What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (4 Viewers)

I wouldn't consider Raimi's original and sequel (SM3 was terrible) as failures but yeah, Marvel probably can do better.
By that same token, Raimi's original was 15 years ago (from the release date of the new one). Not exactly right on the heels of it. 

Time for a new take with a new cast.

By that same token, Raimi's original was 15 years ago (from the release date of the new one). Not exactly right on the heels of it. 

Time for a new take with a new cast.
yeah, they really should put out 3 new Spider-man movies every decade. 

Seriously though, it does make sense for Marvel to put their own movies out with underroos. If for no better reason than to mesh him better with the rest of the MCU.

I think it's fair for marvel to get their own spin on their character after Sony's failed attempts.
I believe the new Spider-Man movie, while in the MCU (apparently Stark will make an appearance) and under the purview of Feige, will be a Sony movie and not Disney.

They've got me hooked so no real complaint, although I would have prefered instead of an origin story to have the origin take place during the opening credits on comic book slides.  3 minutes of setting up the back story and then the movie starts.  They can then do their short internet stuff as they ahve been doing to fill in some gaps later on.  Everyone knows Spidey anyway.

They've got me hooked so no real complaint, although I would have prefered instead of an origin story to have the origin take place during the opening credits on comic book slides.  3 minutes of setting up the back story and then the movie starts.  They can then do their short internet stuff as they ahve been doing to fill in some gaps later on.  Everyone knows Spidey anyway.
I thought I read somewhere that it may be something like that. Not an origin story again but more like a reintroduction (ie he has his powers already or gets them in flashbacks) and the story is more about him exploring and understanding his new powers.

I'm thinking defenders as as series is a mistake

they should keep their properties on a yearly timeline and maybe do a defenders as a mini series of like 4 or 5 eps

AVENGERS IMPACT: A WHIH Newsfront Special Report

https://youtu.be/MvkZx3Lojuc

The Avengers have saved our world… but at what cost? WHIH Newsfront returns with a special report. Join Christine Everhart and political correspondent Will Adams as they investigate “The World the Hero Leaves Behind.”

This should break all kinds of records, no?

I mean until the new star wars
It will do well, but I don't think it'll do as well as the Avengers movies. I can see people staying away because it's Cap 3. Especially those who didn't see Cap 1 and/or 2. Cap 2 was said to be the best Marvel movie up to that point, but it did about $200 million less domestically than Avengers 2.

IMO, Cap 2 is still the best Marvel movie (I haven't seen Cap 3 yet, so I'm not counting it).  But because this is a Cap movie, Cap 3 will do less than the Avengers movies.

Last edited by a moderator:
It will do well, but I don't think it'll do as well as the Avengers movies. I can see people staying away because it's Cap 3. Especially those who didn't see Cap 1 and/or 2. Cap 2 was said to be the best Marvel movie up to that point, but it did about $200 million less domestically than Avengers 2.

IMO, Cap 2 is still the best Marvel movie (I haven't seen Cap 3 yet, so I'm not counting it).  But because this is a Cap movie, Cap 3 will do less than the Avengers movies.
You're probably right but Cap 3 is effectively Avengers 3.

It looks like Disney released the movie to critics pretty early.

Rotten Tomatoes already has 73 reviews clocked and is running at an excellent 93% rate.

I couldn't disagree more.

I couldn't disagree more.
To which part?  That it'll do well, but not as well as the Avengers movies?  That people won't go to see it because it's a Cap movie?  That Cap 2 did about $200 million less domestically than Avengers 2?  That Cap 2 is the best Marvel movie up to Cap 3?

Netflix ordered the Punisher series. 
yes yes yes this is my favorite dude i just get in to unhinged rage and yet with just a hint of goodness bam this is so awesome i hope that they never bring that foghat guy from dd in to the series he stinks up the joint but they can bring in all the elektra they want from dd she is one fine lookin papershaker that is all that i m saying take that to the bank bromigos 

To which part?  That it'll do well, but not as well as the Avengers movies?  That people won't go to see it because it's a Cap movie?  That Cap 2 did about $200 million less domestically than Avengers 2?  That Cap 2 is the best Marvel movie up to Cap 3?
Knowing Harry, pretty sure all of it

Just about all parts.

I think it will beat the 2nd Avengers movie, maybe even the 1st.

I think people will see it because while it's not an Avengers movie in name, it is in the cast.

I think that this will do better than Cap 2.

I do agree with your last part.

Just about all parts.

I think it will beat the 2nd Avengers movie, maybe even the 1st.

I think people will see it because while it's not an Avengers movie in name, it is in the cast.

I think that this will do better than Cap 2.

I do agree with your last part.
The presence of Spider-man is going to make a box office difference. I think it will likely end up between the first and second Avengers, and I don't think it's impossible that it could pass the first. 

Users who are viewing this thread