What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pot smokers (2 Viewers)

There's a lot of excess marijuana in New York State that currently has nowhere to go. 200 growers, and only 23 dispensaries so far to sell it to.
https://www.newsweek.com/weed-farmers-remain-stuck-surplus-supply-marijuana-1855862

I don't know why some states have such a difficult time setting up their legal marijuana market (or allowing vendors to do part of the setting up), and other states do it so easily. In Maryland's first 6 months of legal recreational marijuana sales things are going just fine. NY seems to be stumbling.
Too many rules and beauricratic nonsense in NY. I finally went to the dispensary where I live in Staten Island. Took 2 years to open.
Yeah, I'm surprised to see NY stumbling over NY while legalizing it, yet MD which is famous for bureaucratic logjams got it up and running easily and sensibly. MD predicted $1 billion in sales in the first year, and they hit $800 million in the first 6 months. There are currently 96 dispensaries authorized for recreational use, with another 100 being allowed this summer and another 100 the following summer. The 2 I've been to are very well run; I'm actually impressed.

I've been smoking more flower than vapes lately, and I discovered something that makes life better when smoking out of a glass bowl - Smojo "permanent" screens. Pretty nifty idea.

Also, Glass screens are a thing, which I never knew. I've been using brass screens forever and they're always a PITA. Gonna try both types and see which I like better.

I've only been using the metal screen for a couple of days and it has yet to clog or get gummed up...well see how long it takes and how easy they are to clean.

Just a heads up for those that like myself are apparently living under a rock and aren't up to date with the latest screen tech.

Last edited:
I've been smoking more flower than vapes lately, and I discovered something that makes life better when smoking out of a glass pipe - Smojo "permanent" screens. Pretty nifty idea.

Also, Glass screens are a thing, which I never knew. I've been using brass screens forever and they're always a PITA. Gonna try both types and see which I like better.

I've only been using the metal screen for a couple of days and it has yet to clog or get gummed up...well see how long it takes and how easy they are to clean.

Just a heads up for those that like myself are apparently living under a rock and aren't up to date with the latest screen tech.

Check this toy out

Funny how after 30 years of smoking I've come full circle back to using a wooden pipe and handrolled doobs. Tried it all, from vapes to giant bongs, from shatter to wax to live resin and now, firmly back in analog flower.

Similar story here. I bought a dugout a few months ago (Dugout Dynasty) and use it all the time now. It brought back some old memories. I was at an old friend's house in Madison WI a couple weeks ago. He's in his 60's and retired. We went down to his basement for a smoke and he pulled out a 2 foot Gaphics. I definitely hadn't seen one of those since college - probably his and probably the same one ...

I've been smoking more flower than vapes lately, and I discovered something that makes life better when smoking out of a glass bowl - Smojo "permanent" screens. Pretty nifty idea.

I've seen those ceramic jack things before and they look like I'd lose them every time. Regular old screens work for me and they're like 3 cents each.

Funny how after 30 years of smoking I've come full circle back to using a wooden pipe and handrolled doobs. Tried it all, from vapes to giant bongs, from shatter to wax to live resin and now, firmly back in analog flower.

Similar story here. I bought a dugout a few months ago (Dugout Dynasty) and use it all the time now. It brought back some old memories. I was at an old friend's house in Madison WI a couple weeks ago. He's in his 60's and retired. We went down to his basement for a smoke and he pulled out a 2 foot Gaphics. I definitely hadn't seen one of those since college - probably his and probably the same one ...

LOL - we used call those Pinch Hitters back in the 70s!!

love the baseball bat shape

ETA: though I have taken in more than my share of burning debris with those things - especially dangerous when you get down to the end of the baggie and have a lot of dust.

Last edited:

Same. I like my glass pipe once in awhile, but mostly roll joints. Well, roll is not the right word (I was never good at it) - I use the paper cones, which makes it really easy. I have a little a little metal tube I bought on Amazon to hold them - take a hit or two, put it in the tube, it goes right out ready for the next hit.

I've seen those ceramic jack things before and they look like I'd lose them every time. Regular old screens work for me and they're like 3 cents each.
Since trying the metal one that kinda snaps into the bowl hole, I didnt bother checking out the glass ones because the metal ones are awesome. I've been smoking thru one for about 10 days and haven't had to clean it, it doesnt get clogged and it can't fall out.

This is what it looks like after 10 days of daily smoking vs a new one. It'll be interesting to see how long it lasts before I have to replace it, but I can't see going back to the old school screens.

Pic

Same. I like my glass pipe once in awhile, but mostly roll joints. Well, roll is not the right word (I was never good at it) - I use the paper cones, which makes it really easy. I have a little a little metal tube I bought on Amazon to hold them - take a hit or two, put it in the tube, it goes right out ready for the next hit.

I never like rolling joints the traditional way either and learned to roll cones when I studied abroad in college. Been doing it ever since but always got funny looks when making the cones and needed some sort of device to stuff the product. Seems to be more mainstream now. Love those RAW containers of cones (and similar products) for their convenience and all the different sizes offered but I normally just do it manually. If you want a cone like Backwood blunt, Slapwoods do that.

Reactions: jwb
Good God, ounces of 29% THC flower are going for $30 today in Oregon. Thirty.
I got some top shelf at 30% off on Saturday. I don't know how the zoning laws work and I'm not sure how all of these dispensaries stay in business. There were four or five dispensaries that I could drive to in less than five minutes from my house. As of last week there is now one ON MY BLOCK!

Users who are viewing this thread