What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any real DFS success stories? Any big paydays for you in tournaments? (1 Viewer)

gbanko4

Footballguy
I haven't cashed in a tournament yet but 50/50's have been working very well for me. I hope you're all applying what you read in the book because it works.

But has anybody finished well in a tournament on here yet? Don't think I've seen a story.

I mainly just stick with the 50/50's

have you noticed skill level per $ in your 50/50 experience?

gbanko4 said:
I haven't cashed in a tournament yet but 50/50's have been working very well for me. I hope you're all applying what you read in the book because it works.

But has anybody finished well in a tournament on here yet? Don't think I've seen a story.
Last year won $1000 on a $5 GPP. That is the best cash/$bet I have had.

Last edited by a moderator:
From a college football standpoint, last week three people using the IVC's finished 2nd in different GPP's. Taking home between $1,500-$5,000, which for $5-$10 GPP's was nice to see.

From my personal standpoint, I have had a few big scores and have been to a few different live finals.

NBA yes, a few. A couple 5k, a 3k, a 2.5k, and a few 1k. All between Nov 1 and New Years last year. I was shooting as many as 100 bullets into those gpps. I was watching every nba game, honed in on daily breaking injury news, and more importantly crushing cash games and head to heads. My regret is limiting myself to maximum $5 gpp entries. I don't have the stones to put out 100 $25 entries.

I guess I suck at NFL. I lost last season and I am doing terrible this season, but I did take something Who Dat wrote to heart. I am going very lightly early in the season to get some data behind us before playing heavier. I'm down less than $200. Yesterday I took 30 swings in the $2 Sunday only gpp. OFER 30, nothing cashed. Glad I didn't mess with cash games, nothing would have cashed there either. oof.

Also FBG Willie Nelson has a hellofa LU in the Fanduel Million this week. Sweating Aaron Rodgers tonight. RBs Freeman and Peterson, WRs Julio and Green, Cam/Olsen stack. I doubt it holds up but he's posted about it in the ffa.

gbanko4 said:
I haven't cashed in a tournament yet but 50/50's have been working very well for me.
Mincashing in a massive tournament isn't that much harder than cashing in a 50/50. It seems like it should be but when the field is so huge I bet 10% of it is bad lineups (not watching injury reports, etc).

Still, I totally agree with keeping your tourney ratio under 25%

From a college football standpoint, last week three people using the IVC's finished 2nd in different GPP's. Taking home between $1,500-$5,000, which for $5-$10 GPP's was nice to see.

From my personal standpoint, I have had a few big scores and have been to a few different live finals.
What's an IVC?

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=DFS_glossary
Sorry Interactive Value Charts, which is our version of our lineup optimizer.

gbanko4 said:

Last year won $1000 on a $5 GPP. That is the best cash/$bet I have had.

I've only done the $5 50/50s and have been spreading out multiple lineups in each one. So I can't answer that question since I haven't participated in a 50/50 over that price.

I have noticed the beginner contests are exceptional when it comes to lackluster lineups though, so I would get in on those.

gbanko4 said:
I haven't cashed in a tournament yet but 50/50's have been working very well for me.
Mincashing in a massive tournament isn't that much harder than cashing in a 50/50. It seems like it should be but when the field is so huge I bet 10% of it is bad lineups (not watching injury reports, etc).

Good point. I think I embrace the high variance players too much in tournaments since I'm looking to finish among the top tier.

But is it a sound strategy to play a tournament game like a cash game if you're just aiming to min cash?

gbanko4 said:

Good point. I think I embrace the high variance players too much in tournaments since I'm looking to finish among the top tier.

But is it a sound strategy to play a tournament game like a cash game if you're just aiming to min cash?
Maybe I play tourneys to much like cash games. My ROI is good so far on these about the same as for cash games but its because I've cashed a lot for small amounts, no big hits. I don't have any plans to change my 15% GPP play though regardless.

gbanko4 said:

No, just play in another 50/50 if you are looking for that. I don't think you can be too high variance in a tournament as long as your picks are sound.

The ROI comes from finishing high those rare times you do.

Also FBG Willie Nelson has a hellofa LU in the Fanduel Million this week. Sweating Aaron Rodgers tonight. RBs Freeman and Peterson, WRs Julio and Green, Cam/Olsen stack. I doubt it holds up but he's posted about it in the ffa.
He doesn't have Peterson. and he has John Brown. His lineup isn't actually that great.

Ah well, I wasn't paying too close attention there. I've been in the top 100 enough times to know it's more likely I'll end up in the top 5000 than the top ten.

The same week John won the 40,000, I won 15K for coming in 15th place at the Playboy Mansion live final. I also won a 10 dollar college tournament for 1,300 once.

gbanko4 said:

Check the link in my sig. I have been building the bankroll and taking off cash since the end of last football season in NBA and MLB. Hopefully I can keep it up in NFL.

My best result in a tourney was in basketball and was total luck. On night that jr smith and Dion waiters got traded for each other 10 min after lineup lock on fanduel, I had neither. Their ownership level was like 40-50 percent a piece. Anyway I won a GPP for 2500.

Users who are viewing this thread