What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (6 Viewers)

My step-cousin is out of the hospital, but his memory of the last 10 years is still gone.  His family has been trying to get him up to speed on...well, everything.  In the current events area, his wife and he had the following conversation:

Shannon: Hey, do you remember the businessman, Donald Trump?
David: Yes I remember him. 
Shannon: Well he’s now our President of the United States!
David: NO WAY?! You’re kidding me, right?!   :lmao:  

This is meant as a funny yet apolitical post.  (If I had to guess, I'd say they both voted for Trump.)

My step-cousin is out of the hospital, but his memory of the last 10 years is still gone.  His family has been trying to get him up to speed on...well, everything.  In the current events area, his wife and he had the following conversation:

This is meant as a funny yet apolitical post.  (If I had to guess, I'd say they both voted for Trump.)
that poor ******* ...

how's his stocks doing?

Have you told him about birds pooping on one's face?

Wait till she tells him a black Muslim from Africa was president too.

Not to make light of a bad situation, but this would be epic shtick to run on my family.

A) I think it's crazy that these were ever a thing

B) I also think it's crazy that I forgot they existed until seeing this

C) Even crazier is that all it took was to see the picture and the basic caption and I immediately understood it to be communicating both A and B

Not to make light of a bad situation, but this would be epic shtick to run on my family.
I've honestly thought about how much fun it would be to fill Mr. krista's head with misinformation if he ever lost 10 years of memory.  So yeah, I'm probably a worse person than you are.

Dealing with ####### leasing agents/property managers/related individuals is balls.   In case anyone was wondering.

Also, in case anyone was wondering, I hate looking for new places to live.  You'd think I'd have become accustomed to that ish by now given the past 3-4 years....but I have not.  Cali is so stupid with it too.  Try to find a place 2 months before a lease expires?  "Sorry....no idea what's available."  Wait til a month out?  "Oh, sorry....only things available are two weeks after your move out date or three weeks before.  *shrug*"

Guess we're diving back into the privately-owned-property-for-lease morass.  Pray. For. Mojo.

Last edited by a moderator:
5-ish Finkle said:
Dealing with ####### leasing agents/property managers/related individuals is balls.   In case anyone was wondering.

Also, in case anyone was wondering, I hate looking for new places to live.  You'd think I'd have become accustomed to that ish by now given the past 3-4 years....but I have not.  Cali is so stupid with it too.  Try to find a place 2 months before a lease expires?  "Sorry....no idea what's available."  Wait til a month out?  "Oh, sorry....only things available are two weeks after your move out date or three weeks before.  *shrug*"

Guess we're diving back into the privately-owned-property-for-lease morass.  Pray. For. Mojo.
Gl, gb. Moving sucks.

It does.

Don't even get me started how about 40% of SoCal thinks that you should be hauling around a refrigerator from property to property.
wtf.

NYC has this earnings need to be 40x monthly rent thing for rentals. considering rents are 3k to start for smaller apts, you need to show 120k just for those. forget about 2-3brs. a big reason why so many units are going to packs of post-grads all making less than that but packing in and splitting rent- and also using their parents as guarantors. families have to be mkaing well clear of 200k to qualify for these things.... I can't compete with that.

Let's recap my Monday..........

- Left my breakfast at home

-Left my lunch at home.

- Forgot my coffee in the garage.

- Walked face first into a glass window, hard..... I mean HARD, eyes watering saw stars, thought I broke my nose. Worst part is, it was right outside the CEO's office. (I've only been here 6 months). So hard that my neck, head and back still hurt.

- Got the mail on the way in, and left my phone on top of the mailbox, only to realize it 2 hours later, and it's now gone. Hopefully one of the other tenants turns it in.

I need to go to bed.

My house sale finally closed.  Three failed contracts before this one; nine months on the market.  I'm not even happy.  I knew I'd been stressed about it, but now I'm crying not out of happiness but just all this stress getting released.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel better.  It's been almost more than I could handle.

But anyway, house sale, yay.

Yesterday, my mom trying to work a crossword. puzzle: What's a bread with vindaloo?

Me, not even looking up: Four letters, right?  :lmao:
It could have been roti!!  I was doing one a week or so ago and confidently filled in naan, only to find I was wrong.   :lmao:  

Where ya looking to move to?
Probably trying to stay fairly near to where we are currently.  Wife has been working in Orange for 3 months on a 6 month contract.  It MIGHT turn into full-time, so she doesn't want to make that commute any longer than it is now.  I know you're a fan of AV/MV.  We like it down that way too, but it'd double her commute.

Probably trying to stay fairly near to where we are currently.  Wife has been working in Orange for 3 months on a 6 month contract.  It MIGHT turn into full-time, so she doesn't want to make that commute any longer than it is now.  I know you're a fan of AV/MV.  We like it down that way too, but it'd double her commute.
yea.  it's hell.  i did anaheim for 3 years.  nearly killed me.  some day, we need to have a :banned:   

I"m not going to let this go, dan.

so anyways- had a morning meeting on site at the project that will likely get me fired (because we can't get the ####### permits).  

Got the permit tonight.

Got drinks tonight.

The psycho-emotuonal damage is done, and I'm definitely fighting my lifelong demons of self doubt/worth...but at least I've got the permit. And things will hopefully go up from here.

What kind of bar has "steak night"?  Oh that's right, strip clubs.
Related...

Our local “dive bar”, the one we can walk home from, is located in a strip mall built in 1976.  It shares a wall with a mom and pop sub sandwich shop (come to think of it...both the bar and the sandwich shop are the only two places that have been there since ‘76).

A couple of years ago some guy bought both places.  Last year he decided to have “Taco Night” a couple of nights a week. But the bar isn’t set up/coded to make food.

What did this guy do? 

He converted part of the kitchen in the sub shop into a taco fabricating area. Then he brought in a couple of taco artists to come in late nights after the sub shop closed for the night.

Then he CUT A HOLE in the wall between the sub/taco place and the bar.  Like a 2 foot by 2 foot hole.  

You throwing back a few Whipped Mules* and get a hankering for tacos? Sheeeeeeeeit. Just walk up to the hole and order yourself 3 or 4 tacos de camino, jefe.

This lasted for a couple of months.  No idea if the the health department shut it down or just economics.  But it was hilarious.

*Moscow Mule made with whipped cream flavored vodka.  My wife’s favorite.  What a slut.

What kind of bar has "steak night"?  Oh that's right, strip clubs.
"Welcome back, Chef Rick!"

(ETA: That was on the marquee of the local "Steakhouse" back in Florida for a good two and a half years.  Like....ninny bar chef is a "thing?"  And people actually missed him when he was gone?  I guess maybe once you find a guy who knows how to sautee pubes and sweatpant leavins juuuuust right it's a bigger deal than I imagine?)

Let's recap my Monday..........

- Left my breakfast at home

-Left my lunch at home.

- Forgot my coffee in the garage.

- Walked face first into a glass window, hard..... I mean HARD, eyes watering saw stars, thought I broke my nose. Worst part is, it was right outside the CEO's office. (I've only been here 6 months). So hard that my neck, head and back still hurt.

- Got the mail on the way in, and left my phone on top of the mailbox, only to realize it 2 hours later, and it's now gone. Hopefully one of the other tenants turns it in.

I need to go to bed.
Jesus, dude. How much of the past ten years can you recall?

i'm as anti-white nationalist as the next guy, i suppose but isn't this just that stupid "i made you look at the circle i made with my fingers now i get to punch you in the arm" thing that kids do?

Cubs investigating fan who appeared to use racist hand gesture on TV
Yeah, it's the circle game but apparently 4chan tried to co-op it as a white supremacist thing not a clue as to where you'd get that from the upside down ok.

mr. furley said:
i'm as anti-white nationalist as the next guy, i suppose but isn't this just that stupid "i made you look at the circle i made with my fingers now i get to punch you in the arm" thing that kids do?

Cubs investigating fan who appeared to use racist hand gesture on TV
I honestly have zero clue about what that sign means.   :confused:

I honestly have zero clue about what that sign means.   :confused:
it's a thing whereby if you can "trick" a friend in to looking at your hands as you're making that OK hand sign you get to sock them in the arm

caveat: you must be ok with getting cooties from punching another kid

mr. furley said:
super

my 10 year old does this "circle game" and thinks it's hilarious

guess i have to report her to the FBI
does the symbol still have to be below the waist when you catch the guy looking? 

(goes back to at least the late 60s rule). 

Users who are viewing this thread