What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (17 Viewers)

kevzilla said:
Plot twist: I'm at the bar. There's an 80-year-old woman here in a Tacocat t-shirt. I love Austin. 
A GB gave me that one. Always a big hit. :thumbup:

Speaking of wore Purrito last night to a Trivia fund raiser. First cat shirt of 2018!

My division at work has 8 people. 

This past week one co-worker's mother died, one who just started last week had her mother go into the hospital and was expected to die this weekend, and a third had his mother go into hospice this week and doesn't have long.

No point to this other than it just really sucks.

last Friday - Sunday we got a total of about 2 feet of snow. and temps stayed cool enough that most of it didn't start to melt until Thursday this week. yesterday we hit 57. lots of people out.

i live near a college. one that recently won a D3 championship.

on the way back from errands yesterday we saw a group of kids with a beer pong table setup in their yard. in the middle of the table..... the championship trophy :thumbup: chicks in shorts. dudes with shirts off. hammered mid day :thumbup:  playing beer pong in between snow banks.

some neighbors of ours happened to walk by their place later on in the day and reported that the college kids were passing out beers to anyone who walked by and wanted one :lmao: gmfb college

Last edited by a moderator:
As you know, my stepmother's mother died last week.  My stepmother, Colleen, is the sweetest person ever to walk the planet.  She posted the following on Facebook last week, along with a lovely picture of her mother and a summary of the funeral arrangements:  "My mom, Virginia, went into the arms of Jesus yesterday afternoon."

Then this happened.
OH HOLY ####

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:  

Get your #### together, Yvette. 

What do you Seattle area people know about Port Townsend?  A dude I work with is moving there after the school year is over.

@krista4 @Fish
Port Townsend is very close to me, and I spend a lot of time there.  Great town.  Gorgeous location.  Some terrific restaurants, and a wonderful artsy movie theatre.  There's a film festival there in September, as well as their biggest event of the year, the Wooden Boat Festival, which sounds lame but is a lot of fun.  Very liberal and artsy, which might not be his thing if he's moving from where you are?  If he wants any specifics, let me know.  Has he bought a house?  It's not cheap.

Port Townsend is very close to me, and I spend a lot of time there.  Great town.  Gorgeous location.  Some terrific restaurants, and a wonderful artsy movie theatre.  There's a film festival there in September, as well as their biggest event of the year, the Wooden Boat Festival, which sounds lame but is a lot of fun.  Very liberal and artsy, which might not be his thing if he's moving from where you are?  If he wants any specifics, let me know.  Has he bought a house?  It's not cheap.
Not all that clear on what his situation is.  He's in his early 30s and getting a divorce.  No kids.  I think his mom lives up there already so I'm assuming he's going to live with her.  

He's liberal-ish.  He was actually born in the USSR but came here as a kid.  Even though he teaches math he majored in Film so I'm sure he'll dig the artsy stuff.

Not all that clear on what his situation is.  He's in his early 30s and getting a divorce.  No kids.  I think his mom lives up there already so I'm assuming he's going to live with her.  

He's liberal-ish.  He was actually born in the USSR but came here as a kid.  Even though he teaches math he majored in Film so I'm sure he'll dig the artsy stuff.

If he'll be here for the summer, he'll probably love it.  It'll be high season for tourists but with good reason.  Oh, also if he likes booze there are several good wineries and cideries there, as well as a couple of good breweries; not sure on vodka-ries, though.  Tell him The Pourhouse is where he'll want to spend his summertime.  

One of the things I like about Wikipedia is how it reminds me of interesting events in history.  Today, for example, is the anniversary of when New Coke officially replaced Classic Coke.  I was a kid then and didn't have a very strong feeling about it, but I remember how so many other people did.  We also study this in marketing classes in school.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Coke

Oh, does he also read novels? @shuke

RC94 said:
One of the things I like about Wikipedia is how it reminds me of interesting events in history.  Today, for example, is the anniversary of when New Coke officially replaced Classic Coke.  I was a kid then and didn't have a very strong feeling about it, but I remember how so many other people did.  We also study this in marketing classes in school.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Coke
The good old days when Bill Cosby was the spokesman 

Born in Buffalo. Then lived in Monterey, CA and Port Townsend, WA for a bit. Then back to Buffalo until college.
A buddy of mine got a pretty big promotion a couple of years ago but the new position was in Salinas.  He and his wife buy a condo in Monterey with the plan of both of them moving there when the school year was over (she's a special ed teacher).

After about 5 months of spending weekends and vacations there the wife decides she doesn't want to relocate from our thriving metropolis.  She claimed that Monterey was "too foggy and chilly." 

So my buddy transfers back here (taking a demotion).  They still own the condo in Monterey.  I guess they're going to Air BnB it.

wtf

A buddy of mine got a pretty big promotion a couple of years ago but the new position was in Salinas.  He and his wife buy a condo in Monterey with the plan of both of them moving there when the school year was over (she's a special ed teacher).

After about 5 months of spending weekends and vacations there the wife decides she doesn't want to relocate from our thriving metropolis.  She claimed that Monterey was "too foggy and chilly." 

So my buddy transfers back here (taking a demotion).  They still own the condo in Monterey.  I guess they're going to Air BnB it.

wtf
Yeah, I have the same complaint when we visit San Diego.  Horrible, awful weather there.  :mellow:

Long distance marriages probably work well.
there's a lady in my office that lives here, her husband lives an hour away at their cottage. he retired years ago. she's 6-8 years away from early retirement. they see each other on the weekends.

she said "it's better this way. we'd kill each other if we lived in the same house 7 days a week!"

they've been married for####ingever

maybe there's something to this

there's a lady in my office that lives here, her husband lives an hour away at their cottage. he retired years ago. she's 6-8 years away from early retirement. they see each other on the weekends.

she said "it's better this way. we'd kill each other if we lived in the same house 7 days a week!"

Yeah we met a semi-retired lady in Traverse City.  She worked at one of the wineries while her husband had an apartment in the Detroit area and would come up on the weekends

sounded awesome

#hottagRSS.feed.thebeerspot.com

anyone know how to keep dogs away from a particular area?  my a hole neighbors let their dogs #### anywhere and don't pick it up.  fencing is not an option.  i'm considering a dummy camera(or a real one) with a super, passive aggressive note about reporting them to the HOA  smile, you're on camera!

Users who are viewing this thread