What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (18 Viewers)

Our neighborhood does that.  The kids enjoy it.  Bunch of grumpy old farts in here. 
GADDAM RIGHT!  Keep your passive aggressive Snicker's to you gaddam self, Mrs. Kravitz! ("Passive Aggressive Snickers" is the name of my  Chocolate Watchband cover band).

I like Necco wafers.  :bag:
Well, yeah, you would. 

How many of those bad boys do you think you could scarf (seewhatIdidthere?) down by dashboard light to an Eminem B-side while filming a video where you're putting Shuke on blast over the amount of scrapple he could/couldn't mow through in one sitting?  Over/under triple digits?  

GADDAM RIGHT!  Keep your passive aggressive Snicker's to you gaddam self, Mrs. Kravitz! ("Passive Aggressive Snickers" is the name of my  Chocolate Watchband cover band).

Well, yeah, you would. 

How many of those bad boys do you think you could scarf (seewhatIdidthere?) down by dashboard light to an Eminem B-side while filming a video where you're putting Shuke on blast over the amount of scrapple he could/couldn't mow through in one sitting?  Over/under triple digits?  
Freaking awesome. All of it. Chocolate Watchband and Eminem B-Side? Here, go to graduation, cave stomp, and elongate the vowels?‍?

Bravo, Maestro.  

5-ish Finkle said:
Well, yeah, you would. 

Well, I hadn't had them in years and I think a while back, there were rumors that the delicious wafers were going to be discontinued.  My MIL, god lover her, bought me a sleeve of them.  In another episode of 'You Know You're Getting Old When....'  I tossed a few wafers in my mouth, chomped down and, while savoring the delicious flavor of the Necco, realized that my teeth started to hurt.  So, I left them on my dresser for a few months and just stared at them when I'd get my underwear and socks.  Finally threw them away not too long ago.

? ?Mike P ? ?‏ @patnspankme 9h9 hours ago

Don’t feel bad, dollar store laundry detergent, for I too appear to be a better deal than I actually am.

My buddy Dean was in town this weekend for the Ducks game; what an awesome experience that was!  We've been in the same fantasy league together for 20+ years and it's the same group of guys.  My dad is in there, my ex-BIL, some of my fraternity brothers, buddies from high school.  And then there's a guy that's been in there the entire time who is a bit of an odd fellow.  Well, we're all odd, but this guy....he's out there.  Let's call him "Ted".

Ted is probably 6'4" and when Dean and I first met him, he was a pretty smooth cat.  The ladies really liked Ted and many a night out on the town with Ted in the late 90's ended with Ted going home with a nice looking lady.  Ted moved to the Bay Area in 2000 or so, met a woman, settled down and, as luck would have it, got her pregnant.  Not wanting to raise a kid in the Bay Area (and really, not having the sort of income one would need to do so) they moved up to Portland.  

Ted never married this gal, but they stayed together after their daughter was born and tried to make a go of things.  Didn't really pan out and they had a pretty nasty split.  Ever since then, Ted has been reluctant to date and is no longer the smooth cat he once was.  That split took its toll on him and Ted has kind of let himself go.  Bald now, bad facial hair, strange glasses, a little extra padding.  He's a great dad, has his now 14 year old daughter 50% of the time and lives with her in a 2 BR apartment.  

Ted tells us he's got a new girlfriend, but that things are a little rocky.  We pressed him and he just unloaded.  Apparently, this new GF lost her job and then lost her lease so she was in a bad spot.  Ted said she could temporarily move in with him and his daughter, but that as soon as she got another job, he wanted her to get her own place.  Well.....that didn't happen.  I know, surprise, surprise, surprise.  Not only has the GF moved in, but she too has a 15 year old daughter and now Ted has 3 girls living with him in a 2 BR apartment.  But wait, it gets better.

Not only has the GF remained unemployed, she has a "volunteer" job that has unusual hours, so she's out late at night, sleeps in and doesn't even try to find a job that will pay her.  So, we pressed again.  What kind of "volunteer" job.  After a long pause, Ted said "you don't want to know".  The table - including my dad - disagreed and said that we DO want to know.  Ted said "It's a club".  And I said "A strip club?"  Ted said "no, worse".  :mellow:

Apparently, there is a swingers club in downtown Portland.  His GF is a house dancer there and volunteers to show people around the club and try to sell memberships.  He said she refuses to give up this volunteer job and has taken him there so he can see that there's nothing to worry about.  Apparently, she likes to go there and dance because guys can't hit on her or grind on her.  There's all sorts of rules that have to be followed.  No phones allowed, no talking to women, they have to come talk to you first.  He said he just sat there, not doing anything when all of a sudden this couple just went over to a mattress near him and started humping.  He walked away, went past an open door and saw four dudes nailing a small Asian woman.  That was enough for Ted so he left.

He's told the GF she has to move out or get a real job.  We told him he should RUN away from this situation as far and as fast as possible, but.....he really likes her and says the sex is fantastic.  :lmao:

WTF?????
Portland, eh.....

It's totally advisable to want to make a complete departure from an industry that you've been in for 20 or so years in your mid-40's, right? 

Asking for a friend.  He/she will answer yours.

Not  sure I should be typing this but pretty sick right now.

I haven't been drinking on Friday nights because it's football season and I usually get loaded with the boys on Thursday at magic football meetings.  I just need to cut back, I don't like the way I feel. Most of the times don't drink Saturday if I'm going to watch football. So there's that.

Last Saturday morning Mrs. SLB wakes me up and I'm a little pissed as I have some solid quality sleep in.   Things are looking good, just picked up a bunch of business, the boys seem to be on track, just let me sleep damn it.  She hands me her phone and is crying.  I'm not pissed anymore. It's my GB Jason, he's at my cousin Jimbo's house.  Their son died. ####. He told me Jimbo tried to call me at 1:30 when the cops stopped by to tell him and his wife but I was sleeping.  No, it's not my fault but sick about it. 

I called Jimbo and asked if he wanted me to come over and he didn't hesitate, yes.  Jimbo is as tough and strong a gangster you want to meet.  I was shocked. Even if he said no I was going over there.  When I got there he hugged me.  Jimbo doesn't hug. It lasted a good 10 seconds.  Took everything to not cry. I spent all day with him, and his wife, as people came and went.

Then Monday I'm tasked with meeting literally 60  new clients. I ended up staying in Champaign and getting wasted.  I still needed to meet people the next day, and yes I'm a #####, I started tearing up. I'm ####### smiling, shaking hands, and tearing up. lol  JFC I worked through it. Got a speeding ticket and some egss benedict florintine.  Drinking heavily now as there's a 4 hour wake , which is short, and then a short service. 

I want to do bad things to heroin dealers.

I haven't been drinking on Friday nights because it's football season and I usually get loaded with the boys on Thursday at magic football meetings.  I just need to cut back, I don't like the way I feel. Most of the times don't drink Saturday if I'm going to watch football. So there's that.

Last Saturday morning Mrs. SLB wakes me up and I'm a little pissed as I have some solid quality sleep in.   Things are looking good, just picked up a bunch of business, the boys seem to be on track, just let me sleep damn it.  She hands me her phone and is crying.  I'm not pissed anymore. It's my GB Jason, he's at my cousin Jimbo's house.  Their son died. ####. He told me Jimbo tried to call me at 1:30 when the cops stopped by to tell him and his wife but I was sleeping.  No, it's not my fault but sick about it. 

I called Jimbo and asked if he wanted me to come over and he didn't hesitate, yes.  Jimbo is as tough and strong a gangster you want to meet.  I was shocked. Even if he said no I was going over there.  When I got there he hugged me.  Jimbo doesn't hug. It lasted a good 10 seconds.  Took everything to not cry. I spent all day with him, and his wife, as people came and went.

Then Monday I'm tasked with meeting literally 60  new clients. I ended up staying in Champaign and getting wasted.  I still needed to meet people the next day, and yes I'm a #####, I started tearing up. I'm ####### smiling, shaking hands, and tearing up. lol  JFC I worked through it. Got a speeding ticket and some egss benedict florintine.  Drinking heavily now as there's a 4 hour wake , which is short, and then a short service. 

sorry bob, that's the kind of stuff all of us parents fear the most.  

It's totally advisable to want to make a complete departure from an industry that you've been in for 20 or so years in your mid-40's, right? 

Asking for a friend.  He/she will answer yours.
It depends on where you are going and what you will be doing, but it can be done successfully.  More information would be needed for more detailed advice, but if you follow your passion and/or leverage your past experience you can do it.

It depends on where you are going and what you will be doing, but it can be done successfully.  More information would be needed for more detailed advice, but if you follow your passion and/or leverage your past experience you can do it.
Well, that's the rub isn't it?  Leveraging past experience has put me precisely where I'm at. 

Following passions?  I'm basically old and tired now, which also makes me easily frustrated and cranky, so nothing really melts my butter much anymore.  Therein lies the problem, I suppose.

So sorry to hear this.  You and Jimbo and his family have my condolences. 

Well, that's the rub isn't it?  Leveraging past experience has put me precisely where I'm at. 

Following passions?  I'm basically old and tired now, which also makes me easily frustrated and cranky, so nothing really melts my butter much anymore.  Therein lies the problem, I suppose.
Then I might question any major career changes.  I have seen people make a compete change at middle age (maybe a middle age crisis?) and enjoy life much more afterwards because of it.  It's definitely possible, but if you don't really care about anything then I probably wouldn't take the risk.

Then I might question any major career changes.  I have seen people make a compete change at middle age (maybe a middle age crisis?) and enjoy life much more afterwards because of it.  It's definitely possible, but if you don't really care about anything then I probably wouldn't take the risk.
You've convinced me.  I'll just keep ticking off the days until my eventual stroke.

I'm going to pile on, because today seems to have been a bad day for the GMTAN inhabitants.  I had lunch with a good friend today, where he told me he was diagnosed with prostate cancer.  Scares the crap out of me because I have heard prostate cancer is a tough one to beat.  #### cancer.

I'm going to pile on, because today seems to have been a bad day for the GMTAN inhabitants.  I had lunch with a good friend today, where he told me he was diagnosed with prostate cancer.  Scares the crap out of me because I have heard prostate cancer is a tough one to beat.  #### cancer.
If the cancer is still limited to the prostatic capsule, survival rates are quite high.

If the cancer is still limited to the prostatic capsule, survival rates are quite high.
I really hope that's the case.  He said that he's been to some of the top cancer hospitals in the country, but has gotten mixed advice.  One doctor said he thinks surgery is the answer, although it sounds very invasive with risks.  Another thinks chemo is the best way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread