What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (21 Viewers)

Radical Larry said:
You don't know jack.

The capital of Alta California.  Long weekend for my birfday.  Staying at a friend's (wacky story behind that) condo por gratis.  

Going to the water zoo and other points of interest/bars tomorrow.
Probably the most beautiful place in America

At bar in Monterey. They have a Roger Sterling quote hanging in the men's room. May never leave.
 You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.
You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do.

Radical Larry said:
Look, I want to tell you something because you're very dear to me. And I hope you understand that it comes from the bottom of my damaged, damaged heart. You are the finest piece of ### I ever had and I don't care who knows it. I am so glad I got to roam those hillsides.
So, I was in the ballpark.

I posted this on Facebook a few minutes ago:

My mom passed away this afternoon at the age of 87. She had apparently recovered from treatable lung cancer, only to have it recur and, worse still, spread to her spine.

She was my mom, so of course I adored her. She was also an extraordinary person who led an amazing life:

She watched the attack on Pearl Harbor as a young girl; her father was a USMC officer stationed there.

She met my dad at the University of Washington in 1951 and was engaged six weeks later. They got married and expected that my dad would ship off for the Korean War. As it turned out, they ended up staying at Fort Sill in Lawton, OK for the duration of the war. Probably better than Korea. Probably.

My parents moved in to a "fixer upper" on lower Clyde Hill in 1962. My mom expected to be there for a few years. She passed away in the family room there today.

We celebrated my parents' 65th anniversary this past December. It was a lovely evening and a memory I will cherish forever.

She was an idealist to the very end. Things that were wrong in the world made her very angry. And she tried to make a difference. For example, she led a group of volunteers from her church who made sack lunches for the homeless for over 30 years. She volunteered her time in support of many other causes and organizations as well.

She wasn't perfect, of course. She could be a bit judgmental from time to time, to my periodic annoyance. But she was usually right (also annoying, BTW). She could be disconcertingly direct, but also had passive-aggressiveness in her toolkit. She liked to keep us guessing, I suppose.

I am having trouble wrapping my head around how much I am going to miss her. I am sure I have no idea, but unfortunately am about to find out.

It has been a rough day year decade.

Users who are viewing this thread