Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 87.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Officer Pete Malloy

    5008

  • General Malaise

    4491

  • El Floppo

    4235

  • kevzilla

    3102

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

Ugh, hate having to read these, but also wanted to share:

Our very first dog just passed on a little bit ago.  17 years old and had a great life.  Started off with my wife and I and then became my mother's dog almost 11 years ago when she no longer got along with another dog of ours.  Over these last 11 years, she was my mother's main companion and helped her through some difficult times (like when my father passed several years ago).  Even up until this last year, still had great energy and has always been an amazing dog.  Unfortunately, age finally caught up and it was time.  I'm so lucky to have been there for her end as well.  Thank you for all you brought to all our lives.

RIP Nicole

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2017 at 4:40 PM, bostonfred said:

Am I the only one that never heard the original mash up?

After seeing that I'm reading the comments and some one posted the "famous mashup" from a few years ago.

 

Either way stilll awesomely awesome

Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife works for a small company that has a total of 5 employees and the owner is certifiably crazy.

Exhibit A is this email in which she believes that highway traffic coupled with eclipse fever  :eek: will impact customers ability to log on to their computer and make a hotel reservation   :lmao:

 

Subject: Could we plead with the Westin to extend our room block closing by a few days due to the eclipse fever

Berndog's wife

Our room block closes the day after the eclipse! We came back from xxxxxx this morning and there are several DOT electronic billboards alerting drivers to expect delays due to the solar eclipse. They begin before Statesville. It would probably help us greatly if the Westin could move the cut off to Thursday or Friday. 

 

Crazy Owner

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, berndog said:

My wife works for a small company that has a total of 5 employees and the owner is certifiably crazy.

Exhibit A is this email in which she believes that highway traffic coupled with eclipse fever  :eek: will impact customers ability to log on to their computer and make a hotel reservation   :lmao:

 

Subject: Could we plead with the Westin to extend our room block closing by a few days due to the eclipse fever

Berndog's wife

Our room block closes the day after the eclipse! We came back from xxxxxx this morning and there are several DOT electronic billboards alerting drivers to expect delays due to the solar eclipse. They begin before Statesville. It would probably help us greatly if the Westin could move the cut off to Thursday or Friday. 

 

Crazy Owner

 

I'm not even sure what she's afraid of.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Ooo...watchya got?

You on Spotify? I have my own playlist plus I found a massive own just called power Pop.

"I wanna be your boyfriend ", "Ballroom Blitz" "Go all the wAy" "In the city" are just a few 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, badmojo1006 said:

You on Spotify? I have my own playlist plus I found a massive own just called power Pop.

"I wanna be your boyfriend ", "Ballroom Blitz" "Go all the wAy" "In the city" are just a few 

Nephew, my middle name is Spotify.  

See if you can find a dude on spotify dude named Ken Oatman.  This cat has more power pop play lists than Rudnarski has college credits.

see if this link works https://open.spotify.com/user/129466846

Edited by OrtonToOlsen
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

See if you can find a dude on spotify dude named Ken Oatman. 

Not for nothin', but his "Non-#### Americana" list probably has a metric ton of #### included (along with some legit non-####....just felt the need to point it out though.  Because I'M the final arbiter on his gaddam spotify playlists).

Edited by 5-ish Finkle
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, shifty said:

Wow, loving spotify so far. With my ad blocker...well there are no ads.

oooooh... wait a sec. tell me more please. no ads at all during the songs? like the premium version might have (I've only heard- too cheap to shell out all of those dollars... couple a dollars).

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

recently moved about 3/4 mile down the road from a college

today is move in day

clyde bless

I used to live on a campus. Afternoon jogs around the U were pretty glorious.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

oooooh... wait a sec. tell me more please. no ads at all during the songs? like the premium version might have (I've only heard- too cheap to shell out all of those dollars... couple a dollars).

No ads. I am using chrome and adblockpro.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Limp Ditka said:

I used to live on a campus. Afternoon jogs around the U were pretty glorious.

we are directly across from the sports complex. apparently tailgating is a big deal. 

saturdays should be awesome :thumbup:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, shifty said:

No ads. I am using chrome and adblockpro.

whoa. going in... I've been listening to Spotify daily for years. this would be amazing if the ads just disappear. I hate that I'm still dubious that it will actually work over here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, El Floppo said:

whoa. going in... I've been listening to Spotify daily for years. this would be amazing if the ads just disappear. I hate that I'm still dubious that it will actually work over here.

Cool, it should work. Adblockpro is an extension for Chrome.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shifty said:

Cool, it should work. Adblockpro is an extension for Chrome.

up and running. really nice game-changer for me if this goes as you say... and the dubious factor isn't distrusting that it's working for you, it's that it would also somehow work for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

 

15 minutes ago, shifty said:

Cool, it should work. Adblockpro is an extension for Chrome.

up and running. really nice game-changer for me if this goes as you say... and the dubious factor isn't distrusting that it's working for you, it's that it would also somehow work for me.

 

:kicksrock: still have ads.

I didn't reboot though... although the adblocker extension is shown on my chrome page as up and running.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shifty said:

adblockpro If you look in the top right hand corner, you will see it have blocked 30 ads since I started Spotify this morning.

are you saying that you have NO audio ads at all while spotify is playing? that it just plays your music ad-free... the way it does with their premium version?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, El Floppo said:

are you saying that you have NO audio ads at all while spotify is playing? that it just plays your music ad-free... the way it does with their premium version?

Right, I haven't heard a one since I started Spotify. It works for Pandora too, although it does have to be re-loaded every now and then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shifty said:

Right, I haven't heard a one since I started Spotify. It works for Pandora too, although it does have to be re-loaded every now and then.

it appears to be blocking the visual ads that run over the website (eta: and these are shown as every 10 seconds!), but I still had audio ads interrupt the music. 

Edited by El Floppo
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, El Floppo said:

it appears to be blocking the visual ads that run over the website (eta: and these are shown as every 10 seconds!), but I still had audio ads interrupt the music. 

I am listening to commercial free Spotify Premium while I read this thread.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

it appears to be blocking the visual ads that run over the website (eta: and these are shown as every 10 seconds!), but I still had audio ads interrupt the music. 

Ok, try it after installing "uBlock Origin" to Chrome as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...