What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (19 Viewers)

Good lord...

Our gas meter and our neighbor’s are both on my patio (condo).  A plumber came out today to redo the lines from the meters to our respective condos since the lines were deteriorating.  

I came home from work to see the plumber driving off and the Gas Company man pulling in.

Get this...the plumber ran the line from our meter to our neighbor’s condo and vice versa.  

Theyre fixing it tomorrow but FML.

Good lord...

Our gas meter and our neighbor’s are both on my patio (condo).  A plumber came out today to redo the lines from the meters to our respective condos since the lines were deteriorating.  

I came home from work to see the plumber driving off and the Gas Company man pulling in.

Get this...the plumber ran the line from our meter to our neighbor’s condo and vice versa.  

Theyre fixing it tomorrow but FML.
Sounds like it time for MAJOR gas BBQ party in Oildale...courtesy of you neibs.

this Olympic channel is a modern day replacement for ABC's Wide World of Sports.

currently drunk and watching badminton. which is amazing, by the way. i'm fascinated.

i think cliff diving is up next if these speedos and jheri curls are any indication.
My cousin, who is a football coach and AD in the Bay Area, “coached” his school’s badminton team a few years back.  His school has a bunch of kids of Southeast Asian descent.  He said “all I did was make them condition, give them pep talks, and drive them to matches. The rest of the time I just watched in awe.”

My cousin, who is a football coach and AD in the Bay Area, “coached” his school’s badminton team a few years back.  His school has a bunch of kids of Southeast Asian descent.  He said “all I did was make them condition, give them pep talks, and drive them to matches. The rest of the time I just watched in awe.”
the reaction time required to return shots is insane

there are lots of sports related activities i can imagine myself doing but this ain't one of em

this Olympic channel is a modern day replacement for ABC's Wide World of Sports.

currently drunk and watching badminton. which is amazing, by the way. i'm fascinated.

i think cliff diving is up next if these speedos and jheri curls are any indication.
BTW I was totally racially profiled today.

We had a party/dance to celebrate the almost end of the year and the distribution of yearbooks.  They hired a couple of DJs from our local “hits” radio station. Both were dusky fellows around 40.

At the start I was outside ushering kids into the gym.  While outside I hear them play “Me, Myself, And I”.  A few minutes later I go inside. I go up to the DJs with my fist extended (for a bump, not like the clowns in the political forum).  

They bump quizzically. I say “That’s for De La Soul”.  They both say “you know De La Soul?” And laughed.  

I told them “That album was spotwelded into my tape deck for like 3 months”. More laughs and bumps.

So basically have two new black friends.

We had a party/dance to celebrate the almost end of the year and the distribution of yearbooks.  They hired a couple of DJs from our local “hits” radio station. Both were dusky fellows around 40.

At the start I was outside ushering kids into the gym.  While outside I hear them play “Me, Myself, And I”.  A few minutes later I go inside. I go up to the DJs with my fist extended (for a bump, not like the clowns in the political forum).  

They bump quizzically. I say “That’s for De La Soul”.  They both say “you know De La Soul?” And laughed.  

I told them “That album was spotwelded into my tape deck for like 3 months”. More laughs and bumps.

I think that means you're officially allowed to use the N word now.

I want to hear it when you're ready.  Please!

Update on my end:  my step-cousin who lost 8-10 years of memory suddenly regained all of it this morning.  No idea why, as we had no idea why he lost it in the first place, though the doctors did predict it would happen.  Crazy stuff.
Wow. That's nuts.

Was there a big "HEY, I REMEMBER I HATE YOU" moment with anyone?

This is actually a very deep post.

Which way is exactly "backwards"?

It is similar to the widely studied & debated @Binky The Doormat Conundrum which involves the proper usage of "high" and "low" irt ordinal lists.

Is this is a similar conundrum that needs further exploration?

:shrug:
This is the patent for the toilet paper roll, from 1894, with pictures.

That is the correct way to place the roll.
Thank you very much Don. I seem to have been doing it correctly. 👍

Now - I've got some dragon's that need slay'n. 🐲

Good to see you. 🖖

One more than Joe

Funny you should say that.  When these condos were built, like 50 years ago, they all came with a built-in gas BBQ on same said patio.  When we bought it the BBQ was gone.  And they just capped off the gas feed about 3 inches above the concrete.  It’s always seemed sketchy to me.
Simple Life Hack - Uncap and light for easy patio bunsen burner heater.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few years back, we had a German exchange student named Anna.  My wife has kept in touch with her and her family, and we exchange cards and occasional gifts.

Anyway, my wife decided to make her a couple of bracelets, one of which has her name in Morse code in the beads. I first commented that it would work out well since her name is a palindrome, but then realized that Morse code "letters" aren't reversible. THEN I realized that "A" (dot-dash) and "N" (dash-dot) are mirror images, and that if you look at the bracelet from the opposite side it says "NAAN".

A few years back, we had a German exchange student named Anna.  My wife has kept in touch with her and her family, and we exchange cards and occasional gifts.

Anyway, my wife decided to make her a couple of bracelets, one of which has her name in Morse code in the beads. I first commented that it would work out well since her name is a palindrome, but then realized that Morse code "letters" aren't reversible. THEN I realized that "A" (dot-dash) and "N" (dash-dot) are mirror images, and that if you look at the bracelet from the opposite side it says "NAAN".
@krista4

Hey, quick question - is it still acceptable to get a hot tub installed in your yard? Or do I have to grow a mustache if I do that?

Hey, quick question - is it still acceptable to get a hot tub installed in your yard? Or do I have to grow a mustache if I do that?
Like, in the grass or dirt or bark chips?  No.  But if you have a pad poured or do pea gravel and it's right off your deck (or better yet on your deck), of course.

Like, in the grass or dirt or bark chips?  No.  But if you have a pad poured or do pea gravel and it's right off your deck (or better yet on your deck), of course.
I don’t have a back deck but I would build an elevated little hill a few feet from my back door and put a pre-fab polymer hot tub pad on it. 

We're at the family cabin at the lake for the long weekend. It's normally sunny and warm. It's raining this weekend. So 5 adults, 4 kids, and 3 dogs are all in a 1200sqft cabin together. 

I guess it's better than...something worse

I was ageism profiled last week. Was at a meeting, new person showed up. New person (Millennial) was introducing himself. One guys name is Carl so the Millennial said do you relate to  Carl on "Aqua Teen Hunger Force"?

Carl had no clue. I chimed in, "Is Carl the one in the wife beaters, bald and an jerk?"

Millennial said sure but was surprised I watched it.

"Why"? I asked 

"Cause you are old"  :rant: :boxing:

So I hit him with my walker and told him to get off my lawn

Users who are viewing this thread