What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Recently viewed movie thread - Rental Edition (7 Viewers)

The Searchers - 7.5/10

Yes, John Wayne CAN act. It really is an excellent western.

I watched a DVD from the library. Really should have found a BluRay.

The Searchers - 7.5/10

Yes, John Wayne CAN act. It really is an excellent western.

I watched a DVD from the library. Really should have found a BluRay.
That is a surprisingly low rating IMO. That move is in the rare collection of perfect movies IMO. The opening and final shots are the greatest ever filmed. 

That is a surprisingly low rating IMO. That move is in the rare collection of perfect movies IMO. The opening and final shots are the greatest ever filmed. 
 The humor was funny but unnecessary, as was the romantic subplot. It makes the film unnecessarily ponderous at times. 

But westerns suck. 
When you grow up and become a man, you will like them. 

I kid. I shouldn't be a western fan. I don't like guns- never even held a real one. I hate camping and don't care for the outdoors save for grilling, drinking and playing basketball. Yet I love me a good old western about some Confederate Rebel shooting people and riding horses in bum#### Wyoming. 

When you grow up and become a man, you will like them. 

I kid. I shouldn't be a western fan. I don't like guns- never even held a real one. I hate camping and don't care for the outdoors save for grilling, drinking and playing basketball. Yet I love me a good old western about some Confederate Rebel shooting people and riding horses in bum#### Wyoming. 
I have really liked a few, but they are probably less on the western end of the spectrum and more on the drama side like The Man Shot Liberty Balance or Unforgiven. 

In general, Westerns and Musicals are by far my least favorite genres. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have really liked a few, but they are probably less on the western end of the spectrum and more on the drama side like The Man Shot Liberty Balance or Unforgiven. 

In general, Westerns and Musicals are by far my least favorite genres. 
First time I ever heard Westerns and Musicals grouped together.  :shock:

Atomic Blonde was great...love the 80s soundtrack and good fight scenes.  Lesbo action was a nice touch as well.

4/5 for me.

Tommy's Honour

The story of father and son, Old Tommy Morris and Young Tommy Morris, the so-called founders of modern day golf.

It was ok.  Slow paced.  Interesting if you're into the history of golf.  Production equivalent was just a step above a "Disney Movie of the Week." 

Back To The Future 3 - 6/10

Finally watched it for the first time yesterday. Could have lived without doing so. Where the second was just awful, this one was just plain dull.

I adore BTTF1 and I really like BTTF2 but the story was over. There was no need at all for the 3rd film. It's totally out of place. 
I thought all three movies were garbage right after Doc Brown’s awesome line... “when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious ####”

Watched I, Tonya yesterday

Better than expected. Great acting, hilarious at times, mixing in the interviews only added to it and was not overdone. Very good soundtrack. My wife really liked it, too.

As much as I like Francis McDormand's acting, I think Robbie should have won the Best Actress Oscar for it. Janney was amazing.

It's wild how much the message of a film can change with time. They Live was likely made as a repudiation of yuppies and the conservative Reagan government. Now it plays as an anti-liberal, don't trust the media Deep State pizzagate movie. All the fringe conspiracy theorists are being persecuted by the intolerant left. 

And don't @ me about keeping politics out of this thread. You can't discuss the work of Roddy Piper without getting political.

Went to an advanced screening of Rampage in 3D last night.
Pros: Lots of  :excited: :shock: :boxing: :lol: :lmao:   :eek: :towelwave: :lol:   :wolf: :tebow: :crazy:

Cons: Cheesy dialog written by 3rd graders.

Verdict: A ton of fun with every building getting smashed.

Went to an advanced screening of Rampage in 3D last night.
Pros: Lots of  :excited: :shock: :boxing: :lol: :lmao:   :eek: :towelwave: :lol:   :wolf: :tebow: :crazy:

Cons: Cheesy dialog written by 3rd graders.

Verdict: A ton of fun with every building getting smashed.
I'm back and forth on seeing this..

On one hand, it looks cheesy as hell :mellow:

On the other hand....    IT LOOKS CHEESY AS HELL!!! :excited:

:oldunsure:

Whenever I hear people complaining about the quality of movies they are subjected to in the theater I think of you guys spending hard earned bucks on stuff like Rampage.  ;)

Whenever I hear people complaining about the quality of movies they are subjected to in the theater I think of you guys spending hard earned bucks on stuff like Rampage.  ;)
$5 Tuesday's with free popcorn with a pop purchase allows me to see many "quality" movies like Rampage. ;)

I'm 4 episodes into part 2 of Money Heist and still really enjoying it.  The burglars are barely holding it together.

also, Tokyo (Úrsula Corberó) has a really nice ### :wub:

I spent a lot more on the video game back in the 80's than I would at the movie theater now.  It had to be one of the dumbest games I ever played, but I still have fond memories of playing it at the bowling alley near my house.

Users who are viewing this thread