Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, badmojo1006 said:

I am in Starbucks.  The music played "Hungry like a wolf", then another song and back to "Hungry like a wolf".:unsure:

Guy behind the counter vaguely looks like Simon le bon. 

Did he have a view to a kill?

1 minute ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

I gave it 2 episodes and bailed.  

About the same.  Have been a fan of morose  / melancholy Jim Carrey vehicles in the past (Truman, Eternal Sunshine... even liked The Majestic) much more than his shticky slapstick stuff. That and a pretty good cast led me in. Came out of 2-3 episodes thinking 'I don't want to feel like this' 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Epic Problem said:

About the same.  Have been a fan of morose  / melancholy Jim Carrey vehicles in the past (Truman, Eternal Sunshine... even liked The Majestic) much more than his shticky slapstick stuff. That and a pretty good cast led me in. Came out of 2-3 episodes thinking 'I don't want to feel like this' 

I also hate the kid.  Unrealistic to the point of distraction.

Speaking of trick-or-treating, what time do I need to leave my house today to avoid having to open the door for any of these kids?  Don't worry; I'm leaving out big bowls of candy.  The good kind.

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

You know the first group of kids takes it all and then they're just empty bowls after that, right?

This is what I've heard.  I wonder if they'll be aware of the fact that every house in this neighborhood has Ring, though.  In any case, sounds like a them problem, not a me problem.

• Like 1

My wife left out a bowl last year with a sign that said something like, "We're watching.  Just take ONE." 

The first kid who grabbed a handful got a very loud, "HEY!  WHAT'S THE SIGN SAY?"

It didn't change anything, but it sure as hell was fun.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Speaking of trick-or-treating, what time do I need to leave my house today to avoid having to open the door for any of these kids?  Don't worry; I'm leaving out big bowls of candy.  The good kind.

ToT always ended in my neighborhood at 6:00, which is convenient because that's when I get off the train from work. However, I've just been informed that this year it ends at 7:00. Since I have no intentions of staying at work late, I think I'm going to have to find a bar to occupy that extra hour. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

My wife left out a bowl last year with a sign that said something like, "We're watching.  Just take ONE." 

The first kid who grabbed a handful got a very loud, "HEY!  WHAT'S THE SIGN SAY?"

It didn't change anything, but it sure as hell was fun.

:lmao: Mr. krista had already suggested that, wherever we go, we use Ring to #### with them.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Epic Problem said:

ToT always ended in my neighborhood at 6:00, which is convenient because that's when I get off the train from work. However, I've just been informed that this year it ends at 7:00. Since I have no intentions of staying at work late, I think I'm going to have to find a bar to occupy that extra hour. 

Ends at 6?  WTF?  It's not even dark yet.  That's starting time.

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Ends at 6?  WTF?  It's not even dark yet.  That's starting time.

It had been 4-6 for the last few years. I still live in the same town, but have moved recently. In my old place there’d be probably a couple thousand kids hitting the street  2 blocks over. It was insane. Some of the houses would build haunted trails in the yard. Everyone handing out great candy. It just kept getting bigger and bigger. Even had buses show up a few times. It got to the point that the cops just knew it was coming so they’d barricade off that street for 2-3 blocks. We’d get the spill over from that. Majority of kids not even in costume, ‘kids’ with visible tattoos, ####### parents that look at you sideways for giving kids static for taking handfuls of candy. It was just a miserable experience and 6 couldn’t come fast enough. 

New house isn’t so bad. We’re a good mile + away from that mayhem and most of the people on that street stopped with the haunted trails / over the top crap so the crowds have supposedly died down. 

1 hour ago, krista4 said:

The dad of my brother's ex-wife just sent me a Facebook friend request.  This seems odd.

That's weird, but he's probably old and doesn't understand what he pressed when he sent you the friend request.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, General Malaise said:

My daughter is furious that there is school tomorrow since Halloween is a holiday.  I'm encouraging her to take it to the principal and have told her she has a case.  My wife is not enthused with my antics.

tell her that the entire csusd has tomorrow off.  should bolster her case.

1 hour ago, Epic Problem said:

ends at 6?  are you amish?

• Like 2
Just now, kevzilla said:

Heading over to my GB's house for the annual Halloween spectacular. There's a 35-foot pirate ship, spanning two yards. :boxing:

Not in my hood, but my personal favorite that I’ve seen is someone turn their front yard into the Master Of Puppets album cover.

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

Heading over to my GB's house for the annual Halloween spectacular. There's a 35-foot pirate ship, spanning two yards. :boxing:

You fit a 35-foot pirate ship into a 6 foot space?  

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1
2 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Never knew LD lived in the Robert Taylor homes.

i've been to the Robert Taylor Homes. i assure you, there is no trick or treating. at 6. before 6. after 6.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, krista4 said:

Watching from ring.  First kid was an adorable little fireman.  As he was politely putting something in his basket, mom reached over and took two Reese's and shoved ‘em in there, peeking around the corner to see if anyone saw her.

MAMMA WANT REESES.

• Like 8