What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (22 Viewers)

Two years ago I displaced a rib playing golf.  It took about 6 weeks to heal.  This morning I re-injured the same rib when I sneezed while bent over the sink to spit out my toothpaste.  I can barely move and everything I do hurts.  This is the dumbest way I have ever been injured, and I do a lot of stupid stuff.
Pretty sure the disease is oldness.  I slipped a disk putting a carseat in the car and have re-injured it many times sneezing.  I now have a sneezing protocol.  :sadbanana:  

Nyc just shut down the schools again. Numbers have been climbing, but mostly in Staten Island which single handedly tipped the city over the max percentage. Wish they'd shut it down there instead of the other boroughs too, but unions gotta union.

We're mostly shut down as of midnight last night.   Bars/restaurants closed for indoor dining.   You can still get takeout and I suppose if a restaurant was willing to send their servers out into 40 degrees, rain and 20 mph winds you could have outdoor dining for up to 5 cold and miserable people.   All businesses encouraged to do WFH only if possible.   Indoor gatherings with people outside your household prohibited unless participants have quarantined for at least a week and tested negative.  Gyms, museums,  movie theaters (which just opened last week) and bowling alleys closed. 

Death knell for a lot more restaurants that just made it through the first shutdowns.  Schools have been remote since March, except K-2 which shut down last month.  Stopped by my local bar last night and gave the bartender a $100 tip for 2 beers.  

It's going to be a depressing couple of months here.  

We're mostly shut down as of midnight last night.   Bars/restaurants closed for indoor dining.   You can still get takeout and I suppose if a restaurant was willing to send their servers out into 40 degrees, rain and 20 mph winds you could have outdoor dining for up to 5 cold and miserable people.   All businesses encouraged to do WFH only if possible.   Indoor gatherings with people outside your household prohibited unless participants have quarantined for at least a week and tested negative.  Gyms, museums,  movie theaters (which just opened last week) and bowling alleys closed. 

Death knell for a lot more restaurants that just made it through the first shutdowns.  Schools have been remote since March, except K-2 which shut down last month.  Stopped by my local bar last night and gave the bartender a $100 tip for 2 beers.  

It's going to be a depressing couple of months here.  
Yeah, it's going to be hell on servers and others relying on tips and patrons to dine-in/drink-in.  I hit BWW to see my favorite bartender and after 3 beers, rounded my tab up to $100.  She's legit scared about making rent this month and beyond and she said she's fortunate because she doesn't have kids.  Other servers who do are stressed to the max about Xmas gifts.  Sucks.  Sucks sucks sucks. 

heads up be very careful in any discussion having to do with election.  some other guy just got 6 months for saying along the lines that the hosts of "The Five" were not smart.   
A week n a half for telling a poster in the shark pool that was literally making a fool of himself in a game thread “you’re making yourself look foolish”

🙄

Two years ago I displaced a rib playing golf.  It took about 6 weeks to heal.  This morning I re-injured the same rib when I sneezed while bent over the sink to spit out my toothpaste.  I can barely move and everything I do hurts.  This is the dumbest way I have ever been injured, and I do a lot of stupid stuff.
Both activities have similar amounts of physical exertion so it's not as stupid as you would think.

good thing you brought some pharmaceuticals home from cabo.  now, the customs lack of diligence, is gonna hurt even more.  god speed mi amigo

I slipped a disc in my back while bending over the sink, washing my face off after shaving.  I passed out and didn't walk for 6 weeks.

I read that as "wake up" not "walk".

My back jacks lately have been doing extreme activities like putting on my socks or changing the sheets.

Well, my dad just my got told that my grandmother’s oxygen levels are dropping, she is fading fast, and likely has less than 24 hours. On one hand she’s 95, hasn’t been very happy for quite a while, and has actively said she wants to die multiple times. So it’s not like any of us had delusions about her living a lot longer and know that she’s lived a long full life.

BUT, it sucks that my parents are not allowed in to be with her at all, that my dad will be the last one left of his nuclear family and is really struggling with that, and that I would not be able to go out to be with my dad and say goodbye.

This Covid stuff really sucks y’all.

I read that as "wake up" not "walk".

My back jacks lately have been doing extreme activities like putting on my socks or changing the sheets.
I love my mattress, but it weighs like 100 lbs.  Changing the sheets is actually an extreme activity for me.  My back is always screaming at me afterwards.

For my family, today is the big holiday and when we get together there's lots of kids around (zoom meeting this year, though).  It got me thinking about how kids today don't know how easy they have it.  When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.
With a high risk of shock once you touch the TV.

Got a Golden Tee for myself since we’re on semi-lockdown for the next couple months.  Played and drank til 3 am.  Woke up and started my Traeger by phone, fell back asleep until the alarm went off that it was hot, put turkey on and went back to sleep.  Late start on drinking today.

Got a Golden Tee for myself since we’re on semi-lockdown for the next couple months.  Played and drank til 3 am.  Woke up and started my Traeger by phone, fell back asleep until the alarm went off that it was hot, put turkey on and went back to sleep.  Late start on drinking today.
I didn't understand most of that...but I did get the drinking part. :thumbup:

the rover said:
What’sa golden tee

RC94 said:
For my family, today is the big holiday and when we get together there's lots of kids around (zoom meeting this year, though).  It got me thinking about how kids today don't know how easy they have it.  When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.
hell yes. and the old man would make us stand there and channel surf by zig zagging the switch back and forth between the various cable channels.

CABLE?? Damn youngsters.  We had three channels, AND WE LIKED IT! (Actually 4 but we couldn't get a decent signal on the PBS channel)
oh, i remember those days. PBS in the morning, then grandma watched her programs until mid-afternoon. fixed schedule.  cable changed my fitness regimen.

Yesterday we said goodbye to Big Red, our 13YO dachshund. He had nerve degeneration in his hips that was getting progressively worse the past few months. His younger brother was with us at the vet and seems to be holding up well. They’ve been inseparable for 11+ years. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread