What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marshawn Lynch -- "I'm here so I won't get fined" (1 Viewer)

How did Christine Michael do in the game? Let me check.

This is why you pay your studs. Any questions?

Clearly the people who said dont pay him are new to football.

Rotoworld:

Marshawn Lynch - RB - Seahawks

Marshawn Lynch rushed for 72 yards on 17 carries in Seattle's Week 5 win over Washington, adding five catches for an additional 45 yards and one touchdown.

Lynch missed the opening 65-yard touchdown drive. He was spotted on the stationary bike on the sideline getting a heating pad placed on his lower back. Beast Mode has battled a lingering back issue for some time now, but it wasn't a factor when he entered on the second series. Lynch's touchdown was a nine-yard grab where he simply stepped through a Perry Riley tackle on his way to the end zone. Lynch has now caught a touchdown in three consecutive games. His hands are underrated. Lynch will be a top-end RB1 vs. Dallas next week.

Oct 6 - 11:57 PM

Also, I can't believe someone in here really believes Lynch is more important to the Seahawk's success going forward than Russell Wilson. Do you even pay attention to how replaceable even the best RB's are?
CMike is a special talent.... he will replace him w/ no problem.
Can we revisit this?
Why? We won't know until Michael is given the chance to replace Lynch, probably next year.Weird time for a bump since nothing has changed yet.

Came in to give Lynch props for another great game and was reading through the thread.

Crazy talk to not pay him and highly unlikely that CMike is going to come in and replace what he does every week.

Came in to give Lynch props for another great game and was reading through the thread.

Crazy talk to not pay him and highly unlikely that CMike is going to come in and replace what he does every week.
Camille can't even get on the field to replace Turbin, let alone Lynch.

Rotoworld:

The New York Daily News' Manish Mehta reported Marshawn Lynch "almost did not get on the bus" after learning of the Percy Harvin trade.

The team was informed of the Harvin trade before boarding a bus to the airport for Sunday's game at Saint Louis. Lynch reportedly "went off" before almost not boarding the bus. Lynch, Cliff Avril and Bruce Irvin also voiced displeasure about the move on Twitter. The Seahawks hoped shifting Harvin would remedy issues that had been developing in the locker room, but it appears the trade may have initially done more harm than good. Lynch is still likely to play against the Rams this weekend.

Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter
Oct 18 - 11:27 AM

Rotoworld:

Marshawn Lynch - RB - Seahawks

Coach Pete Carroll confirmed that Marshawn Lynch won't be traded ahead of Tuesday's 4pm ET deadline.

The Seahawks will almost certainly be moving on from Lynch after this season, but trading him when they have Super Bowl aspirations isn't happening. He's still running at an extremely high level, ranking sixth in yards after contact per attempt while posting 26 missed tackles on 111 runs. Game flow will likely be on Lynch's side in Sunday's home game against the Raiders, meaning we can expect his scoring drought to end.

Source: Seattle Times

Oct 28 - 9:24 AM

Rotoworld:

Marshawn Lynch rushed 21 times for 140 yards with a career-high four touchdowns in Sunday's 38-17 Week 10 win over the Giants.

Lynch rotated heavily with Robert Turbin and Christine Michael for much of the first quarter. Then the Seahawks wisely decided to feed the beast. He made a poster by truck-sticking Giants LB Jameel McClain, gobbled up at least 10 carries from inside the 5-yard line and violently shed tacklers for his first 100-yard game since Week 1. Now with six touchdowns in the last two weeks, Lynch will take a ton of momentum into a Week 11 game at Kansas City.

Nov 9 - 7:24 PM

I hope they can figure out a way to keep him in Seattle. Love this guy.
After he almost didn't get on the plane when Harvin was traded, I'm betting they let him walk.
That getting on the plane thing sounded made up. Everyone talks as if he's gone because of the money.

I'm sure people can explain the salary cap issues better than I can, just hope they figure out a way to make it happen.

After he almost didn't get on the plane when Harvin was traded, I'm betting they let him walk.
That getting on the plane thing sounded made up. Everyone talks as if he's gone because of the money.

I'm sure people can explain the salary cap issues better than I can, just hope they figure out a way to make it happen.
If SF kept Frank Gore around for $5.5 at age 31, I don't see why Seattle wouldn't keep Lynch around for $7 at age 29.

That getting on the plane thing sounded made up. Everyone talks as if he's gone because of the money.I'm sure people can explain the salary cap issues better than I can, just hope they figure out a way to make it happen.
If SF kept Frank Gore around for $5.5 at age 31, I don't see why Seattle wouldn't keep Lynch around for $7 at age 29.
John Clayton hosts a radio show in Seattle every Saturday morning and he keeps saying that they have too many players to pay. That was before the Harvin trade so maybe that clears some up.Would be a shame if he walks.

Tool said:
Hooper31 said:
Latest article from Hsu explaining why Seattle won't have a problem keeping both Wilson and Lynch.
it's a tough decision for sure. But their defense has taken a hit this year on depth and their team has been worse b/c of it. i wonder if they really look to put more money to the D.
I fully expect them to invest in their defense. This team is built around a specific philosophy. Run the ball. Play physical defense. Control the clock. Dominate defense is the top priority in that mix IMO.

After resigning Wright and extending Wagner I wouldn't be shocked to see them go after a prime time DT like Suh.

Anyone hesitant to start Lynch this week? I know he's a stud and I'm sure there aren't a ton of owners who have obvious alternatives, but I don't think KC has allowed much RB production this year. And with the SEA passing offense being down right offensive I'm curious how Lynch owners are preparing this week.

Anyone hesitant to start Lynch this week? I know he's a stud and I'm sure there aren't a ton of owners who have obvious alternatives, but I don't think KC has allowed much RB production this year. And with the SEA passing offense being down right offensive I'm curious how Lynch owners are preparing this week.
If you have Jamaal Charles in a start-1 league, definitely start him ahead of Lynch.

Otherwise, don't be a dweeb.

Yeah I think you should bench him for Arian Foster.

If you have Jamaal Charles in a start-1 league, definitely start him ahead of Lynch.

Did you even read the post? I'm simply asking if anyone thinks it's going to be a shaky week for him and is preparing their lineup accordingly. I'm not going to bench him (for Jerrick McKinnon). Just looking to get input from other owners as to their confidence level. Sheesh

Did you even read the post? I'm simply asking if anyone thinks it's going to be a shaky week for him and is preparing their lineup accordingly. I'm not going to bench him (for Jerrick McKinnon). Just looking to get input from other owners as to their confidence level. Sheesh
Disclaimer: I am a Seahawks fan, although I doubt many people around here need that disclaimer.

Having said that, I really see the OC renewing his interest in pounding Marshawn. They've been running a jumbo O-line set with an extra tackle and the FB they acquired when the starter went down is 285 lbs (Will Tukuafu) and seems to just smash people.

In addition to this, I will submit that KC has been stopping the run well but the teams they have played are DEN, MIA, NE, SF, SD, STL, NYJ, and BUF. The bolded teams all average under 102 yards per game rushing, or in other words they are in the bottom half of the league. Seattle averages ~170/game although this is slightly skewed based on Wilson's yardage.

Against the remaining three here's what happened:

@Miami: 141 net rushing yards (season average: 127.6)

@SF: 171 net rushing yards (season average: 122.2)

vs. NYJ: 139 net rushing yards (season average: 140.9)

Something has to give here and my bet is the Chiefs aren't as good of a rush defense as they seem to be due to the teams they have faced.

Confidence level: As high as it gets in fantasy football. Lynch owners (the smart ones, at least) are preparing for this week by putting him in their starting lineup, just like he's been since week 1. In FBG scoring he's outscored the #6 RB by 4 points per game; even in PPR he's 2 points per game above the #6 RB. The only guys who've performed anywhere near his level are Murray, Foster, Forte, and Charles. Unless you have two of those in addition to Lynch, there's really no question about whether you should start him.

The team has attempted to find Lynch's replacement, drafting Robert Turbin and Christine Michael in 2012 and 2013, respectively. However, aside from a few flashes from each, neither back has looked like they could be the workhorse.

"Neither of those guys have turned into franchise backs," Rapoport said of Turbin and Michael. "... I would expect them to target a running back high in the draft. Pay attention to Melvin Gordon, who just set the national rushing record. He's from Wisconsin, (Seahawks GM) John Schneider (is) from Wisconsin ..."

Words are important. The way we use words is even more important. This headline is misleading, and I believe its purposefully misleading. Yes, the author is planning and hoping you're stupid. Its condescending and insulting IMO.

"Seahawks plan" indicates that someone working for the Seahawks has said this, or perhaps even hinted at it. That's a lie. Its an outright fabrication. That said, it could happen. Yes, Seattle could move away from Lynch after this season, but if anything its more likely now that Lynch remains in Seattle after the moved a portion of his salary from next season to this season.

Members of the media as slimey from time to time. The creation of this headline is one of those times.

Users who are viewing this thread