What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (15 Viewers)

80s New Wave playlist. Anything essential I am missing?

(And yes, some of these songs are objectively pretty awful. It's about nostalgia, guy.)

Naked Eyes – Always Something There To Remind Me

The Fixx – Are We Ourselves?

Wang Chung – Dance Hall Days

After The Fire – Der Kommissar

INXS – Don't Change

The Human League – Don't You Want Me - 2002 - Remaster

Tom Tom Club – Genius Of Love

Thompson Twins – Hold Me Now

The English Beat – I Confess

The Boomtown Rats – I Don't Like Mondays

Modern English – I Melt With You

A Flock Of Seagulls – I Ran

INXS – I Send A Message

Big Country – In A Big Country - Radio Edit

Talk Talk – It's My Life - 1997 Remastered Version

The Fixx – Less Cities, More Moving People

Talk Talk – Life's What You Make It - 1997 Remastered Version

Echo And The Bunnymen – Lips Like Sugar

Haircut 100 – Love Plus One

Berlin – No More Words

Björn Ulvaeus – One Night In Bangkok - Single Version

Thomas Dolby – One Of Our Submarines

Naked Eyes – Promises, Promises - Single Version

The Fixx – Red Skies - Original Version

Public Image Ltd. – Seattle

Thomas Dolby – She Blinded Me With Science

Fine Young Cannibals – She Drives Me Crazy

Fine Young Cannibals – Suspicious Minds

Soft Cell – Tainted Love

General Public – Tenderness

Wang Chung – To Live And Die In L.A.

The Icicle Works – Whisper To A Scream (Birds Fly) - Single Version

A Flock Of Seagulls – Wishing (If I Had a Photograph of You)

Missing Persons – Words

Nik Kershaw – Wouldn't It Be Good
I would seriously consult the track lists for this compilation series.

No shtick.
yeah- a bunch not on there, but subjective and all that:

Dexy's midnight etc: Eileen

New Order: blue monday or anything else

The The: this is the day

Plimsouls: gajillion miles away

Translator; everywhere that I'm not

eta: OMD: Enola Gay

Pyschadelic Furs: love my way

Smiths: how soon is now

Siouxie banshee: Spellbound

Bauhaus: bela legosi kaput

gang of four- damaged goods
Thanks to both you and Tanner. I knew this was the place to find old guys with horrible taste in music.
:lmao:

Ill have two eggs; one over easy, one over medium; three sausage links; a cup of cottage with a drizzle of honey; a fruit cup; unless its mostly honeydew melon, in which case skip it and make it half a grapefruit; a glass of whole milk over ice and a side of toast barely browned; closer to bread than toast, Im not joking; with as many local jams as you have in stock... Oh, and a Bloody Mary.
Excuse me, is Smuckers made locally?

Then just delete this thread like you did my last one. :shrug:
why are you so mean to me?

(it's not deleted)
All you do is complain about how bad this thread sucks. Make it better, Hat.
a lot of the people who used to post in here a lot aren't anymore.

they say it's because the thread is boring/different/whatever now.

not sure why you take that personally. it's a group effort in here.

we've had pages and pages of discussion regarding a cornhole to Vegas that seems to revolve around hiking in a park, yet very little discussion of a GMTAN cornhole at the Kentucky Derby that will involve bourbon, gambling, and most likely Uni racing on TRE's back while he wears a horse mask on his head.

Which one do you want to hear more about?
quit interrupting new wave chat listing of songs

the timthread might be more fun than this one. I wonder what amendment # they are discussing now.
OMG OMG OMG

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - The Bakersfield Condors, owned by the Edmonton Oilers, announced today that when Bakersfield moves to the American Hockey League (AHL) in 2015-16, the team name will remain the Bakersfield Condors.

The announcement was made with representatives of the Oilers Entertainment Group visiting Condorstown in preparation for the team's move to the AHL.

The announcement was made after the first period of the game against the Idaho Steelheads.

"We are delighted to confirm the Bakersfield Condors name will continue for the 2015-16 AHL season and beyond. The Condors have a great legacy in the community of Bakersfield and a great reputation in minor hockey for their creative and fun, family-oriented atmosphere at the Rabobank Arena. What better way to build a strong future in the AHL Pacific Division, than to build off the great Condors brand," OEG Vice Chair and Director of Hockey Operatoin Kevin Lowe said.

Condors president Matthew Riley said, "This is Condorstown. Why change a great thing? For over 17 years, the Condors have brought affordable family fun, tremendous community involvement, and great entertainment to the city of Bakersfield. With the additional resources and support of Oilers Entertainment Group, we will continue to do just that. We're taking fun to a new level."

He continued saying, "Given the parent club Oilers name, along with our communities economy being largely oil based, the pull to change the name to something oil related was great. But there are other ways we can tie that in to what we do."

The announcement was made during the first period of tonight's Condors game with a capacity crowd in attendance.

The Edmonton Oilers are operated by the Oilers Entertainment Group, which also owns the Edmonton Oil Kings of the Western Hockey League. The Oilers AHL team is currently operating as the Oklahoma City Barons, which will move to Bakersfield next season.
:condorscreech:
Where you at with a draft list?I think we start soon or something
I've started it

I'm off tomorrow so I should be able to refine it then

Hitting only right :oldunsure:

I'm assuming you've got pitching?

I can upload to a google doc...I should have your email somewhere

(it's not deleted)

we've had pages and pages of discussion regarding a cornhole to Vegas that seems to revolve around hiking in a park, yet very little discussion of a GMTAN cornhole at the Kentucky Derby that will involve bourbon, gambling, and most likely Uni racing on TRE's back while he wears a horse mask on his head.

Yeah, I know Aaron...I'm on the same Groupme Text app you are. I read the same complaints about this thread you do. The cool kids don't like the direction this thread was taking so the natural course of action is to complain about it somewhere else instead of trying make it better. Nothing new. That's why LABS, 11, :e: and countless other derivative boards were opened in the past. But many/most of those are either dead or inactive (I can't speak for Warewoolf) while this board remains alive and well. I read about Vegas hiking with the same interest I do bourbon tasting in Kentucky. I won't be able to attend either and I can't force people to post about their activities, but I'm eager to read all accounts. Maybe the cool kids will come back here, maybe they won't. But complaining about the lack of entertaining topics in here while at the same time bad-mouthing it offline seems silly to me. And I'm probably not the only person who posts at both places who feels this way.

gary numan- cars

elvis- watching the detectives

fun boy 3- lips are sealed

go-gos- we got the beat

specials- ghost town

tom tom club- genius of love

bowie- china girl

u2- I will follow
Cure - Just Like HeavenETA: That Tracy Ullman song

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE:

Rusty and principal came to my room as soon as I showed up today. It was very positive.

I jumped the gun a bit on a few things but Eve's email came out of nowhere and I probably wasn't thinking all that rationally.

What I learned (some things were obviously not related to me directly due to confidentiality)

• Eve is pretty much half a loon.
  • This was a "last straw" type of situation as suspected
  • Rusty (and I'm assuming one of the N64s) called her in to let her go. Basically she was still in her "probationary" period and had not performed up to satisfaction.
  • Rusty did not mention any names or specifics until Eve basically demanded he tell her.
  • Rusty only mentioned me as in "...and most recently I found your handling of Mr. Malloy's computer situation slow and inefficient...". He never told her that I called. Eve just made that assumption.
  • After she was let go she had about a 3 minute window to still have access to her email before Rusty yanked her account. She chose those 3 minutes to jewpunch me. :lmao:
Everything is good. The 3 of us were laughing about it by the end of the meeting.

My new shtick around campus is "Do you know who I am? All I need is to make one phone call and you're fired. Watch your step, pal."
:thumbup:

80s New Wave playlist. Anything essential I am missing?

(And yes, some of these songs are objectively pretty awful. It's about nostalgia, guy.)
I would seriously consult the track lists for this compilation series.

No shtick.

Thanks to both you and Tanner. I knew this was the place to find old guys with horrible taste in music.
Church - Under The Milky Way

Cure - In Between Days

The Nails - Home Of The Brave
Scorchy has some outstanding playists for this genere on spotify

80s 120 Minutes

80s Danceteria

Land of the Lost

Last edited by a moderator:
Added:

Town Called Malice - The Jam

88 Lines about 44 Women - The Nails

Come on Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runners

Uncertain Smile - The The

Ghost Town - The Specials

Our House - Madness

Under the Milky Way - The Chuch

Nirvana - The Cult

(it's not deleted)
that's all I do? really?

I got a 38-week pregnant wife and a baby that's going to show up anyday now. I don't have time to contribute much.

not to mention dealing with a whole slew of people crying about the search function not working, or the board upgrade sucking, or their favorite threads being deleted.
whoa, whoa, whoa... I had no idea.

congrats!

and you're ####ed. :bye:

Well, I was just fired and the specific example that you called Rusty and felt I didn't help you enough when your computer died. Why didn't you tell me directly? I feel that was very unprofessional of you to do that, and so unfair. I always did my best and with a smile.

Thanks a whole bunch.
You should have replied Orange glad I didn't say BANANA!!

That sucks GB. Sounds like you need to get some rare butthole eating scorpions for Rusty.
See because bananas are sold in bunches.

Go back to whatever boring #### you guys were talking about, dicklickers.

(it's not deleted)

quit interrupting new wave chat listing of songs
Definitely more interesting than fantasy baseball talk or minor league hockey around San Bernadino.

(it's not deleted)

Yeah, I know Aaron...I'm on the same Groupme Text app you are. I read the same complaints about this thread you do. The cool kids don't like the direction this thread was taking so the natural course of action is to complain about it somewhere else instead of trying make it better. Nothing new. That's why LABS, 11, :e: and countless other derivative boards were opened in the past. But many/most of those are either dead or inactive (I can't speak for Warewoolf) while this board remains alive and well. I read about Vegas hiking with the same interest I do bourbon tasting in Kentucky. I won't be able to attend either and I can't force people to post about their activities, but I'm eager to read all accounts. Maybe the cool kids will come back here, maybe they won't. But complaining about the lack of entertaining topics in here while at the same time bad-mouthing it offline seems silly to me. And I'm probably not the only person who posts at both places who feels this way.
since I've only been posting here recently, I'm happy to leave if it helps bring the cool kids back.

do people really talk/complain elsewhere about here? that seems equal parts... sad and pathetic.

But complaining about the lack of entertaining topics in here while at the same time bad-mouthing it offline seems silly to me. And I'm probably not the only person who posts at both places who feels this way.
was trying to help by pointing it out in here.

guess I won't bother anymore.
What we need is for people like Tre, Charv, Disco Stu, Guster et al to come back and bring the funny. Do you have any suggestions on how to bring them back? Because these are the guys going to the Derby and engaging in hijinks. I'd love to read all about it, but I can't drag them in here and force them post.

I just don't understand the mindset of complaining about something without putting in any effort to to change it. I'm not talking about you specifically; it's a larger commentary on the faction of great posters who don't post here anymore and complain about what they are left with. Ran into that with my fraternity my last two years. All the older guys whined constantly about the good old days and how much more fun it used to be, yet none of them were willing to take it upon themselves to make it better. Frustrating.

Cake Draft should make it all better, though.

But complaining about the lack of entertaining topics in here while at the same time bad-mouthing it offline seems silly to me. And I'm probably not the only person who posts at both places who feels this way.

What we need is for people like Tre, Charv, Disco Stu, Guster et al to come back and bring the funny. Do you have any suggestions on how to bring them back?
yes

but if I mention it, you'll probably just yell at me some more.

What we need is for people like Tre, Charv, Disco Stu, Guster et al to come back and bring the funny. Do you have any suggestions on how to bring them back?
yes

Aaron, I am sorry I came across like a jerk. You're one of my favorite people on the boards and I consider you a real life friend. I find it frustrating that this thread comes under attack by the very people who can make it better but don't. That is all. I apologize for being a jerk but you've met me, I'm a little off and easily come unglued. Beers and steak bites on me next time you visit your kin.

Ate a fiber one bar and had asparagus for lunch, my stomach is making some crazy noises and i am really gaseous and my pee smells....i am my own worst enemy right now. thankfully i am driving a rental while my car is in the shop.

yes

Aaron, I am sorry I came across like a jerk. You're one of my favorite people on the boards and I consider you a real life friend. I find it frustrating that this thread comes under attack by the very people who can make it better but don't. That is all. I apologize for being a jerk but you've met me, I'm a little off and easily come unglued. Beers and steak bites on me next time you visit your kin.
This came off warm and touching and sweet and makes me want to call my mom.

yes

Let me get off the phone with her first....

yes

God, I hope she's not dead.

(it's not deleted)

since I've only been posting here recently, I'm happy to leave if it helps bring the cool kids back.

do people really talk/complain elsewhere about here? that seems equal parts... sad and pathetic.
Yep.

Shut it down.

yes

This comes across as an attempt at humor, but could be insensitive and puerile.

yes

To me it came off as appeasing to people who eat beans in chili.

Users who are viewing this thread