What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Rap/Hip Hop Discussion Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Can someone here give me some Workout Hip Hop Songs? good for running/lifting? My list is stale...

I don't care if it's new or old, I just want to be able to get ####### TURNT UP TO IT!!

My most played for cross reference (no comments about mainstream rap please):

B.I.G. - Machine Gun Funk

2 Pac - Cant C Me

2 Pac - Skandalouz

DJ Khaled - I'm On One

Jay Z - Public Service Announcement

Big Sean - Switch Up

Wiz Khalifa - Work Hard, Play Hard

ASAP Rocky - Wild For The Night

Canibus - 2nd Round KO

Busta Rhymes - Gimme Some More

The Game - One Blood

Fabolous - Breathe

Nas - The Message

Tribe Called Quest - Sucka N****

The Diplomats - Ground Zero
No eminem please.
This beat gets me extremely excited, but ymmv based on your tolerance for Kool Keith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e9GlddJtQQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone here give me some Workout Hip Hop Songs? good for running/lifting? My list is stale...

I don't care if it's new or old, I just want to be able to get ####### TURNT UP TO IT!!

My most played for cross reference (no comments about mainstream rap please):

B.I.G. - Machine Gun Funk

2 Pac - Cant C Me

2 Pac - Skandalouz

DJ Khaled - I'm On One

Jay Z - Public Service Announcement

Big Sean - Switch Up

Wiz Khalifa - Work Hard, Play Hard

ASAP Rocky - Wild For The Night

Canibus - 2nd Round KO

Busta Rhymes - Gimme Some More

The Game - One Blood

Fabolous - Breathe

Nas - The Message

Tribe Called Quest - Sucka N****

The Diplomats - Ground Zero
No eminem please.

I have some random stuff here that may fit the bill:http://open.spotify.com/user/1226774459/playlist/5Km0AWxt5XiO4dboa40urK

Deep Cover - Dre/Snoop

Scenario - Tribe

The Choice is Yours - Black Sheep

The Anthem - Sway & King Tech

Wicked - Cube

Blow Your Mind - Redman

Denver area RapGuys, I have two tickets to see Run the Jewels tonight at 8pm at the Ogden. I won't be able to make it, so if anybody wants the tickets for free (you can scalp them if you live in the area, doesn't matter to me) email me at

kev4029@gmail.com
and I will send them over to you.

ETA: Taken.

Kev4029 said:
Denver area RapGuys, I have two tickets to see Run the Jewels tonight at 8pm at the Ogden. I won't be able to make it, so if anybody wants the tickets for free (you can scalp them if you live in the area, doesn't matter to me) email me at

kev4029@gmail.com
and I will send them over to you.

ETA: Taken.

:thumbup:

Thanks a lot for the RTJ tickets, Kev! My buddy was pumped to hear that I got free tickets for us. This show is going to be awesome. Let me know if you want to go tomorrow night, as my buddy might have an extra ticket that I could get for you.

I saw Run the Jewels perform back-to-back nights last week, and they were fantastic as always. Thanks again to Kev2049 for hooking me and my friend up with tickets to the first show! I go to nearly every noteworthy rap show that comes through Denver, and I'm telling you that Run the Jewels puts on a better rap concert than anyone right now. I think they are currently the best in the rap game, and their high energy live performances only further confirm that. No one brings the same ridiculous combination of incredible rap flows, top-notch beats, and insightful political and social commentary like Killer Mike and El-P. I highly recommend catching them live when they go back on tour next year. Here is a picture that I took at the first show down in the pit (which was wild as ####).

I also got to meet Killer Mike and El-P before the second show. They were hanging out and signing some merchandise at a Zumiez store in a mall during the day. There weren't many people there at all, so I got to chat with Killer Mike and El-P for a little bit. They were both super cool and humble and funny. Killer Mike and I chatted a bit about growing up in Atlanta listening to Outkast. They took a picture with me and signed an RTJ t-shirt for me. It was an awesome experience to meet two of my favorite rappers. Here is the picture that I got with them (in which I happened to be wearing a Chicago Sausagefest t-shirt that Otello sent me in last year's FBG T-Shirt Exchange).

A couple days ago, Run the Jewels also released a new video for "Angel Duster," which is composed of footage from their Jewels Runners tour and festival run over the last year. The video gives you a good taste of the Run the Jewels concert experience. Here is a link to the "Angel Duster" video on YouTube.

"Angel Duster" is my all-time favorite Run the Jewels song. I love the last two verses of the song, which are a biting critique of religious right wing conservative politicians and the religious establishment as a whole. It's brave, out-spoken secularism in a genre that has traditionally embraced the notion of God. And it's backed by a super dope beat.

[El-P:]

You say you wanna be my leader

I think you wanna be my God

You say you on the side of the righteous

I say I'm gonna hang with the wrong

There's truth where the filth is

There's lies in the law

You want a whore with a white dress

I want a wife in a thong

You love fear and division

I ain't #### with your symbolism

I don't give a #### about power

I'll pluck an eye out a pyramid

Cut a ear from a mouse hat

Go Van Gogh on a house rat

Find another mind to devour

Mother####er I'm really not hearin' it

[Killer Mike:]

A pope is a fraud

A church is a lie

A queen is the same damn thing

You should pray to your fake god that she die

If God really exists I tell you like this it reside inside

And anybody tellin' you different, just sellin' you religion, tryin' to keep your ### in line

I kill my masters

I mentor none

That means when I die that's it

My style is gone I'm a one of one

One half of the great RTJ

Defeated the odds went to war with the gods

Earned all our scars and came back straight

I'm seeing Chali 2na tonight backed by an electronic funk band called the Funk Hunters. It should be a pretty interesting show.

PSA: A Tribe Called Quest is supposed to be on Jimmy Fallon tonight as part of the celebration of the 25th anniversary of 'People's Instinctive Travel and Path of Rhythm'

Tribe is my favorite hip hop group so I am looking forward to seeing them perform with the Roots tonight

PSA: A Tribe Called Quest is supposed to be on Jimmy Fallon tonight as part of the celebration of the 25th anniversary of 'People's Instinctive Travel and Path of Rhythm'

Tribe is my favorite hip hop group so I am looking forward to seeing them perform with the Roots tonight
And including Jarobi.

Throw in The Roots backing them and my expectations are sky high for this performance.

I saw Kid Cudi perform in Denver on Monday night in what was a pretty bizarre and head-scratching show. Things started off strange as Cudi was about an hour late coming on stage while 90's grunge and punk songs oddly played over the venue speakers. When he eventually came on stage, he was wearing classic 90's attire -- an unbuttoned flannel shirt with a Beavis and Butthead t-shirt -- with a post-apocalyptic-style stage set that featured broken TVs, fences, and dismembered human bodies. Cudi proceeded to then play a 45 minute set that consisted of him playing guitar and singing (both not very well) over grunge/punk rock/metal-style songs, which were apparently from his upcoming album Speedin' Bullet to Heaven. Most of the audience was just standing around looking at the stage with a confused look on their face. Cudi then took an intermission for about 20 minutes and then came back and performed 6 or 7 rap songs from his previous albums while apologizing that he had to cut a few songs from his set list due to time reasons. I enjoyed his performance of "Marijuana" and "Satellite Flight" (which were the type of spacy, psychedelic rap songs that I was hoping to see), but the concert overall was quite strange. As we were leaving the show, I told my friend that someone needed to warn Cudi's therapist about an impending mental health breakdown. Then, Cudi announced on Twitter yesterday that he was canceling the remainder of his tour because "things weren't together production wise and I need a bit to make some changes" with an obligatory shout out to the personal issues that he is dealing within his life.

I've got a really tough choice to make between two upcoming shows that I have tickets to on the same night featuring some of my all-time favorite rappers at epic venues:

Run the Jewels at the Belly Up in Aspen, CO (450-person capacity venue) during the X-Games

or

Big Grams (Big Boi + Phantogram) at Red Rocks for Winter on the Rocks

I can't believe that Big Boi and Killer Mike are going to make me choose between these two shows. Both should be incredible.

I've got a really tough choice to make between two upcoming shows that I have tickets to on the same night featuring some of my all-time favorite rappers at epic venues:

Run the Jewels at the Belly Up in Aspen, CO (450-person capacity venue) during the X-Games

or

I can't believe that Big Boi and Killer Mike are going to make me choose between these two shows. Both should be incredible.
tough choice. Big Boi puts on a great show. I havent seen run the jewels but i have heard they do as well.

or

tough choice. Big Boi puts on a great show. I havent seen run the jewels but i have heard they do as well.
I was really excited to see RTJ in such a small venue, but I have seen them live three times over the past year. I've also seen Outkast and Phantogram live a couple times each over the past year and a half, but this is likely a one-time opportunity to see the collaboration of Big Grams at Red Rocks. Run the Jewels and Nas are performing together on Thursday night at Buttermilk Mountain in Aspen, so I might still try to pull off seeing both of them on back-to-back nights. It will be a lot of driving on wintery mountain roads in January, but I think it would be worth it.

So what are folks top 2015 albums? I feel like it was a slow year.

For me its:

lupe - tetsuo & youth
kendrick - TPAB
run the jewels 2
Joel Ortiz & Illmind - Human
Earl Sweatshirt - I dont like **** I dont go outside

What did i miss? I just found about about skyzoos album and listened to it yesterday. its really good.

LIstening to Aesop Rock's Skelethon right now and really liking it. Finally got around to listening after four years. Loved Zero Dark Thirty. Have had that on loop months ago for a few weeks. Totally interesting, as is the rest of the album. I'm going to have to check out The Impossible Kid next when it comes out, if it hasn't already.  

rockaction said:
LIstening to Aesop Rock's Skelethon right now and really liking it. Finally got around to listening after four years. Loved Zero Dark Thirty. Have had that on loop months ago for a few weeks. Totally interesting, as is the rest of the album. I'm going to have to check out The Impossible Kid next when it comes out, if it hasn't already.  
Haven't checked this one.  Big fan of Aesop since the early Def Jux days.  One of the brilliant minds in the game.  

what are like the 10 best weed songs man?

I'm going to freestyle it right now, here's mine:

1.  Spark Another Owl- Cypress Hill

2.  Indo Smoke- Warren G and Co.

3.  Crumblin Herb/Whootie Whoo- Outkast 

4.   How High- Red/Mef

20.  Mad Izm- KRS/Channel Live

5.  on it- Luniz  (REMIX!)

6.  Smoke Out- Dove Shack

7.  Smoke Buddah- Redman

8.  Someone else do some more.

Listening to the new stuff is great and all and it's cool to be in the know of what's going on now, but damn the past week I've been throwing it back to the mid 90's, and been tripping on some classic Illmatic again. Nas is still king.

rockaction said:
8. Let's Pack The Pipe - Pharcyde

9. Pillow- Richie RIch

10. Buddah Lovers- BT&H  (this song is actually pretty ridiculous)

A couple weed song ballads to put on when you're wooing a lady

America's Most Blunted- Madlib/Quasimoto

Today Was a Good Day- Ice Cube  (?)  Prob not really a weed song, but it is for me

Users who are viewing this thread