What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (20 Viewers)

Posted one hour ago:

Update 2 - Proninja is currently getting an mri done. Depending on the results he may have a 4 hour brain surgery tonight at 9 our time. Today has had ups and downs. My parents are here with us and Proninja's mom and sister will join us early Wed morning. Thank you all so much for your prayers and notes!

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I'm about two semesters out from getting a Master's (MPA with Nonprofit concentration) and I have some consultant opportunities and research offers at the school. I'm going to give my two weeks' notice today, which was the plan all along. I'm excited to be making this career change and all that fun stuff.

However, my VP is on vacation and unreachable by phone in India and the Executive Director, his boss, is showing offline (she's in Ohio, I'm in Phoenix). I have direct employees so I'd like to let them know ASAP. I want to quit and have nobody to officially tell. When can I just send an email? I mean, f this place, mirite? (I know I can't really do that.)

So, I'm about two semesters out from getting a Master's (MPA with Nonprofit concentration) and I have some consultant opportunities and research offers at the school. So, I'm going to give my two weeks' notice today, which was the plan all along. I'm excited to be making this career change and all that fun stuff.

However, my VP is on vacation and unreachable by phone in India and the Executive Director, his boss, is showing offline (she's in Ohio, I'm in Phoenix). I have direct employees so I'd like to let them know ASAP. I want to quit and have nobody to officially tell. When can I just send an email? I mean, f this place, mirite? (I know I can't really do that.)
Executive Dir. have an assistant? Impress upon them you need to speak with her today.

So, I'm about two semesters out from getting a Master's (MPA with Nonprofit concentration) and I have some consultant opportunities and research offers at the school. So, I'm going to give my two weeks' notice today, which was the plan all along. I'm excited to be making this career change and all that fun stuff.

Executive Dir. have an assistant? Impress upon them you need to speak with her today.
That's a good idea, but nope. We have a staff meeting in an hour. If she's not on the call, I'll try emailing her directly. She's always on her mobile email so I might be able to set up a call that way.

from one hour ago:

Update 3 - proninja had the MRI late this afternoon. It showed a cyst blocking the 3rd ventricle of the brain. In just a little bit, he will go to surgery to remove the cyst. If successful, that should take care of the problem. If the surgeon can't remove the cyst, he will place a shunt in the brain to drain the fluids.

You'd have to find the last season or two somewhere but Amazon Prime streams all HBO shows over 2 or 3 years old

Edit - NM it doesn't look like GoT is an option, sorry.

So what's the protocol for something like ninja's? Do we all chip in to send him a ladyboy dressed up like a nurse being that he's in Thailand and all?

Also, work got kind of nuts today. Our lead tech report writer has been training me to fill in for her while she is out on maternity. Seeing as I had zero experience with this, there was a lot for me to learn. But we had 3 months so I'd be able to get up to speed enough to hold things together until she got back. Came in this morning and found out she had the baby this weekend. 2 months early.

Apparently things were pretty rough for a bit but thankfully mother and baby appear to be doing OK as of now. In the meantime, I'm freaking out a bit looking at the stack of work I'm now responsible for.

from one hour ago:

Update 3 - proninja had the MRI late this afternoon. It showed a cyst blocking the 3rd ventricle of the brain. In just a little bit, he will go to surgery to remove the cyst. If successful, that should take care of the problem. If the surgeon can't remove the cyst, he will place a shunt in the brain to drain the fluids.
Did some reading and of all the reasons to need brain surgery this seems to be one of the least dangerous.

Good luck proninja!

Anyone know how can watch game of thrones from the beginning. I don't have HBO
I have the first 3 or 4 seasons on DVD (I think it's 4). I'll happily ship them to you if you shoot me your address.
Address sent. Thx bud!
Anyone know how can watch game of thrones from the beginning. I don't have HBO
I have the first 3 or 4 seasons on DVD (I think it's 4). I'll happily ship them to you if you shoot me your address.
Address sent. Thx bud!
They are bluray. Will that work for you?

Good news posted on FB by Mrs Proninja:

Post op recovery. 5 hour surgery and they ended up having to put the shunt in as they couldn't safely remove what they needed to from the cyst. That smile is so good to see! He is convinced that I am playing a very elaborate practical joke on him with the surgery.
Surprise! It's really an intervention.

Post op recovery. 5 hour surgery and they ended up having to put the shunt in as they couldn't safely remove what they needed to from the cyst. That smile is so good to see! He is convinced that I am playing a very elaborate practical joke on him with the surgery.
:goodposting: Glad to hear some good news!

:goodposting: Glad to hear some good news!
So what next? They can't just leave a shunt in forever, right? Come back to the States for follow-up?

I assume they put in an external ventricular drain. For the long term, they might wind up tunneling that thing into the abdominal cavity, where the excess fluid could be tolerated until resorbed by the body. I think the priority for now would be to stabilize adequately for air travel.

Done speculating on our GB. I'm not a brain surgeon, but I work for some. I join the rest of GMTAN in hoping proninja can post pics of his head vag real soon.

kevzilla said:
I assume they put in an external ventricular drain. For the long term, they might wind up tunneling that thing into the abdominal cavity, where the excess fluid could be tolerated until resorbed by the body. I think the priority for now would be to stabilize adequately for air travel.

Done speculating on our GB. I'm not a brain surgeon, but I work for some. I join the rest of GMTAN in hoping proninja can post pics of his head vag real soon.
:mellow:

kevzilla said:

:mellow:
You were half way through your blog post when Kev came and stole your thunder?

kevzilla said:

What's the code for that?

GroveDiesel said:
Also, work got kind of nuts today. Our lead tech report writer has been training me to fill in for her while she is out on maternity. Seeing as I had zero experience with this, there was a lot for me to learn. But we had 3 months so I'd be able to get up to speed enough to hold things together until she got back. Came in this morning and found out she had the baby this weekend. 2 months early.

Apparently things were pretty rough for a bit but thankfully mother and baby appear to be doing OK as of now. In the meantime, I'm freaking out a bit looking at the stack of work I'm now responsible for.
If it makes you feel better, nobody ever reads those things.

cstu said:
BobbyLayne said:
from one hour ago:

Did some reading and of all the reasons to need brain surgery this seems to be one of the least dangerous.

Good luck proninja!
He'll be fine , its not iike its....

nm

kevzilla said:

I don't think you really want to know. I will say that although the diagnosis codes were created by WHO and are used worldwide, the procedure codes I use are copyrighted by the American Medical Association. I have no idea what they might use over there.

kevzilla said:

I don't think you really want to know. I will say that although the diagnosis codes were created by WHO and are used worldwide, the procedure codes I use are copyrighted by the American Medical Association. I have no idea what they might use over there.
No. I don't.

Night one in Port Aransas

I had to get out of town and chill and unwind.

Might do a little fishing tomorrow or might look for seashells.

Either way, I will be moving slowly and carrying a cocktail.

Night one in Port Aransas

I had to get out of town and chill and unwind.

Might do a little fishing tomorrow or might look for seashells.

Either way, I will be moving slowly and carrying a cocktail.
Take the Ferry to St Jo island along with fishing equipment and tons of booze. By far the best thing to do in Port A.

Users who are viewing this thread