What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Mike Evans, TB (2 Viewers)

Mike Evans caught 3-of-8 targets for 51 yards and a touchdown in the Bucs' NFC Championship Game win over the Packers. 

It was a mixed day for Evans, who reaved Kevin King's soul — including on his 15-yard where first quarter touchdown where King mis-timed his jump — but also committed a few drops. He was the target on all three of Tom Brady's interceptions, including a too-high pass that hit off Evans' hands into Jaire Alexander's. This connection will have to be cleaned up for the Bucs to bring home the second Lombardi in franchise history against either the Chiefs or Bills. 

Jan 24, 2021, 7:15 PM ET

Mike Evans was held to one catch for 31 yards in the Bucs' Super Bowl LV victory over the Chiefs. 

The Bucs didn't need to do anything fancy on offense as the Chiefs self destructed, limiting Evans' opportunities down the field. Tom Brady’s goal-line back, Evans entered the final three games of the season with 11 touchdowns but only two 100-yard efforts, including zero since Week 4. He then crossed the century mark in Weeks 15 and 16 before doing so again in the Wild Card Round. Evans reached 1,000 yards during the regular season for the seventh time in as many tries. Banged up for bits of 2020 as he worked on his chemistry with Brady, Evans did not seem fully locked in until the stretch run. Still somehow only 28 in August, Evans could have less target competition in 2021 with Chris Godwin headed to free agency. Regardless of Godwin’s status, Evans will remain firmly in the WR1 mix with Brady returning. 

Feb 7, 2021, 10:38 PM ET

Veteran wide receiver Mike Evans is willing to restructure is current contract so that the Buccaneers can free up space to bring some, if not all, of his teammates back that are due for new contracts.

This according to head coach Bruce Arians, via Peter King of NBC Sports.

“Mike Evans is the most unselfish superstar I’ve ever met. He’s told us to use some of his money if we need to contracts to keep the team together!

On Monday when Arians and quarterback Tom Brady met with reporters, Tampa Bay’s head coach addressed the roster situation again, saying he was confident that the front office would make things work in order to retain most or all of the current roster.

Evans is no stranger to restructuring his contract as he has done it in the past to help the Bucs create cap room. It looks like Evans is wanting to take that same approach so that the team can do what they have to do so that they make another run at the Super Bowl in 2021.

Faust said:
This article is great and I have been trying to move Evans all off-season and I think I lost my window.  I tried to trade him straight up for an RB like Montgomery or CEH - couldn't get it done.  The difficult thing with Dynasty moves is people are pretty skittish about age and Evans isn't even hold.  Moving Julio Jones, after the season he had last year, next to impossible.  Mike Evans has been a staple of my powerhouse team and it sucks to get rid of him, when he probably has 3 years of WR1 or WR2 production, but I always try to get out from underneath players as quickly as I can... seems that time has passed.  Interested to see if anyone has been able to move him for anything of equal value.

i bought. For a future 1, 3 and logan Thomas in a 10 team ppr. 

Would do it over and over. 
Great haul for you.  What would you have given up?  I think the Evans owner sold low.  Unpopular opinion, I don't really value Logan Thomas.  

I'm sorry, I know this is wandering the line between here and the Trade/Value Discussion board but just curious as a buyer who got away with 3 great years of a top WR, if you would have given up more.  

Great haul for you.  What would you have given up?  I think the Evans owner sold low.  Unpopular opinion, I don't really value Logan Thomas.  

I'm sorry, I know this is wandering the line between here and the Trade/Value Discussion board but just curious as a buyer who got away with 3 great years of a top WR, if you would have given up more.  
this team was in total rebuild, and i offered him a choice of hurst or Thomas. 

not sure how much more Id have given up, but definitely wouldve done a 1 and 2. I think evans has a minimum 3yrs of top flight left

I got him for 2.10 this year and my 2nd in 2021 and couldn’t be happier with it. I thought that was on the cheaper side of what it should have cost me to acquire him 

I got him for 2.10 this year and my 2nd in 2021 and couldn’t be happier with it. I thought that was on the cheaper side of what it should have cost me to acquire him 
That trade doesn't even make sense lol. A late 2nd and a throw in future 2nd for the 8th highest scoring WR last year

Last edited by a moderator:
That trade doesn't even make sense lol. A late 2nd and a throw in future 2nd for the 8th highest scoring WR last year. Nice Mickey Mouse league, pal. 
Ah, we don't yank on other peoples' leagues in here, mang. Just food for thought. There have been some players you've evaluated much differently than the rest of the people chiming in. That could be how that trade happened.

Ah, we don't yank on other peoples' leagues in here, mang. Just food for thought. There have been some players you've evaluated much differently than the rest of the people chiming in. That could be how that trade happened.
Oh I'm just having fun. Either way, he robbed Evans and my opinion on the league don't change that!!

Win that ship, homie. 🤑

The league will be going into its 36th year in 2021 with 9 of the original 12 owners still active. We all know each other like the back of our hands and everyone is very knowledgeable in the league. The guy who traded him to me is absolutely loaded and really had no use for Evans believe it or not so he put him on the trade block let everyone know via text he was going to trade him and I was the only one who made an offer and he took it. 

You’re right bashing of leagues shouldn’t happen in here when the circumstances of a particular league aren’t known or disclosed. Thanks Rock for pointing that out 

The league will be going into its 36th year in 2021 with 9 of the original 12 owners still active. We all know each other like the back of our hands and everyone is very knowledgeable in the league. The guy who traded him to me is absolutely loaded and really had no use for Evans believe it or not so he put him on the trade block let everyone know via text he was going to trade him and I was the only one who made an offer and he took it. 

You’re right bashing of leagues shouldn’t happen in here when the circumstances of a particular league aren’t known or disclosed. Thanks Rock for pointing that out 
No sweat, and no disrespect meant to Shaq90, either. Just reminding people that in no way is one trade indicative of a league's intelligence, or even indicative of a bad trade without context. Best of luck to you and your league, mang.

Rock on! I thought my home league was old going into it's 22nd year (8/12 owners are original for us). 

Rock on! I thought my home league was old going into it's 22nd year (8/12 owners are original for us). 
24th season here with 8/12 original owners and a couple others who have been along for almost 15 years.
Wow, I feel like a newbie here with my salary cap/auction league entering its 19th season with 9/10 original owners. You know you're league's doing something right when its time is measured in decades with so many original owners remaining.

:thumbup:

Mike Evans caught 3-of-6 targets for 24 yards in the Bucs' Week 1 win over the Cowboys. 

Dealing with Trevon Diggs' shadow coverage, Evans got locked up as Chris Godwin and Antonio Brown both took advantage of easier matchups to go bonkers. Diggs followed Evans on 79.6 percent of his coverage snaps, making life very difficult. He was also fingertips away from two more grabs. Fantasy managers simply have to shake it off in this prolific offense, especially ahead of smash spots like Week 2's date with the Falcons.

Evans is basically the definition of "consistent year to year, inconsistent week to week." He'll finish the year in the top-15  like he always does, and next week it'll be one of the owners of Godwin, Brown or Gronk being disappointed.

Absolutely but these weeks where he puts up garbage numbers are hard to digest for a top pick

This was all about Diggs. There’s a reason Godwin & Brown were open. Diggs was on Evans 70+% of the snaps. 

Cover corners gonna cover, and the Cowboys picked their poison. 

Evans is basically the definition of "consistent year to year, inconsistent week to week." He'll finish the year in the top-15  like he always does, and next week it'll be one of the owners of Godwin, Brown or Gronk being disappointed.
He reminds me of Chad Johnson from back in the day. At the end of the year Ocho would have good overall stats but I always felt it was from a handful of games. 

Yep, and frankly Evans 2019 started with almost exactly the same line. He was 5 targets, 2 catches, 28 yards that year's opener. 
Thing is with Evans, he usually salvages a line like this with a TD.

But he was put on an island by Diggs, and it worked out great for all the other Bucs receivers. 

Every WR1 puts up bad weeks
Brady is going to go where he has matchup advantages. Period. As he should. If Evans draws the toughest corner he’ll go elsewhere. There will be games where Brady hammers Evans. Not worried as long as he’s healthy. If not for those 2 tipped passes there wouldn’t even be concern. Lots of mouths to feed in TB if they are all healthy. Teams will game plan for AB, Godwin, Gronk. Good. Evans smashes

Not worried about Evans at all.  He will get his over the course of the season.  And Brady will want to keep all of his guys happy, so he will call plays and manipulate defenses to get Evans open and him the ball.   

NFL Week 1 fantasy football questions and answers: 32 reporters give advice on Julio Jones, Ravens running backs, more

Excerpt:

Is Mike Evans set to be the WR3 in terms of target share this season?

No. The Bucs' coaching staff was absolutely thrilled with the training camp Evans had, with offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich calling him "lights out" and wide receivers coach Kevin Garver saying, "He came into camp the best I've seen him." Evans also said, "This is the best shape I've ever been in." Thursday night's three-catch performance was a combination of Tampa Bay having only so many mouths to feed -- Chris Godwin and Antonio Brown both eclipsed 100 receiving yards -- and Evans being shadowed by Trevon Diggs, who played a terrific game. Should Evans have played better? Absolutely. But it's no reason to hit the panic button. He'll get more than his share. -- Jenna Laine

Mike Evans caught 5-of-9 targets for 75 yards and two touchdowns in the Bucs' Week 2 win over the Falcons. 

Clearly sensitive to Evans' quiet Week 1, Tom Brady found him for 2/45 on the opening drive. That did not include either of his touchdowns. The first was a three-yarder where he went one way and the DB went the other. The other was a one-yard strike on a fade. Evans had to briefly check out of the game with what appeared to be cramps in the second half, but he missed only a handful of snaps. Troubled by Trevon Diggs in the opener, Evans will be put to the test against Jalen Ramsey in Week 3, making him a low-end WR2. 

Sep 19, 2021, 7:39 PM ET

Mike Evans caught eight of ten targets for 106 yards in the Bucs' Week 3 loss to the Rams. 

Evans did not see shadow coverage from stud CB Jalen Ramsey, and Tom Brady found his big wideout several times wide open after the Rams had taken a commanding lead. Evans, following a disastrous Week 1 outing against Dallas, now has 181 yards and two scores over this past two games. Antonio Brown's return from COVID-19 could hamper Evans' fantasy ceiling in Week 4 against New England.

Mike Evans caught 7-of-12 targets for 75 yards in the Bucs' Week 4 win over the Patriots.

Evans had 55 of his yards in the first half. The Patriots took him away with double coverage over the final two quarters, forcing the Bucs to settle for checkdowns. It's the second straight game with double digit targets for Evans, who has at least 75 yards in 3-of-4 weeks. Evans is likely to draw shadow coverage from Dolphins CB Xavien Howard in Week 5.

Oct 4, 2021, 1:05 AM ET

Mike Evans caught 6-of-8 targets for 113 yards and two touchdowns in the Bucs' Week 5 win over the Dolphins.

Evans had three catches for 52 scoreless yards at halftime but exploded after the break with 34- and 22-yard touchdowns in the fourth quarter to put the Bucs ahead 45-17 in the blowout victory. The 34-yarder was over the top of the defense, and the 22-yard score was a short catch Evans turned up field straight to the end zone. Evans has his second two-touchdown game of the year and has at least 75 yards in four straight games as an every-week WR1 ahead of a Week 6 date with Darius Slay and the Eagles.

Oct 10, 2021, 4:23 PM ET

Mike Evans caught 2-of-4 targets for 27 yards in the Bucs' Week 6 win over the Eagles. 

Drawing a heavy dose of Darius Slay, Evans had his quietest night since his 3/24 Week 1. The dud snapped a string of four-straight 75-yard performances. That's life with Slay on you, and life in a receiver corps where the GOAT quarterback can throw to Chris Godwin and Antonio Brown if you're dealing with tight coverage. The Bears are a middle-of-the-road matchup for Week 7. 

Oct 15, 2021, 12:00 AM ET

Sunday will be Mike Evans 115th career game. Evans has 69 career TD's. If he scores a 70th on Sunday, he'll join Marvin Harrison, Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss, and Jerry Rice as the only WR's to have 8,500 yards and 70 TD's in the first 115 games of their career.

Good company.

Sunday will be Mike Evans 115th career game. Evans has 69 career TD's. If he scores a 70th on Sunday, he'll join Marvin Harrison, Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss, and Jerry Rice as the only WR's to have 8,500 yards and 70 TD's in the first 115 games of their career.

Good company.

Very good player although sometimes it feels like those 69 TDs came in 10 of those games.

Very good player although sometimes it feels like those 69 TDs came in 10 of those games.
I get the joke and like it but, his fantasy ppg this year in my league are

3-4 absolute week winners

2-3 very solid weeks where he likely helped you win

2 "clunkers" but still not total goose eggs. 

this is my first season FINALLY a having a share of Evans (grabbed him in the 5th! Round of a new dynasty start up where I decided to go full on Win Now) and I couldn’t be happier to lock him into a WR slot each week. Love this guy. 

I get the joke and like it but, his fantasy ppg this year in my league are

3-4 absolute week winners

2-3 very solid weeks where he likely helped you win

2 "clunkers" but still not total goose eggs. 

this is my first season FINALLY a having a share of Evans (grabbed him in the 5th! Round of a new dynasty start up where I decided to go full on Win Now) and I couldn’t be happier to lock him into a WR slot each week. Love this guy. 
2 clunkers where he wasn’t thrown at basically. But with everyone else hurt this week he may go for 5TDs this weekend 

I would love to see Tom get the TD #70 ball and throw it in the crowd 

Good company.
How many people have had 8,500 yards and 69 TDs in their first 114 games, and why does an extra game and TD make the feat even more impressive?

I see 114/8,500/69 and say "Noice".

Last edited by a moderator:
tangfoot said:
How many people have had 8,500 yards and 69 TDs in their first 114 games, and why does an extra game and TD make the feat even more impressive?

I see 114/8,500/69 and say "Noice".
1115/8500/70 just sounds more official you know. Like its a bigger deal with nice round numbers.

My favorite Buc ever. Guy is so awesome in the community too. Just an amazing guy from all accounts. 

I am a grown man so I try not to get too fanboy-like but he is one of those guys where if something bad came out about him it would really sting. Like Derrick Brooks. 

Mike Evans caught 6-of-11 targets for 73 yards and one touchdown in the Bucs' Week 11 win over the Giants Monday night.

The Bucs pulled their starters midway through the fourth quarter with a 30-10 lead. Prior to the mass exodus, Evans paced the Bucs with his 11 targets and led the team in receiving. Evans committed a bad drop early in the game deep in his own end that ended up in Adoree' Jackson's arms for an interception. But Evans rebounded and caught a five-yard score in the third quarter, boxing out CB James Bradberry on the pass. It was his 72nd career touchdown, passing Mike Alstott for the most touchdowns in Bucs history. Evans now has 10 touchdowns on the year and six over his last four games. Evans gets a Week 12 date with the Colts as an every-week WR1.

Nov 22, 2021, 11:05 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread