What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (17 Viewers)

Fifth in the series:  Should I Eat This?

This hard-boiled egg I put in my backpack 11.5 hours ago?
I’d say it’s still good. Used to love the things. Now, for some reason they make me queezy even thinking about them. No bad experience with them, so there’s no logic behind this change in what I like.

I’d say it’s still good. Used to love the things. Now, for some reason they make me queezy even thinking about them. No bad experience with them, so there’s no logic behind this change in what I like.
I'm just the opposite.  Only started eating them maybe 9-12 months ago and now have them frequently.  They make a great hiking snack for a burst of energy.  I ate the other one I had about four hours into the hike (was still great), but now I'm home and wondered if the other one in my pack was still viable.  Think I'll encolden it a bit and then go for it.

I'm just the opposite.  Only started eating them maybe 9-12 months ago and now have them frequently.  They make a great hiking snack for a burst of energy.  I ate the other one I had about four hours into the hike (was still great), but now I'm home and wondered if the other one in my pack was still viable.  Think I'll encolden it a bit and then go for it.
you'll be fine. I've seen guy eat boiled eggs out of a gallon jar that's been sitting behind the bar forever.

(try no to fart for the sake of other beings in the room)

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, you should discard any perishable foods, including hard-boiled eggs, that have been left at room temperature for longer than two hours. - Oct 3, 2017

These guys have to pretty conservative by the nature of their jobs.  I would imagine your hike was relatively cool ...and eggs are eggspensive.  

Fifth in the series:  Should I Eat This?

This hard-boiled egg I put in my backpack 11.5 hours ago?
The gf and I went on a vacation a couple weeks ago. While checking her backpack before packing I found a hard boiled egg that had been in there for...I dunno, but a period of months at least. Then when we came back from vacation I found a string cheese and orange she had left in the car. I'm going to need a new gf or a cleaning company on retainer.

Mr. krista's friend Steve is heads-up at the final of the $1500 seven-card stud at the WSOP (killing Jesus along the way), and one of our mutual friends just sent him this text:

"Hey man, I've been really depressed lately, I need someone to talk to.  Do you have an hour or two to spare?  I really need you right now." :lmao:  

Last edited by a moderator:
The gf and I went on a vacation a couple weeks ago. While checking her backpack before packing I found a hard boiled egg that had been in there for...I dunno, but a period of months at least. Then when we came back from vacation I found a string cheese and orange she had left in the car. I'm going to need a new gf or a cleaning company on retainer.
Reminds me of when we bought tamales from Tamale Guy in Chicago and then I found some of them in the suitcase like six months later when I pulled it back out.  (Actually did not eat tamales nor even post here to ask!)

Mr. krista's friend Steve is heads-up at the final of the $1500 seven-card stud at the WSOP (killing Jesus along the way), and one of our mutual friends just sent him this text:

"Hey man, I've been really depressed lately, I need someone to talk to.  Do you have an hour or two to spare?  I really need you right now." :lmao:  
Send him a link to our depression thread ASAP...

...help will arrive.  :thumbup:

:lmao: That's awesome...  I have a good poker friend that finished 5th in that today after starting short stacked in 9th. Another friend just busted in the Seniors in 175th out of 5900.

Can't wait to go back the 24th for two more events.

I have 1 issue with tamales, you ever get a tamale and it turns to be a sweet one? I hate that. The sweet ones aren't  my thing. 

Anybody ever had lumpia? It's kinda the Filipino version of tamales, and they come in both savory and sweet varieties. Pretty good. 

Anybody ever had lumpia? It's kinda the Filipino version of tamales, and they come in both savory and sweet varieties. Pretty good. 
Lumpia is/are good, but other than that, Filipino food is all kinds of awful.  The only SE Asian country where the food isn't the best freaking stuff on the planet.  Think most of our meals there were along the lines of "we have mushed rice with some eggs, but put a lizard on top for good luck."

I love hard boiled eggs but they make my breath stink hours later.  Like have 2 for breakfast and then it kills the deal during sexy time even if I've brushed my teeth and eaten and drank other stuff all day. 

I love hard boiled eggs but they make my breath stink hours later.  Like have 2 for breakfast and then it kills the deal during sexy time even if I've brushed my teeth and eaten and drank other stuff all day. 
This is your fault for getting a new girlfriend with whom you get to have sexy time.  You need the ex back! ;)  

(I was just thinking about your post again yesterday, and how much in particular I loved the part where you said your life had seemed to go from black-and-white to color.)

This is your fault for getting a new girlfriend with whom you get to have sexy time.  You need the ex back! ;)  

(I was just thinking about your post again yesterday, and how much in particular I loved the part where you said your life had seemed to go from black-and-white to color.)
He stole that from the Wizard of Oz

No one had ever asked for my advice but I give this bit anyway: we all get one trip around the stars. One. That's it. And while there are always parts that aren't perfect, the whole of it should be a thrill.  One trip, same as everyone else. What is your trip like?

No one had ever asked for my advice but I give this bit anyway: we all get one trip around the stars. One. That's it. And while there are always parts that aren't perfect, the whole of it should be a thrill.  One trip, same as everyone else. What is your trip like?
:heart:  

From WSOP.com just now...

So far, the vast majority of the heads-up pots have been decided on third or fourth street.

One recent exception was a hand in which Jeff Lisandro completed and Steven A raised. Lisandro called and they both checked on fourth street before Lisandro fired on fifth. Steve A called and fired when Lisandro checked to him on sixth. Lisandro grabbed his board, turned it upside down, and shipped it toward the dealer. Steve A took a call and said, "i'll be back in an hour."

Yes.  I approve of lumpia.

Lumpia is/are good, but other than that, Filipino food is all kinds of awful.  The only SE Asian country where the food isn't the best freaking stuff on the planet.  Think most of our meals there were along the lines of "we have mushed rice with some eggs, but put a lizard on top for good luck."
You shut your whore mouth!  Pancit is almost always freaking delicious and I will fight any comers who think otherwise.

Not gonna touch that "pickled mouse stomach" drink ish they have there (I think? That may be 'Nam), but pancit?  Get me in front of a food truck serving legit pancit and I will close that ####er DOWN.

More wsop.com from Senior Tournament just now....

Four players were all in and the board was put down by the dealer who caused shock among the table as three players were eliminated. One of the players at the table informed us of how the preflop action went down.

Doug Hartwick raised to 18,000 from under the gun and saw three players move all in. Hartwick had them all covered and called.

Doug Hartwick:   KK
Opponent 1:   JJ
Opponent 2:   AA
Opponent 3:   QQ

Board:        K J 4 2 9

All four players held a pocket pair, but it was Hartwick who won the entire pot after he flopped top set. One opponent also managed to flop a set of jacks, but it was not enough, and Hartwick, to his shock, swooped in the pot as spectators and his fellow players took their opportunity to take a picture of this extremely rare hand!

More wsop.com from Senior Tournament just now....

Four players were all in and the board was put down by the dealer who caused shock among the table as three players were eliminated. One of the players at the table informed us of how the preflop action went down.

Doug Hartwick raised to 18,000 from under the gun and saw three players move all in. Hartwick had them all covered and called.

Doug Hartwick:   KK
Opponent 1:   JJ
Opponent 2:   AA
Opponent 3:   QQ

Board:        K J 4 2 9

All four players held a pocket pair, but it was Hartwick who won the entire pot after he flopped top set. One opponent also managed to flop a set of jacks, but it was not enough, and Hartwick, to his shock, swooped in the pot as spectators and his fellow players took their opportunity to take a picture of this extremely rare hand!
I lost with four 4s at the mirage one night to four 8s.  Another guy had KK on a hand that went. 

K

That was a killer. I was fuming until I remembered that a guy with top House was 3rd. Then it was a little funny. 

Users who are viewing this thread