What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (16 Viewers)

Was told this came across as petulant and an attack on Joe Bryant and MF. Not my intent...was an attempt at humor. I honestly do not care about the board upgrades or decisions. I have 99 (coming in pairs) problems and magic football message board upgrades ain't one.

Viva LA GMTAN 2.0
:lmao: ATTICA! ATTICA! :lmao:

Daughter brought some a ebola/captain trips type stuff home. Been laid up for 2 days. 12 hour day today. Don't know how tanner functions around these living Petri dishes

I have only ever seen 1 gun in somebody's house and that was when our next door neighbor came out one day to shoot the copperhead that had made the mistake of coming into our yard about 30 years ago. Haven't seen a gun besides in a store, in/on a gunrack in the back of a pickup, or in a movie.

Look, we survived minivan chat, apple chat, scarf chat, pizza topping chat, pizza oven chat, cat chat, scat chat, scout chat and scores of chat that everybody whined about and nobody found interesting, yet helped propel GMTAN to the largest, greatest thread in FBG history. We will survive this.

We survived the loss of loved ones, the end of relationships, the heartbreak of parenting, the genocide of poultry, the jailing of the innocent, sober Febuarys (plural), countless moves, job loss, Imp implosions, rigged squares contests, several SNOWMAGEDDONS!!!!111juan, Astros baseball, 80% of 10% of us contracting STDs and we survived the revelation that Kev's hair is neither magical nor from outerspace. We will survive this.

We have endured despite the complaints over the evolution of the thread and the many directions the thread has forked over the years. We have battled and won against the board's worst trolls who tried with all their trollish might to derail our community - our family - and failed, leaving with their tails tucked behind their trollish legs, which on their best day make Fuller's look like Lindsey Vonn's. We have fought and reconciled countless times and are far stronger because of it. We will survive this.

So bring to me your cabbage chat, your coffee chat, your office SUPPLIES!!! chat. Lay your cell phone chat upon me, I am your ears and your eyes. Bring me your yardwork chat, astrology chat and chat about your gout. That is why we here. Tell me about Destiney, Knuckles, 23 year old sex starved co workers and Sin. Share your best Gusterian works of literature about your adventures in kayaking, hiking trips to Vegas and how you spent the weekend shopping for mattresses for your Ukrainian ex-lover. This thread is about nothing and everything and I vow to read it all, even the posts by Cosjobs that he makes on his phone after 2am that cause brain bleeding. I will click on every stupid cat gif by Tanner, read every HOA meeting recap by K4 (with a General Murmer of Agreement, natch), continue to side with Frosty in the "Tre is the meanest mean ever" feuds, giggle every time Mr. Pack quotes a post from six weeks ago, envy Bentley's life, marvel at Sacamno's recaps, pretend to care about SLB's local radio podcasts that I have no idea what is going on, root for UH to keep kicking cancer in the balls, encourage YRS to keep drinking and reproducing, hope bostonfred continues to interpret dreams with Freudian fanaticism and pray that Shuke keeps making videos in the room of his house dedicated to creepy dolls. I will periodically wear my hat on backwards (even though Hat has been rather dickish to me), think of Ninja the few times I ride a bike and Hack whenever I drink a beer that tastes like pine needles. Every time I pass a piece of puzzling artwork I don't understand I'll think of Annoyong. I'll think of Bogie when I hear Boogie, Heckman when I play Hangman and Disco Stu every time the Dos Equis commercial is on TV. Why? BECAUSE WE ARE FAMILY. And no board upgrade nor jealous, power happy moderator is going to kill what we do best: Survive and thrive, baby, like Stryker landing a plane against all odds.

Kill me again when we reach 5000 pages and more page views than Pickle's has advanced degrees and we'll rise from the ashes yet again. We rock AND we roll. And if I left anybody out above, please accept my El Floppo Limp Ditka on having a brain like an Idiot Boxer. Like in-season fantasy football trades, it is too tedious to remember all the valuable posters who made GMTAN 1.0 the thread with the most Tremendous Upside in the history of magic football message board lore.
Was told this came across as petulant and an attack on Joe Bryant and MF. Not my intent...was an attempt at humor. I honestly do not care about the board upgrades or decisions. I have 99 (coming in pairs) problems and magic football message board upgrades ain't one.

Viva LA GMTAN 2.0
Well, this came across as apologetic, submissive and evasive.

Fix it.

Spent last night freaking out because I had a chemistry lab and quiz, a group presentation, and a midterm all lined up for today, and my nursing school entrance exam tomorrow. Got word about 10pm last night that today is a snow day :pickle: .

P.S. We're not supposed to get any snow until around 5pm.

Look, we survived minivan chat, apple chat, scarf chat, pizza topping chat, pizza oven chat, cat chat, scat chat, scout chat and scores of chat that everybody whined about and nobody found interesting, yet helped propel GMTAN to the largest, greatest thread in FBG history. We will survive this.

We survived the loss of loved ones, the end of relationships, the heartbreak of parenting, the genocide of poultry, the jailing of the innocent, sober Febuarys (plural), countless moves, job loss, Imp implosions, rigged squares contests, several SNOWMAGEDDONS!!!!111juan, Astros baseball, 80% of 10% of us contracting STDs and we survived the revelation that Kev's hair is neither magical nor from outerspace. We will survive this.

We have endured despite the complaints over the evolution of the thread and the many directions the thread has forked over the years. We have battled and won against the board's worst trolls who tried with all their trollish might to derail our community - our family - and failed, leaving with their tails tucked behind their trollish legs, which on their best day make Fuller's look like Lindsey Vonn's. We have fought and reconciled countless times and are far stronger because of it. We will survive this.

So bring to me your cabbage chat, your coffee chat, your office SUPPLIES!!! chat. Lay your cell phone chat upon me, I am your ears and your eyes. Bring me your yardwork chat, astrology chat and chat about your gout. That is why we here. Tell me about Destiney, Knuckles, 23 year old sex starved co workers and Sin. Share your best Gusterian works of literature about your adventures in kayaking, hiking trips to Vegas and how you spent the weekend shopping for mattresses for your Ukrainian ex-lover. This thread is about nothing and everything and I vow to read it all, even the posts by Cosjobs that he makes on his phone after 2am that cause brain bleeding. I will click on every stupid cat gif by Tanner, read every HOA meeting recap by K4 (with a General Murmer of Agreement, natch), continue to side with Frosty in the "Tre is the meanest mean ever" feuds, giggle every time Mr. Pack quotes a post from six weeks ago, envy Bentley's life, marvel at Sacamno's recaps, pretend to care about SLB's local radio podcasts that I have no idea what is going on, root for UH to keep kicking cancer in the balls, encourage YRS to keep drinking and reproducing, hope bostonfred continues to interpret dreams with Freudian fanaticism and pray that Shuke keeps making videos in the room of his house dedicated to creepy dolls. I will periodically wear my hat on backwards (even though Hat has been rather dickish to me), think of Ninja the few times I ride a bike and Hack whenever I drink a beer that tastes like pine needles. Every time I pass a piece of puzzling artwork I don't understand I'll think of Annoyong. I'll think of Bogie when I hear Boogie, Heckman when I play Hangman and Disco Stu every time the Dos Equis commercial is on TV. Why? BECAUSE WE ARE FAMILY. And no board upgrade nor jealous, power happy moderator is going to kill what we do best: Survive and thrive, baby, like Stryker landing a plane against all odds.

Kill me again when we reach 5000 pages and more page views than Pickle's has advanced degrees and we'll rise from the ashes yet again. We rock AND we roll. And if I left anybody out above, please accept my El Floppo Limp Ditka on having a brain like an Idiot Boxer. Like in-season fantasy football trades, it is too tedious to remember all the valuable posters who made GMTAN 1.0 the thread with the most Tremendous Upside in the history of magic football message board lore.

Viva LA GMTAN 2.0

Fix it.
Well, that came across overly harsh and hypercritical.

I need some coffee and a scarf.

Viva LA GMTAN 2.0

Fix it.
Well, that came across overly harsh and hypercritical.

I need some coffee and a scarf.
New shtick is born.

I just found out that I am the only one of my group of local friends who does not own a gun.

I realize this is North Carolina and not Vermont. But it isn't Texas either.

Is it unusual to NOT own a gun in this day and age?
tons of guns in Vermont, GBhttp://watchdog.org/135048/guns-vermont/
Oregon?
I'm guessing tons of guns in Oregon outside of Portland.

Maybe Hawaii?
Buttloads of guns in portland

Just noticed I didn't make the GM Manifesto of Rebirth

This is outrageous, what a penis, etc. It may be true that I have only lurked and not posted despite being around since Old Yeller, never really posted much until about 20 minutes before the board was downgraded, have met none of you, and have a tendency to disappear for months, but I think there was room for a vague nonspecific mention of me somewhere in the middle of footnote 14.
I'm going to edit it to take out all lines of petulance and add in mentions of my good I buddies my forlorn brain forgot. Stay tuned...
I'm a fringe poster FWIW

It's almost impossible for non-illuminati to get a handgun permit in NYC. I have a .30-06 rifle at my brothers house and gave my handgun to my ex-wife (not a euphemism). No desire to ever retrieve either.

This is outrageous, what a penis, etc. It may be true that I have only lurked and not posted despite being around since Old Yeller, never really posted much until about 20 minutes before the board was downgraded, have met none of you, and have a tendency to disappear for months, but I think there was room for a vague nonspecific mention of me somewhere in the middle of footnote 14.
pretty sure you were vaguely non-specifically mentioned, gb.
:lmao: Several times, actually, on re-read

It's almost impossible for non-illuminati to get a handgun permit in NYC. I have a .30-06 rifle at my brothers house and gave my handgun to my ex-wife (not a euphemism). No desire to ever retrieve either.
Roger that. Don't be Plaxico Burress. They are not fooling around with this issue in the big city.

I'm going to edit it to take out all lines of petulance and add in mentions of my good I buddies my forlorn brain forgot. Stay tuned...
:lmao: I'm actually the last person you should include, just so my humor is coming across. And speaking of humor coming across, it's genuinely sad that your Tome of Phoenixesque Renaissance was interpreted as any sort of attack. :rolleyes:

Roger that. Don't be Plaxico Burress. They are not fooling around with this issue in the big city.
Or in New Jersey, it would appear:

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/breaking/retired-cumberland-teacher-faces-jail-for-having--year-old/article_6b1aa3a2-bac0-11e4-a868-e3f91771ea20.html

I just found out that I am the only one of my group of local friends who does not own a gun.

Oregon?

Maybe Hawaii?
Best examples would probably be:

Hawaii

Cook County, Illinois

New Jersey

New York

Washington DC
Yeah, NJ is pretty high up there. Extremely difficult to own a firearm in Jersey. Which has made Camden, Trenton and Newark extremely safe.Some elderly guy is getting prosecuted for owning a gun illegally. He figured since it was like 250 years old and a non-working flintlock pistol he was ok. But they're trying to put this thug away for the rest of his life.

ETA: Beaten to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
my gb got one right after college when he was living in a nice loft in the far west village... granted, early 90s. I'm sure he still has it, now that he lives on the gold coast on 5th Ave on CP. just in case the poor folk get uppity.

Viva LA GMTAN 2.0
Whoever told you that, they are puckered tighter than a nuns ###.

I like the image of Bobby Layne going to da club with a .30-06 in his sweatpants though.

How you doin'?

I like the image of Bobby Layne going to da club with a .30-06 in his sweatpants though.

How you doin'?
have you seen BL lately?

this image scares me. more than wrong-way skateboarders.

tons of guns in Vermont, GB

http://watchdog.org/135048/guns-vermont/
Oregon?
It is a hunter's paradise here. I think Tommyboy has an arsenal in his house that could hold off the French Army. Probably not too many handguns in Multnomah County (liberal hippy heart and soul of Portland and a huge voting block) but there are hunting enthusiasts all over the other counties and outside of Portland, Oregon is Texas without the accents and oil.

How you doin'?
have you seen BL lately?

You mean the actual Bobby Layne or the FFA one?

The former isn't even worm food any more. I have never seen the latter.

Wait, wait, wait.

Whose obit thread are you talking about on here?
Tremendous Upside.
Holy crap. That's absolutely awful. He always seemed like the nicest guy.

I think it was in about 2007 that I got his name in the FFA Secret Santa exchange. I remembered that he liked rum, or maybe Koya told me, but I got him a bottle of rum for Xmas. He was so appreciative and nice about it. Just like he always was on the forum.

####
Was paying bills last night online and saw his name as one of my Bill Pay recipients. I'm going to leave it. :(

:kicksrock:
come on....re-read the bolded.
:lmao:

my apologies

Mr.Pack said:
General Malaise said:
General Malaise said:

Viva LA GMTAN 2.0
Whoever told you that, they are puckered tighter than a nuns ###.
:goodposting: Stupid.

Also, I don't believe I have a single real-life friend who owns a gun.

Also also, hope you feel better soon GBEF.

Osaurus said:
General Malaise said:
Aerial Assault said:

I'm a fringe poster FWIW
Kayaking AND hiking in Vegas. That's two!

General Malaise said:
RedmondLonghorn said:
Frostillicus said:
RedmondLonghorn said:
Wait, wait, wait.

Whose obit thread are you talking about on here?
Tremendous Upside.
Holy crap. That's absolutely awful. He always seemed like the nicest guy.

I think it was in about 2007 that I got his name in the FFA Secret Santa exchange. I remembered that he liked rum, or maybe Koya told me, but I got him a bottle of rum for Xmas. He was so appreciative and nice about it. Just like he always was on the forum.

####
Was paying bills last night online and saw his name as one of my Bill Pay recipients. I'm going to leave it. :(
I have his address in my Amazon addresses. I'm leaving it, too. :(

GroveDiesel said:
RedmondLonghorn said:
Captain Quinoa said:
Idiot Boxer said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
Idiot Boxer said:

Oregon?

Maybe Hawaii?
Best examples would probably be:

Hawaii

Cook County, Illinois

New Jersey

New York

Washington DC
Yeah, NJ is pretty high up there. Extremely difficult to own a firearm in Jersey. Which has made Camden, Trenton and Newark extremely safe.Some elderly guy is getting prosecuted for owning a gun illegally. He figured since it was like 250 years old and a non-working flintlock pistol he was ok. But they're trying to put this thug away for the rest of his life.

ETA: Beaten to it.
Jersey is tough but it's not that hard to get a gun. Just a process.

What you definitely won't get is a concealed permit.

ETA: But the laws definitely need to be reviewed for cases like the one posted.

RedmondLonghorn said:
El Floppo said:
RedmondLonghorn said:
Aerial Assault said:
BobbyLayne said:

How you doin'?
have you seen BL lately?

Here's what you been missing

RedmondLonghorn said:
Aerial Assault said:
BobbyLayne said:

How you doin'?
Attempted to like, prevented by upgraded board software/Mussolini

RedmondLonghorn said:
El Floppo said:
RedmondLonghorn said:
Aerial Assault said:
BobbyLayne said:

How you doin'?
have you seen BL lately?

Here's what you been missing
Funny, even though your screen name is Bobby Layne, I always pictured you looking more like Y.A. Tittle.

Osaurus said:
Morning folks. Tile has finally been installed in the office. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/osaurus/A7D388F6-AEC9-44D0-95DA-FB99E0F13BA6_zpsh11kigui.jpg. Here is a closeup of the grout line along one baseboard as requested. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/osaurus/4AD33E82-9B38-4934-B79A-9C24799994FD_zpsnpx9wjas.jpg. Need to touch up baseboards, but overall it looks pretty good.
We almost went with those tiles - I really like them we were going to "match" up with our hardwood. It ended up looking a little weird so we went all wood.

Users who are viewing this thread