Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

52 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Why didn't you just move?

Thought about it, and would've needed to do it right in the moment (after we had already set up for the day). Decided to go swimming and enjoy ourselves instead. When we got back to the chairs, not enough free chairs to make the move.

Life could certainly be worse- even with cigar-speaker man, and the pool closed for a commercial shoot. Life is good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Floppo said:

We set up on an empty beach in front of our Cozumel hotel this morning and get breakfast. When we get back to the chairs, a couple and their young kid had set up immediately next to our chairs...leaving the rest of the open chairs untouched. Guy pulls out his laptop, portable speaker and cigar and turns all up to 11. Not even 10am. 

I'm a curmudgeon, right? Blasting speakers and cigars on a resort beach right next to the only other people there is totally cool...right? 

Yes. Look at me.

What's he playing over the speakers?

For instance the other night the wife and I were waiting for some friends at the neighborhood watering hole. 

Some absolute clown-dick kept playing new country on the jukebox.  After the 4th "song" in a row...maybe that "Country Boy" affront to humanity (not the John Denver one)...I pretty much just yelled out "G**D***IT".   I didn't care who heard me.  

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1

3 hours ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

For instance the other night the wife and I were waiting for some friends at the neighborhood watering hole. 

Some absolute clown-dick kept playing new country on the jukebox.  After the 4th "song" in a row...maybe that "Country Boy" affront to humanity (not the John Denver one)...I pretty much just yelled out "G**D***IT".   I didn't care who heard me.  

Touchtunes app is useful in these situations

• Like 1

11 hours ago, urbanhack said:

I'll be in Florida for 9 days starting next Friday for work.  Who wants to hang out?    Big O?  who else we got down there?   I'll be in Ft. Lauderdale for half and Tampa for the other half.

🥂

I'm busy with work, thanks, but here you go:

Train?

3 hours ago, TobiasFunke said:

Whatever happened to the "Boston Sports- we're awesome at everything" thread?   Robert Kraft just got busted for soliciting a prostitute, and I need to know where to take my petty schadenfreude and juvenile jokes.

So much for it being a victimless crime

6 hours ago, TobiasFunke said:

Whatever happened to the "Boston Sports- we're awesome at everything" thread?   Robert Kraft just got busted for soliciting a prostitute, and I need to know where to take my petty schadenfreude and juvenile jokes.

Joe brought the hammer down concerning making jokes about the Kraft case.  Human trafficking and all that.

23 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

@saintfool, how'd you get concussed? how are you feeling?

No real dignity to the story, unfortunately. I was outside with my son and horsing around in the snow. I slipped on some ice and faceplanted into the sidewalk. I have a huge black eye, mild concussion that gave me crazy vertigo for a few days, the swelling around my eye is bad enough that it's pressing against a batch of nerves in my cheek and causing some numbness along the cheek, left side of my nose, and left side of my upper lip. i had a MRI today because there is some question of bone(s) broken around the eye socket, cheek, and/or brain pan.

i'm mostly feeling like myself except for the numbness thing. my boy tells me I'm no longer able to call myself "pretty" after this.   

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

On 2/22/2019 at 12:13 AM, urbanhack said:

I'll be in Florida for 9 days starting next Friday for work.  Who wants to hang out?    Big O?  who else we got down there?   I'll be in Ft. Lauderdale for half and Tampa for the other half.

🥂

I’m here (IN TAMPA) until the 6th then off to Sedona.  PM me if you want to grab a beer or the obligatory grouper sandwich.

Edited by Osaurus

On 2/20/2019 at 12:32 PM, shuke said:

Oh wtmf 

So, shuke designs/patents medical devices, but cant figure out a way to get more than 15 suckers into a human mouth at once?  Sounds like someone needs to hit Solidworks a little bit harder this weekend!

Seriously though, what kinda devices we talking here anyway?  Im legitimately interested.  A friend of mine and I have talked off and on about exploring getting more 3D work in the medical/healthcare field and device stuff is usually one of the things mentioned by pros we've talked with (i assume theres a lot of pre viz/prototyping?).

2 hours ago, cosjobs said:

Have you looked into shoes with a wide toe box? That helped my sciatica and cured my plantar faciitis

One of my biggest mistakes ever was ordering cowboy boots through the mail. I had no idea how small the toe area could be. Ever since then I have gravitated towards wide toed shoes.

16 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

One of my biggest mistakes ever was ordering cowboy boots through the mail. I had no idea how small the toe area could be. Ever since then I have gravitated towards wide toed shoes.

Like Roy Roger's boots from the back of a comic book? Mail order cowboy boots?

• Laughing 1

1 hour ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

So, shuke designs/patents medical devices, but cant figure out a way to get more than 15 suckers into a human mouth at once?  Sounds like someone needs to hit Solidworks a little bit harder this weekend!

Seriously though, what kinda devices we talking here anyway?  Im legitimately interested.  A friend of mine and I have talked off and on about exploring getting more 3D work in the medical/healthcare field and device stuff is usually one of the things mentioned by pros we've talked with (i assume theres a lot of pre viz/prototyping?).

Butt plugs

• Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Oh God please let them be these

Edited by El Floppo
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

you understand that if you're unsatisfied with the amount of food shuke can stuff in his mouth, you have recourse, right?  let's see 16 suckers in your mouth, my friend.   youtube is a lot easier than installing netflix