standard humans up there.  The only 'normals' there were the new Cap and his buddy.
Enhanced =/= to Cap, who he's gone toe to toe with zero problem. And how about all of the fighting in Infinity Way and End Game? It's still an issue to have the guy upgraded and getting badly beat IMO.

Enhanced =/= to Cap, who he's gone toe to toe with zero problem. And how about all of the fighting in Infinity Way and End Game? It's still an issue to have the guy upgraded and getting badly beat IMO.
I'm not disagreeing that he seems weaker.  Just wanted to clarify that they were not 'non-powered'.

My only complaints with Infinity War/Endgame has always been how Hulk was neutered and Thor's power was so uneven through the films.

I'm on your side here.... :hifive:

Also, while Bucky may have gone head to head with Cap at the end of Winter Soldier, Cap's head obviously wasn't fully in it.  He wasn't willing to go all out and possibly kill his friend.

So while half- hearted Cap might have been equal to mostly fully hypnotized Winter Soldier Bucky,  100% focused Infinity War Cap would have probably wiped the floor with what Bucky is now (a confused, conflicted shell of his former self, albeit with a more powerful fake arm)

So I dont think him losing a fight against multiple enhanced super soldiers  is all that unreasonable.

It will be interesting to see how they handle the relative strength of replacement Cap throughout the series. While he's obviously an elite fighter for a normal person, he's just that.... (a normal person). He's probably equal to GSP's character in a straight up fight, and we all know that Cap was able knock him silly just based on pure power. 

:nerd:

and then the one super soldier was just like "I hold them off" and basically just ran into gunfire.  Seems like he could have knocked the pole down then tried to get back to the plane or do something else other than run straight into it.
That was classic lazy writing, worthy of a big eye roll for me as well.  The whole Flag Busters thing with their “one-people” slogan is pretty cheesy - classic comic book stuff but falls well below the bar they set for themselves with WandaVision.  I hope there’s going to be a bigger/better story to this than just our two heroes + Fake Captain A taking on this particular enemy. 

I'm not disagreeing that he seems weaker.  Just wanted to clarify that they were not 'non-powered'.

My only complaints with Infinity War/Endgame has always been how Hulk was neutered and Thor's power was so uneven through the films.

I'm on your side here.... :hifive:
My goodness this, it bothered me a ton.  We should have seen Hulk ripping aliens' heads off of their bodies like in the first Avengers, instead we had Banner in an oversized ironman suit and then a kindler, gentler Hulk/Banner hybrid. 

If Banner wanted to see the Hulk badly enough he could have just put a bullet in his mouth again.

That was classic lazy writing, worthy of a big eye roll for me as well.  The whole Flag Busters thing with their “one-people” slogan is pretty cheesy - classic comic book stuff but falls well below the bar they set for themselves with WandaVision.  I hope there’s going to be a bigger/better story to this than just our two heroes + Fake Captain A taking on this particular enemy. 
There is something very big I'm sure.  That text that chick got about "You stole something from me, I'm going to find you and kill you" pointed to a deeper and darker plot behind the Flag Busters group.

I think Bucky is less effective now because he isn't in the right frame of mind yet (still dealing with all the bad things he has done, lost his friend Steve, etc.). I think he will get properly motivated as the series goes on and will start kicking some serious butt.
I think it is clear he is trying not to hurt anybody. That is why they have him ask the therapist again at the end what is the 2nd rule?

Leeroy Jenkins said:
He isn't as powerful. Not sure how well you follow the MCU, but it is the same thing they did to the Hulk.

Bucky went from giving the trio of Cap, Black Widow and Falcon all they could handle in Winter Solider to mostly just shooting guns in the big fight scenes of Infinity War and End game and then the roof scene now. Despite the fact he has the same super solider in him that Cap had. 

jobarules said:
I still dont get why Bucky and Falcon were so mad at each other.
They have had a rivalry since Winter Solider.  There was even a time where Falcon questioned Captain American's motives of helping Bucky in Civil War.

It almost seems like a  fight of who got to be Cap's right hand man. I am sure giving up the shield added to it. 

He isn't as powerful. Not sure how well you follow the MCU, but it is the same thing they did to the Hulk.

Bucky went from giving the trio of Cap, Black Widow and Falcon all they could handle in Winter Solider to mostly just shooting guns in the big fight scenes of Infinity War and End game and then the roof scene now. Despite the fact he has the same super solider in him that Cap had. 
Got it.  I just never heard the term "nerfed" before.

Jayrod said:
Leeroy Jenkins said:

that was my exact thought when i watched that scene i kept telling my lady that bucky should have been literally the only guy still standing and instead they made him look mortal that was sort of strange take that to the bank bromigos

Drunken Cowboy said:
dhockster said:
I think it is clear he is trying not to hurt anybody. That is why they have him ask the therapist again at the end what is the 2nd rule?
ok i guess i can see that still the reason the old swcer tunes is in fact to see bucky hurt the hell of out of someone bad take that to the bank bromigos 

Users who are viewing this thread