What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (7 Viewers)

@El Floppo

Sounds like Frankie Amaya was just traded to the Red Bulls.  I think you are going to like him.  He was one of my bigger snubs for the Olympic team.
Granted, FCC’s whole initial roster build was a disaster and there wasn’t much around him, but Amaya was a little disappointing to me. I thought he committed a lot of stupid fouls/cards trying to win balls back after he was dispossessed. Plus, he’s tiny, and his production in Cincy hasn’t outshone his lack of physical stature to date.

Maybe that’ll improve with experience and a better cast around him though.

He's a name that keeps getting left off our projections...he has some quality guys ahead of him. But his ceiling is pretty fantastic- regular play for a senior team would push his game (or break it) as needed to take the next step.
I was about to post about him a couple days ago. He had a nice assist in his game with Barca 2. I was going to mention the same thing you just did.

But, like you guys just said, he needs to go somewhere and start getting first team minutes. 

From watching clips of him for a while now, he has some moments of brilliance but he also has a decent amount of negative plays. Gives up the ball too easily when trying stuff. Passing backward instead of forward when it's there.  There's value in that kind of player as is. But I think first team minutes could help refine his game and get him where he could potentially be. 

I was about to post about him a couple days ago. He had a nice assist in his game with Barca 2. I was going to mention the same thing you just did.

But, like you guys just said, he needs to go somewhere and start getting first team minutes. 

From watching clips of him for a while now, he has some moments of brilliance but he also has a decent amount of negative plays. Gives up the ball too easily when trying stuff. Passing backward instead of forward when it's there.  There's value in that kind of player as is. But I think first team minutes could help refine his game and get him where he could potentially be. 
The kid has great ball skills and good quickness and thrives with a little bit of space. The negatives I've seen at senior level is a tendency to lose or not win the ball in tighter spaces (seems easily pushed around) and of course the consistency of decision making that will come with regular senior play.

wow they kept this quiet!

==================

Julian Nagelsmann admits Tyler Adams almost left: "He was dissatisfied in the summer. He was thinking about whether it would be better for him elsewhere. I was able to persuade him to stay. We got together more, also when it comes to the way I think about football."

Some stats on other goal scorers in the Championship and what they eventually sold for.  Dike's situation is complicated because the sample size is small

==================

https://twitter.com/tombogert/status/1380576571937931270?s=20
True, but his goal contributions per minute is higher than all but one of those players.  Shows that the $20M isn't out of bounds in this discussion.  

My biggest hope is that Barnsley themselves get promoted and choose to buy Dike.  We already know that he fits with their style and that they'll play him.  I think it'd be a perfect scenario.

Terrence Boyd became persona non grata amongst the Euro snobs Illuminati.

Yesterday he gave an interview and the interviewer asked him, since he has played at all levels in Germany, from the Bundesliga down to Bundie 3, how MLS compared.

He indicated many of the teams would fit into Bundie 2 but that a handful of the top teams would be solid Bundesliga teams.  He named teams like Toronto (where he played), Seattle, LAFC and some others.

He mentioned that he is transitioning to a part time player status now.  I did see today he scored his 15th league goal of the season which is pretty cool.

He is another what if player.  Never terribly technically gifted but he looked to have everything else until he blew out his knee from which he never recovered his speed.

Terrence Boyd became persona non grata amongst the Euro snobs Illuminati.

Yesterday he gave an interview and the interviewer asked him, since he has played at all levels in Germany, from the Bundesliga down to Bundie 3, how MLS compared.

He indicated many of the teams would fit into Bundie 2 but that a handful of the top teams would be solid Bundesliga teams.  He named teams like Toronto (where he played), Seattle, LAFC and some others.

He mentioned that he is transitioning to a part time player status now.  I did see today he scored his 15th league goal of the season which is pretty cool.

He is another what if player.  Never terribly technically gifted but he looked to have everything else until he blew out his knee from which he never recovered his speed.
Kind of a Zardes-lite.

Solid athleticism, meh skills, and meh soccer-savvy (compared to gyassi). I had moderate hopes for him due to his raw abilities, but they obviously and unfortunately never grew into something more. 

My biggest hope is that Barnsley themselves get promoted and choose to buy Dike.  We already know that he fits with their style and that they'll play him.  I think it'd be a perfect scenario.
Except they'll get beat like a drum in the Prem and Dike would get like 4 touches a game.

That team is on a tear.  They could take the title.
Beating PSG was huge this week. They were level on points heading in, and now up three.

I don't know how many games are left,. And I'd never underestimate PSG...but yeah- they could take it, with Weah being an integral- even if not focal- part of the team.

Yes! 

now please stay healthy.  We know he can play well, he just needs to prove his body can hold up and he is going to get a lot more starts. 
Pulisic starts for Werner:

Tuchel explains why Werner starts on the bench: “It’s to do with form and work-rate, with Timo, we are close to over-using him and there’s no point in doing that.”

One game in, Jozy appears right on schedule

[John Molinaro] "Spoke with Bill Manning today. Tells me Jozy is having an MRI, so we'll see how serious the injury is."

Best game of the season for Pulisic today.  Looked like last summer's version again.  Pinged beautiful passes all game long... should've had 2-3 assists to go with his 2 goals with a little more clinical finishing.  A lucky bounce on one of his two near post redirects and he's on a hat trick.  

Chelsea as a whole looked amazing.   If they had played like this all season, they'd be pushing City for the title.

Real thumping Barça on the counter. It's still early, but coming back from 0-2 isn't easy. 
I posted in the match day thread.

RM look pretty comfortable defending, and very comfortable hitting on the counter.

2nd goal deflected in off of Dest from a Kroos free kick. Really don't know why it was a 4 man wall there...and what Dear was supposed to be doing standing off the wall as a 5th, but solo man.

I posted in the match day thread.

RM look pretty comfortable defending, and very comfortable hitting on the counter.

2nd goal deflected in off of Dest from a Kroos free kick. Really don't know why it was a 4 man wall there...and what Dear was supposed to be doing standing off the wall as a 5th, but solo man.
Dest got yanked at half time.  :(

The announcers I was watching blamed him for the deflected goal because he turned his back.

Premier League USA

@PLinUSA

Most #PL goals by an American

1. Clint Dempsey

2. Brian McBride

3. Roy Wegerle & 𝗖𝗵𝗿𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗮𝗻 𝗣𝘂𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗰

Dest got yanked at half time.  :(

The announcers I was watching blamed him for the deflected goal because he turned his back.
He was floating off the four man wall. Didn't make any sense to me. And yeah, he turned sidewise a bit instead of taking one for the team.

The wall was all wrong though...I wouldn't completely blame him unless he chose to pull off it and stand solo.

This has nothing to do with  professional soccer but I’m so excited right now and you nerds are the only ones that’ll appreciate my story.

I play on an over 45 year old soccer team and I’m the manager of the team.  Our first game is tomorrow and we are desperate for players.  Right now I have 10 yeses and a maybe.  It is looking ugly.

But then like 30 minutes ago I get an email from some random guy from the free agent list about joining the team.  So I look him up and he’s exactly 45 and describes himself as “intermediate” so I’m psyched, that’s way better than what’s usually on the free agent list.  And we chat back and forth about the team and the game and whatever.  And then he sends me this message:

I don't speak english very well...

I am in a Diplomatic Mission for 2 years...

I am from Brazil. I am Brazilian Army Officcer

I am so happy right now I need a hug.

This has nothing to do with  professional soccer but I’m so excited right now and you nerds are the only ones that’ll appreciate my story.

I play on an over 45 year old soccer team and I’m the manager of the team.  Our first game is tomorrow and we are desperate for players.  Right now I have 10 yeses and a maybe.  It is looking ugly.

But then like 30 minutes ago I get an email from some random guy from the free agent list about joining the team.  So I look him up and he’s exactly 45 and describes himself as “intermediate” so I’m psyched, that’s way better than what’s usually on the free agent list.  And we chat back and forth about the team and the game and whatever.  And then he sends me this message:

I don't speak english very well...

I am in a Diplomatic Mission for 2 years...

I am from Brazil. I am Brazilian Army Officcer

I am so happy right now I need a hug.
you can't lose here.

As my Brazilian friend liked to explain to me, all Brazilians boys are brought up the same way.

"You either have the gift or you play defense like your life depended upon it"

Users who are viewing this thread