What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

50/50s guaranteed overlay fills with 1 min to go! (1 Viewer)

cpstorm

Footballguy
I was watching FanDuel`s guaranteed 50/50s tonight, had a few overlays identfied, to the point where it was guaranteed to win (I was entry 10 out of 22). Literally 1 min before close all the overlays filled up. Every single one in the $25, 10, and 5 overlays filled instantly and all of a sudden, no overlay at all.

This smells fishy. Comments?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was watching FanDuel`s guaranteed 50/50s tonight, had a few overlays identfied, to the point where it was guaranteed to win (I was entry 10 out of 22). Literally 1 min before close all the overlays filled up. Every single one in the $25, 10, and 5 overlays filled instantly and all of a sudden, no overlay at all.

Pretty sure the terms & conditions on the site say that if there are multiple similar events with a lot of openings, the last minute before they start, they'll break apart some of the games to fill up the rest.

For example, if there are ten "20-player $5 50/50"s that each have 10 players out of 20 (100 entries out of 200 total), they'll break those down into five "20-player $5 50/50"s and fill them all (100 entries for 100 spots).
I don't believe they are able to do this. What is most likely happening is that there are a bunch of people such as myself who see the overlay and are joining the games. With how big these sites are you have to think there are probably a minimum of 50-100 players who are just scooping games late trying to get overlay. On a weekly basis I will join a lot of 50/50's with very little time left if I see overlay.

Do you mean double ups or 50/50s? The 100 person and smaller 50/50s are NOT guaranteed contests so if they don't fill, they don't run.

They were probably double ups. I entered one expecting overlay, then saw the fill up very quickly, and bailed knowing that it wasn't overlay any longer. Just curious to see if anybody else is noticed this phenomenon and wondering if there's anything going on that shouldn't be

It's extremely difficult to find overlays on NFL games at FanDuel or DraftKings. Both sites allow people to enter contests using software that automates the process (here is one for FanDuel), so you can submit several hundred entries in just a few seconds instead of doing a zillion mouse clicks. If it looks like a contest is going to overlay, people fill it up at the last minute.

We can debate whether sites should allow that or not, but that's what's going on.

There are still overlays at a lot of smaller sites.

Last edited by a moderator:

Had the exact same thing happen a couple of weeks ago. Now I don't look for overlays anymore.

It's extremely difficult to find overlays on NFL games at FanDuel or DraftKings. Both sites allow people to enter contests using software that automates the process (here is one for FanDuel), so you can submit several hundred entries in just a few seconds instead of doing a zillion mouse clicks. If it looks like a contest is going to overlay, people fill it up at the last minute.

We can debate whether sites should allow that or not, but that's what's going on.

There are still overlays at a lot of smaller sites.
MT you mentioned one of the smaller sites a few weeks ago in one of the DFS threads in the SP. I've been enjoying a ton of success in the double and triple ups where they literally have 75% fill rates. And I was an ODB called back TD away from first place and $10,000 in the main GPP. Still got fourth though! Thanks for the heads up!

Users who are viewing this thread