What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Stefon Diggs, HOU (3 Viewers)

Does everyone think he turns the season around regardless of a trade.  I get i that it matters where he goes if he is traded but I'm trying to get a feel for if he is just cruising through this season.  I was offered Diggs for Kerryon normally I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on this deal but I just have an uneasy feeling about Diggs right now.

Am i alone?
I own him in 2/3 leagues. I would sell for kerryon in a second, but I need RBs in both leagues... 

I think it's easier for a WR to turn it around after a trade than a RB. But it greatly depends where he goes. IMO he is going nowhere 

Dr. Dan said:
Peoppe said Lamar Jackson could never throw the ball. Brown is 2nd among rookie wrs in average fp/g. they were wrong. 

While I dont see BUF as a major upgrade from MIN, I'm not sure I see it as a worse situation. They need a go to in that offense. Cole Beasely is not having a bad season, and his talent doesnt come close to Diggs. I think the future would certainly he better than MIN
They were wrong about Jackson, but looking right about the offense not being a good spot for him to really flourish like with a true passing QB.  I think it's right to say that it is not a top 15 destination, I guess that is my take on it. 

BUF is worse than MIN IMO. Passing potential is much better in Minnesota than it is in Buffalo.  At least it's sort of there if they decide to use it. 

They were wrong about Jackson, but looking right about the offense not being a good spot for him to really flourish like with a true passing QB.  I think it's right to say that it is not a top 15 destination, I guess that is my take on it. 

BUF is worse than MIN IMO. Passing potential is much better in Minnesota than it is in Buffalo.  At least it's sort of there if they decide to use it. 
I agree its below top 15. I disagree that it's worse. 

Buffalo has almost a games worth of more attempts than Minnesota, with absolutely zero WR competition. 

He may not post 7/100 every week but 9/75 is very possible with that volume. which is a heck of a lot better than what hes been doing in MIN. 

Since Kirk Cousins joined the team, Diggs is averaging:

6/63.7/.5

You're telling me he will do worse than that in Buffalo? I strongly disagree. probably does worse for TDs but I dont see him averaging less than 6/60 there. cole beasley has an avg of about 5.4/53... and he cant hold a candle to Diggs

Last edited by a moderator:
I do think he would do worse in Buffalo. His style doesn't seem like a good fit for Allen. 

Diggs is going to run his route, get open, and Allen will miss him too often. 

Hopefully he stays with Minnesota or gets traded to a more promising situation. 

I do think he would do worse in Buffalo. His style doesn't seem like a good fit for Allen. 

Diggs is going to run his route, get open, and Allen will miss him too often. 

Hopefully he stays with Minnesota or gets traded to a more promising situation. 
Interesting. and a fun what if scenario. Let's hope it doesnt become reality and he gets traded to a top 15 spot :) Or MIN gets a new QB this draft. 

The comments from non Viking fans in this thread do not seem to be aware of this.
Just wishful thinking because the 2 x fantasy WRs in MIN days are over. It will all run through Dalvin, and when they do throw it, it will either be 2 meh games for the WRs, or 1 up/1 down.

Dr. Dan said:
Peoppe said Lamar Jackson could never throw the ball. Brown is 2nd among rookie wrs in average fp/g. they were wrong. 

While I dont see BUF as a major upgrade from MIN, I'm not sure I see it as a worse situation. They need a go to in that offense. Cole Beasely is not having a bad season, and his talent doesnt come close to Diggs. I think the future would certainly he better than MIN
Jackson improved as a thrower and the Ravens don't have a lot of competition for catches. Josh Allen is even more inaccurate than Jackson, the Bills have a much better defense and the weather will get brutal there in the not so distant future - not to mention he'd need to learn a new offense on the fly.

In addition to Beasley, John Brown is also better than anyone on the Ravens receiving corp outside of Hollywood.

He made a ridiculous wink when saying yes he wants to be in Minnesota.  Said the right thing while using body language to indicate that he was lying. 

I am also quite sure he won't be traded. 
I was listening to Norse Code and Arif Hasan who is a beat writer for the Vikings points out that Diggs is often winking when he talks. Its just part of his style. So maybe folks shouldn't read too much into it.

I think the wink is because he isn't telling the whole story. I don't think Diggs likes Cousins much at all. So maybe thats it, or the unspoken caveat he is communicating with his wink.

Aged like milk
In dynasty I think hes a great buy. I'm still trying to buy 

Not sure what the point of this post was or how it adds to the discussion? or are you just out for an I told you so? not sure if that is what the mods would like to see as they like us to keep it to football

I have a hole @ TE & tried to move Diggs straight up for Engram, but no go. He wants Juju. I think this is him getting a steal. Am I overthinking? I also tried to get Hooper or Herndon from him, but no dice. I guess all his players are gold lol
The hardest part about fantasy is letting go of the expectations around a player....

I own diggs and I'm just not starting him anymore.  There just isn't enough to go around in minn

The hardest part about fantasy is letting go of the expectations around a player....

I own diggs and I'm just not starting him anymore.  There just isn't enough to go around in minn
I have Diggs in two dynasties - one he's been move to the bench for McLaurin and/or Hollywood Brown. In the other I've started tearing down the team so I have no choice but to start him - and he probably helps a rebuild strategy as he's making my pick better ;)

What is Diggs' value in dynasty PPR? I am disappointed with Goff so looking to replace or add another QB. I was offered his Watson & Hopkins for my Diggs, Ingram & McLaurin. I think he is asking too much in a start 1 QB league. I have WR depth to spare, but still not gonna overpay. I really need to fix my hole at TE.
Wow I would take that pretty easily. what am I missing?

One of the weirder things I've seen in my league. Keep in mind, there's probably only about 5 teams that send out trade offers.

Two weeks ago after his first big game I traded Diggs/Breida/R. Jones for Fournette. I didn't really love it but needed RB help badly and Diggs was my WR3 at that point.

After his 2 catch effort the next game, the SAME owner who just traded me offered me Diggs for my John Brown. I didn't necessarily love Diggs ROS but figured that was an auto accept and worth the risk.

I had Diggs in my lineup for his blowup last week and immediately sent out all kinds of offers, some more realistic than others haha. Mostly Diggs plus a backup for OBJ, Hopkins, etc. After waivers ran today I got offered K. Allen/Gio for Diggs/Cohen (PPR) and accepted. 

I think Diggs will have his big games but a lot of 3-52 games in between and like Allen's floor more. Having said that Allen has been getting 3 catches lately but think thats an anomally.

I just think it's crazy that I (sort of) sold high, bought low, then sold high again all on the same player in 3 weeks. And I'm pretty sure I won all 3 trades, but it's early

Stefon Diggs 7-of-8 targets for a team-high 142 yards in Minnesota's Week 7 win over the Lions.

Diggs' longest catch of the day came on a 67-yard shot downfield as the Vikings gambled up 35-30 on second down to ice the game with less than two minutes remaining in regulation. His first catch didn't occur until Adam Thielen (1/25/1) exited in the first quarter with a hamstring injury, but it still speaks volumes that he was targeted at least eight times for the second straight week. Having led Minnesota in receiving with 14/309/3 the past two games, Diggs' looming trade market is clearly a thing of the past. He'll be a high-end WR2 on Thursday against Washington whether Thielen suits up or not.

Oct 20, 2019, 5:42 PM ET

Stefon Diggs caught 7-of-7 targets for 143 yards in the Vikings' Week 8 win over the Redskins.

Amazingly, the 7/143 effort was Diggs' second straight, while he's now piled up a ridiculous 453 yards over his past three games. His only blemish tonight was a lost fumble on the Vikings' opening drive. Trying to reverse fields on a 32-yard grab, Diggs let the ball get stripped away. It was his third lost fumble of the year, which simply can't happen for a receiver. Either way, Diggs is suddenly on pace for 1,412 receiving yards at the season's halfway point. That would have blown minds a few weeks ago. A Week 9 blowup spot in the Chiefs awaits.

Stefon Diggs caught just 1-of-4 targets for four yards in the Vikings' 26-23, Week 9 loss to the Chiefs.

After amassing 452 yards and three touchdowns with three straight 100-yard games coming into this one, his four-yard afternoon was a major letdown. Adam Thielen (hamstring) played one series before aggravating his injury, leaving the Chiefs to focus on taking Diggs away. He added a 12-yard rush. Diggs will look to bounce back on Sunday Night Football next week against Dallas.

Nov 3, 2019, 4:20 PM ET

what do people think of diggs today against a pretty good dallas d?  He literally cost me the week last week.  

Stefon Diggs caught 5-of-5 targets for 121 yards and a touchdown in the Vikings' Week 11 win over the Broncos.

Diggs entered halftime with zero yards as the Vikings trailed 20-0, though he did have a 34-yard reception called back by holding. It was a different story after the break, with Diggs providing the play of the day with his 54-yard touchdown. He got a step on Chris Harris, and that was all Kirk Cousins needed. Especially with Adam Thielen once again missing, it was a much needed big day from a wideout who had just four catches for 53 yards over his past two games. The Vikes are headed on bye before a Week 12 road trip to Seattle. Thielen should be back for that one.

Nov 17, 2019, 6:43 PM ET

Stefon Diggs caught just 4-of-9 targets for 25 yards in the Vikings' Week 13 loss to the Seahawks.

He added a 27-yard run to set up a Dalvin Cook two-yard touchdown on the next play to cap the opening drive. Diggs failed to catch any of his four second-half targets. He appeared to injure his foot/ankle in the third quarter but quickly returned to the game and looked no worse for the wear. Diggs will be a WR1 next week against the Lions. He put 7-142 on Detroit back in Week 7.

Stefon Diggs roped in six catches for 92 yards on nine targets Sunday in the Vikings’ Week 14 victory over Detroit.

Three of Diggs' team-high six grabs as well as 60 of his 92 yards came on Minnesota's final possession of the first half. Diggs set up a first-and-goal on that drive, beating Darius Slay for 44 yards on a ridiculous sideline catch. That would stand as the longest play from scrimmage for either team. Diggs needs just three more yards for 1,000, a benchmark he should reach next week against the Chargers. Even in a tough road spot versus Casey Hayward, Diggs belongs in all fantasy lineups.

Stefon Diggs caught 4-of-6 targets for 76 yards in the Vikings' Week 15 win over the Chargers.

He led the Vikings in catches, yards, and targets on a day Kirk Cousins only had to throw the ball 25 times -- five times in the second half -- in the 29-point win. Diggs' 46-yard catch set up one of Mike Boone's two fourth-quarter touchdown runs. Diggs will be an upside WR2 next week at home against the Packers.

Stefon Diggs caught 2-of-3 targets for 19 yards in the Vikings' Wild Card win over the Saints.

Diggs also rushed twice for eight yards. The Vikings' No. 1 WR was incredibly upset about his lack of targets, chucking his helmet on the sideline and yelling at teammates. Of course, Diggs had a point: He joined A.J. Brown as the league's only WRs to average at least 12 yards per target among 78 WRs with at least 50 targets. Overall, nobody had more receiving yards (635) or touchdowns on deep passes (6) than Diggs this season (PFF). Kirk Cousins will need to get his ace field-stretching WR move involved next week for the Vikings to pull off the upset.

Jan 5, 2020, 4:49 PM ET

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said he's "optimistic" Stefon Diggs (illness) will be fine for Saturday's Divisional Round matchup against 49ers.

"He's sick," Zimmer reaffirmed. "He'll be fine." Diggs hasn't practiced since the Vikings' walk-off against the Saints but sounds like he'll be more than capable of suiting up for the weekend's first Divisional contest on Saturday afternoon. We expect Diggs to return to practice (at least on a limited basis) tomorrow.

SOURCE: Chris Tomasson on Twitter

Jan 8, 2020, 3:09 PM ET

Stefon Diggs caught 2-of-5 targets for 57 yards and a touchdown in the Vikings' Divisional Round loss to the 49ers.

Diggs was the Vikings' lone bright spot in an otherwise humiliating loss, scorching Ahkello Witherspoon for a 41-yard touchdown with a beautiful hesitation move. Diggs almost pulled it off again in garbage time. The effort closed the book on Diggs' second straight 1,000-yard campaign, a season in which he was ludicrously hot for Weeks 4-8 but more uneven elsewhere. More than once, Diggs seemed frustrated with Kirk Cousins, who appeared more willing to force the issue with Adam Thielen than Diggs. The Vikes' run-obsessed offense couldn't support two wideouts of Diggs and Thielen's caliber on a weekly basis. Increasingly used more on the outside than in the slot, 26-year-old Diggs has proven capable of winning anywhere in the formation. He's a WR1 who will probably have to keep settling for WR2 numbers in Minnesota.

Jan 11, 2020, 7:45 PM ET

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero said it is currently a long shot for the Vikings to part ways with Stefon Diggs.

Diggs has expressed frustration with the team, particularly with Kirk Cousins, but that doesn't mean the Vikings are done with him. Minnesota feels that they're close to a title, so trading their stud receiver away would essentially close out their championship window. Pelissero still expects teams to call the Vikings about a trade but notes things are unlikely to go anywhere at the momemnt. Things could change, especially if Diggs continues to drum up attention off the field in the next couple of months, but for now, Diggs is likely back in Minnesota as a WR2 in fantasy.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Feb 19, 2020, 2:16 PM ET

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero said it is currently a long shot for the Vikings to part ways with Stefon Diggs.
Nor should they. According to PFF, he finished third in yards per routes run and he finished first in deep receiving yards among all receivers. 

He supposedly removed all things Vikings from his Instagram.  Perhaps he's just being a diva WR (again), but this could be telling.  Or could it?

According to the same report, he hadn't yet removed all things Vikings from his Twitter.

More speculation that he could become a Patriot, too.

He supposedly removed all things Vikings from his Instagram.  Perhaps he's just being a diva WR (again), but this could be telling.  Or could it?

According to the same report, he hadn't yet removed all things Vikings from his Twitter.

More speculation that he could become a Patriot, too.
Bet that would make Brady pretty happy.

Users who are viewing this thread