What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (11 Viewers)

Sarge gets the start on the left of a 4-3-3 that's likely more of a 4-5-1.

I have a feeling this is going to be a bloodbath.

Feel like I've just heard his name for the first time in the last week or so. Has been part of the US system, or is he a dual who grew up in England?
still digging to learn about him.  He looks like a dual though.  He was born in Texas but I am unsure when he moved to England

[Twellman] After a serious competition between suitors, real salt lake have agreed in principle to retain the services of Pablo Mastroeni. Multiple teams were in for his services yet RSL keep their guy.

still digging to learn about him.  He looks like a dual though.  He was born in Texas but I am unsure when he moved to England
Was part of FC Dallas's system.  His dad took him to various training and tryouts in Europe when he was a teen until he was eventually scooped up by Norwich.  He has a contract there until 2024.   He is the current captain of the U23 side as a CB (he was a midfielder in Dallas).

gianmarco said:
Tessman subbed in the 64th minute. And Venezia manages a 1-1 draw with Juve.
Looks like he subbed in for the 6? Dunno if he played there or not. And he's listed as 6'-4. Didn't know that...even if he's likely 6'-1...that's pretty good size.

Busio went 90.

Speaking of Dest, he is not starting today.

I think Barca is going to have to sell before they can buy as they are basically broke and Chelsea is going to want close to their money back for Pulisic.
not sure how trading players affects the books, but there's been a lot of talk about shipping off Dembele....no?

Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta

Lille manager Jocelyn Gourvennec on the thigh injury to #USMNT attacker Tim Weah. “It is an injury that is not trivial. We have not yet set a return date but he is recovering well. It takes time to heal

• Sad
Reactions: Ned
Saw some article out of Italy referenced saying with the title out of reach, Juve looking to clear house of high wage players to start fresh with Allegri guys. Ramsey and Arthur for sure, but would "begrudgingly" part with Swag since his value has appreciated since his arrival...even though Allegri by all accounts rates him.

• Thinking
NewlyRetired said:
oh thank god.  5 years too late but finally!  Never do something this dumb again US Soccer, please.....

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2021/12/us-soccer-statement-on-nwsl-allocation
So what players get to vote on the CBA? It seems like it is an ever changing pool. I mean with the NFL it is easy, all current contracted NFL players make up the union, I am guessing someone like Colin Kaepernick that has been out for several years and not under contract has no vote. But do USMNT players have a contract? I mean take Jozy he hasn't played since that failed WCQ but it's not out of reason to think he could've been called into this next camp for a swan song. Do the first time invites to the December camp get a vote? Do you have to have played a CAP tying game in the past 24 months?

:popcorn:

===============

Manuel Veth

@ManuelVeth

Per source. Still some debate on what is going to happen with Caden Clark this winter. #RBLeipzig wants him to play. Also, and this is related, Brenden Aaronson is seen as “Leipzig ready.”
I dont' think Caden is ready, tbh- but would be cool for him to hang with Tyler for a bit to get acclimated. unless Adams gets traded.

I dont' think Caden is ready, tbh- but would be cool for him to hang with Tyler for a bit to get acclimated. unless Adams gets traded.
I read that completely opposite from you.  I thought when it said RBL wants him to play, that RBL was saying he needs playing time, as in a loan, instead of sitting on their bench, or not even dressing which I agree with.

Jack De Vries gets his first chance to dress for Venezia today in a Cup match.  Tessman and Busio are on bench to start the game as well.

• Smile
Here is a fun stat for Busio.

If and when he plays exactly 7 more minutes in a Serie A game, it will be the most league minutes he has ever played as a pro...and it is still only December....

I don't know who had Scally and Busio as the two guys commanding the most minutes in a big 5 league this year but kudos if you did :)

It is amazing how close we could have been to having both Davies and David together.  That team in 2026 when they all came into their prime together could have been scary good.
,.......Steffen/Turner

Dest, Miles, Zimm, Davies

.............Adams

.......Musah, Swag

Buchanon/Gio, David, CP

and I kinda know some of the other canucks, but I don't know which were also eligible for the US?

eta: and I stole Buchanon there... no idea if he's even US eligible. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom Bogert

@tombogert

Colorado Rapids homegrown and US youth int'l forward Darren Yapi is training with Arsenal, per a source. Both Yapi and Rapids/USYNT teammate Dantouma 'Yaya' Toure are with the U23s. Yapi, who just turned 17, previously trained with Club Brugge while Toure was with Rangers.

Lletget moves east while Nips may move west

==============

Roger Gonzalez

@RGonzalezCBS

Hearing the LA Galaxy are looking to trade for #USMNT and D.C. United winger Paul Arriola.

had no idea he was still coaching. 

not the most illustrious US coach... but happy pastures to him.
he also had the worst situation possible to deal with.  And he did so in complete secret.   Obviously it was easier back then to cover things up but he still handled it as best he could.

Nice!

==================

The American Outlaws

@AmericanOutlaws

Those of you who managed to get through crushed our ticket allotment. The section is sold out. Here's plan B: The general sale opens FRIDAY at 10 AM EST. Let's take over Tim Hortons Field.

Nice!

==================

The American Outlaws

@AmericanOutlaws

Those of you who managed to get through crushed our ticket allotment. The section is sold out. Here's plan B: The general sale opens FRIDAY at 10 AM EST. Let's take over Tim Hortons Field.
that would be great to get a good presence up there- wish I could go.

with the David talk yesterday, was thinking about Canada. They've set themselves up extremely well for Concacaf. Some good to great players that can beat a team on speed and skills. The rest willing to do all the dirty work, including lots and lots of hacking. Of any team I've seen, they've best taken advantage over the change in reffing over challenging from behind. 

I don't see the US doing that dirty work just yet. 

that would be great to get a good presence up there- wish I could go.

with the David talk yesterday, was thinking about Canada. They've set themselves up extremely well for Concacaf. Some good to great players that can beat a team on speed and skills. The rest willing to do all the dirty work, including lots and lots of hacking. Of any team I've seen, they've best taken advantage over the change in reffing over challenging from behind. 

I don't see the US doing that dirty work just yet. 
I agree, we are not blessed/cursed with almost any players who can play concacaffy.  Miazga is really the only guy who has it in his blood and he is not in the picture for now.

Users who are viewing this thread