What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (17 Viewers)

yeah, about that. wife beat me home yesterday to find the dog, in her kennel, laying in her own vomit & sticks.

dogs are so ####### dumb it boggles the mind
I'm lucky that none of my dogs were ever stupid like that, but some are definitely really dumb.  Unfortunately, you know your dog will go back to eating sticks tomorrow.  No lessons learned.

I'm lucky that none of my dogs were ever stupid like that, but some are definitely really dumb.  Unfortunately, you know your dog will go back to eating sticks tomorrow.  No lessons learned.
yeah. she was out there eating sticks last night and again this morning.

my goal this weekend is to rake them all up so she has no more to choose from. the bigger ones are gone now but she's rooting out little twigs all over the place.

Anybody want my tickets for Astros/NYY Tomorrow (Thur) at noon?

I've been to seven of the last games and have reached saturation.

Good seats eection 127. PM me here with your email and I'll send them to you

yeah. she was out there eating sticks last night and again this morning.

my goal this weekend is to rake them all up so she has no more to choose from. the bigger ones are gone now but she's rooting out little twigs all over the place.
Instead of removing all of the sticks, which will be a never-ending problem, you should try to train it out of her.  I would think it's similar to how some dogs will destroy the furniture.  You can get a spray at a pet store that will be repulsive, but not poisonous, to a dog.  Leave some sticks around, but spray them with this dog training spray, and hopefully she will start associating the sticks with this repulsive smell and taste instead of the deliciousness she currently thinks of them.  I am no training expert, so you should look into other ways to train this behavior out of her.

Instead of removing all of the sticks, which will be a never-ending problem, you should try to train it out of her.  I would think it's similar to how some dogs will destroy the furniture.  You can get a spray at a pet store that will be repulsive, but not poisonous, to a dog.  Leave some sticks around, but spray them with this dog training spray, and hopefully she will start associating the sticks with this repulsive smell and taste instead of the deliciousness she currently thinks of them.  I am no training expert, so you should look into other ways to train this behavior out of her.
You’d be surprised at how often this stuff doesn’t work.  Dogs are stubborn like people.

thinking about just letting her run free

Smarter than your average bear:

When state Fish and Wildlife agents recently found a black bear passed out on the lawn of Baker Lake Resort, there were some clues scattered nearby — dozens of empty cans of Rainier Beer.

The bear apparently got into campers’ coolers and used his claws and teeth to puncture the cans. And not just any cans.

“He drank the Rainier and wouldn’t drink the Busch beer,” said Lisa Broxson, bookkeeper at the campground and cabins resort east of Mount Baker.

Fish and Wildlife enforcement Sgt. Bill Heinck said the bear did try one can of Busch, but ignored the rest. The beast then consumed about 36 cans of Rainier.

A wildlife agent tried to chase the bear from the campground but the animal just climbed a tree to sleep it off for another four hours. Agents finally herded the bear away, but it returned the next morning.

Agents then used a large, humane trap to capture it for relocation, baiting the trap with the usual: doughnuts, honey and, in this case, two open cans of Rainier.

That did the trick.

“This is a new one on me,” Heinck said. “I’ve known them to get into cans, but nothing like this. And it definitely had a preference.”
:shock: :lmao:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/5756809/ns/us_news-weird_news/t/bear-downs-beers-passes-out-campground/#.Wus30i7wbct

At the airport waiting to come home from DC.  Feet are killing me.  One chaperone sprained her ankle and a kid probably tore his MCL jumping off a planter.  Last day degenerated into chaos with everyone just going off to do their own thing.  Walked an average of 9 miles a day.  Have court in the morning, then I’m going to sit in my hot tub and drink beer all day.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the airport waiting to come home from DC.  Feet are killing me.  One chaperone sprained her ankle and a kid probably tore his MCL jumping off a planter.  Last day degenerated into chaos with everyone just going off to do their own thing.  Walked an average of 9 miles a day.  Have court in the morning, then I’m going to sit in my hot tub and drink beer all day.
:scribblesnotes:  sounds awful.  did you like it?  was it cool to be with your daughter or did she shun you like the plague?  did you stay sober the entire time?

Dissolve some ibupropen in water and spray it on the sticks. It tastes hideous and is known for this purpose

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.

DA RAIDERS said:
:scribblesnotes:  sounds awful.  did you like it?  was it cool to be with your daughter or did she shun you like the plague?  did you stay sober the entire time?
For the most part, the parents just hung back and let the kids do their thing.  I didn't really spend a lot of time with my daughter except on the plane there and back, where she wore noise cancelling headphones.  

There was a lot of cool stuff to see.   My daughter and about 2/3 of the group got to be on the floor of the House of Representatives (I didn't, because one of the teachers tried to go through security with a fitbit on and delayed the rest of us).   Saw an original copy of the Magna Carta, got to tour Gettysburg with a very knowledgeable battlefield guide, and the Vietnam exhibit in the National Archives was fascinating.   

The term "death march" was used several times.  According to the app on my daughter's phone, we walked just under 50 miles for the trip.

I wouldn't go with a group of kids again, but it was a good experience overall.

Snuck in a couple late night beers at the hotel bar.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the most part, the parents just hung back and let the kids do their thing.  I didn't really spend a lot of time with my daughter except on the plane there and back, where she wore noise cancelling headphones.  

There was a lot of cool stuff to see.   My daughter and about 2/3 of the group got to be on the floor of the House of Representatives (I didn't, because one of the teachers tried to go through security with a fitbit on and delayed the rest of us).   Saw an original copy of the Magna Carta, got to tour Gettysburg with a very knowledgeable battlefield guide, and the Vietnam exhibit in the National Archives was fascinating.   

The term "death march" was used several times.  According to the app on my daughter's phone, we walked just under 50 miles for the trip.

I wouldn't go with a group of kids again, but it was a good experience overall.

Snuck in a couple late night beers at the hotel bar.
Was that your first time in DC to sight-see?

Gettysburg with a good guide is an awesome experience.

Users who are viewing this thread