What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (22 Viewers)

Explain it to me.  Also, I don't think I have enough storage on POS work iphone to download it.
Spotify is like a giant music library/repository. You can use it for free, which means you have to listen to commercials and limits some of your capabilities on a phone or tablet, or pay $10/month for no commercials and better capabilities on portable device.

You can search for your favorite artists, and listen to whatever you want: albums, "radio" based on that artist- their songs and music that sounds like them. Each band shows related artists, which you can jump to. Best part, imo (and what separates it from Pandora IIRC) is that you can grab as many songs as you like and put them into your own playlists... Like making mixtapes. This is endless, song or playlist-wise.

Spotify has algorithms that learn your taste and then generate weekly playlists for you... These are usually scarily spot on, providing lots of new music to your ears. It has a "Discover" section.. Since you listened to the Carpenters, you'll like a, b,c etc. Also has weekly playlist of albums and songs that have just been released, based on your taste.

This is all just scratching the surface. It's really easy to use and will bring you all the music you want and more. Again... I think of myself as a music nerd, but after my kids were born and radio stations started disappearing, Spotify has brought me back into a very nerdy and comfy place- a genuine game changer.

But you have to be able to download it.

Download I (heart) Radio and listen to KCRW, specifically Morning Becomes Eclectic. They also have a Spotify playlist if you go that route. I get overwhelmed by all the new, good music they play.
This is also a good post.

That said, there are also a lot of kcrw playlists on Spotify. I used to listen to the MBE one daily (kcrw used to make these daily on Spotify, but unfortunately now they're DJ or fan generated and more sporadic)

Eta... And advantage of Spotify being that I could grab the songs I liked and put them in my own playlists to listen to whenever I like.

Should mention... you're not downloading songs to own. They go into a playlist that's only accessible through the app.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is also a good post.

That said, there are also a lot of kcrw playlists on Spotify. I used to listen to the MBE one daily (kcrw used to make these daily on Spotify, but unfortunately now they're DJ or fan generated and more sporadic)

Eta... And advantage of Spotify being that I could grab the songs I liked and put them in my own playlists to listen to whenever I like.

Should mention... you're not downloading songs to own. They go into a playlist that's only accessible through the app.

Now that they have The Beatles, are there any big artists they don't have?

ETA:  Spotify I mean.

feel like there are the occasional holes, but they've gotten just about everybody over the last couple years.
I am not a big Tool fan, but Tool is a pretty big band that isn't on Spotify.

Interestingly, both Cracker and Camper van Beethoven are on Spotify, despite the fact that David Lowery is a very vocal critic of the way all online streaming services calculate royalties and pays artist. 

***ACTIVATE SHAVING CHAT***

anyone using these Harry's razors?

i've been a Sensor Excel man since i was old enough to shave but am intrigued by the sight of Harry's kits at Target.  how much different is the experience with these new swivel head razors?  

i've got a beard, a manly, full, salt & pepper work of art and i don't want to #### it up.

mr. furley said:

i've been a Sensor Excel man since i was old enough to shave but am intrigued by the sight of Harry's kits at Target.  how much different is the experience with these new swivel head razors?  

i've got a beard, a manly, full, salt & pepper work of art and i don't want to #### it up.
I've never used the razor's you ask about mr. f, but with my beard, I use an electric trimmer to cut/trim the areas along the beard line; then follow up with a blade razor for the rest.

This has saved me a lot of frustration over the years after f'ing up the lines with a blade razor and shaving cream...especially early in the morning when I'm not yet fully awake.

YMMV though.

mr. furley said:

I switched from Sensor Excel to try out Dollar Shave Club just because....I used 3 different of the DSC models, but none of them worked for me....back to Sensor Excel.  If it ain't broke....

I switched from Sensor Excel to try out Dollar Shave Club just because....I used 3 different of the DSC models, but none of them worked for me....back to Sensor Excel.  If it ain't broke....
Mach 3 Turbo at Costco.  With my beard I am only shaving a couple times a week now.  One purchase lasts forever.

I only shave once a week or I would look like GM after.... (insert pale skin and light comment here)

mr. furley said:

Dollar shave club

Shaves the bags tenderly

I shave twice a week.  In the shower.  I use Rite Aid brand razors to refill my Gillette shaver.  Pretty good little system.  I don't even use a mirror.  Because, see, being ugly has its advantages.  Nothing I'm going to do to my face is going to help nor hurt me.

I shave twice a week.  In the shower.  I use Rite Aid brand razors to refill my Gillette shaver.  Pretty good little system.  I don't even use a mirror.  Because, see, being ugly has its advantages.  Nothing I'm going to do to my face is going to help nor hurt me.
I'm with you, except I use Gillette Sensor 2 disposables and Shave Secret.

Since I went full beard, I've been using this to keep the non-bearded areas (neck & cheeks) cleaned up.  Doesn't get razor-smooth, but good enough for me.

I was a Shick(!) Hydro guy before, and still have quite a few cartridges in the drawer for if/when I decide to ditch the beard.

i've had a beard forever.  i pretty much only shave my neck, 2, 3 times a week.  i do it right out of the shower, with only a little hot water.  i use some ancient mach 3 razor.  my blades last forever.  they pretty much end up looking like those hysterically dirty ones that are in the commercials.  when it tries to bite me or run away, i change the blade.

Buy a good, double-edge safety razor and shave like a real man, you bunch of Sallys.

Or, just keep the freakin' beard like evolution intended.  Chicks dig them.

El Floppo said:
do you use this?

4pack of cartridges are still $10.50 which is basically the same as Gillette Fusion that I buy locally.
Maybe they went up in price.

I bought in bulk and got a multi-year (for me) supply and it was far less.

But I have a beard and only shave my neck and bald dome periodically.

i've had a beard forever.  i pretty much only shave my neck, 2, 3 times a week.  i do it right out of the shower, with only a little hot water.  i use some ancient mach 3 razor.  my blades last forever.  they pretty much end up looking like those hysterically dirty ones that are in the commercials.  when it tries to bite me or run away, i change the blade.
Same. Only I used the Dorco razors and I probably shave my neck once every 10-14 days.

But since I started working from home full time my grooming standards have gone way downhill, so YMMV.

Buy a good, double-edge safety razor and shave like a real man, you bunch of Sallys.

Or, just keep the freakin' beard like evolution intended.  Chicks dig them.
but what if your facial hair grows like an actual caveman

a little unseemly to have an all over hair coverage on the entire upper body with only the eyeballs showing, no?

Users who are viewing this thread