Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing


Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Sammy3469 said:
47 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

Watching a "virtual town hall" webcast from our CEO (Fortune 500 company) and his dogs are barking their heads off in the background while he's trying to talk :lmao:

Woof

Q&A session included "Tell us more about your dogs" so he did.  (2 golden retrievers aged 7 and 12 if you're wondering)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 86.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Officer Pete Malloy

    5008

  • General Malaise

    4481

  • El Floppo

    4189

  • kevzilla

    3045

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(Deep Breath) -cos tried to have hoors deliver an ice cream cake to GM's bachelor party, but ice cream cakes in Detroit are in lower supply than minority hockey players with MBAs and rising home

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

Q&A session included "Tell us more about your dogs" so he did.  (2 golden retrievers aged 7 and 12 if you're wondering)

I was, thank you.

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Two years ago I displaced a rib playing golf.  It took about 6 weeks to heal.  This morning I re-injured the same rib when I sneezed while bent over the sink to spit out my toothpaste.  I can barely move and everything I do hurts.  This is the dumbest way I have ever been injured, and I do a lot of stupid stuff.

 

  • Laughing 2
  • Thinking 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, the rover said:

Two years ago I displaced a rib playing golf.  It took about 6 weeks to heal.  This morning I re-injured the same rib when I sneezed while bent over the sink to spit out my toothpaste.  I can barely move and everything I do hurts.  This is the dumbest way I have ever been injured, and I do a lot of stupid stuff.

 

Pretty sure the disease is oldness.  I slipped a disk putting a carseat in the car and have re-injured it many times sneezing.  I now have a sneezing protocol.  :sadbanana: 

  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nyc just shut down the schools again. Numbers have been climbing, but mostly in Staten Island which single handedly tipped the city over the max percentage. Wish they'd shut it down there instead of the other boroughs too, but unions gotta union.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We're mostly shut down as of midnight last night.   Bars/restaurants closed for indoor dining.   You can still get takeout and I suppose if a restaurant was willing to send their servers out into 40 degrees, rain and 20 mph winds you could have outdoor dining for up to 5 cold and miserable people.   All businesses encouraged to do WFH only if possible.   Indoor gatherings with people outside your household prohibited unless participants have quarantined for at least a week and tested negative.  Gyms, museums,  movie theaters (which just opened last week) and bowling alleys closed. 

Death knell for a lot more restaurants that just made it through the first shutdowns.  Schools have been remote since March, except K-2 which shut down last month.  Stopped by my local bar last night and gave the bartender a $100 tip for 2 beers.  

It's going to be a depressing couple of months here.  

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, the rover said:

We're mostly shut down as of midnight last night.   Bars/restaurants closed for indoor dining.   You can still get takeout and I suppose if a restaurant was willing to send their servers out into 40 degrees, rain and 20 mph winds you could have outdoor dining for up to 5 cold and miserable people.   All businesses encouraged to do WFH only if possible.   Indoor gatherings with people outside your household prohibited unless participants have quarantined for at least a week and tested negative.  Gyms, museums,  movie theaters (which just opened last week) and bowling alleys closed. 

Death knell for a lot more restaurants that just made it through the first shutdowns.  Schools have been remote since March, except K-2 which shut down last month.  Stopped by my local bar last night and gave the bartender a $100 tip for 2 beers.  

It's going to be a depressing couple of months here.  

Yeah, it's going to be hell on servers and others relying on tips and patrons to dine-in/drink-in.  I hit BWW to see my favorite bartender and after 3 beers, rounded my tab up to $100.  She's legit scared about making rent this month and beyond and she said she's fortunate because she doesn't have kids.  Other servers who do are stressed to the max about Xmas gifts.  Sucks.  Sucks sucks sucks. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2020 at 7:11 PM, the rover said:

heads up be very careful in any discussion having to do with election.  some other guy just got 6 months for saying along the lines that the hosts of "The Five" were not smart.   

A week n a half for telling a poster in the shark pool that was literally making a fool of himself in a game thread “you’re making yourself look foolish”

🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, the rover said:

Two years ago I displaced a rib playing golf.  It took about 6 weeks to heal.  This morning I re-injured the same rib when I sneezed while bent over the sink to spit out my toothpaste.  I can barely move and everything I do hurts.  This is the dumbest way I have ever been injured, and I do a lot of stupid stuff.

 

Both activities have similar amounts of physical exertion so it's not as stupid as you would think.

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, the rover said:

Two years ago I displaced a rib playing golf.  It took about 6 weeks to heal.  This morning I re-injured the same rib when I sneezed while bent over the sink to spit out my toothpaste.  I can barely move and everything I do hurts.  This is the dumbest way I have ever been injured, and I do a lot of stupid stuff.

 

good thing you brought some pharmaceuticals home from cabo.  now, the customs lack of diligence, is gonna hurt even more.  god speed mi amigo

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2020 at 3:09 PM, the rover said:

Two years ago I displaced a rib playing golf.  It took about 6 weeks to heal.  This morning I re-injured the same rib when I sneezed while bent over the sink to spit out my toothpaste.  I can barely move and everything I do hurts.  This is the dumbest way I have ever been injured, and I do a lot of stupid stuff.

 

I slipped a disc in my back while bending over the sink, washing my face off after shaving.  I passed out and didn't walk for 6 weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, my dad just my got told that my grandmother’s oxygen levels are dropping, she is fading fast, and likely has less than 24 hours. On one hand she’s 95, hasn’t been very happy for quite a while, and has actively said she wants to die multiple times. So it’s not like any of us had delusions about her living a lot longer and know that she’s lived a long full life.
 

BUT, it sucks that my parents are not allowed in to be with her at all, that my dad will be the last one left of his nuclear family and is really struggling with that, and that I would not be able to go out to be with my dad and say goodbye.

This Covid stuff really sucks y’all.

  • Sad 12
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, El Floppo said:

I read that as "wake up" not "walk".

 

My back jacks lately have been doing extreme activities like putting on my socks or changing the sheets.

I love my mattress, but it weighs like 100 lbs.  Changing the sheets is actually an extreme activity for me.  My back is always screaming at me afterwards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Osaurus said:

Maybe it was folks ragging on Red Robin

I feel like he hates Red Robin, but maybe I’m wrong

Also they’re basically dead to me since they got rid of the peppercorn burger

Edited by Dan Lambskin
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

To be fair, "I feel like he hates X, but maybe I'm wrong." where X is, like, anything has around an....<checks heat map>...88% chance at being accurate.

I think you mean The Pixies ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

For my family, today is the big holiday and when we get together there's lots of kids around (zoom meeting this year, though).  It got me thinking about how kids today don't know how easy they have it.  When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

  • Like 3
  • Laughing 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, RC94 said:

For my family, today is the big holiday and when we get together there's lots of kids around (zoom meeting this year, though).  It got me thinking about how kids today don't know how easy they have it.  When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

With a high risk of shock once you touch the TV.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a Golden Tee for myself since we’re on semi-lockdown for the next couple months.  Played and drank til 3 am.  Woke up and started my Traeger by phone, fell back asleep until the alarm went off that it was hot, put turkey on and went back to sleep.  Late start on drinking today.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, the rover said:

Got a Golden Tee for myself since we’re on semi-lockdown for the next couple months.  Played and drank til 3 am.  Woke up and started my Traeger by phone, fell back asleep until the alarm went off that it was hot, put turkey on and went back to sleep.  Late start on drinking today.

I didn't understand most of that...but I did get the drinking part. :thumbup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, the rover said:

Got a Golden Tee for myself since we’re on semi-lockdown for the next couple months.  Played and drank til 3 am.  Woke up and started my Traeger by phone, fell back asleep until the alarm went off that it was hot, put turkey on and went back to sleep.  Late start on drinking today.

What’sa golden tee

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RC94 said:

For my family, today is the big holiday and when we get together there's lots of kids around (zoom meeting this year, though).  It got me thinking about how kids today don't know how easy they have it.  When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

hell yes. and the old man would make us stand there and channel surf by zig zagging the switch back and forth between the various cable channels.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

hell yes. and the old man would make us stand there and channel surf by zig zagging the switch back and forth between the various cable channels.

CABLE?? Damn youngsters.  We had three channels, AND WE LIKED IT! (Actually 4 but we couldn't get a decent signal on the PBS channel)

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, heckmanm said:

CABLE?? Damn youngsters.  We had three channels, AND WE LIKED IT! (Actually 4 but we couldn't get a decent signal on the PBS channel)

 

oh, i remember those days. PBS in the morning, then grandma watched her programs until mid-afternoon. fixed schedule.  cable changed my fitness regimen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...