What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thursday game discussion (1 Viewer)

seraxel

Footballguy
Hello!

I read in the ebooks that it is generally a good idea to avoid the Thursday game, or at least reduce your interest in the players that night.

This makes a lot of sense with the generally sloppy nature of these games, where a lot of teams underperform because of the shortened week.

My question is: does this also apply for week 1, and/or if a team had a bye the previous week? In both these situations, it would seem that the "shortened" week for prep and recovery time should not apply, and that the sub-par performance might not be a factor.

(Anecdotally, I think back to the Denver-Baltimore opening game from a few years back, which was an offensive explosion.)

Is week one an exception to the general "avoid Thursday night" advice? And, throughout the season, should a team coming off a buy and going into a Thursday night game be treated differently? Are there any numbers out there regarding either situation?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread