What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pot smokers (6 Viewers)

Oh did a bong once and got the crazy spins so never doing that again.
were you drunk when you did this?

a few years back, a HS buddy that I hadn't seen in years came into town. we went to a local bar, got a nice buzz, then went home to hang out and do bong hits. worst spins I've ever had but they wouldn't have happened if I wasn't drunk.

a few years back, a HS buddy that I hadn't seen in years came into town. we went to a local bar, got a nice buzz, then went home to hang out and do bong hits. worst spins I've ever had but they wouldn't have happened if I wasn't drunk.
no maybe one or two beers. Honestly I think it was just a lot for someone with low tolerance like myself. Worst feeling ever.

Buckfast, give me some weed shopping advice for my Colorado vacation. We're arriving at Denver airport at 10:30 am on a Saturday. The plan is to go to one (or more) dispensaries before continuing on to our destination (Breckenridge). Here are my questions:

1) Are there particular places that are better that I should especially seek out? I don't really want to drive all over Denver for four hours, but I'd rather go to a place that's better rather than just one that's convenient.

2) Do they still have limits on the amount of edibles you can buy and if so, do you know what the limits are? We'll only be there a week, so it's not like we need a ridiculous amount, but my wife prefers edibles to smoking, so she's probably going to want one or two per day. And I'll probably try some too, especially if we go places where smoking is impractical.

3) Do any of the places have some sort of "sampler" package where I can get small amounts of lots of different strains? I'm excited to try new and different stuff but I only have a week so I can't really buy normal amounts of more than one strain without being incredibly wasteful.

I probably have more questions but can't think of them now.
1. There are two places that I like that are right off of I-70 on the way to the mountains from the airport. One is the Green Solution (at 4400 Grape St. off of the Dahlia/Holly/Monaco exit), which offers a really nice buying experience with a good selection of strains with Ipads that contain all the relevant info for each strain (strain type, indica/sativa, THC/CBD percentages, etc.) as well as very helpful budtenders. That is where I take my out-of-town visitors. I also like Dank (which is located at 3835 Elm St. off the same exit as Green Solution). Both Green Solution and Dank have a nice selection of edibles. Both of those dispensaries are located in a kind of weird industrial park area of Denver, but they are very conveniently located to the interstate on your way to the mountains.2. There is a limit that you can buy at one time, but I think it varies a bit with edibles. I'm actually not sure exactly how that works. I think you should be able to purchase a sufficient amount of edibles. They don't track your daily purchases in any sort of online system, so you could always make two stops if you wished. There is also a dispensary up in Breckenridge, so you could always make a second stop there if necessary. However, I would recommend stocking up in Denver before going to the mountains just because there is a better selection and cheaper prices.

3. I haven't seen a sampler package, but you can buy small amounts such as a gram at any of the places I told you about. I would recommend getting a gram of a couple different strains, so that you can expereince the difference between indicas and sativas. If you are doing something active and outdoorsy up in the mountains, then you should use a sativa. If you are sitting around and relaxing at night, I would recommend an indica.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Nice info.

Asked my wife last night, and I guess we are going to Fort Collins for her conferences. Thought she said that was about an hour outside of Denver?

My follow up questions:

1. how nuts have the airports gotten with security now?

2. What are the smoking rules out there? Is it just flat out legal so you can stand outside the hotel and smoke, or is it basically you have to do it at home or at the store?
Yeah Ft. Collins is an hour or so north of Denver. Not sure you can buy it there. No you can't smoke it out in public legally. Will need to find a place more private.

Buckfast, give me some weed shopping advice for my Colorado vacation. We're arriving at Denver airport at 10:30 am on a Saturday. The plan is to go to one (or more) dispensaries before continuing on to our destination (Breckenridge). Here are my questions:

1) Are there particular places that are better that I should especially seek out? I don't really want to drive all over Denver for four hours, but I'd rather go to a place that's better rather than just one that's convenient.

2) Do they still have limits on the amount of edibles you can buy and if so, do you know what the limits are? We'll only be there a week, so it's not like we need a ridiculous amount, but my wife prefers edibles to smoking, so she's probably going to want one or two per day. And I'll probably try some too, especially if we go places where smoking is impractical.

3) Do any of the places have some sort of "sampler" package where I can get small amounts of lots of different strains? I'm excited to try new and different stuff but I only have a week so I can't really buy normal amounts of more than one strain without being incredibly wasteful.

I probably have more questions but can't think of them now.
1. There are two places that I like that are right off of I-70 on the way to the mountains from the airport. One is the Green Solution (at 4400 Grape St. off of the Dahlia/Holly/Monaco exit), which offers a really nice buying experience with a good selection of strains with Ipads that contain all the relevant info for each strain (strain type, indica/sativa, THC/CBD percentages, etc.) as well as very helpful budtenders. That is where I take my out-of-town visitors. I also like Dank (which is located at 3835 Elm St. off the same exit as Green Solution). Both Green Solution and Dank have a nice selection of edibles. Both of those dispensaries are located in a kind of weird industrial park area of Denver, but they are very conveniently located to the interstate on your way to the mountains.2. There is a limit that you can buy at one time, but I think it varies a bit with edibles. I'm actually not sure exactly how that works. I think you should be able to purchase a sufficient amount of edibles. They don't track your daily purchases in any sort of online system, so you could always make two stops if you wished. There is also a dispensary up in Breckenridge, so you could always make a second stop there if necessary. However, I would recommend stocking up in Denver before going to the mountains just because there is a better selection and cheaper prices.

3. I haven't seen a sampler package, but you can buy small amounts such as a gram at any of the places I told you about. I would recommend getting a gram of a couple different strains, so that you can expereince the difference between indicas and sativas. If you are doing something active and outdoorsy up in the mountains, then you should use a sativa. If you are sitting around and relaxing at night, I would recommend an indica.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Nice info.

Asked my wife last night, and I guess we are going to Fort Collins for her conferences. Thought she said that was about an hour outside of Denver?

My follow up questions:

1. how nuts have the airports gotten with security now?

2. What are the smoking rules out there? Is it just flat out legal so you can stand outside the hotel and smoke, or is it basically you have to do it at home or at the store?
Yeah Ft. Collins is an hour or so north of Denver. Not sure you can buy it there. No you can't smoke it out in public legally. Will need to find a place more private.
MJ-friendly B&B near Fort Collins.

Yea, it's been my experience that weed after booze = awful - it ruins both.

Having a beer or two after a hit works ok, though.

enjoyable for me, prefer it at times on the weekend

Is this the footbowlguys thread?
Set us up the strain draft.1.01 WHITE RHINO
1.02 Girl Scout Cookie
1.03 Skywalker OG
1.04 Blueberry Kush
1.05 Schwag
1.06 Northern Lights

Is it wrong that I'm 45 and just starting at this? I mean, I smoked a few times when I was younger, but am looking at it from a medicinal/relaxation/alcohol substitute point of view now. :oldunsure:
NL is kind of low grade these days. Its best quality is that it doesn't smell a lot so you can grow it without anyone entering your house knowing about it the second they walk in the door.
NL was the mother strain that was cross bred in almost all of the cutting edge strains out of amsterdam in the 80s and 90s. hybrid with high yeilds that lent itself well to indoor growing. most of the strains out today are descendents of NL and other humboldt-mendo strains of the 70s and 80s.

jwb said:
jomar said:
shadyridr said:

I suffer this same problem. Last week was having drinks at the pool all afternoon with a chick, then a couple puffs on her one hitter and I was done. It went from "going to be soaking the walls soon" to having to text her from 10 feet away to communicate because my brain was spinning so fast my verbal skills couldnt keep up. Needless to say there was no soaking. :bag:

Seems like an expensive habit.

How much do you guys spend per month?
Most steady smokers who are gainfully employed will use about 1-2 grams a day, say 1 on a week night, 2 on the weekend days.

I don't know that it is cheaper than booze but an alcoholic can easily blow thru a bottle in a night or two, steady drinkers who can handle maybe a bottle a week. But it's the next day where marijauna distances itself. The hangover or awful feeling the next day from drinking is brutal. No hangover with weed IMO. I've almost given up alcohol completely.

It certainly is a $3k-$5k habit a year for some folks.

lakerstan said:
Noob question.....44 years old, never tried weed, but would like to (next stop in Denver?). What could a clean living boy like me be able to equate being high to? A couple drinks of alcohol? Coming out of general anesthesia? Hopped up on pain killers?

My ultimate goal would be to try a hallucinogenic like shrooms, but I don't have any drug dealing friends.
I think this is very difficult to answer. It's not at all like any other drug I have ever done. There is a euphoric feeling that is hard to describe. Its weird that I have never thought of how to explain what a pot high feels like.

lakerstan said:
Noob question.....44 years old, never tried weed, but would like to (next stop in Denver?). What could a clean living boy like me be able to equate being high to? A couple drinks of alcohol? Coming out of general anesthesia? Hopped up on pain killers?

My ultimate goal would be to try a hallucinogenic like shrooms, but I don't have any drug dealing friends.
I think this is very difficult to answer. It's not at all like any other drug I have ever done. There is a euphoric feeling that is hard to describe. Its weird that I have never thought of how to explain what a pot high feels like.
1st time he/she might not like it, in fact you are likely to cough a bit and think this is not great, light headed, possibly sick, not kidding.

But the 2nd time it changes a lot. And the 3rd gets even better. And by the 4th or 5th time you know how to pack a bowl or roll a J and you can jut relax and enjoy the smoke. I do think 1st time you should stay in the shallow end and try something along the lines of Charlotte's Web which will still pack a punch but isn't gonna send you into a deep hard mental vibe your 1st time out.

Very rare now I try a strand that makes me so high I gotta sit down, usually takes me at least 1-2 bowls of whatever it is to reach the level I want. Would be good to perhaps set it aside for a few months but I haven't been that motivated ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like an expensive habit.

How much do you guys spend per month?
Most steady smokers who are gainfully employed will use about 1-2 grams a day, say 1 on a week night, 2 on the weekend days. I don't know that it is cheaper than booze but an alcoholic can easily blow thru a bottle in a night or two, steady drinkers who can handle maybe a bottle a week. But it's the next day where marijauna distances itself. The hangover or awful feeling the next day from drinking is brutal. No hangover with weed IMO. I've almost given up alcohol completely.

It certainly is a $3k-$5k habit a year for some folks.
I smoke basically every day. A half ounce costs me $150 and will last almost 6 months. 99% of my smoking is done out of a 'oney-bat' so no waste at all. That's $300 year and I can get high every day.

Of course I'll run through it a little more quickly if I'm sharing with friends....

got_nugs said:
Daily for a decade+. Quit for 5/6 years. Currently 2x/week, a rip or 2 of funk has my peen in the dirt. I still use a Roor. My brother owned a heady outside of Tallahassee and has a wide assortment of devices, prefers the vaporizer.

Mid 30s. Frustrated that we're nowhere close to legal in my state.
What does "my peen in the dirt" mean?

lakerstan said:

1st time he/she might not like it, in fact you are likely to cough a bit and think this is not great, light headed, possibly sick, not kidding.

But the 2nd time it changes a lot. And the 3rd gets even better. And by the 4th or 5th time you know how to pack a bowl or roll a J and you can jut relax and enjoy the smoke. I do think 1st time you should stay in the shallow end and try something along the lines of Charlotte's Web which will still pack a punch but isn't gonna send you into a deep hard mental vibe your 1st time out.

Very rare now I try a strand that makes me so high I gotta sit down, usually takes me at least 1-2 bowls of whatever it is to reach the level I want. Would be good to perhaps set it aside for a few months but I haven't been that motivated ;)
Yeah first time kind of sucks a bit for most people. They either get nothing or they get too much.

And it can vary from strands, people, situations, etc. in general, it is relaxing and mentally stimulating. Everything seems more interesting and focus greatly increases...although there are moments where you go totally blank and lose your entire train of thought. You see the world different and make looser associations/connections which is the creative end of the drug, also can change people's outlook or world view. One major difference from other drugs is that you can't really overdo it. You get buzzed or really damn high, but there is no threshold that is too far or dangerous. If you get way too high, you are just going to sit on the couch for a long time and listen to music that never sounded better and is full of new meaning...or have the most peaceful nap of your life and wake up feeling great. Another huge difference is that it doesn't impair your decision making. You won't do or say things that you later regret, you won't blackout, you won't become reckless. If anything, I became much more cautious when I got high.

Oh man I love the stone you get from shrooms. Its been way too long since I had some

I smoke it whenever its going around at a party or when golfing usually. Nothing better than launching a rocket on the course!

Went out drinking on Saturday night with the girl, woke up Sunday and we were both a little hungover. Had a smoke, watched some tv, yadda yadda yadda, took an epic nap and woke up late in the morning feeling great :thumbup:

Went out drinking on Saturday night with the girl, woke up Sunday and we were both a little hungover. Had a smoke, watched some tv, yadda yadda yadda, took an epic nap and woke up late in the morning feeling great :thumbup:
Yeah, it's the best hangover cure in the world.

I'm one of those weird ones who doesn't smoke pot because it's illegal. I actually would like to at least try it and decide if I like it or not. I'm pro legalizing pot for many reasons. But until that happens in my state it's not worth the headache of the sneaking and lying, and that constant nagging fear that you could get arrested. I have no ethical problem whit pot whatsoever, but for me it's just easier to sit this one out and let other people fight to get it legalized. Too much of a headache.

I'm one of those weird ones who doesn't smoke pot because it's illegal. I actually would like to at least try it and decide if I like it or not. I'm pro legalizing pot for many reasons. But until that happens in my state it's not worth the headache of the sneaking and lying, and that constant nagging fear that you could get arrested. I have no ethical problem whit pot whatsoever, but for me it's just easier to sit this one out and let other people fight to get it legalized. Too much of a headache.
Grow a set of balls Walter White.

Grow a set of balls Walter White.
Nah, I'd have to take them out of your wife's mouth first.

For you guys who smoke and go to the gym, what's the benefit? Is it mostly to help with boredom while working out?

I did that once and was at half speed/power the whole time. Guess it works for some, though.
Sometimes I'll get on an exercise bike after a hit which can be enjoyable, but nothing involving coordination. It's exactly like you say, pushups take twice as long and feel twice as hard, or at least it's that way in my mind.

TenTimes said:
For you guys who smoke and go to the gym, what's the benefit? Is it mostly to help with boredom while working out?
Increases focus IMO. Just like playing video games or listening to music, you can really zone in on it.

TenTimes said:
Increases focus IMO. Just like playing video games or listening to music, you can really zone in on it.
I'd love to be able to decrease focus on my arms while doing pushups, I don't want to feel my arms when doing them. Gain without the pain :thumbup:

TenTimes said:
I'd love to be able to decrease focus on my arms while doing pushups, I don't want to feel my arms when doing them. Gain without the pain :thumbup:
It doesn't focus on the pain so much as the focus on the task, becoming absorbed in it to the point where you aren't thinking about it. "The zone", lose track of time.

TenTimes said:
It doesn't focus on the pain so much as the focus on the task, becoming absorbed in it to the point where you aren't thinking about it. "The zone", lose track of time.
I haven't been in the zone in probably 5 years :lmao: maybe this is what I've been missing?Between this and becoming Master of my Domain, soon I'm going to need a crash test wife :flex:

TenTimes said:
Definitely get in the zone while high. Playing any sport while high, I'm a beast. Then the high starts to wear off....

I haven't smoke in a long, long time. I used to call a guy or two and get the average stuff.... get a bit high and have a night. Now, I'm comatose if I take 2 hits and wondering where I'm at for at least 30 minutes off one hit. I don't care for the new stuff.

TenTimes said:
Definitely get in the zone while high. Playing any sport while high, I'm a beast. Then the high starts to wear off....
And you realize you're still in your boxers on the couch eating doritos and drooling on your Xbox controller.

I haven't smoke in a long, long time. I used to call a guy or two and get the average stuff.... get a bit high and have a night. Now, I'm comatose if I take 2 hits and wondering where I'm at for at least 30 minutes off one hit. I don't care for the new stuff.
yeah, as i get older i've found i enjoy the less intense stuff where i don't completely lose my mind. just a nice relaxing high that elevates the mood is where it's at.

yeah, as i get older i've found i enjoy the less intense stuff where i don't completely lose my mind. just a nice relaxing high that elevates the mood is where it's at.
Definitely just part of getting older. I used to like to take shots and chug beers, stay up all night and see how drunk I can get. Now, I lm much happier having a beer or two while reading a book.

People go to the gym after getting stoned? That's ridiculous. I'd have a horrible workout in that condition. If I'm going to be taking something before the gym, it would be something ephedra based. The weed is for after the workout.

People go to the gym after getting stoned? That's ridiculous. I'd have a horrible workout in that condition. If I'm going to be taking something before the gym, it would be something ephedra based. The weed is for after the workout.
I don't even like going surfing or skiing baked. Much prefer to indulge afterwards.

The thing about pot is the more you smoke the less it takes. It isn't like coke where you keep chasing that first high. I smoke decent stuff but I don't buy the high end sour diesel and all that these days. Don't need to. Decent gets me there.

No way I would exercise while being high. That can be dangerous for your heart. When you're high, your heart rate already increases anywhere from 20 to 100 percent. And you're gonna strain your heart even more? Seems dumb.

TenTimes said:
And you realize you're still in your boxers on the couch eating doritos and drooling on your Xbox controller.
pfft... Xbox... Lol. But in all seriousness, me and my buddy played football every Saturday back in college (usually between 8 on 8 and 11 on 11, full tackle) and we would usually smoke a blunt of some super goodies on the way to the field. I would be tearing around the field for the first 45 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread