What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (12 Viewers)

it was worse years ago. sports media just covered for the players. but especially for the owners.  :shrug:  
I like the Morning Joe Show. I used to DVR it, so I could watch the 3 hours in half that. Then I found that they have a podcast and its 41 minutes. The only other place where you have 41 minutes of content bloated to a three hour commercial fest is any NFL game.

I liked that post for the variety of spellings of ketchup.  Both catsup and mayo are disgusting, though.
wait... what?

catsoup and mayo are disgusting? so on your fries... ? hotdog sandwich... ok- mustard is acceptible. hamburger? no keetstoop? sandwiches in general... no mayo?

he thinks the board quality drops overall is many of the better/funnier posters choose to spend most of their time in one thread (GMTAN). seems pretty logical.
Actually I was just reading the new Willie Neslon thread demanding bans and laughed harder at the responses than I have at anything in weeks, and not just at my own posts in there, either. 

Thus . . . irony of sorts, perhaps

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumbup:

Unless it is a substantially flavored mayo, or a hand-made artisnal aioli.
ailoi.. just reading that is like the sound of a pavlovian bell.

weird, though... I see you typed out :thumbup:  correctly, but for some reason it didn't translate to an emoji- that's happened to me (trying to post in shady's thread... so it kinda sucked). it's fun how this board is constantly full of exciting and fun surprises. fun.

wait... what?

catsoup and mayo are disgusting? so on your fries... ? hotdog sandwich... ok- mustard is acceptible. hamburger? no keetstoop? sandwiches in general... no mayo?
Fries - plain.  Hot dogs - mustard.  Hamburger - pickles.  Other sandwiches - mustard, where appropriate.

yeah that was very strange
Cliff's notes for those that haven't stepped foot in there?

Anti-GMTAN and Anti-Fantasy Football schtick is what the cool people are doing, even if the only reason some of us are friends in this world is because of Fantasy Football and GMTAN.  The backlash against both is what I find bizarre.  

But, to each their own.  I'll play FF for as long as the good devil lets me roam this planet.  My sons and wife are into it now and I think that's pretty fun.  I'll keep posting inane dribble in here because I like to.  And I like to read all the other posts in here because, well, have you stepped outside of this thread recently?  Passes the time for me.  And I like you people.  And if playing fantasy football and posting in this thread doesn't make me cool, nothing will.  I've literally tried everything else.  

Cliff's notes for those that haven't stepped foot in there?

Anti-GMTAN and Anti-Fantasy Football schtick is what the cool people are doing, even if the only reason some of us are friends in this world is because of Fantasy Football and GMTAN.  The backlash against both is what I find bizarre.  

But, to each their own.  I'll play FF for as long as the good devil lets me roam this planet.  My sons and wife are into it now and I think that's pretty fun.  I'll keep posting inane dribble in here because I like to.  And I like to read all the other posts in here because, well, have you stepped outside of this thread recently?  Passes the time for me.  And I like you people.  And if playing fantasy football and posting in this thread doesn't make me cool, nothing will.  I've literally tried everything else.  
Requested to have the band name thread deleted and then very specific ban lengths for a list of posters. All this was because he was teased/made fun of or some such nonsense in the those threads. I never went into the original or subsequent threads so not sure wtf went down :shrug: Just very odd.

Requested to have the band name thread deleted and then very specific ban lengths for a list of posters. All this was because he was teased/made fun of or some such nonsense in the those threads. I never went into the original or subsequent threads so not sure wtf went down :shrug: Just very odd.
Pretty sure it's performance art from the man behind the Willie Nelson username.  Guy has 15+ years of such attached to his resume.

Fries - plain.  Hot dogs - mustard.  Hamburger - pickles.  Other sandwiches - mustard, where appropriate.
Salt is acceptable on Fries yes? If so :wub: extra :wub: if those pickles are of the spicy variety.

When you say mustard, you don't mean the disgusting bright yellow stuff, right?
Bright yellow on Hot dogs yes, Burgers  and sandwiched can go with different varieties of brown mustard ie Deli, Stone Ground, etc.

Back in the 70s my aunt and uncle lived on the far south side of town about 3.5 miles from Pumpkin Center.   Even though their house was on the outskirts of town it was typically suburban.  There were 3 or 4 perfectly good stores within a couple of miles but my uncle insisted that my aunt purchase his beer (flats of Coors yellow-bellies) at the feed/hardware/general store in Pumpkin Center.  She could do all her shopping elsewhere but his beer had to be from Satan's Half Acre.

Salt is acceptable on Fries yes? If so :wub: extra :wub: if those pickles are of the spicy variety.

Bright yellow on Hot dogs yes, Burgers  and sandwiched can go with different varieties of brown mustard ie Deli, Stone Ground, etc.
I like salt and pepper on fries.  I can tell you what kind of pickles I'm not talking about - that would be bread & butter pickles.

I prefer a stone-ground and/or spicy mustard, but I celebrate the entire mustard catalog.  There's a beer/brat place out here we go to that has over 20 kinds of mustard to choose from.  Pure heaven.

Back in the 70s my aunt and uncle lived on the far south side of town about 3.5 miles from Pumpkin Center.   Even though their house was on the outskirts of town it was typically suburban.  There were 3 or 4 perfectly good stores within a couple of miles but my uncle insisted that my aunt purchase his beer (flats of Coors yellow-bellies) at the feed/hardware/general store in Pumpkin Center.  She could do all her shopping elsewhere but his beer had to be from Satan's Half Acre.
Pumkin Centers are generally more cosmopolitan than Punkin Centers, based on my observation.

I like salt and pepper on fries.  I can tell you what kind of pickles I'm not talking about - that would be bread & butter pickles.

I prefer a stone-ground and/or spicy mustard, but I celebrate the entire mustard catalog.  There's a beer/brat place out here we go to that has over 20 kinds of mustard to choose from.  Pure heaven.
Seriously, are we related?

We just put an offer on a house.

I have been in this house 10 years and while I really like it, my income has declined enough that it doesn't make sense for us any more. We have big equity in the house though.

So we are looking to buy an older, much cheaper, and slightly larger house a few miles away. The trick is that it needs some significant remodeling. We don't want to move twice, so we are going to attempt to carry both properties for a few months while the major stuff is being done on the new house. 

It is going to be a financial strain during that period, but ultimately we expect to have a house that suits us better, with a lower monthly payment and also some additional cash on hand from the equity in our current house. We also think the update project on the new house is likely to give us an equity uplift there right out of the gate.

But this #### is going to be scary for 3-4 months. I am not one of the kristas, we don't buy and sell real estate like most people change their socks.

are you familiar with the works of Andy Kaufman?

We just put an offer on a house.

I have been in this house 10 years and while I really like it, my income has declined enough that it doesn't make sense for us any more. We have big equity in the house though.

So we are looking to buy an older, much cheaper, and slightly larger house a few miles away. The trick is that it needs some significant remodeling. We don't want to move twice, so we are going to attempt to carry both properties for a few months while the major stuff is being done on the new house. 

It is going to be a financial strain during that period, but ultimately we expect to have a house that suits us better, with a lower monthly payment and also some additional cash on hand from the equity in our current house. We also think the update project on the new house is likely to give us an equity uplift there right out of the gate.

But this #### is going to be scary for 3-4 months. I am not one of the kristas, we don't buy and sell real estate like most people change their socks.
Oh god.....I had two mortgages for 3 months and it nearly killed me.  And I'm in a market that's fractional of yours.  God speed.

Is the ex entitled to any of the equity off the sale?   

Users who are viewing this thread