Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

Taking some mandatory online training.  Can't just read the screens, have to wait for the slow-talking recording lady to read them to me before clicking through to the next screen.

About 2/3 through and I accidentally did a "refresh" thinking i was refreshing a page in a different browser window. IT STARTED OVER :wall: Took about 30 minutes just to get back to where I was. :wall:

And now I just had to sit through a couple minute mock "karaoke" video where some broad was singing about her poor practice of taking care of confidential documents. JFC kill me.

• Like 5
  • Replies 87.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

Taking some mandatory online training.  Can't just read the screens, have to wait for the slow-talking recording lady to read them to me before clicking through to the next screen.

About 2/3 through and I accidentally did a "refresh" thinking i was refreshing a page in a different browser window. IT STARTED OVER :wall: Took about 30 minutes just to get back to where I was. :wall:

And now I just had to sit through a couple minute mock "karaoke" video where some broad was singing about her poor practice of taking care of confidential documents. JFC kill me.

Well, at least it's not workplace diversity training.

• Like 3

I, I wish you could drink

At a real bar.

Like real barflies drink.

Though nothing.... nothing will keep us sober

We could buy you drinks forever and ever

We must really be jackholes.  For you to drink at the hotel

• Like 1

I, I'll eat at Burger King.

And you - you'll eat at Dairy Queen.

Though it has no drive through

We must really be jackholes.  For you to get out of your car.

You could have had Burger King.  And stayed in the car.

1 hour ago, heckmanm said:

heckmanm - so your eyes are so bad you can't read the screen?  No glasses?  Can't be corrected?  

Anyone have any recommendations for a portable charger and/or solar charger for iPhone?  I need to be able to use my phone for up to six days without having an electrical source.  The lighter weight, the better, though.  I'll be backpacking.

Edited by krista4
9 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Anyone have any recommendations for a portable charger and/or solar charger for iPhone?  I need to be able to use my phone for up to six days without having an electrical source.  The lighter weight, the better, though.  I'll be backpacking.

i have an anker one that i like.  nprobaly good for 2 full charges on an iPhone.  it's not solar, but i like the brand

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

when?

I want in on this, too.

2 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

i have an anker one that i like.  nprobaly good for 2 full charges on an iPhone.  it's not solar, but i like the brand

I'll look at those - thanks.  If I can find one that'll give me a couple of charges without solar, I'll probably do that.  The solar ones are heavier.

26 minutes ago, krista4 said:

I've had a solid experience with this one.  Charged our phones and ran USB powered fans to sleep with during Irma for two nights. Used the same in Cuba for a couple nights to power a fan at night.  Luxurious.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MQSMEEE/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1
4 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

headed tp pismo beach on the 5th, to redneck it up with my inlaws from HI!  just rented quads for the kids and we are meeting another inlaw that lives out of his rv and has nearly every toy possible.  3 more racing quads :unsure: 2 dune buggies, a specialized bouldering jeep(i have driven this, it's unreal) some other jeep, a lifted monster truck type thing and 2 jet skis.  after 3 days of high octane fun,  we are headed for the sequoia's for a week of camping.  can't wait!

You’re just one Trump bumpersticker away from being a Bakersfiledian.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, shuke said:

Don’t look elsewhere for this. You really need to think about what you would want to know about the job, its challenges, their expectations, etc.   The headhunter shouldn’t need to prompt you for this.  

This is what I did. I just went with the flow and asked what pertained to what I would be doing.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

I've had a solid experience with this one.  Charged our phones and ran USB powered fans to sleep with during Irma for two nights. Used the same in Cuba for a couple nights to power a fan at night.  Luxurious.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MQSMEEE/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wow, the new model claims 5.5 iPhone 8 charges.  Seems worth the 10.7 ounce weight. :thumbup: 

17 hours ago, shuke said:

I don’t live in Austin.  When I travel there, I stay in a hotel.  

I was just in St. Paul for 3 days and did the same thing. After a long day I just like getting back to the hotel and chillin in the bar

Just now, Mr.Pack said:

@krista4 Shark move, buy two of them

Need to keep weight down as much as possible.  The one DR posted is lighter, so tempting for that reason, but the RS one claims to have more charges.  Might get both and see how many charges I get from them, but I'm not going to carry more than one.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

pics

i'm old so it won't be what it once was but i'll do what i can to make it all that it can be

give me 30-45 minutes

56 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

:blackdot:

7 hours ago, kevzilla said:

he doesn't have time for GMTAN

Thanks, Lambskin. Hey guys. I know y'all are here but I didn't want to participate incorrectly and make Frosty mad. On the real though, anytime you need an extra man in Austin hit me up. I'm in a really good place right now, it'd be a positive addition.

:suds:

• Like 4
3 hours ago, krista4 said:

Need to keep weight down as much as possible.  The one DR posted is lighter, so tempting for that reason, but the RS one claims to have more charges.  Might get both and see how many charges I get from them, but I'm not going to carry more than one.

For me, one of the most fun things about camping, hiking, backpacking, etc. is the planning and prepping. Trying to fit everything that you need into the smallest and lightest pack as possible is really a fun game that begins long before the actual trek.

To a beginner, it may seem like just filling a backpack...but those who have done it often know that it not just what you stuff, but how and where you stuff. Weight bearing is important...quick access to high priority items is important...weather protection is important.

Wow...I'm getting all excited just typing this!

Have fun K! 

• Like 2
On 6/28/2018 at 10:15 AM, Mr.Pack said:

My company considers me retired (5 years experience & 55 years old), but not the Govt. I still have 10 years left according to their standards

Thanks, Obama

• Like 3
8 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

this seems appropriate now.  austin people, i will be attending a wedding next year.  i will be looking to drink with people from the internet rather than people from the wedding.  that is all.

Looks like I have plans

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Couldn't talk the wife into Shell Beach, but we'll be heading just south of there ourselves.. 

I couldn't talk my wife into the Shell station, so she peed behind some bushes

• Like 2
3 hours ago, krista4 said:

Wow, the new model claims 5.5 iPhone 8 charges.  Seems worth the 10.7 ounce weight. :thumbup: 

I can think of 10 oz of other things to survive a six day hike.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ChainsawU said:

Thanks, Lambskin. Hey guys. I know y'all are here but I didn't want to participate incorrectly and make Frosty mad. On the real though, anytime you need an extra man in Austin hit me up. I'm in a really good place right now, it'd be a positive addition.

:suds:

Meet me at Pinballz in Buda

11 minutes ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

Nephew, like anybody has 10 minutes to waste.

8 minutes at best. But it wouldn’t be a waste. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Hawks64 said:

But there is a thing called Uber that takes you wherever you would like to go. I use it all the time so I am not drinking in crappy hotel bars but awesome places, which are plentiful in Austin.

I go to places, but at some point I have to go back to my hotel.  And wala! there is another bar there.  

• Like 6
14 hours ago, kevzilla said:

You know what else is plentiful in Austin? GMTANers who would buy drinks for shuke.

:shrug:

Sorry, next time.  My schedule when I am down has been so unpredictable lately.

11 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

I'm out.

Hand off complete. I'm in.

My brother and I went in on splitting a hog (not a euphemism) and I'm heading to Maryland in a few to pick up my share.