What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (11 Viewers)

ANNOUNCE!!!!

I have a technology question.  If I wanted to get a device that plays Pandora or Spotify only that's NOT a phone so I can walk and listen to music without having to get texts or calls, does such a device exist?  

Should I PM Shuke?

Assume I'm not a premium user and don't have the playlists saved, so kinda need it not be in airplane mode.
You are going to have the same issue with a non-phone playback device then. If you are on a walk, you won't have wi-fi to stream the music. 
Right, so you would need a cellular device of some sort, yet one that cannot (or does not) receive phone calls or texts. I don't think you're getting that unless you're paying for a separate data plan for the device and just not telling anybody the number.

Does your phone have a "do not disturb" mode?

ANNOUNCE!!!!

I have a technology question.  If I wanted to get a device that plays Pandora or Spotify only that's NOT a phone so I can walk and listen to music without having to get texts or calls, does such a device exist?  

Should I PM Shuke?

Do you want it to be able to play that over a cellular signal, or just using wifi?

ANNOUNCE!!!!

Should I PM Shuke?

Put your phone on Airplane Mode down?
Only premium subs can download for offline play.

ETA if it's an iPhone try DND mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK GMTAN peeps...I think I need some serious psychological help. :(

Strange Dreams or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying About Whether My Cigar Was Actually a Cigar

My dream opened in a Kroger grocery store; I was talking to the butcher...who was @shuke...about various meats that were featured in 1980's comedies. The most noteworthy scene, according to shuke, was from The Breakfast Club. However, I lobbied for The Great Outdoors Steak Scene. We eventually got into a food fight over it...so I left him at his counter...tenderizing his meat and licking his wounds.

From there, I put on my sandals (no idea why they were off to begin with) and proceeded to the produce section. I was STARVING...so I ate as I went along...sampling all that was there to be had. Nobody seemed to mind...whatevers. 

However, as I ate, I got a stronger and stronger urge to piss. Looking around, I saw nobody nearby, so I whipped it out in the greens section...got ready to let loose on some cabbage...and then saw a security camera in the corner. DOH!  I put it back in, in fear of being busted as pisser in the produce section.

Now, here is where it got weird (yeah...ok...here)...instead of searching for a bathroom, I decided to search for another food section without security cameras....so that I could piss freely on the food without fear of felonious capture.

WTF? What is wrong with me?

I woke up before I got to the dream money shot...but I was hungry as hell and had to piss like a race horse before I could do anything else this morning.

Do I need to seek professional help? Or, can this be dealt with...within the confines of private, friendly help?

Really worried. :(

#SORROW

For Tanner

Meant to post the other day after his lobster joke

"What's the difference between a tribe of clever pygmies and a girls' track team?"

the pygmies are a group of cunning runts

Strange Dreams or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying About Whether My Cigar Was Actually a Cigar

My dream opened in a Kroger grocery store; I was talking to the butcher...who was @shuke...about various meats that were featured in 1980's comedies. The most noteworthy scene, according to shuke, was from The Breakfast Club. However, I lobbied for The Great Outdoors Steak Scene. We eventually got into a food fight over it...so I left him at his counter...tenderizing his meat and licking his wounds.

From there, I put on my sandals (no idea why they were off to begin with) and proceeded to the produce section. I was STARVING...so I ate as I went along...sampling all that was there to be had. Nobody seemed to mind...whatevers. 

However, as I ate, I got a stronger and stronger urge to piss. Looking around, I saw nobody nearby, so I whipped it out in the greens section...got ready to let loose on some cabbage...and then saw a security camera in the corner. DOH!  I put it back in, in fear of being busted as pisser in the produce section.

Now, here is where it got weird (yeah...ok...here)...instead of searching for a bathroom, I decided to search for another food section without security cameras....so that I could piss freely on the food without fear of felonious capture.

I woke up before I got to the dream money shot...but I was hungry as hell and had to piss like a race horse before I could do anything else this morning.

Do I need to seek professional help? Or, can this be dealt with...within the confines of private, friendly help?

#SORROW
@bostonfred

#SORROW
I'm not a doctor, buuuut it sounds like you may want to engage in coitus with shuke (or watch him engage with, like, a salami). HTH.

I'm not a doctor, buuuut it sounds like you may want to engage in coitus with shuke (or watch him engage with, like, a salami). HTH.
Thnx mang....seriusly....

///but, 

-----what is shuke's take? 

Does he even like salami?

I don't want to put any pressure on the guy...guy. :shrug:

However, if it helps me progress past this pathos....  :ph34r:

That would be a good course of action. He enjoys copious amounts of PMs on a wide range of topics. I'd imagine his enjoyment of or conversations about his salami chief among them.
That's what I like to hear!

To shuke :banned: !!!!

Oh I might be a touch inebriated
No prob from me...

...I'm just pissin on my cabbage at the moment.

The bourbon helps....

It's hard when I don't know somebody really well, because I dont know enough to put things in context. Like when you start talking about shuke tendering his meat, I'm pretty sure that's just embellishment, but when you talk about your sandals, I believe that you literally dreamed you put your sandals on, I just don't know if there's any special meaning you place on your sandals. So I'm probably going to miss on a few things here. But here we go.

First of all, you had to pee. There isn't any weird pee fetish stuff going on here as far as I can tell.

The main theme is that you're coming to grips with the fact that you're a certain age. It sounds 50ish to me, give or take couple. You know what you're supposed to do, but you're having a hard time with doing it.

Some examples.  

You're dreaming about meat, and you're literally dreaming about pissing on vegetables. That's literal vegetables - eating healthy and not being able to eat like a kid anymore - and figurative vegetables like responsibilities and having to take things more seriously than you used to. 

The video camera is your conscience,  and your external locus of control.  You aren't making healthy or grown up choices in your life because you want to, but because someone - some anonymous authority figure behind a camera, not sunshine familiar to you like your mom or something - might see you. But you still want to piss on the vegetables. 

Shuke isnt shuke per se, he just represents this board in your mind.  He's the mascot for a place where you've been getting some positive feedback recently and you feel like it's filling a social need for you in a way that you can't fulfill publicly as much as you once could.  You're talking to shuke about 80s movies, teen angst movies, and about care free scenes like food fights, and about meat, because #### vegetables.  And he's a supplier of meat - literally a butcher in your dream. Because this is a place where you can be part of yourself that you can't be in the brick and mortar world.

Same thing with your sandals. It's not that you were barefoot before, it's that symbolically, your sandals are what you wear to face the world - not dress shoes or sneakers or penny loafers.  You're a crunchy hippy slacker at heart.

And now you want to let that part of you out in the real world.  That's why you moved on to pee on different produce - its not the rejection of your responsibilities that bothers you, but the sense that you're not supposed to and people are watching.  So you're looking for a new produce section because you feel like your current situation isn't letting you be yourself. 

I think we all feel that way sometimes.  Its hard to eat your vegetables. It's hard to feel like a kid trapped in an adult life.

But I would also recommend caution about over indulging.  Being yourself is great, but there's a reason a lot of adults tend to act the same way - they've learned how you feel after a big greasy meal, and now they choose vegetables more often than they'd like. 

It's hard when I don't know somebody really well, because I dont know enough to put things in context. Like when you start talking about shuke tendering his meat, I'm pretty sure that's just embellishment, but when you talk about your sandals, I believe that you literally dreamed you put your sandals on, I just don't know if there's any special meaning you place on your sandals. So I'm probably going to miss on a few things here. But here we go.

First of all, you had to pee. There isn't any weird pee fetish stuff going on here as far as I can tell.

The main theme is that you're coming to grips with the fact that you're a certain age. It sounds 50ish to me, give or take couple. You know what you're supposed to do, but you're having a hard time with doing it.

Some examples.  

You're dreaming about meat, and you're literally dreaming about pissing on vegetables. That's literal vegetables - eating healthy and not being able to eat like a kid anymore - and figurative vegetables like responsibilities and having to take things more seriously than you used to. 

The video camera is your conscience,  and your external locus of control.  You aren't making healthy or grown up choices in your life because you want to, but because someone - some anonymous authority figure behind a camera, not sunshine familiar to you like your mom or something - might see you. But you still want to piss on the vegetables. 

Shuke isnt shuke per se, he just represents this board in your mind.  He's the mascot for a place where you've been getting some positive feedback recently and you feel like it's filling a social need for you in a way that you can't fulfill publicly as much as you once could.  You're talking to shuke about 80s movies, teen angst movies, and about care free scenes like food fights, and about meat, because #### vegetables.  And he's a supplier of meat - literally a butcher in your dream. Because this is a place where you can be part of yourself that you can't be in the brick and mortar world.

Same thing with your sandals. It's not that you were barefoot before, it's that symbolically, your sandals are what you wear to face the world - not dress shoes or sneakers or penny loafers.  You're a crunchy hippy slacker at heart.

And now you want to let that part of you out in the real world.  That's why you moved on to pee on different produce - its not the rejection of your responsibilities that bothers you, but the sense that you're not supposed to and people are watching.  So you're looking for a new produce section because you feel like your current situation isn't letting you be yourself. 

I think we all feel that way sometimes.  Its hard to eat your vegetables. It's hard to feel like a kid trapped in an adult life.

But I would also recommend caution about over indulging.  Being yourself is great, but there's a reason a lot of adults tend to act the same way - they've learned how you feel after a big greasy meal, and now they choose vegetables more often than they'd like. 
:goodposting: :wub: @bostonfred talented beyond belief.

Some examples.  

Wow...

////just WOW!

You nailed it Fred!

I'm a 49 year old man-child coming to grips with mid life who needs to eat better...truly! Plus, I am chaffing at the bit in regards to the external expectations placed upon me. While I originally posted this dream as shtick, it is real...and you have clarified it, mi amigo!

Plus, if I can avoid shuke's meat, and go towards a healthier diet....THAT IS A DOUBLE WIN IN MY BOOK.

You da best Fred....thnx! :)

Now, where do I send the check, doc? ;)

DA RAIDERS said:
GOOD NEWS!!

my wife's awesome knockers are cancer free!!  benign mass :pickle:   that was really fast!!   24 hour turn around.  very good, but very expensive hospitals down here.

now...to ignore my lack of a kidney, or find out more details...decisions, decisions..the real worry was my wife's biopsy.  i've been fine so far with whatever kidney function i've got, should be good for a while. :mellow:  
Oh good. This is like Netflix.

I think that I shall never see

A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest

Against the sweet earth’s flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,

And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in summer wear

A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;

Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,

But only God can make a tree for Krista to kill.
BRAVO

I think that I shall never see

A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest

Against the sweet earth’s flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,

And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in summer wear

A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;

Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,

But only God can make a tree for Krista to kill.
BRAVO
HA! 

Awesome interpretation.

I missed this during my time away...

...excellent poetry.

OH, btw @krista4,,,,,kill that beeoyach! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Alrighty now,

I am currently heading off to bed now...

...and thanks to Boston Fred, I no longer carry fear in regards to my dreams...

...but I am wearing diapers....just in case I come across some cabbage.

G'Night all!

#SORROW
My link

Some examples.  

####ing incredible

Users who are viewing this thread