What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Stefon Diggs, HOU (2 Viewers)

Didn't you just say Buffalo was a rumored destination?
true... 

signs point to him being traded. This Mo Channel guy seems like a bozo but he could be right here. 

Diggs did follow white, brady, and edelman on Instagram yesterday or Monday. You dont do that when the Bills are in talks to trade for you 

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded Harry and Corey Davis for him in 1 league. 

Offered Gallup and Mark Andrews for him in another, was shot down. 
Those are quite a bit better than what I got offered. I would probably not take either of them but they aren't terrible. 

ETA: I think he's worth two (mid to late) firsts.  Mid to late I assume since if you have an early first you probably are not buying. 

Those are quite a bit better than what I got offered. I would probably not take either of them but they aren't terrible. 
I was surprised about Andrews and Gallup. Both work well on my analyzer and the guy is building for the future

Probably would take a 1st and Gallup from our conversations. not willing to do that as I am thin at rb and need that 1st 

Buffalo is freaking out because Diggs followed a few Bills players on social media today. Rolls eyes.  
They did try to trade for Antonio Brown before he stopped them. 

Diggs would be infinitely less stupid than that idea. 

Imagine Antonio Brown paired with a young 2nd year QB who isnt the most accurate or most developed pocket passer in terms of the locker room dynamic... 

Some rumors of Zay Jones and a 2nd rounder.  I think when they traded for Benjamin it was right before their bye just like this week so they can have a few weeks to get him up to speed.  Didn’t work out but like that Beans tries to explore all avenues. 

Some rumors of Zay Jones and a 2nd rounder.  I think when they traded for Benjamin it was right before their bye just like this week so they can have a few weeks to get him up to speed.  Didn’t work out but like that Beans tries to explore all avenues. 
I don’t think I would mind that.  Just don’t give up the 1st.  And get rid of Zay.  I don’t even care if he blows up somewhere else.  

Looks like the Vikes have told teams they aren't interested in moving Diggs.

Makes sense with the contract they gave him, but mainly, I'm glad they're rebuffing a player who wants to be traded (if true).

That stuff needs to stop & it needs to stop now. Not good for the health of the league.

Had been trying to move Diggs for an RB for a couple weeks. I unintentionally went zero RB and had James White as my RB1 in a PPR league and took a bunch of fliers on RB3s.

A team with Kamara, Fournette and Kerryon had been going back and forth with Kerryon offers but couldn't get it done before he blew up last week. Last ditch effort I tried Diggs, Breida and R. Jones for Fournette and the guy accepted. I don't even love Fournette but I still think I won the deal. Breida and Jones likely only would have been bye week fill ins. I handcuffed Fournette with Armstead right away because of his injury history

Wonder if there is a chance he sits this weekend. Latest report has his absence from practice yesterday due to general disgruntledness.

Stefon Diggs Addresses The Media

Diggs says he missed practice because he is feeling under the weather. He does seem to be a bit congested in the press conference.

He says he hasn't asked for a trade or talked to anyone with the Vikings about being traded. The things he has talked about is related to the team and how they can get better. He says he loves the team and the community and that he wants to be there.

Diggs is asking the reporters if they have heard he is going to be traded. He doesn't seem to be sure about that.

When asked again (which Diggs points out) he reiterates that what he means by there is truth to all rumors is that he has been frustrated, he wants to win. Pointing out what he means by that statement of their being some truth to that. That doesn't mean he is saying there is truth to the rumor of him wanting to be traded. He does seem to be wondering if the Vikings might be talking to teams about trading him though, and maybe they have been. Of course the Vikings are going to listen to all trade offers.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Vikings are adamant that Stefon Diggs isn't available for a trade, barring some massive deal.

Rapsheet noted that Diggs' frustration with the organization has been palpable. The Vikings' stud WR seemingly skipped practice on Wednesday, as he was listed as a DNP for non-injury reasons. Diggs averaged 9.9 targets per game in 2018, but that mark has dipped to just 4.8 through four weeks. 55 (!!!) WRs have more targets than Diggs this season. The Vikings' pass offense is set up about as well as possible for a rebound this week against a Giants defense that has allowed 8.2 net yards per pass attempt this season. Only the Dolphins (9.7) have been worse.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter.

Oct 3, 2019, 10:23 AM ET
Stefon Diggs returned to practice Thursday.

Diggs told reporters that he missed practice Wednesday due an illness. NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports that the Vikings won't trade Diggs barring a massive offer. Diggs stated, "There's always some truth in rumors" when asked if he requested a trade. He's tentatively expected to suit up for Sunday's get-right spot against the Giants' putrid secondary. Still, it's tough to consider Diggs anything other than a boom-or-bust WR3 with his volume concerns. He's averaging just 4.8 targets this season after racking up 9.9 opportunities per game in 2018.

SOURCE: Ben Goessling on Twitter.

Oct 3, 2019, 12:09 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport confirmed Stefon Diggs' "frustration is very real."

Diggs made waves with his mysterious absence Wednesday, leading to rumors of discontent. His no-show came on the heels of critical remarks made by fellow wideout Adam Thielen, who voiced his frustration in the team's passing game following Sunday's loss to Chicago. Per Rapoport, Diggs is "not happy" with the offense, his role in the offense, and in a more general sense, the "direction" the team has taken under new offensive coordinator Kevin Stefanski, who has pushed a run-first approach. No trade is imminent (Rapoport believes it would take a massive haul for Minnesota to even consider such a move), though there's obviously tension within the Vikings' locker room.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Oct 3, 2019, 1:27 PM ET

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports the Vikings are hoping Stefon Diggs' unhappiness and trade demand "blows over."

Per Fowler, "this isn’t first the time Diggs has been frustrated with team dynamics." Fowler reports it's "still unclear to many what ‘s actually making him upset," but that the, unsurprising, working theory is displeasure with the offense. Diggs didn't practice Wednesday but was there on Thursday. If you go down narrative street, Diggs is looking like the rare squeaky wheel coming off a 7/108 performance.

SOURCE: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter

Oct 3, 2019, 9:33 PM ET

Zimmer on Diggs' Status For Sunday, Keys To Success With Passing Game, More

Zimmer is asked if Diggs will play Sunday and ZImmer says "I don't know. We'll see." then he is asked "like the regular Diggs in practice?" "I dunno I have to watch tape" then he is asked what will determine if Diggs plays or not and again he says he has to watch the tape. Then the reporter seeking clarification asks so its how Diggs looks? Not punishment of any sort? Zimmer says Diggs has already been punished.

Punished for what?

There is a long silence after this and ZImmer just leaves the podium without further comment.

eta - The whole I am going to watch the tape thing is infuriating. 

Diggs is good. Not sure what ZImmer would need to see on tape from him? It makes no sense. It is a comment Leslie Frazier used too much before being shown the door.

NFL.com's Tom Pelissero reports that, "As of now all signs point to Diggs being active Sunday against the Giants."

Coach Mike Zimmer said Friday, "I don't know, we'll see" when asked if Diggs will play Sunday. The Vikings have already fined Diggs for missing early-week practices and meetings, so further punishment isn't expected. Continuing to feed Diggs 4.8 targets per game in the Vikings' run-first offense will probably piss off the stud WR more than simply sitting on the bench anyway. The Vikings' passing game is set up brilliantly against the Giants' mediocre secondary, but we wouldn't count on the team straying from their desire to establish the run at all costs.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter.

Oct 4, 2019, 3:08 PM ET

Usually when a WR complains about not getting targets, he's fed rather than ignored in the next game.

This is starting to sound like something much different.

Let's see what clarity the next day brings. I can't imagine Diggs is forced to sit for the game, right?

Users who are viewing this thread