What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (22 Viewers)

If I hear that - and i'm able I just constantly flush
Men's room at our office is extremely "echo-y". If I hear that when I enter I'll go into a stall next to that talker to whizz (if it's available), stand as far away from the bowl as I can, and arch that ##### into the water to make as much noise as is urethra-ly possible.  Hope your client enjoys the dulcet tones of Urinary Falls while you talk about "what brown can do for them."

Take the call outside, Connor.  This room is for dropping deuces, not picking up contracts.

Last edited by a moderator:
if'n i'm correct this whole millenials vs boomers thing is grandkids hating their grandparents, correct?

they skipped right past hating their parents to go after their grandparents?

this feels like an entirely new thing. when i was a kid we were angry at our parents.. but our grandparents (mine were born in the teens to 30s) were beloved. they grew up in an environment entirely different than mine with radically different ideas about how the world worked & they weren't shy about defending it but never, ever, ever would that have come between grandchildren and grandparents.

this is weird. guess i realized that my grandparents came from a totally different generation, their ideas were fitting for their time but no longer relevant and it didn't matter to me because the future was mine (ours).

this whole fighting back against people 2 generations older reeks of being mad at the girl you want to like you because she watches Murder She Wrote and you want her to be in to anime.

if'n i'm correct this whole millenials vs boomers thing is grandkids hating their grandparents, correct?

this feels like an entirely new thing. when i was a kid we were angry at our parents.. but our grandparents (mine were born in the teens to 30s) were beloved. they grew up in an environment entirely different than mine with radically different ideas about how the world worked & they weren't shy about defending it but never, ever, ever would that have come between grandchildren and grandparents.

this is weird. guess i realized that my grandparents came from a totally different generation, their ideas were fitting for their time but no longer relevant and it didn't matter to me because the future was mine (ours).

this whole fighting back against people 2 generations older reeks of being mad at the girl you want to like you because she watches Murder She Wrote and you want her to be in to anime.
I think it's more because boomers suck.   

I think it's more because boomers suck.   
i'm open to this idea but maybe more tired of "millenials" blaming everyone and everything for anything and everything

hey, i get it, the world is a big scary place and everything sucks blah blah blah 

not sure how to take a selfie and make a meme of that but if i could i'd post it to all my social media sites with a caption about how much boomers suck

i'm open to this idea but maybe more tired of "millenials" blaming everyone and everything for anything and everything

hey, i get it, the world is a big scary place and everything sucks blah blah blah 

not sure how to take a selfie and make a meme of that but if i could i'd post it to all my social media sites with a caption about how much boomers suck
I think this is why millennials are fed up. They keep getting blamed for everything and are constantly the target of ridicule and derision from older folks. But they aren’t the ones that have polluted the planet. They’re not the ones that created a system that “requires” a college degree that costs $150k to get a piece of paper just to get any decent office job. They’re not the ones that have made housing virtually unaffordable for many. They’re not the ones that have screwed up the healthcare system to the point where you either just go without healthcare or you end up being saddled with tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars of medical bills if something catastrophic happens. They’re not the ones who racked up trillions and trillions of dollars of government debt. Etc, etc. 

The advent of social media and smart phones has radically changed our world in an unbelievably short amount of time, so it’s not a surprise that cultural divides are widening between an older generation that grew up without any of that and a younger generation that grew up always knowing that stuff.

I think this is why millennials are fed up. They keep getting blamed for everything and are constantly the target of ridicule and derision from older folks. But they aren’t the ones that have polluted the planet. They’re not the ones that created a system that “requires” a college degree that costs $150k to get a piece of paper just to get any decent office job. They’re not the ones that have made housing virtually unaffordable for many. They’re not the ones that have screwed up the healthcare system to the point where you either just go without healthcare or you end up being saddled with tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars of medical bills if something catastrophic happens. They’re not the ones who racked up trillions and trillions of dollars of government debt. Etc, etc. 

The advent of social media and smart phones has radically changed our world in an unbelievably short amount of time, so it’s not a surprise that cultural divides are widening between an older generation that grew up without any of that and a younger generation that grew up always knowing that stuff.
eh, it's not just the boomers who did these things though.

it pre-dates them. sure their parents celebrated beating the Germans by having 11 kids each and that put a tremendous strain on the system but, hell, that's just how it worked out :shrug: .

yeah a lot should have been done differently but that's hindsight being 20/20.  plastics were a massive revolution. sure it turns out that it pollutes the hell out of the environment but nobody really realized that until it was too late.  something this generation is doing that they think is amazeballsthebesthingevr!2!121! will be a massive detriment to their grandkids  :shrug: and some things every generation does will be a massive leap forward for humanity.

hell, Gen X gave us never-ending war.. wholeheartedly. and, oops, that's a bad idea.  

we'll see.. millenials will have their time to be blamed for some massively moronic mistake that they didn't do enough to prevent. it's just a matter of what that will be and when it manifests.

eh, it's not just the boomers who did these things though.

it pre-dates them. sure their parents celebrated beating the Germans by having 11 kids each and that put a tremendous strain on the system but, hell, that's just how it worked out :shrug: .

yeah a lot should have been done differently but that's hindsight being 20/20.  plastics were a massive revolution. sure it turns out that it pollutes the hell out of the environment but nobody really realized that until it was too late.  something this generation is doing that they think is amazeballsthebesthingevr!2!121! will be a massive detriment to their grandkids  :shrug: and some things every generation does will be a massive leap forward for humanity.

hell, Gen X gave us never-ending war.. wholeheartedly. and, oops, that's a bad idea.  

we'll see.. millenials will have their time to be blamed for some massively moronic mistake that they didn't do enough to prevent. it's just a matter of what that will be and when it manifests.
Nope.  That was boomers too.   

Question for people that know anything about health insurance:  Roverkid's concussion/eating disorder treatment spanned 2018/19, with the residential treatment portion occuring March-May 2019.  They told me insurance would cover all but $6,000.   I never got a bill.

Premera Blue Cross has now withdrawn from my county, so I just got new insurance off of the exchange.   Same coverage, lower rate (thanks, Obama).   Can I expect a bill for the $6,000 at some random date in the future?

well, they were in power for Vietnam and then we had a break until Desert Storm at least.... but i see what you're saying.. it was their idea to fire up the war bus in the early 90s and keep it rolling.
Boomers weren't in power in Vietnam.  They were the ones taking acid in colleges or getting killed in the war.   Boomers brought us just about everything since then.  

Genxers are the first generation in America who were worse off than the generation before us, because the boomers are like locusts that consumed everything in sight and left nothing for future generations.  I look forward to not collecting social security when they bankrupt the system.

Boomers weren't in power in Vietnam.  They were the ones taking acid in colleges or getting killed in the war.   Boomers brought us just about everything since then.  

Genxers are the first generation in America who were worse off than the generation before us, because the boomers are like locusts that consumed everything in sight and left nothing for future generations.  I look forward to not collecting social security when they bankrupt the system.
yea.. nevermind what i said. i'm apparently all ####ed up today  :oldunsure:  

i wish my cousin George was here, he knows these things!

I have a lot to say about inter-generational conflicts but, despite my earlier joke about you low-rent, cynical, smug, hyper-critical, overly opinionated Gen Xers, I don't think this is the thread for a real discussion about this issue. Feelings could get hurt and that not why were here.

Oh yeah, you dress badly, too.

I have a lot to say about inter-generational conflicts but, despite my earlier joke about you low-rent, cynical, smug, hyper-critical, overly opinionated Gen Xers, I don't think this is the thread for a real discussion about this issue. Feelings could get hurt and that not why were here.

Oh yeah, you dress badly, too.
You know why I dress badly?  Because I work from home.   Why do I work from home?  Because boomers took all the jobs and I had to create my own.   

Question for people that know anything about health insurance:  Roverkid's concussion/eating disorder treatment spanned 2018/19, with the residential treatment portion occuring March-May 2019.  They told me insurance would cover all but $6,000.   I never got a bill.

Premera Blue Cross has now withdrawn from my county, so I just got new insurance off of the exchange.   Same coverage, lower rate (thanks, Obama).   Can I expect a bill for the $6,000 at some random date in the future?
I'm not an insurance expert, but I was billed an additional amount (they said they got my original bill wrong) over a year after I got the stitches.  It wouldn't surprise me if you got that bill a while from now, probably sometime after you forget about it. 

mr. furley said:

Millenials think anyone over 40 is a "boomer".

RC94 said:
-fish- said:

I'm not an insurance expert, but I was billed an additional amount (they said they got my original bill wrong) over a year after I got the stitches.  It wouldn't surprise me if you got that bill a while from now, probably sometime after you forget about it. 
Yeah, you're not wrong. As someone who is in the business of getting doctors paid, I can tell you that patient balances can get hung up sometimes. Our software has a "feature" that allows you to just turn off patient statements, regardless of balance. Some of our patients are living outdoors, and it doesn't make sense to print a statement and try to send it to 1111 Unknown Addr, Austin, TX 78758. It's just a check box, among others. Stuff happens.

Yeah, you're not wrong. As someone who is in the business of getting doctors paid, I can tell you that patient balances can get hung up sometimes. Our software has a "feature" that allows you to just turn off patient statements, regardless of balance. Some of our patients are living outdoors, and it doesn't make sense to print a statement and try to send it to 1111 Unknown Addr, Austin, TX 78758. It's just a check box, among others. Stuff happens.
working in a business that has similar'ish "features", this happens all the time.

people flip a switch, mis-code a field, etc. and a client statement doesn't go out. or they don't get billed for months. 

suffice it to say, auditors/the recon people will find it and they will come knocking.

tl;dr:  how do i make spam debt collection calls stop when i have no debt and these calls are meant for someone else?

have a phone plan through Republic Wireless. that means my phone is actually backed up by a (now) T-Mobile phone number.

not entirely sure how it works but when i first got on Republic the phone numbers were backed by Sprint and i knew that Sprint ph#.  essentially Sprint doles out expired/unused phone numbers to companies like Republic for use on Sprint towers.

the downside to this is that some people/businesses, etc. don't know that the Sprint number they are calling is dead/unused and actually routing to a Republic phone number that's totally unrelated in any way.

i would get all kinds of weird calls. primarily prescription renewals for a woman named Ruth. sometimes people would leave vm's (because i just let the vm be automated) for things like dinner plans with grandma, etc.

now for the last several months (i believe since the changeover to T-Mobile towers/phone backups) i'm getting debt collection calls. the first time i got one i immediately marked the number as spam so that calls from the number go straight to vm and are marked as "missed call - spam".

the agency must be spoofing phone numbers but they are originating from the same 1-800 source because i'm getting calls and vm's almost daily marked "spam" from various phone numbers. not sure how that all works but i want these calls to stop. these calls are definitely meant for some ####### who signed up for some service with a burner phone that he/she is no longer tied to.

i don't have any debt outside of a mortgage and those payments are current.

about 20 years ago i got hounded by a debt collector after an insured accident in a rental so i know that answering these calls is a terrible idea. marking them as spam is great in that i can ignore the calls but i'd like them to just cease.

is it even possible to make that happen? is there a service that can make these calls stop?

tl;dr:  how do i make spam debt collection calls stop when i have no debt and these calls are meant for someone else?

have a phone plan through Republic Wireless. that means my phone is actually backed up by a (now) T-Mobile phone number.

not entirely sure how it works but when i first got on Republic the phone numbers were backed by Sprint and i knew that Sprint ph#.  essentially Sprint doles out expired/unused phone numbers to companies like Republic for use on Sprint towers.

the downside to this is that some people/businesses, etc. don't know that the Sprint number they are calling is dead/unused and actually routing to a Republic phone number that's totally unrelated in any way.

i would get all kinds of weird calls. primarily prescription renewals for a woman named Ruth. sometimes people would leave vm's (because i just let the vm be automated) for things like dinner plans with grandma, etc.

now for the last several months (i believe since the changeover to T-Mobile towers/phone backups) i'm getting debt collection calls. the first time i got one i immediately marked the number as spam so that calls from the number go straight to vm and are marked as "missed call - spam".

the agency must be spoofing phone numbers but they are originating from the same 1-800 source because i'm getting calls and vm's almost daily marked "spam" from various phone numbers. not sure how that all works but i want these calls to stop. these calls are definitely meant for some ####### who signed up for some service with a burner phone that he/she is no longer tied to.

i don't have any debt outside of a mortgage and those payments are current.

about 20 years ago i got hounded by a debt collector after an insured accident in a rental so i know that answering these calls is a terrible idea. marking them as spam is great in that i can ignore the calls but i'd like them to just cease.

is it even possible to make that happen? is there a service that can make these calls stop?
Talk to them.   Get all the information you can from them.   Then tell them you've hired a lawyer and are going to file a claim under the Fair Debt Collection Act, so every time they call you will cost them $1,000.   Follow up with a letter telling them to never call your number again with the same threat.  You can find form letters online.

Talk to them.   Get all the information you can from them.   Then tell them you've hired a lawyer and are going to file a claim under the Fair Debt Collection Act, so every time they call you will cost them $1,000.   Follow up with a letter telling them to never call your number again with the same threat.  You can find form letters online.
sweet! 

thanks for the tip

sweet! 

thanks for the tip
Try to get the name of the company, the name of the person calling you, the source of the debt they're trying to collect, the name of the debtor, and the address of the collection company.   It's very likely they'll just hang up on you when you start asking these questions.  

FDCA claims are pretty simple to do, but you have to check the boxes, including sending a letter asking to verify the debt.   If they call you once you've initiated the process, they risk fines for every contact.    

Try to get the name of the company, the name of the person calling you, the source of the debt they're trying to collect, the name of the debtor, and the address of the collection company.   It's very likely they'll just hang up on you when you start asking these questions.  

FDCA claims are pretty simple to do, but you have to check the boxes, including sending a letter asking to verify the debt.   If they call you once you've initiated the process, they risk fines for every contact.    
for anyone else, this FAQ is helpful:  https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/debt-collection-faqs

WARNING:  FANTASY FOOTBALL CONTENT BELOW

I still play magic football in a league that was started 20+ years ago.   I've been stuck with being the commish for the last 4 years.  Last year we got a new owner who I don't know.   Last year, he was fine.   Active and finished middle of the pack.

We do FAAB for waivers.   I noticed a couple weeks ago that this guy hasn't spent a single dollar, which I found strange.   So I looked at his transactions.   He didn't make his first roster move until week 8, and he's made a total of 6 since then.   All $0 free agents. 

His team is good and he's 5-4 and in contention for a wild card, so I couldn't figure out what the hell he was doing.   It bugged me for a couple of days, then I realized he only makes moves on Saturdays.   He can't spend his FAAB because waivers run on Tuesday, and since all the top waiver picks are gone by then, the only moves he's made were to cover an injury and two bye weeks.   It's like the opposite of the sabbath. 

I wonder what his deal is.   Maybe he's in prison and only has access to the internet on Saturdays.  

TL; DR:    Fish still plays magic football and has too much time on his hands.

Users who are viewing this thread