What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (15 Viewers)

you know those cake pops they sell at Starbucks? my kids love 'em, especially the peppermint ones they do around Christmas. So last year at Christmas I watched a video and read a recipe online on how to make these stupid cake pops, thinking i'm gonna impress the kids. Basically you bake a cake, add some frosting too it so it'll clump together then shove a stick in it and dip it in hot frosting and let it cool. Pretty simple right? No. In fact i bet rocket science is easier than getting that #### just right. First off, if you add to much frosting to the cake, it tastes like straight up sugar, not cake, actually it tastes like butter with ####loads of sugar poured in it. Then, if you heat the frosting too much and stir it, it hardens like rubber and you can't un-harden it, its just becomes a solid. So then you have to to the damn store and buy more frosting. Then, when you sprinkle the broken up pieces of candy cane on the outside, its basically shards of glass waiting to cut your ####### kids lips and tongue. So here you serve these allegedly easy bake Starbucks cake pops and instead they get little balls of death that taste like #### and cut your ####### mouth up. Merry Christmas kids! #### this I'm going out by myself. Later
My wife makes these.
OMG mine too :hifive:

I keep going into the Paris thread thinking I'll find updates. Why I don't understand it's just going to be a stupid political slap-fight, I don't know.

I'm impossibly sad about this, and other stuff.
It's heartbreaking.

Hope other stuff gets better.

proninja said:
Me too K4. I'd be interested/maybe encourage in/by a conversation about survivors, stories of heroism, updates about the actual story. Instead it turns into liberal/conservative #####fest. So exhausting. TPW for France, and for innocents everywhere. Lots of people suck.
Yes. This. I'm not a very popular tweeter, but this has gotten some traction
My friend had a similar tweet but she prefaced it with "hey ### holes"

I keep going into the Paris thread thinking I'll find updates. Why I don't understand it's just going to be a stupid political slap-fight, I don't know.

It's heartbreaking.Hope other stuff gets better.
:goodposting:

Just terrible. The news from France, and the mistimed idiocy in that thread.
I left for dinner while there was still active stuff going on in Paris, so the political #####iness hadn't really surfaced yet. I guess I will not go back in there.

:goodposting:

Just terrible. The news from France, and the mistimed idiocy in that thread.
I left for dinner while there was still active stuff going on in Paris, so the politicapart hl #####iness hadn't really surfaced yet. I guess I will not go back in there
The saddest part of those threads has been witnessing the fall of Otis.

proninja said:
Me too K4. I'd be interested/maybe encourage in/by a conversation about survivors, stories of heroism, updates about the actual story. Instead it turns into liberal/conservative #####fest. So exhausting. TPW for France, and for innocents everywhere. Lots of people suck.
Yes. This. I'm not a very popular tweeter, but this has gotten some traction
Excellent.

:goodposting: Just terrible. The news from France, and the mistimed idiocy in that thread.
I left for dinner while there was still active stuff going on in Paris, so the politicapart hl #####iness hadn't really surfaced yet. I guess I will not go back in there
The saddest part of those threads has been witnessing the fall of Otis.
Poor Bloatis has been running on fumes for years.

It's heartbreaking. Hope other stuff gets better.
:goodposting: Just terrible. The news from France, and the mistimed idiocy in that thread.
Unfortunately with many, the idiocy around here is full time.

Agreed. I am going to dedicate myself to making the most poignate and thoughtful facebook comments I can make on facebook in hopes I can help by touching the heart of at least just a few.

I think a French flag transparent overlay on the statue of liberty will work nicely as a backdrop for my thoughts.

Agreed. I am going to dedicate myself to making the most poignate and thoughtful facebook comments I can make on facebook in hopes I can help by touching the heart of at least just a few.

I think a French flag transparent overlay on the statue of liberty will work nicely as a backdrop for my thoughts.
My bad. That message board bickering and stumping for your political view is waaaay more productive. I haven't checked in there for a while but I'm guessing they've got it all solved by now.

Question because some of you non-gingers are smart: isn't a military response from a global power like France exactly what they want? Doesn't that legitimize the idea of "the west hates Islam, joint us!" Wouldn't s better strategy be to call the 8 guys street criminals and thugs with no tie to ISIS and oh, by the way, we are going to introduce new ways for refugees to make it safely to our country?

I don't mind someone asking for thoughts in the safety of this thread. Think there's coherent thought here. Do understand it shouldn't become a political thread, though.

This is what we need to do...

Bomb the whole area. Level it out. Muslams,camel jokeys, goat herders, the hell with all of them. GWB shold have done it when he found weapons of mass instruction.

Abraham said:
Question because some of you non-gingers are smart: isn't a military response from a global power like France exactly what they want? Doesn't that legitimize the idea of "the west hates Islam, joint us!" Wouldn't s better strategy be to call the 8 guys street criminals and thugs with no tie to ISIS and oh, by the way, we are going to introduce new ways for refugees to make it safely to our country?
Null

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to our GMTAN Lions fans (BobbyLayne and SofaKings - anyone else?). What an exciting last few minutes of that game!

Cowboys' fans find you all adorable in here.
At least your lame-assed team has an excuse (which I'm sure I'll hear from now until Judgement Day by most Cowboy fans). What's happened to the Ravens is downright embarrassing.

#### it - I'm putting island music on and doing shots of Maker's 46

Went to Sullivan's Steakhouse in Naperville last night. Had about 7 Manhattan's with my steak and crab legs. Then I went to my brothers and we finished the rest of his Woodford

Users who are viewing this thread