What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (14 Viewers)

Believe me, you will end up far ahead of any other position you take. Let your daughter/wife/whatever know you love them and they got screwed, but it is ok because its family and you have to play the long game.
also, daughter already has huge issues with mother in law and almost didn't go because of the drama she's created in the past.  man, that's going to be one long ride home.

Hey K4, I'm going to be in New England first week on August. I have a wedding for few says and the rest of the week to fart around. I'm thinking Freyberg or maybe Penobscot or Portland for a few days. You should come up and shop for houses.

Yep, nothing should be done.  That applies to you and everyone else involved.  In the end, it's a FB post - who cares?  (I do realize it's indicative of a larger issue based on what you've said, but this isn't the hill to die on there.)
I think the main reason we're all upset is that their family makes such a huge thing about family all the time.  And how much my daughter and their daughter are like "real" sisters because each didn't have one.  The ten years ago me would have posted something for sure.

So let's move on to the schtick portion of this show. What would you post if you didn't give a rats ###?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the main reason we're all upset is that their family makes such a huge thing about family all the time.  And how much my daughter and their daughter are like "real" sisters because each didn't have one.  The tens years ago me would have posted something for sure.

So let's move on to the schtick portion of this show. What would you post if you didn't give a rats ###?
That will be a great car game on your way home tomorrow. What would we do if we were low-class, self-important, white trash in this situation? See who can come up with the most outlandish thing you'd never do. It will be fun and cathartic and make you feel socially superior.

That will be a great car game on your way home tomorrow. What would we do if we were low-class, self-important, white trash in this situation? See who can come up with the most outlandish thing you'd never do. It will be fun and cathartic and make you feel socially superior.
I agree. I was in Vegas for WSOP and flew back this morning. They wanted me to cancel my flight and then pick us up in Vegas this morning and drive back with them. When I told my son (who just turned 21) who was with me, he text his mom and said, "why would we want to drive home with 40 pounds of screaming flesh?"

eta - this was all before the pics were posted.

WWYD here as a Dad?

So my son-in-laws sister had her first baby shower yesterday in the OC.   My daughter, wife, 3 and 1 yr old grand daughters drove 1000 miles from Boise for the event. My daughter also spent 8 hours Friday and Saturday morning helping set up the event in a huge backyard for about 50 guests.   All out on the decoarations and such. My daughter and her SIL are very good friends.

This afternoon, three dozen pictures of the party were posted from the party on FB.  Not one of them had my daughter or her two daughters. Even her younger, usually oblivious to these type of things brother noticed.   Two of the pictures (because one could not fit them all closely) were of all the SisterIL's mom friends with their babies and toddlers. 14 moms in total.  I was livid after seeing those.

SonIL was in South Carolina for the weekend in a wedding for an old, good friend.
My wife flew up to Bay area when they got there Thursday to help her 88 yr old parents clean out their garage/house. She flew back to OC this morning and is driving back with daughter and her kids.

How should I respond on FB?
Delete your FB

My 60 yr old Chemist brother-in-law got hit by a car yesterday. Doing what you might ask? Pokemoning. Yes Pokemoning.

Broken leg, 4 busted ribs and a partially collapsed lung..

:foreheadsmack:

WWYD here as a Dad?

So my son-in-laws sister had her first baby shower yesterday in the OC.   My daughter, wife, 3 and 1 yr old grand daughters drove 1000 miles from Boise for the event. My daughter also spent 8 hours Friday and Saturday morning helping set up the event in a huge backyard for about 50 guests.   All out on the decoarations and such. My daughter and her SIL are very good friends.

This afternoon, three dozen pictures of the party were posted from the party on FB.  Not one of them had my daughter or her two daughters. Even her younger, usually oblivious to these type of things brother noticed.   Two of the pictures (because one could not fit them all closely) were of all the SisterIL's mom friends with their babies and toddlers. 14 moms in total.  I was livid after seeing those.

SonIL was in South Carolina for the weekend in a wedding for an old, good friend.
My wife flew up to Bay area when they got there Thursday to help her 88 yr old parents clean out their garage/house. She flew back to OC this morning and is driving back with daughter and her kids.

How should I respond on FB?
delete your account

My 60 yr old Chemist brother-in-law got hit by a car yesterday. Doing what you might ask? Pokemoning. Yes Pokemoning.

Broken leg, 4 busted ribs and a partially collapsed lung..

:foreheadsmack:
ooooof

wandered out in to traffic or someone ran him down accidentally?

I’ve probably told this before but...

Back in HS this girl gave a dude, that we’ll call Gary, a mouth-hug in the bushes at a party.  That next Monday at school somebody asks Gary “did she spit or swallow?”

Gary replies with “she took it like a man”.

Me:  :confused:

Anywho.  I have Gary’s son in my summer school class this year.  I probably won’t be telling him that story. 

Probably.

Oh.  The Andrew kid I posted about earlier in the week...the one who went to six flags even though he didn’t qualify...had his graduation appeal “hearing” today.

basically if a kid doesn’t qualify to walk across the stage (they still go on to HS) they can appeal and plead their case to a panel of teachers and admins.

I had to be there.  Andrew cried big crocodile tears. I ignored him and busied myself reading his 4 page long “rap sheet”.
Did it include the time he taped Larry Lester's buns together?

the fad in the Europe is no central air, instead they have those Mitsubishi type single units in each room running off an exterior mounted compressor.  usually a compressor can run up to 3 of these units, which can do a/c and heat.  I have seen some of them now in my neighborhood.  I believe they will become more common in the future.  no sense for me to cool and heat 1200 sq ft upstairs if I am only in one room, may as well use the room unit.  the look isn't that terrible if mounted in the right spot.
Confirmed.  Thanks for all the recommendations.  Had a great time

I’ve probably told this before but...

Back in HS this girl gave a dude, that we’ll call Gary, a mouth-hug in the bushes at a party.  That next Monday at school somebody asks Gary “did she spit or swallow?”

Gary replies with “she took it like a man”.

Me:  :confused:

Anywho.  I have Gary’s son in my summer school class this year.  I probably won’t be telling him that story. 

Probably.
sound on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvGYhRSsRoY

Amusing side note to the fire emergency deal the other day...I posted a bunch of pics and videos of the burn area on the facebooks in a neighborhood forum.  I got many likes and comments and what not. One of them was a terribly written message about having a mutual friend. Wut?  I looked at our mutual friend and it was studs and duds. :lmao:   we chatted and may have a beer in the future. He was/is draftnik I believe. Small world. 

Yikes. Heard anything from Julio? Now that I think on it, he hasn't posted on the myspacebook in a while.
 I hear from him just about every day, giving me updates on how bad things are (though he is not the one who sent the gruesome video).  I feel completely helpless - there's nothing I can do for him.  Granada has not seen much violence, as the really bad stuff is mostly centered in Managua and Masaya.  But with groceries and gas stations closing, it's getting very dire there quickly.  And of course tourism is zero now.
Granada is now on fire and under siege as well.  Someone just sent me a video of the city hall burning down (right in the main square).  Also at least two confirmed dead there.  Banks and groceries are now closed.  I don't know how to get Julio money anymore, and what he could do with it even if I could get it down there.  He'd been buying up as much food as possible in the last week or two, but it won't last.

ETA:  City Hall

Granada is now on fire and under siege as well.  Someone just sent me a video of the city hall burning down (right in the main square).  Also at least two confirmed dead there.  Banks and groceries are now closed.  I don't know how to get Julio money anymore, and what he could do with it even if I could get it down there.  He'd been buying up as much food as possible in the last week or two, but it won't last.

ETA:  City Hall
None of this getting coverage... What's going on down there?

None of this getting coverage... What's going on down there?
It started in mid-April with an announcement by the government of a change in pension benefits - more required to be put in, less available to draw down (in sum).  Peaceful student protests in Managua were met with military force using first rubber bullets and then live ammunition.  Lots of people killed.  Eventually the government backed down on the pension proposal, but protests continued calling for the president and VP (who happens to be the president's wife) to resign.  

There was a big (peaceful) protest on Mother's Day (May 31) to honor the mothers who had lost children in the prior protests, but another dozen or so were killed by government forces or sympathizers then.  Peace talks were halted after that.  It's quickly devolved even further and spread to other cities, and at least one US citizen has been killed by a gang of government sympathizers, too.  Banks and gas stations are closed as are most groceries now (due to having run out of food).  No one knows where the president and VP are, by the way - it's suspected they've fled the country but not sure where.

It's changing minute-by-minute from reports I'm getting, not in a good way.

Best wishes to your friends down there.  Also best wishes to Becka.  I hope she continues to get better.
Julio tried to get to the ATM today - we funnel money to him through an ATM card that accesses an account we use solely for this purpose.  No way to get to the ATM due to the violence now.  He is going to try again tomorrow, but he's been told they're out of money anyway.

Another friend and I have been discussing trying to meet him in Guatemala or Panama to deliver him supplies ourselves.  The problem is that there is no way for him to get to the airport in Managua.  For a while you could still get around the blockades by taking tiny dirt roads but even that is not possible anymore, and it is wholly unsafe to try.  Now we're researching other small airports he could get to, which would fly him into Managua and he could connect from there.  Hopefully the airport would be safe for him at least.  Until a day or so ago he could have gotten to Liberia in Costa Rica, but we've heard that Costa Rica has now shut down visas for Nica citizens.  Trying to confirm whether that's true or just a rumor.

So in sum...there is violence everywhere, there is no food, there is no way to get money, there is no gas, and there is no way to get in or out.

The guy that teaches next door to me just announced on FB that he and his wife are expecting their third kid.

His wife posted pics featuring their two sons (like 2 and 5 years old) wearing shirts that say “I’m going to be a big brother” and “I’m going to be a big brother again”.

My Buddy is in a couple of the pics wearing a Nike “Just Do It” shirt. I seriously doubt that was planned.  

Users who are viewing this thread