What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (14 Viewers)

Had a nice big piece of cool lettuce on one of the best sliders I've ever had from a food cart in Portland this week. The lettuce really balanced out the roasted jalapeño and the bacon.
Regular beef burger or some other mix of meat/spices?
Beef, bacon, American Cheese (which i usually don't care for but I wasn't going to change it) jalapeño, aoili, lettuce, nice fresh bun. Even got some fries.

PDX Sliders in Sellwood. Got the Fremont. I know we're no Seattle, but Portland's food cart scene is outstanding.

I know Otis is going to shut us down after he buys the FFA, but where else in the world do you get a Piltdown Man reference in the same day you get a guy asking if the Mexican cab driver one of us boned smelled like eggs? Nowhere.
Otis isn't a threat. If things get real, we'll just have Floppo hunt him down and choke him with a scarf.

I know Otis is going to shut us down after he buys the FFA, but where else in the world do you get a Piltdown Man reference in the same day you get a guy asking if the Mexican cab driver one of us boned smelled like eggs? Nowhere.
Otis isn't a threat. If things get real, we'll just have Floppo hunt him down and choke him with a scarf introduce him to SLB.

Aaron Rudnicki said:
shopping at Costco on the weekend is almost always a mistake.

if you go often enough, you can be in and out in less than an hour during a weekday evening. even better to go close to closing time as it's usually pretty empty with no lines.

:shrug: I go there to buy a gallon of milk and some eggs when we are out. takes about 15 minutes tops.
Timing is very important at Costco. No way I go on Friday evening or Saturday. There usually aren't even parking spaces.

Otis isn't a threat. If things get real, we'll just have Floppo hunt him down and choke him with a scarf.
Raiders also deceptively strong with the scarf game.

Aaron Rudnicki said:
shopping at Costco on the weekend is almost always a mistake.

if you go often enough, you can be in and out in less than an hour during a weekday evening. even better to go close to closing time as it's usually pretty empty with no lines.

:shrug: I go there to buy a gallon of milk and some eggs when we are out. takes about 15 minutes tops.
Timing is very important at Costco. No way I go on Friday evening or Saturday. There usually aren't even parking spaces.
I really liked that restaurant food supply place you took us to in Austin.

Henry Ford said:
Officer Pete Malloy said:
I've never been a huge fan of Costco or Sam's. The slightly lower prices on some things don't justify making a special trip when there are 2 grocery stores 1/4 mile away.
But they're so nice to me there. And the grocery store checkout people basically spit on me and wipe their genitals on my grocery bags.
Really? I have to pay extra for that and they usually don't even do it right.

tommyboy said:
General Malaise said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
General Malaise said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
I don't get the point you're making here. How does that show us that Costco shoppers are fatter than everywhere else and all riding around on scooters because they are too heavy to walk?
That was Tommy's point. My aggravation has less to do with the size of the people and more to do with the lollygagging nature of other patrons who make it difficult to maneuver. Also not a fan of long lines to pay.

But to say there are no scooters nor fat people at Costco is pretty silly. They're at Costco just like they are everywhere else. Are there more at Walmart? Sure, but there's also no cover charge at Walmart and while I'm not sure about this, I would bet there are many more Walmart stores in America.

I am member of Costco. I will go to to Costco. I just find it to be a hassle compared to other shopping experiences.
nobody said there are "no fat people at Costco". pretty sure the ridiculous statement that Costco shoppers (including women and children) average 250 pounds and are heavier than shoppers at every other retailer is what started this whole conversation.
To be fair to Tommy, his Costco (I'm assuming SE 84th?) isn't exactly in the heartland of physical fitness. The one close to me isn't littered with fat people, but it is heavily populated by a certain ethnic classification of humans who fairly or unfairly have a stigma of being rather poor drivers. That stereotype tends to extend to their shopping cart behavior, which makes it rather difficult navigate at times. In addition, the general lack of awareness about personal space which some people tend to cherish is on full display at this particular Costco, which can be a tad obnoxious. I've been in mosh pits with less human contact.
thank you. and yes to the bolded.

if you're not familiar with Portland, where GM lives is basically filled with either vietnamese, chinese, japanese, thai, indian or pakistanis that mostly work for Intel or they own their own donut/noodle shops and don't pay taxes. we call that "the westside"

where I live, "the eastside" is where all the meth, all the crack, all the hookers and all the fat people live. There is no middle class, you're either stupid rich and fat, or mind numbingly poor and fat, or about to starve to death rail thin (those people don't go to costco). If you like fat hookers on meth in the costco parking lot where you can ride your rascal up and have a transaction, the eastside is for you.
Man, that's a tough call.

General Malaise said:
:lmao:

This comment: If I asked a bartender for an old fashioned and they handed me a pint glass full of bourbon I wouldn't even be mad.

"This is like teaching a dog to say hello. It kind of sounds like hello, and the dog doesn't really know what hello means. But it looks cute doing it."

Member at Costco but 100% agree with GM.

Also, CVS that opened by our house looks like they hired everybody, including the pharmacists, from a local grade school. WTF?
For some reason the CVS/Walgreens/Rite Aid business model seems to be to jack up prices to unconscionable levels and employ local high school kids at minimum wage. Seems like a winning long term formula.

One of my pleasures in life is seeing how much I can save at these stores through their weekly deals, etc. One time I even got the checkout guy to congratulate me...I felt like I was king of world :bag:

My Costco is amazing, usually there is only one fatso in there shopping and it's me :bag: gdb marin and its beautiful people :rant:

Walking to my car this morning, I realized I had left my phone behind. I wheeled around and my left knee went pop-POP. Pain shot down into my foot. Walking is now a painful adventure. There's no swelling, three hours later, but I am unsure of the timetable for that. Since I'm a dude, I'll just limp through the weekend and re-assess.

:oldunsure:

Walking to my car this morning, I realized I had left my phone behind. I wheeled around and my left knee went pop-POP. Pain shot down into my foot. Walking is now a painful adventure. There's no swelling, three hours later, but I am unsure of the timetable for that. Since I'm a dude, I'll just limp through the weekend and re-assess.

Seems like something a trip to Vegas would cure.

Last edited by a moderator:

drink until you can't feel the pain anymore

Member at Costco but 100% agree with GM.

Also, CVS that opened by our house looks like they hired everybody, including the pharmacists, from a local grade school. WTF?
For some reason the CVS/Walgreens/Rite Aid business model seems to be to jack up prices to unconscionable levels and employ local high school kids at minimum wage. Seems like a winning long term formula.

One of my pleasures in life is seeing how much I can save at these stores through their weekly deals, etc. One time I even got the checkout guy to congratulate me...I felt like I was king of world :bag:
Have to get scripts somewhere. :shrug:

He hurt his knee, he didn't get married.
:lmao: :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Well, I did, but I fixed that mistake 16 months after I made it.

Well, I did, but I fixed that mistake 16 months after I made it.
B!itch took half your glorious hair too.

Leasing a new minivan today
7 months into our Town & Country and I gotta say...been pretty nice. Wife loves it, I don't mind driving it around and it has all the space we need to get our giant mormon family around. Being able to stow/go the seats to haul stuff is an added perk. Really pleased with this purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread