What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (7 Viewers)

How do the other businesses there with “Cambria” in their name get away with it?
I’d guess there’s no likelihood of confusion.  In trademark law, beer and wine could be seen as related goods, which heightens the risk of confusion.  But I could put Cambria on my line of naan ovens or self-flushing toilets and it wouldn’t be seen the same way as they’re unrelated goods.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do the other businesses there with “Cambria” in their name get away with it?
They are not alcohol related.  There is no trademark law distinction between beer, wine and spirits.  Eventually a cease and desist will be issued and the 2 companies will have plenty of money to throw around and hopefully change the law, but it is what we have for now.

They are not alcohol related.  There is no trademark law distinction between beer, wine and spirits.  Eventually a cease and desist will be issued and the 2 companies will have plenty of money to throw around and hopefully change the law, but it is what we have for now.
Sheesh.  You should get together with the rubber stamp shop and the toy soldier store and stage a coup.

So, I may or may not have just placed a racial epithet in the thread about pizza. (I suppose it depends on your definition of such....or whether you actually give a #### about such, now that I think of it).

Meh.  Not changing a damn thing.  I may or may not have already had 3 or 4 Godfathers this afternoon, so my level of care isn't exactly at what I'd call "optimum levels."  Hope I wasn't too "non-excellent" though. 

Apologies in advance to any of our Italian American community in the house.  Sorry 'bout that cultural little man's disease a lot of y'all seem to have going on.  It was just a joke and I dearly love a lot of your food and your limincello. *olive branch*

So, I may or may not have just placed a racial epithet in the thread about pizza. (I suppose it depends on your definition of such....or whether you actually give a #### about such, now that I think of it).

Meh.  Not changing a damn thing.  I may or may not have already had 3 or 4 Godfathers this afternoon, so my level of care isn't exactly at what I'd call "optimum levels."  Hope I wasn't too "non-excellent" though. 

Apologies in advance to any of our Italian American community in the house.  Sorry 'bout that cultural little man's disease a lot of y'all seem to have going on.  It was just a joke and I dearly love a lot of your food and your limincello. *olive branch*
Why did Pope Francis have reservations about accepting his papacy?

He didn’t want to move into an Italian neighborhood.

Ethan

Hey Malloy, thanks for your FB well-wishes.  You aren't quite the bastahd you pretend to be.

My wife is a "literacy instructor" (read: part-time reading teacher to small groups of kids) at our neighborhood elementary school.  "Tow Truck Driver Dad" comes to school for lunch with his daughter and special-needs son several times/week.  Basically TTDD was abandoned by his wife and works nights and visits school for lunches with his kids and apparently barely sleeps and is admired by all of us who see (="know") him.  Tonight we happened to hear from the daughter (as we grilled on the back porch) that her Down's Syndrome brother wandered off and was missing.  My family started walking around, then driving around, the vicinity looking for Ethan.  From the time we heard he was missing, to the time he was found (about 1 mile from his home, knocking on a neighbor's door, asking for help) , was about 2:15.  We saw dozens of vehicles and pods of people on this 1/4 o our town.  When we heard from our neighbor that he was "Found!   Back home!! :thumbsup:!"  I started weeping.  I am weeping now.

Sometimes I say I am from "Central Oregon" or "around the Bend, OR area" because no one has ever heard of Redmond, OR.  I am the "other guy from Oregon."  I am from a small town in the Pac NW.  Tonight I say, "I am from Redmond, OR."  I am proud as hell.  I saw a bunch of small town Oregonians rally around a family most of them don't know, spurred on by word of mouth and social media, to help find a little boy they have never known.  My town is good.  People are good.  God bless America.

Ethan

Hey Malloy, thanks for your FB well-wishes.  You aren't quite the bastahd you pretend to be.

My wife is a "literacy instructor" (read: part-time reading teacher to small groups of kids) at our neighborhood elementary school.  "Tow Truck Driver Dad" comes to school for lunch with his daughter and special-needs son several times/week.  Basically TTDD was abandoned by his wife and works nights and visits school for lunches with his kids and apparently barely sleeps and is admired by all of us who see (="know") him.  Tonight we happened to hear from the daughter (as we grilled on the back porch) that her Down's Syndrome brother wandered off and was missing.  My family started walking around, then driving around, the vicinity looking for Ethan.  From the time we heard he was missing, to the time he was found (about 1 mile from his home, knocking on a neighbor's door, asking for help) , was about 2:15.  We saw dozens of vehicles and pods of people on this 1/4 o our town.  When we heard from our neighbor that he was "Found!   Back home!! :thumbsup:!"  I started weeping.  I am weeping now.

Sometimes I say I am from "Central Oregon" or "around the Bend, OR area" because no one has ever heard of Redmond, OR.  I am the "other guy from Oregon."  I am from a small town in the Pac NW.  Tonight I say, "I am from Redmond, OR."  I am proud as hell.  I saw a bunch of small town Oregonians rally around a family most of them don't know, spurred on by word of mouth and social media, to help find a little boy they have never known.  My town is good.  People are good.  God bless America.
####### rules

Anyone here familiar with the Morristown area? I worked in NY/NJ in the mid 80s on the road as a company rep. That was my favorite area in the region at the time. I'm thinking of spending a couple of days there on an upcoming trip to the region. Can I trust my fond memories?

Anyone here familiar with the Morristown area? I worked in NY/NJ in the mid 80s on the road as a company rep. That was my favorite area in the region at the time. I'm thinking of spending a couple of days there on an upcoming trip to the region. Can I trust my fond memories?
I just realized that there is a Morristown and a Moorestown in NJ.  NJ is dumb sometimes.   

Guess who got roped into pulling weeds at the Elementary school because some do gooder complained on Next Door that the school grounds looked overgrown and shabby on voting day

Some customer care dude was supposed to come by between 12-4 today and never showed.  I wore pants all day for no reason at all. :hot:  
I’m sorry I didn’t show up, honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My clothes didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!

Wife caught a stone while driving today, resulting in a circular crack about a foot in diameter in the windshield.

Between us, this will be the 3rd new windshield since January :mellow:

GroveDiesel said:
No offense to anyone in here that has posted in it, but every time I go into the "Funny things your kid has said" thread I'm reminded that parents think the things their kids say and do are a whole lot cuter/funnier than what everyone else thinks.

Or maybe it just explains why so many terrible sitcoms are so popular.
One day, when my kid was about 5 or 6, we were riding in the car. A cover of "Mrs. Robinson" came on the stereo (Lemonheads?). My kid asks "Is this country music?"

I tell him "No...why?"

He replies "because it talks about Jesus"

GroveDiesel said:
No offense to anyone in here that has posted in it, but every time I go into the "Funny things your kid has said" thread I'm reminded that parents think the things their kids say and do are a whole lot cuter/funnier than what everyone else thinks.

There’s a few genuine LOLs but most of them read like excerpts from Readers Digest 

GroveDiesel said:

:laughtrack:

GroveDiesel said:

Whatchyou talkin' about, Willis?

Guess who got roped into pulling weeds at the Elementary school because some do gooder complained on Next Door that the school grounds looked overgrown and shabby on voting day
If the weeds are going to die soon, I'm going to have to go with St. Louis Bob

this would be bad, if true.  terrible.

any more to the story?
Wait....wut?  EG is one of the only reasons (maybe the only reason) I even both to wander out of this neck of the woods and back into the Steelers' thread occasionally.   Did he get perma-bounced, or something?

Henry Ford said:
What? Why?

5-ish Finkle said:
Wait....wut?  EG is one of the only reasons (maybe the only reason) I even both to wander out of this neck of the woods and back into the Steelers' thread occasionally.   Did he get perma-bounced, or something?
Lengthy ban, last I heard he didn’t really see much reason to return

Users who are viewing this thread