What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (16 Viewers)

I mean, I'm not sure if that's factually correct. But, the cargo hold doesn't get climate control as far as I know. So extreme temperatures seem pretty bad. And I think it gets pretty cold at 30+k feet in the winter.
It happens, though not that frequently.  The airlines actually have restrictions in some locales in terms of when they'll let pets fly in cargo, to avoid the heat issues that arise if they're waiting on the tarmac for a while.  Personally I would not worry much about it - pets are transported around the country thousands of times a day with no issue.  When we went to pick up our new kitty (RIP) who came from Utah, there were a billion people coming and going picking up pets shipped in cargo.

In terms of flying on the plane with you, if it is certified as a "service animal" you don't have to pay the fees nor do you have to have to adhere to the limits on size.  I think you have to have a doctor's note or something - not sure as I just went ahead and paid - but a service animal can be broadly defined to include emotional support.  On Delta, you cannot take an animal in the cabin in first class on international flights (though can in coach) but can take them in first on domestic flights.

12729004_10208572632582522_5596826509381257717_n.jpg
Is this the subject of the questions?  Get her immediately!  Gaaaaahhhhhh, so sweet!

It's a 'him' and my buddy can't keep him.  What he said on FB was that this dog just appeared on his in-laws property in Louisiana.  They can't keep him.  So he took to FB to find the dog a home.

We don't have the bandwidth to take on a puppy, but we are open to adopting a dog that's house trained and is good around little kids.  I'm sure a stroll to our local humane society would be the right advice, but damn it, I'm too soft to go into a shelter and pick.  I cry when Sarah Mcgloughlin (sp?) comes on TV asking me to adopt a dog.  

So on the surface, this guy would be perfect for us, but he's over 2000 miles away.  My friend said he'd ship him to us, so I'm going to talk to my wife and see what we can do.  I can't believe there isn't somebody closer to him that will want the dog and I really can't believe his former owners aren't out there desperately looking for him.  

Speaking of dog adoptions:

My MIL was just trying to find a dog. She took one in from some group about a week and a half ago to see if she thought it would work out. She decided today that it wasn't going to work for a number of reasons. Some of them were legitimate, some were her own nerousies.

So she called the lady at the rescue group to let her know. The woman was incredibly rude, came to get the dog, yelled at my mother in law and called her a psycho. 

I mean, I won't make comment one way or the other on my MIL's mental state, but what the heck is wrong with someone to freak out on somebody and call them a psycho for deciding after a week and a half that a rescue dog isn't a good fit for them? Isn't the idea to make sure that the dog and owner match up well and it becomes a forever thing? WTF?

It's a 'him' and my buddy can't keep him.  What he said on FB was that this dog just appeared on his in-laws property in Louisiana.  They can't keep him.  So he took to FB to find the dog a home.

We don't have the bandwidth to take on a puppy, but we are open to adopting a dog that's house trained and is good around little kids.  I'm sure a stroll to our local humane society would be the right advice, but damn it, I'm too soft to go into a shelter and pick.  I cry when Sarah Mcgloughlin (sp?) comes on TV asking me to adopt a dog.  

So on the surface, this guy would be perfect for us, but he's over 2000 miles away.  My friend said he'd ship him to us, so I'm going to talk to my wife and see what we can do.  I can't believe there isn't somebody closer to him that will want the dog and I really can't believe his former owners aren't out there desperately looking for him.  

I guess life is getting boring huh GB?

I guess life is getting boring huh GB?
ALL 10 of my LIKES!!!!!!!!!

I miss having a dog.  One of my favorite things in life is taking a dog on a late night stroll and listening to music.  If nobody else wants this guy and assuming he's okay around little kids, I'm going to find a way to get him up here.  I already have his name - Wee-Bey!

Had a dog shipped to me from some hellhole state in the middle of the country using an airline.  Unbelievably awesome decision on our part - went straight to baggage and picked up the dog and went home.  It's a lot easier than picking up a human from the airport.

I can't figure out how to post pics.  French whore is also a professional photographer.  It's a shame.

But that's her in my avatar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread